Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Drakeford 21:39 - May 7 with 86401 viewsbuilthjack

👀
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 7:22]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mr Drakeford on 18:03 - Feb 17 with 1122 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 17:36 - Feb 17 by Flashberryjack

Ah! do you know that for sure, or have you been gazing into your crystal ball again ?

There are about 1,400,000 unemployed who are looking for work and about 8,000,000 economically inactive. Just depends how many are qualified and actually want to work.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Mr Drakeford on 18:06 - Feb 17 with 1111 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Drakeford on 17:36 - Feb 17 by Flashberryjack

Ah! do you know that for sure, or have you been gazing into your crystal ball again ?

As well as anyone knows anything
Mr Drakeford on 18:45 - Feb 17 with 1089 viewsFlashberryjack

Mr Drakeford on 18:06 - Feb 17 by controversial_jack

As well as anyone knows anything

To be fair, I just posted a fact, you posted what you think.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Mr Drakeford on 22:52 - Feb 17 with 1049 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Drakeford on 18:45 - Feb 17 by Flashberryjack

To be fair, I just posted a fact, you posted what you think.

The issue is, are the more jobs than Unemployed, The answer is no, as the unemployment rate is 4.8%. 3% is seen as full employment.
Mr Drakeford on 23:52 - Feb 17 with 1038 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 22:52 - Feb 17 by controversial_jack

The issue is, are the more jobs than Unemployed, The answer is no, as the unemployment rate is 4.8%. 3% is seen as full employment.

There’s plenty of jobs out there, but a lot of them are minimum wage or just above it and in many cases it’s not worth people working. Family of 2 adults, 2 kids will pick up almost £19k on universal credit which will include rent, council tax etc etc. Any cash in hand jobs- hobbling etc will obviously boost income.

The same family unit where 1 person works 37.5 hours per week on minimum wage will have an income of about £17.5k pa, this is taxed and subject to national insurance and will see a further reduction of around £2k. The working family then have to pay rent/ mortgage, council tax etc which is a further hit, but they may get tax credits.

The new minimum wage will put extra money in workers pockets, but it may not be be enough in many cases to incentivise work.
Mr Drakeford on 12:47 - Feb 18 with 1003 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Drakeford on 23:52 - Feb 17 by majorraglan

There’s plenty of jobs out there, but a lot of them are minimum wage or just above it and in many cases it’s not worth people working. Family of 2 adults, 2 kids will pick up almost £19k on universal credit which will include rent, council tax etc etc. Any cash in hand jobs- hobbling etc will obviously boost income.

The same family unit where 1 person works 37.5 hours per week on minimum wage will have an income of about £17.5k pa, this is taxed and subject to national insurance and will see a further reduction of around £2k. The working family then have to pay rent/ mortgage, council tax etc which is a further hit, but they may get tax credits.

The new minimum wage will put extra money in workers pockets, but it may not be be enough in many cases to incentivise work.

Universal credit is not always as good as ppl think. Rent has to be paid if a private landlord and it doesn't leave much left over
Mr Drakeford on 07:47 - Feb 20 with 941 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Two Welsh politicians, Adam Price and Labour's Mick Antoniw have gone to the Ukraine they have just landed in Kyiv. Not sure why they are and this is despite UK government advice not to travel to the Ukraine and for all British citizens to leave.
Hope the Senedd are not paying for this trip.

Mr Drakeford on 08:58 - Feb 20 with 935 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Mr Drakeford on 07:47 - Feb 20 by felixstowe_jack

Two Welsh politicians, Adam Price and Labour's Mick Antoniw have gone to the Ukraine they have just landed in Kyiv. Not sure why they are and this is despite UK government advice not to travel to the Ukraine and for all British citizens to leave.
Hope the Senedd are not paying for this trip.

They are there apparently to show “solidarity with the workers and minorities”.

I imagine the Ukrainians were instantly comforted and are now at peace with the forthcoming apocalypse.
Login to get fewer ads

Mr Drakeford on 10:49 - Feb 20 with 911 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 08:58 - Feb 20 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

They are there apparently to show “solidarity with the workers and minorities”.

I imagine the Ukrainians were instantly comforted and are now at peace with the forthcoming apocalypse.

I was stunned when I read this. What’s going on in the Ukraine isn’t good, but in reality their presence isn’t going to make a huge difference and if it goes Pete Tong out there it just creates more work and risk for others to get them out.
Mr Drakeford on 15:47 - Feb 24 with 828 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Wonder what Drakeford will say about Ukraine, will he follow the Corbyn narrative?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Mr Drakeford on 16:53 - Feb 24 with 797 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 23:52 - Feb 17 by majorraglan

I've said for ages that if people return to work, if it makes them worse off then the benefits system should still pay out a bit to ensure they are better off.

For example, if a family lives entirely on benefits and retuning to work makes them 2 grand worse off but their entire benefit bill is 20k then keep giving them 4k and make them better off. It still saves 16k as well as the mental health benefits AND the good example it sets to kids.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Mr Drakeford on 17:02 - Feb 24 with 790 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 16:53 - Feb 24 by Catullus

I've said for ages that if people return to work, if it makes them worse off then the benefits system should still pay out a bit to ensure they are better off.

For example, if a family lives entirely on benefits and retuning to work makes them 2 grand worse off but their entire benefit bill is 20k then keep giving them 4k and make them better off. It still saves 16k as well as the mental health benefits AND the good example it sets to kids.

That is what Universal Credit does. You still get paid extra benefits if you are working.

Mr Drakeford on 17:06 - Feb 24 with 782 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 17:02 - Feb 24 by felixstowe_jack

That is what Universal Credit does. You still get paid extra benefits if you are working.

Yes but it tapers and doesn't make work pay enough for many people. I don't actually know how much you'd get because I've never claimed it. I haven't claimed any unemployment benefits in a long, long time so maybe somebody who has a clue could wise me up?

I do know people though who do claim universal credit and have turned down jobs because it's not worth it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Mr Drakeford on 18:18 - Feb 24 with 757 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 17:06 - Feb 24 by Catullus

Yes but it tapers and doesn't make work pay enough for many people. I don't actually know how much you'd get because I've never claimed it. I haven't claimed any unemployment benefits in a long, long time so maybe somebody who has a clue could wise me up?

I do know people though who do claim universal credit and have turned down jobs because it's not worth it.

Totally agree, there needs to be a decent incentive to get people in work. The tapering system needs to be a little more generous so people really get to feel the benefit of working.
Mr Drakeford on 15:38 - Feb 25 with 710 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Huge queues on M4. It is congested from Brynglas Tunnel alway the way back to the second Severn crossing.
The Tunnels should be renamed Drakeford's folly as he thinks there is no problem there.

Mr Drakeford on 15:59 - Feb 25 with 701 viewsWhiterockin

Mr Drakeford on 15:38 - Feb 25 by felixstowe_jack

Huge queues on M4. It is congested from Brynglas Tunnel alway the way back to the second Severn crossing.
The Tunnels should be renamed Drakeford's folly as he thinks there is no problem there.

Drakeford is against people using cars, this is the problem and it won't go away. Why else would he stop all new road building including bypasses, which move the pollution out of built up areas.
Mr Drakeford on 16:06 - Feb 25 with 699 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Mr Drakeford on 15:38 - Feb 25 by felixstowe_jack

Would you base a business at the end of a 20 mile traffic jam? The effect on the ecomony here in Wales is obvious.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Mr Drakeford on 08:23 - Feb 26 with 643 viewsKilkennyjack

Mr Drakeford on 16:06 - Feb 25 by JACKMANANDBOY

Would you base a business at the end of a 20 mile traffic jam? The effect on the ecomony here in Wales is obvious.

The modern digital businesses just need the internet. 👍

Beware of the Risen People

Mr Drakeford on 08:24 - Feb 26 with 642 viewsKilkennyjack

Well done on welcoming Ukranian refugees Prof Drakers.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️🇺🇦

Mr Drakeford on 08:27 - Feb 26 with 636 viewsKilkennyjack

Mr Drakeford on 17:06 - Feb 24 by Catullus

London rule will never bring prosperity to Wales.
HS2 tells you that much.

Mr Drakeford on 09:02 - Feb 26 with 627 viewsBrynmill_Jack

As much as I detest Cardiff Bay and everything those small time town councilors have done/haven’t done one thing is patently clear- Wales has the lowest rates of the virus as shown on the BBC coronavirus map. We are almost entirely coloured out in blue - Scotland and England still in the gold and Northern Ireland lagging behind with the highest rates of infection.

Why is NI so badly affected as compared with the rest of the uk?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mr Drakeford on 10:03 - Feb 26 with 614 viewsWhiterockin

Mr Drakeford on 09:02 - Feb 26 by Brynmill_Jack

As much as I detest Cardiff Bay and everything those small time town councilors have done/haven’t done one thing is patently clear- Wales has the lowest rates of the virus as shown on the BBC coronavirus map. We are almost entirely coloured out in blue - Scotland and England still in the gold and Northern Ireland lagging behind with the highest rates of infection.

Why is NI so badly affected as compared with the rest of the uk?

England has virtually been back to normal for a while. The colour Blue does not take into account the living standards of people and the economic recovery. Ever thought why Wales is always dragging behind in these areas.
Mr Drakeford on 11:05 - Feb 26 with 587 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mr Drakeford on 10:03 - Feb 26 by Whiterockin

England has virtually been back to normal for a while. The colour Blue does not take into account the living standards of people and the economic recovery. Ever thought why Wales is always dragging behind in these areas.

Don’t misread me. I just stated my mistrust and dislike of the Cardiff Bay Cabal. I’m strictly talking about infection rates.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mr Drakeford on 11:17 - Feb 26 with 582 viewsKilkennyjack

Mr Drakeford on 10:03 - Feb 26 by Whiterockin

Yes, i have.

It is clear that decisions made in London never put the impact on Wales as an important consideration.
Put simply - they dont care about Wales.

Read up about HS2.
Read up about the pandemic funding.
Read up about rail electrification.
Read up about the proposed Swansea tidal lagoon.
Read up about the non-replacement of EU funds to Wales.
Read up about funding going to Tory marginal seats.
Read up on pandemic related corruption and partygate.
Read up on 150,000 covid deaths in UK.

Welsh people making decisions about wales, in wales. That might just offer some hope.

Welsh people have never voted Tory.
Wales is not England.

Mr Drakeford on 11:36 - Feb 26 with 579 viewsraynor94

Mr Drakeford on 11:17 - Feb 26 by Kilkennyjack

Yes, i have.

It is clear that decisions made in London never put the impact on Wales as an important consideration.
Put simply - they dont care about Wales.

Read up about HS2.
Read up about the pandemic funding.
Read up about rail electrification.
Read up about the proposed Swansea tidal lagoon.
Read up about the non-replacement of EU funds to Wales.
Read up about funding going to Tory marginal seats.
Read up on pandemic related corruption and partygate.
Read up on 150,000 covid deaths in UK.

Welsh people making decisions about wales, in wales. That might just offer some hope.

Welsh people have never voted Tory.
Wales is not England.

Yet there are 16 Tory members, more than Plaid and Libs together.

How do you work that out then?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024