Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Drakeford 21:39 - May 7 with 86395 viewsbuilthjack

👀
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 7:22]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mr Drakeford on 13:16 - May 9 with 1893 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 09:44 - May 9 by Kilkennyjack

People vote at that time.

The welsh people though Jezza was a north London luvie.
The welsh people can relate to Prof Drakers.

Using your logic, every election in wales proves Wales is Remain.

You bezt accept that the welsh people have enbraced their senedd after 22 years and covid has shown the value. Without a doubt.

The hard right UKIP/Brexut/Abolish shown the door.

Devolution is a journey.
Lets see what Drakers can get because Johnson sees Wales as key to deaking with Comrade Nicola. Johnson is about to get out foxed.

Election results don't prove Wales is remain because it wasn't an election issue. We know that Wales favoured leave because the majority who bothered to vote chose leave.

If the Welsh people have really embraced the Senedd why has the voter turnout never even reached 50%.

This time around over 53% didn't vote, not even with the kids getting a vote. That shows that most people in Wales are apathetic at best about the Senedd. When the Welsh turnout hits 66% (as it did for the GE) then you can say Wales has embraced the Senedd as it embraces Westminster!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Mr Drakeford on 13:24 - May 9 with 1885 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 09:37 - May 9 by Kilkennyjack

The bbc ensures the GE has more profile than Welsh Govt elections.

It makes the valid point though about Wales needing fully devolved public broadcasting.

The GE has more profile? All I saw on tv for ages was the leaders debate, political programmes talking about the vote, every news show carried the election.

Drakeford has done well, he got more votes by far than anyone else and like I already said, now we all need to get behind it and tell Bojo Wales wants the same devo deal as Scotland. The problem for the Senedd, there would be nowhere to hide, they'd have to carry the can entirely but that's what Wales wants acording to this vote. The two unionsit parties getting 66% of the vote and both being pro devo.

It must hrut you though Kilky, Plaid dong worse than last time, losing vote share. I guess it shows the Welsh aren't really interested in Indy.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Mr Drakeford on 13:29 - May 9 with 1878 viewstrampie

Mr Drakeford on 13:24 - May 9 by Catullus

The GE has more profile? All I saw on tv for ages was the leaders debate, political programmes talking about the vote, every news show carried the election.

Drakeford has done well, he got more votes by far than anyone else and like I already said, now we all need to get behind it and tell Bojo Wales wants the same devo deal as Scotland. The problem for the Senedd, there would be nowhere to hide, they'd have to carry the can entirely but that's what Wales wants acording to this vote. The two unionsit parties getting 66% of the vote and both being pro devo.

It must hrut you though Kilky, Plaid dong worse than last time, losing vote share. I guess it shows the Welsh aren't really interested in Indy.

Plaids vote share was almost the same as last time (0.1 and 0.2 of a percent worse) in the circumstances of Drakeford doing well and the election coming at the right time for Drakeford then Plaid done ok.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Mr Drakeford on 13:37 - May 9 with 1874 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 13:29 - May 9 by trampie

Plaids vote share was almost the same as last time (0.1 and 0.2 of a percent worse) in the circumstances of Drakeford doing well and the election coming at the right time for Drakeford then Plaid done ok.

Plaid lost votes, whichever way you try to dress it up it's a fact. Price expected "surging support for Independence" and it didn't happen.

Mr Drakeford on 13:42 - May 9 with 1870 viewsonehunglow

Mr Drakeford on 13:10 - May 9 by Catullus

I didn't have a dig at Labour, I simply pointed out to you that the Welsh public cannot be said to support Welsh labour as only 20% of the Welsh electorate voted for them. It's enough to keep them in power but it doesn't prove the entire Welsh public support them. At least 26% of the Welsh public supported the tories.

And yes it is the same for Westminster but that's not something you need to point out.

You didn't even know we use a different voting system in Wales than for a UKGE!

Indeed. One must not have a dig at Labour,nor anything welsh or Irish,come to that.

My God,what a sad thread this is.

Wales drifting back to being insular,introverted and myopic seeing hatred as the way forward.

The Wall came down in Berlin as will the Mexican one.
Jericho too.

Ask Humpty Dumpty about walls

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mr Drakeford on 22:49 - May 9 with 1773 viewsKilkennyjack

Thankfully Mr Drakeford is not in favour of the current union.

‘Mr Drakeford told MPs a new devolution settlement was needed after the pandemic had caused a rise in polarised opinions about Wales’ future, including support for Welsh independence as well as for abolishing devolution.

He said: “I do think the effect of the pandemic and the last 12 months has been to polarise opinion in Wales about the way it should be governed.

“What we have to do — to quote a Conservative member of the Senedd, David Melding — is we have to recognise that the union as it is, is over. We have to create a new union.

“We have to demonstrate to people how we can recraft the UK in a way that recognises it as a voluntary association of four nations, in which we choose to pool our sovereignty for common purposes and for common benefits.”’

Johnson is sure to misread our Mr Drakeford ..... ‘different’ unionists, its safe to say ....

Beware of the Risen People

Mr Drakeford on 07:53 - May 10 with 1727 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 22:49 - May 9 by Kilkennyjack

Thankfully Mr Drakeford is not in favour of the current union.

‘Mr Drakeford told MPs a new devolution settlement was needed after the pandemic had caused a rise in polarised opinions about Wales’ future, including support for Welsh independence as well as for abolishing devolution.

He said: “I do think the effect of the pandemic and the last 12 months has been to polarise opinion in Wales about the way it should be governed.

“What we have to do — to quote a Conservative member of the Senedd, David Melding — is we have to recognise that the union as it is, is over. We have to create a new union.

“We have to demonstrate to people how we can recraft the UK in a way that recognises it as a voluntary association of four nations, in which we choose to pool our sovereignty for common purposes and for common benefits.”’

Johnson is sure to misread our Mr Drakeford ..... ‘different’ unionists, its safe to say ....

Clearly Drakeford wants even more funding from the UK government. The devolved governments must work more closely with the UK government to deliver nationwide infrastructure programmes that benefit the entire country. Less money needs to be spent on virtue signalling projects or just pet projects. A United Kingdom pulling together will be a great success as the vaccine programme has proved.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Mr Drakeford on 23:14 - May 10 with 1662 viewsjack_lord

Mr Drakeford on 13:42 - May 9 by onehunglow

Indeed. One must not have a dig at Labour,nor anything welsh or Irish,come to that.

My God,what a sad thread this is.

Wales drifting back to being insular,introverted and myopic seeing hatred as the way forward.

The Wall came down in Berlin as will the Mexican one.
Jericho too.

Ask Humpty Dumpty about walls

It does seem that on here one must not have a dig at the Conservative party.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

Mr Drakeford on 08:47 - May 11 with 1590 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 23:14 - May 10 by jack_lord

Serious question but do you think the Welsh labour party has been a success in running Wales and if so why ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mr Drakeford on 08:57 - May 11 with 1583 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 13:29 - May 9 by trampie

PC vote was slightly down but given both conservatives and Labour votes were up over 5% the questions is why did PC do so bad relatively to the two Unionist parties. You would also think that with votes being given to 16 and 17 year olds then PC would have gained vote share no lost it.

Mr Drakeford on 10:14 - May 11 with 1567 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 23:14 - May 10 by jack_lord

No it doesn't. It seems people defend the party of their choice. I have criticised most politicians, regulalrly. I sometimes find I need to defend them. Once Drakeford got moving he did a great job with the vaccination roll out but he could only do that because Bojo did a good job with procurement. It proves greater cooperation is the key. If politicians can stop point scoring and game playing we will all be better off.

Now the next 5 years ae a certainty in the Senedd we need to make the best choices for Wales. We are keeping the Senedd so we need to get it the powers it needs to do the best for Wales. Staying as it is just isn't good enough anymore.

Nobody needs to point out that's a chance in my stance, it's allowed, you assess the evidence and you form an opinion. People who never change their minds are of the kind we call sheeple!

Mr Drakeford on 22:20 - May 11 with 1519 viewsjack_lord

Mr Drakeford on 10:14 - May 11 by Catullus

No it doesn't. It seems people defend the party of their choice. I have criticised most politicians, regulalrly. I sometimes find I need to defend them. Once Drakeford got moving he did a great job with the vaccination roll out but he could only do that because Bojo did a good job with procurement. It proves greater cooperation is the key. If politicians can stop point scoring and game playing we will all be better off.

Now the next 5 years ae a certainty in the Senedd we need to make the best choices for Wales. We are keeping the Senedd so we need to get it the powers it needs to do the best for Wales. Staying as it is just isn't good enough anymore.

Nobody needs to point out that's a chance in my stance, it's allowed, you assess the evidence and you form an opinion. People who never change their minds are of the kind we call sheeple!

Yes it does for some . Check the posts.

Mr Drakeford on 22:23 - May 11 with 1512 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 22:20 - May 11 by jack_lord

No response to my question, I'm disappointed .

Mr Drakeford on 22:32 - May 11 with 1494 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 22:20 - May 11 by jack_lord

I've read the posts, the left attacks the right, the right attacks the left. I've not noticed Keith or a moderator remove attacks on the right but leaving attacks on the left up.

They are all fair game.

Mr Drakeford on 22:37 - May 11 with 1494 viewsjack_lord

Mr Drakeford on 08:47 - May 11 by Boundy

Serious question but do you think the Welsh labour party has been a success in running Wales and if so why ?

That is a question that may take 100,000 words to answer.

Wales is not London or England. Wales suffers from demographic chaos. We have a history of heavy industry and mining and factors which contribute to our ageing frailties that impact on the NHS. We don't have the financial centre and all that it brings. I could go on and on. I'm writing this in the middle of watching Peaky Blinders for the first time.

I think that Wales could have been more successful and I disagree with the education set up. I think that many in the Senedd who think they are creating Cardiff as a Capital that will bring a benefit to the whole of Wales. I think that is poppycock. But the fact that we suffer from the Barnett formula and from inherent disparities compared means that we haven't failed.

Mr Drakeford on 22:54 - May 11 with 1491 viewsjack_lord

Mr Drakeford on 22:32 - May 11 by Catullus

I've read the posts, the left attacks the right, the right attacks the left. I've not noticed Keith or a moderator remove attacks on the right but leaving attacks on the left up.

They are all fair game.

That's my whole point. We are getting people slagging on (quite nastily) left wing views saying that no one is allowed to criticise the left. I can see that left wing poeple don't like it so I'm pointing out that it is the same the other way around.

Mr Drakeford on 22:58 - May 11 with 1490 viewsjack_lord

Mr Drakeford on 22:23 - May 11 by Boundy

No response to my question, I'm disappointed .

I have been busy. I have one day off a week at the moment and I have been doing man things. And who cares if your disappointed if I don't spend every minute.......

Mr Drakeford on 07:29 - May 12 with 1425 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 22:58 - May 11 by jack_lord

I have been busy. I have one day off a week at the moment and I have been doing man things. And who cares if your disappointed if I don't spend every minute.......

My apologies it sounds like you're working too hard ,its affected your ability to be civil .Have a nice day

Mr Drakeford on 07:58 - May 12 with 1415 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 22:37 - May 11 by jack_lord

That is a question that may take 100,000 words to answer.

Wales is not London or England. Wales suffers from demographic chaos. We have a history of heavy industry and mining and factors which contribute to our ageing frailties that impact on the NHS. We don't have the financial centre and all that it brings. I could go on and on. I'm writing this in the middle of watching Peaky Blinders for the first time.

I think that Wales could have been more successful and I disagree with the education set up. I think that many in the Senedd who think they are creating Cardiff as a Capital that will bring a benefit to the whole of Wales. I think that is poppycock. But the fact that we suffer from the Barnett formula and from inherent disparities compared means that we haven't failed.

The Barnett formula gives Wales considerable more funds than all English regions how is that a disadvantage?

Mr Drakeford on 08:25 - May 12 with 1403 viewstrampie

Mr Drakeford on 07:58 - May 12 by felixstowe_jack

The Barnett formula gives Wales considerable more funds than all English regions how is that a disadvantage?

It's unfair to Wales because Wales is underfunded using the system.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Mr Drakeford on 08:28 - May 12 with 1401 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 08:25 - May 12 by trampie

How can it be unfair if Wales is given a huge subsidy as a result of the barnett formula. If Drakeford wants more funding he has the power to increase income tax in Wales.

Mr Drakeford on 08:32 - May 12 with 1393 viewstrampie

Mr Drakeford on 08:28 - May 12 by felixstowe_jack

How can it be unfair if Wales is given a huge subsidy as a result of the barnett formula. If Drakeford wants more funding he has the power to increase income tax in Wales.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/scrap-barnett-formula-boost-scrutiny

Mr Drakeford on 08:33 - May 12 with 1390 viewsjack_lord

Mr Drakeford on 07:58 - May 12 by felixstowe_jack

Again it is the 100,000 words. The barnett formula is the block grant so compared to Northern Ireland and Scotland Wales fares poorly. I wish that there was no grant and no devolution and the government (whichever party is running the show) actually dealt with the issues affecting each area.
It is tremendously complicated though. Redistributing funds on a national basis to resolve educational, health or structural issues doesn't seem to happen anywhere in the UK successfully.
If I don't respond to further questions I will be out on the road. Setting up plan for the day. At the moment working locally.

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:23 - May 12 with 1334 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 08:25 - May 12 by trampie

Mr Drakeford on 08:10 - May 14 with 1236 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Drakeford has decreed that you must take your holidays at home this year. You should only travel abroad for essential reasons. Wonder if he will shut Rhoose international airport to stop you. Winning the election seems to have gone to his head.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024