Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) AFTERMATH 13:44 - May 18 with 13540 viewsNotLoyal

The English Football Championship
Play Off second leg
Semi Final

Swansea City v Barnsley
Saturday May 22nd 2021
Kick off 6.30pm
Liberty Stadium

This game 24 years ago would have been LIVE on.......

( agg 1-0 ) Swansea City

It’s the second leg of two games, that’s the second game for the uninitiated. The first leg, which was before now ended up with Swansea City winning 1-0. But it wasn’t a leg, that’s just another way of saying it was a game, so it’s two games called two legs. If Swansea don’t lose this game, or leg, they go to another game at Wembley called the final. This isn’t called a leg, it’s just called a game. If they draw this game or leg ( the one we are talking about not the final ) the same thing happens, Swansea win the tie ( this is another way of explaining what has happened over two legs or two games ) it’s odd that it’s called a tie because the winner doesn’t tie with anyone, they win. If Swansea lose 1-0 it’s something else. Because that makes it 1-1. Never start a sentence with because. Because, then the result is what is called level or a tie, which is different to a tie, so then, then, then thirty minutes of extra time is played. If it’s still level then Freddie Woodman will save a few penalties and Swansea will win. Sometimes away goals count as double but not in the play offs. That’s for other two legged, two game, two ties wotsit. Apparently according to tradition Swansea will lose this game and go on holiday. In the final at Wembley away goals don’t count as double because nobody is away from home, in fact both sides are away from home, in a way, so if you want to you can count both sides goals in the final as double ( or even triple ) because the side that scores more goals wins.

Our flow chart of the above is below

This game will be played in the “ If you don’t like it bugger off and play in your own league country “

In the meantime please enjoy our 1972 on terrace banter with several chaps being naughty

And if you want another one of these GET POSITIVE !

TODAYS MATCH REFEREE

John Brooks will be the man in the middle for the second leg of Swansea City’s play-off semi-final against Barnsley at the Liberty Stadium on today kick off (6.30pm). The Leicestershire official will take charge of the Swans for the fourth time this season, having been the handed the whistle for the South Wales derby victory in December, the home draw with Brentford and the away defeat to Huddersfield. Brooks has refereed in the EFL since the start of the 2016-17 campaign, and has been an assistant referee in the Premier League and at international level. He will be assisted by Nick Greenhalgh and Matthew Jones, while Matthew Donohue will be the fourth official.

Free programme download

https://issuu.com/swanseacityafc/docs/swans-20-21-barnsley-play-off-programme-di

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/video-steve-coopers-message-jack-army

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Wayne Routledge, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Connor Roberts, Ryan Manning, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibueadiere, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen.

Barnsley: Brad Collins; Toby Sibbick, Mads Andersen, Michal Helik; Callum Brittain, Romal Palmer, Alex Mowatt (captain), Callum Styles; Carlton Morris, Cauley Woodrow, Victor Adeboyejo.

Substitutes: Jack Walton, Jordan Williams, Liam Kitching, Daryl Dike, Conor Chaplin, Aapo Halme, Michael Sollbauer, Dominik Frieser, Jasper Moon.

Referee: John Brooks

Guehi is the gluey as the swans go througheee ! 22nd May 2021 23:09
A master class in defending from Marc Guehi ensured Swansea City progressed to the EFL Championship final at Wembley next Saturday as the swans win 2-1 on aggregate after a 1-1 draw at the Liberty stadium. 0

More I think will follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 22:50 - May 19 with 4684 viewsAndyCole

A comfortable 2 goal winning margin, based on form, talent and one-upmanship. Ismael and his League 1 plodders lack the class and ability to think clearly and deliver under pressure.

Just another high-pressure game for Cooper to smash, as per. His ability to perform under pressure is outstanding, to be fair.

Cooper has that rare talent of picking our best possible 11, in the right positions, at the right time. Underpinned with selecting the right squad, utilised at their most optimum. There's no wonder he his continually linked with EPL clubs. His stock is currently off the scale.

Sweating the assets is his mantra. A mantra much fancied by owners, CEOs and elite quality players. His players sweat blood. Getting the very best out of elite players is an art form. He continues to achieve this with aplomb. Jamal Lowe cannot speak highly enough of his top-class coaching.

This is a dress rehearsal for the final. I fully expect Cooper to be innovative when we're on top. Unleash Grimes into the Red zone, press high and create in the final third; Fulton to cover; WBs to bomb; Cabango to get on the end of our wide play; Hourihane to exploit with deadly precision and Ayew to unleash his alchemy as per.

(Yet : The apathy for such a massive game is telling on here. The 70%+ plus wanting our manager to fail says it all. Pathetic beyond words. A mere glimpse at the defeatism and lack of insight on matchday threads tells the story. Usual suspects dragging down the standards, incessant trolling. You know who you are. Which of course is doubly pathetic given the collective overriding goals)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 03:56 - May 20 with 4637 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 22:50 - May 19 by AndyCole

A comfortable 2 goal winning margin, based on form, talent and one-upmanship. Ismael and his League 1 plodders lack the class and ability to think clearly and deliver under pressure.

Just another high-pressure game for Cooper to smash, as per. His ability to perform under pressure is outstanding, to be fair.

Cooper has that rare talent of picking our best possible 11, in the right positions, at the right time. Underpinned with selecting the right squad, utilised at their most optimum. There's no wonder he his continually linked with EPL clubs. His stock is currently off the scale.

Sweating the assets is his mantra. A mantra much fancied by owners, CEOs and elite quality players. His players sweat blood. Getting the very best out of elite players is an art form. He continues to achieve this with aplomb. Jamal Lowe cannot speak highly enough of his top-class coaching.

This is a dress rehearsal for the final. I fully expect Cooper to be innovative when we're on top. Unleash Grimes into the Red zone, press high and create in the final third; Fulton to cover; WBs to bomb; Cabango to get on the end of our wide play; Hourihane to exploit with deadly precision and Ayew to unleash his alchemy as per.

(Yet : The apathy for such a massive game is telling on here. The 70%+ plus wanting our manager to fail says it all. Pathetic beyond words. A mere glimpse at the defeatism and lack of insight on matchday threads tells the story. Usual suspects dragging down the standards, incessant trolling. You know who you are. Which of course is doubly pathetic given the collective overriding goals)

What are you smoking mush.....?it's to strong whatever it is..
Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 05:34 - May 20 with 4627 viewsSwans9

I will go Swansea 1 Barnsley 1 Lowe for the swans.
Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 08:19 - May 20 with 4569 viewsonehunglow

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 11:05 - May 20 with 4508 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 03:56 - May 20 by angryjack

What are you smoking mush.....?it's to strong whatever it is..

You need to be smoking something strong before you even try reading his stuff.

I think it'll be tight, we won't be taking chances as we have the lead. I said I thought we'd go attacking in the first leg, to catch Barnsley out, now I don't really know. Half of me suspect a return to wing backs the other half says he'll stick with the 4-3-3 but we'll sit deeper. I'm hoping Cooper will surpise me and with 30 mins left we are comfortable, 2/3 goals up and cruising......

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 12:56 - May 20 with 4460 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 11:05 - May 20 by Catullus

I think it'll be tight, we won't be taking chances as we have the lead. I said I thought we'd go attacking in the first leg, to catch Barnsley out, now I don't really know. Half of me suspect a return to wing backs the other half says he'll stick with the 4-3-3 but we'll sit deeper. I'm hoping Cooper will surpise me and with 30 mins left we are comfortable, 2/3 goals up and cruising......

I thought he would have gone to 352 last game, but when asked he told the reporter "we changed from that a few weeks ago" when on a bad run of form. Can't see it changing now.

Barsnley will give us chances, be interesting to see if they have the same energy as they did last game without the fans behind them. Not sure I agree sitting deep will be the right option though personally, we could succumb late on.
Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 16:45 - May 20 with 4342 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 11:05 - May 20 by Catullus

I just hope when AC and Steve join the knot,I will receive an invitation.
I 'll be ACs best man if he likes and then play and sing a few Len Cohen songs from my formidable set list.A few posters here,albeit lurkers know all about my Talks at weddings and my humble but impressive songs that stir the hearts and move the strongest to floods of tears.

I don't come cheap though AC.

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 19:57 - May 20 with 4270 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 12:56 - May 20 by 34dfgdf54

I thought he would have gone to 352 last game, but when asked he told the reporter "we changed from that a few weeks ago" when on a bad run of form. Can't see it changing now.

Barsnley will give us chances, be interesting to see if they have the same energy as they did last game without the fans behind them. Not sure I agree sitting deep will be the right option though personally, we could succumb late on.

Thing is, he isn't going to say anything to give away his tactics for next game. He may allude to sticking by the 4-3-3 with every intention of going 3-5-2 and we'll only know when the team is announced,

Whichever way it goes, if I can only have one thing Saturday please let it be a clean sheet!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 20:01 - May 20 with 4263 viewsKeithHaynes

This game won’t be for the faint hearted.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 20:06 - May 20 with 4251 viewsOldjack

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 20:01 - May 20 by KeithHaynes

Play football at all times and not hoofball and we'll win

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 20:11 - May 20 with 4249 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 20:06 - May 20 by Oldjack

Disagree, sometimes you have to hit row z. I've seen quite a lot of mistakes at the back this season, not just us btw, I've seen Premier league defenders give silly goals/chances away. Play football in the right places but don't take too many risks at the back. Barnsleys high, quick press is designed to force such mistakes.

Fortunately they don't have the quality needed up front or they'd have done better this season.

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 20:28 - May 20 with 4232 viewsOldjack

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 20:11 - May 20 by Catullus

Disagree, sometimes you have to hit row z. I've seen quite a lot of mistakes at the back this season, not just us btw, I've seen Premier league defenders give silly goals/chances away. Play football in the right places but don't take too many risks at the back. Barnsleys high, quick press is designed to force such mistakes.

Fortunately they don't have the quality needed up front or they'd have done better this season.

hoofball means we'll sit back and invite unnecessary pressure which inevitably will lead to a goal for them [I bloody hate that ] football means along with wingers we'll go onto Wembley in style

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 20:43 - May 20 with 4221 viewsmonmouth

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 20:06 - May 20 by Oldjack

Thing is, we’ve beaten them three times by being better than them at Guntball. This is not the time to change. Gunt away boys, gunt away.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 21:04 - May 20 with 4196 viewsOldjack

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 20:43 - May 20 by monmouth

Thing is, we’ve beaten them three times by being better than them at Guntball. This is not the time to change. Gunt away boys, gunt away.

I want to be entertained not bored to death ,shove your hoofball

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 21:53 - May 20 with 4165 viewsonehunglow

Im in the middle.
Nothing the matter with direct football.I get annoyed when we play it backwards so often.
Anyway,that was then ,this is now.

I dont care how we win this win,I really don't.

I wouldn't mind our boys playing textile free

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 09:13 - May 21 with 4085 viewsLittleEnglandJack

The only way to approach this game as far as I'm concerned is to act as if the tie is 0-0 and go out and try to win it.

Not gung ho from the first whistle, of course, but to sit back and invite them onto us is a recipe for disaster. Have we all forgotten our frankly impressive record of conceding late goals at the back end of the season? I'd rather not go into the last 5 minutes with that to worry about...
Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 09:20 - May 21 with 4064 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 09:13 - May 21 by LittleEnglandJack

The only way to approach this game as far as I'm concerned is to act as if the tie is 0-0 and go out and try to win it.

Not gung ho from the first whistle, of course, but to sit back and invite them onto us is a recipe for disaster. Have we all forgotten our frankly impressive record of conceding late goals at the back end of the season? I'd rather not go into the last 5 minutes with that to worry about...

As it is.Well put.I don't want to sweat too much unduly in the process f putting these away.

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 10:05 - May 21 with 4066 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 09:13 - May 21 by LittleEnglandJack

We should absolutely be looking to win this and we need to be controlled. I'll stick by what I said earlier, play football when we can but when under pressure at the back hit row z. If we keep giving Barnsley chances (and they had a few in the first leg) one of them will go in. As I've also already said, if I can only have one thing this weekend it'd be a clean sheet.

I just hope the player have been adequately rested and are entirely focussed for tomorrow. Maybe the fans will help but we need to be up for another fight and I really, really hope Smith starts instead of Hourihane!

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 10:20 - May 21 with 4030 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 10:05 - May 21 by Catullus

We should absolutely be looking to win this and we need to be controlled. I'll stick by what I said earlier, play football when we can but when under pressure at the back hit row z. If we keep giving Barnsley chances (and they had a few in the first leg) one of them will go in. As I've also already said, if I can only have one thing this weekend it'd be a clean sheet.

I just hope the player have been adequately rested and are entirely focussed for tomorrow. Maybe the fans will help but we need to be up for another fight and I really, really hope Smith starts instead of Hourihane!

Cat.
I seriously think Hoolie could cost us promotion.He got away with it last game only becaue his young defenders and team mates sorted his non work out.
He is a serious liability and one of the reasons some do not rate Cooper.

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 13:23 - May 21 with 3976 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 20:28 - May 20 by Oldjack

hoofball means we'll sit back and invite unnecessary pressure which inevitably will lead to a goal for them [I bloody hate that ] football means along with wingers we'll go onto Wembley in style

it also mean s the odds on you winning the ball is 50% I'd rather see us control the game by controlling the ball , not easy when pressed but doable all the same

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 13:42 - May 21 with 3963 viewssP7qupUf

Bit like the Everton game a few years back. Hated every minute of it yet it turned out to be one of the most convincing 1-0 wins we had. Lets hope for the same outcome tomorrow.
Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 14:38 - May 21 with 3931 viewsWhiterockin

Relax we will be 2-0 up at halftime, 3-0 in the tie and the game will be put to bed.
Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 15:39 - May 21 with 3892 viewsonehunglow

Im not sure why I watch us.
I do really;it's what Ive always done for 65 years now,wherever Ive lived. No need to be there live as the blood and the gut and the glory and the pain and the ecstasy are palpable enough sitting on a beach,bar,garden and sulking in the lounge .

For entertainment,I ll play some music or watch my grandkids squabble or spend an afternoon with my wifey with the doors locked.

For me,It's all about pride and I want back at the top table.

4 yrs ago,we were sitting above Everton in the league.

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 18:03 - May 21 with 3858 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 12:56 - May 20 by 34dfgdf54

Spot on, depends which fans have the tickets, we sit back and the crowd won't be happy sitting there with sweaty arses, they'll want us to give it a go and put the game to bed, IMHO

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Barnsley Matchday Thread (2) on 18:05 - May 21 with 3857 viewsmax936

Spot on, I'll be starting on the lubrication early, that's for sure.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024