Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woodman 07:43 - May 26 with 2607 viewsBoundy

Like marmite suppose , yes or no

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/57249521

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Woodman on 07:48 - May 26 with 1911 views34dfgdf54

I have seen an improvement with him last few months. Has the potential, if it was a permanent signing then definitely, loan I'm not so sure.
Woodman on 08:21 - May 26 with 1881 viewsonehunglow

Marmite has a harsh press.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Woodman on 08:34 - May 26 with 1871 viewsBoundy

Woodman on 08:21 - May 26 by onehunglow

Marmite has a harsh press.

So has Woodie, for me if we went up then no although he's got years in front of him to develop his shortcomings will be exposed by much better strikers .I have a feeling he'll be picked up by a big Club and put into the reserves to complete his apprenticeship . Pity though as imo another season in the C/Ship with us playing regularly would have done him a world of good.But the Clubs aim is promotion and if Freddie falls by the way side then so be it.

Woodman on 08:38 - May 26 with 1867 viewsonehunglow

Woodman on 08:34 - May 26 by Boundy

So has Woodie, for me if we went up then no although he's got years in front of him to develop his shortcomings will be exposed by much better strikers .I have a feeling he'll be picked up by a big Club and put into the reserves to complete his apprenticeship . Pity though as imo another season in the C/Ship with us playing regularly would have done him a world of good.But the Clubs aim is promotion and if Freddie falls by the way side then so be it.

Hmm.
Not this week.
Its ceasefire week for me.
If Woodie see us up,I shall seek him out for real fan love. He could play with my train set

Woodman on 08:52 - May 26 with 1859 viewsDr_Winston

If we go up we'll need better. If we stay down then we really need to be developing Steven Benda.

The answer is still the same either way.
[Post edited 26 May 2021 8:53]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Woodman on 08:54 - May 26 with 1854 viewsonehunglow

Woodman on 08:52 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

If we go up we'll need better. If we stay down then we really need to be developing Steven Benda.

Good post

Woodman on 09:02 - May 26 with 1845 viewsThornburyswan

All the transfer stuff on pause for me as by 5ish on Saturday there will be either be further financial tightening or sensible relaxation of the purse strings.

If we don’t go up we might recoup some decent compensation on Cooper & his back room team otherwise I guess it’s at least one decent sale - Roberts, Grimes or Cabango I presume - plus release of all current loanees, Routs & Ayew to remain financially stable.
Woodman on 09:13 - May 26 with 1837 viewspencoedjack

Woodman on 09:02 - May 26 by Thornburyswan

All the transfer stuff on pause for me as by 5ish on Saturday there will be either be further financial tightening or sensible relaxation of the purse strings.

If we don’t go up we might recoup some decent compensation on Cooper & his back room team otherwise I guess it’s at least one decent sale - Roberts, Grimes or Cabango I presume - plus release of all current loanees, Routs & Ayew to remain financially stable.

Realistic but a depressing reading.

Remove Guehi & Ayew alone from this team & we would struggle.

I can see both Grimes & Connor being sold if we don't go up.
Login to get fewer ads

Woodman on 09:36 - May 26 with 1814 viewsCatullus

Woodman on 09:13 - May 26 by pencoedjack

I suppose it is depressing but look at it this way, we won't be going broke, facing sanctions and relegation because of points deductions.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Woodman on 09:43 - May 26 with 1798 viewsjack247

Woodman on 09:02 - May 26 by Thornburyswan

How bad are our finances now? We’ve only got Ayew on a PL contract and that’s not continuing next season. Everyone else either signed or extended in the Championship. That would have been done knowing the parachute payments were ending. Surely we don’t have to keep on selling big each season to make ends meet?
Woodman on 09:45 - May 26 with 1794 viewsThornburyswan

Woodman on 09:13 - May 26 by pencoedjack

It is depressing & I suspect mid-table might be a more realistic ambition next year if we stay in the Championship, that said better than administration & points deduction e.g. Sheffield Weds.
Woodman on 09:49 - May 26 with 1787 viewsKeithHaynes

Jeeeeez !
We are ninety ish minutes from the premier league.
Positivity 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Woodman on 10:06 - May 26 with 1763 viewsonehunglow

Woodman on 09:49 - May 26 by KeithHaynes

Jeeeeez !
We are ninety ish minutes from the premier league.
Positivity 😂

If I can stay "positive" then even old lucifer himself can.

be happy, be positive

PLAY MORE DIRGE

PLAY BOB.

SEEK YOUR SOULS

You dont need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

Woodman on 10:28 - May 26 with 1751 viewsDr_Winston

Woodman on 09:43 - May 26 by jack247

How bad are our finances now? We’ve only got Ayew on a PL contract and that’s not continuing next season. Everyone else either signed or extended in the Championship. That would have been done knowing the parachute payments were ending. Surely we don’t have to keep on selling big each season to make ends meet?

We appear to be in fairly decent financial shape. Not skint, not loaded. Covid will have an effect because of course it will, but we should be reasonably well insulated against the worst of it.

What people need to appreciate however is that player sales are a fact of life for a club of our size. If Roberts makes a £15m move to Arsenal (for example) that doesn't automatically mean that we're desperate for cash. It means like most clubs at our level we develop players, sell them on for as big a profit as possible then reinvest the cash in keeping the club financially sound and into the next batch of players to be developed.

We probably didn't need to sell Rodon. We chose to do so because there were other things we needed to spend money on. That's the model going forward.
[Post edited 26 May 2021 10:30]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Woodman on 10:38 - May 26 with 1742 viewsBoundy

Woodman on 10:28 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

We appear to be in fairly decent financial shape. Not skint, not loaded. Covid will have an effect because of course it will, but we should be reasonably well insulated against the worst of it.

What people need to appreciate however is that player sales are a fact of life for a club of our size. If Roberts makes a £15m move to Arsenal (for example) that doesn't automatically mean that we're desperate for cash. It means like most clubs at our level we develop players, sell them on for as big a profit as possible then reinvest the cash in keeping the club financially sound and into the next batch of players to be developed.

We probably didn't need to sell Rodon. We chose to do so because there were other things we needed to spend money on. That's the model going forward.

Regarding Joe, have we missed him ? it would have been nice to keep him but players of his ilk and value will always move on and if he had stayed who would have missed out playing this season , Bennett & Ben the more likely of the two. Bennett ok due to his age but Ben needs to be playing and developing .

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:55 - May 26 with 1717 viewsjack247

Woodman on 10:28 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

Woodman on 12:13 - May 26 with 1708 viewsshaggyrogers

Woodman on 08:52 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

I agree. Freddie isn't premier league class by a long shot. I can't see him becoming much better either.
Woodman on 12:56 - May 26 with 1688 viewsjasper_T

Woodman on 10:38 - May 26 by Boundy

Regarding Joe, have we missed him ? it would have been nice to keep him but players of his ilk and value will always move on and if he had stayed who would have missed out playing this season , Bennett & Ben the more likely of the two. Bennett ok due to his age but Ben needs to be playing and developing .

Bennett wouldn't have come in.
Woodman on 12:58 - May 26 with 1686 viewsjasper_T

Woodman on 09:43 - May 26 by jack247

Every club in the Championship spends more than it brings in. Every club in the Championship has to sell to make ends meet, or see debt figures rise rapidly.
Woodman on 13:43 - May 26 with 1654 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Woodman has the ability, you can tell that by his penalty saving record. and some of the spectacular saves he can make.
What he lacks, but is improving is his reading of the game and command of his box, composure and courage.
If training can improve those he has a very bright future indeed.
Woodman on 13:54 - May 26 with 1648 viewsonehunglow

If a keeper hant basic courage then he really cannot be in a position to do his job although they are protected to ridiculous level today.
All goalkeepers of former days were pretty hard men.

Woodman on 14:14 - May 26 with 1640 viewspencoedjack

Woodman on 13:43 - May 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Woodman has the ability, you can tell that by his penalty saving record. and some of the spectacular saves he can make.
What he lacks, but is improving is his reading of the game and command of his box, composure and courage.

His kicking is awful.
Woodman on 15:04 - May 26 with 1618 viewsDr_Winston

Woodman on 13:43 - May 26 by A_Fans_Dad

All professional keepers can dive around making spectacular saves. That's the easy bit. Nordfelt could do that. What sets the best apart is their competence in those areas that you describe Woodman as lacking in.

The top level keepers aren't top level keepers because they make the most spectacular saves. It's because their defences know that they're going to dominate the six yard box. That they're going to spot problems almost before they develop. That they're going to move the ball quickly and accurately. That they're going to make so few errors per season that you could count them on the fingers of one hand.

What you're basically saying is that Woodman's got everything going for him apart from what makes a top class keeper.

Woodman on 15:36 - May 26 with 1589 viewsBoundy

Woodman on 15:04 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

All professional keepers can dive around making spectacular saves. That's the easy bit. Nordfelt could do that. What sets the best apart is their competence in those areas that you describe Woodman as lacking in.

The top level keepers aren't top level keepers because they make the most spectacular saves. It's because their defences know that they're going to dominate the six yard box. That they're going to spot problems almost before they develop. That they're going to move the ball quickly and accurately. That they're going to make so few errors per season that you could count them on the fingers of one hand.

What you're basically saying is that Woodman's got everything going for him apart from what makes a top class keeper.

But then again will we ever become a top class Club

Woodman on 16:16 - May 26 with 1565 viewsjasper_T

A good thread for seeing how Woodman stacks up against his Championship competition:

[Post edited 26 May 2021 16:17]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024