Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper to Fulham 23:01 - Jun 19 with 35124 views34dfgdf54

According to Nixon.

Definite possibility this one with it being Championship. Realistic.
Cooper to Fulham on 23:06 - Jun 19 with 6343 viewsFireboy2

Please Please 🙏
Cooper to Fulham on 01:38 - Jun 20 with 6238 viewsGroo

I can only think whoever is starting all these rumours must be a Swansea fan.

Groo does what Groo does best

Cooper to Fulham on 02:48 - Jun 20 with 6210 viewsDr_Parnassus

Any positions he has been approached to be interviewed for or shortlisted for are realistic, including positions in the Premier League.

Cooper is in demand, as of course he would be after achieving back to back play off finishes for a team like us. We expected interest to be high.

Whether he stays, ends up going to the PL or going to Fulham who are favourites to win the Championship and be a Premier League club next year I wish him the best. He has earned it.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Cooper to Fulham on 07:56 - Jun 20 with 6125 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 02:48 - Jun 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Any positions he has been approached to be interviewed for or shortlisted for are realistic, including positions in the Premier League.

Cooper is in demand, as of course he would be after achieving back to back play off finishes for a team like us. We expected interest to be high.

Whether he stays, ends up going to the PL or going to Fulham who are favourites to win the Championship and be a Premier League club next year I wish him the best. He has earned it.

He’s been interviewed for Palace, who have in turn cast their net even wider to get someone in while he wouldn’t even be on the radar of a club as big as Everton. Was never going to happen and would be amazed if Palace decided to do a U turn and appoint him.

Both the club and Cooper want to part ways, hence us giving him all the time in the world to find another club, it was always going to be Championship though in my opinion, Fulham could be the one.

Yes I wish him all the best, will be interesting to see how Fulham would go under him.
Cooper to Fulham on 08:10 - Jun 20 with 6104 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 07:56 - Jun 20 by 34dfgdf54

He’s been interviewed for Palace, who have in turn cast their net even wider to get someone in while he wouldn’t even be on the radar of a club as big as Everton. Was never going to happen and would be amazed if Palace decided to do a U turn and appoint him.

Both the club and Cooper want to part ways, hence us giving him all the time in the world to find another club, it was always going to be Championship though in my opinion, Fulham could be the one.

Yes I wish him all the best, will be interesting to see how Fulham would go under him.

Apparently the Palace board were split on appointing him, 50:50. Unless there is a majority at board level then there cant be a decision made, but to say it was never going to happen just clearly isn’t true, be honest. Sounds like it was very close indeed.

But yes, unless someone at board level changes their mind then it appears unlikely now for Palace, but I have no doubt he will be in the Premier League at some point in the next few seasons. Whether that is directly being appointed there or being appointed to one of the big boys earmarked to get there, either way he gets there in my opinion.

What do you mean by the club giving him all the time in the world? As opposed to what?

I don’t think the club wants to part ways at all, but we can’t stop him if he wants to try his hand at a higher level or at a club with more workable resources. Both will always be attractive to any manager.

I think if we actively wanted to part ways we wouldn’t be demanding the reported £4.5m compo, which is clearly going to be a sizeable negative when weighing up a move for him.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 8:13]

Cooper to Fulham on 08:13 - Jun 20 with 6094 viewsThornburyswan

Agree - top end Championship club with bigger budget/wage bill would appeal to him & his record with us would appeal to them.

So I guess that’s Fulham (if they exit Parker), WBA or maybe Bournemouth.

Interesting if Parker was up for a swap + £££ our way of course.
Cooper to Fulham on 08:28 - Jun 20 with 6068 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 08:10 - Jun 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Apparently the Palace board were split on appointing him, 50:50. Unless there is a majority at board level then there cant be a decision made, but to say it was never going to happen just clearly isn’t true, be honest. Sounds like it was very close indeed.

But yes, unless someone at board level changes their mind then it appears unlikely now for Palace, but I have no doubt he will be in the Premier League at some point in the next few seasons. Whether that is directly being appointed there or being appointed to one of the big boys earmarked to get there, either way he gets there in my opinion.

What do you mean by the club giving him all the time in the world? As opposed to what?

I don’t think the club wants to part ways at all, but we can’t stop him if he wants to try his hand at a higher level or at a club with more workable resources. Both will always be attractive to any manager.

I think if we actively wanted to part ways we wouldn’t be demanding the reported £4.5m compo, which is clearly going to be a sizeable negative when weighing up a move for him.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 8:13]

Disagree, I don’t think it was ever close, they approached other managers directly after interviewing him if the reporting is true. I noticed the article quoting 50/50 was football insider, who then went on to say Cooper would transform Palace’s brand of football….

If he gets the Fulham job, anything other than immediate promotion back to premier league would be a failure so the pressure is on, will be interesting viewing.

Well, not letting him talk to clubs, time is moving and the players are due back in a few weeks so in any normal situation we wouldn’t be allowing our manager to talk of anyone and everyone he can, while we continue to scour the market bringing in, and trying to bring in good young attacking players . Both parties want a clean break. No doubt about it for me.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 8:31]
Cooper to Fulham on 08:32 - Jun 20 with 6051 viewsWhiterockin

Are there rules in place to stop a manager being interviewed by another club or have we given permission. I know agents normally sort these things out "off record" but a formal interview for a position is another thing.
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper to Fulham on 08:40 - Jun 20 with 6028 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 08:32 - Jun 20 by Whiterockin

Are there rules in place to stop a manager being interviewed by another club or have we given permission. I know agents normally sort these things out "off record" but a formal interview for a position is another thing.

Well he’s under contract from us, so if we haven’t allowed it I would have assumed we would have made a statement of some sort by now.

WBA want the Barnsley fella according to reports. Would be a decent appointment.
Cooper to Fulham on 08:43 - Jun 20 with 6020 viewsWhiterockin

So compensation is £4.5M to a premier league club and £3.5M to a championship club.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15330859/fulham-steve-cooper-scott-parke
Cooper to Fulham on 08:45 - Jun 20 with 6001 viewsbuilthjack

Cooper to Fulham on 08:43 - Jun 20 by Whiterockin

So compensation is £4.5M to a premier league club and £3.5M to a championship club.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15330859/fulham-steve-cooper-scott-parke

Nobody would ever pay that. A million PL, 500k Championship.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cooper to Fulham on 08:48 - Jun 20 with 5946 viewsDr_Winston

At least Cooper is consistent. Even the manner of his departure is boring.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cooper to Fulham on 09:24 - Jun 20 with 5923 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 08:28 - Jun 20 by 34dfgdf54

Disagree, I don’t think it was ever close, they approached other managers directly after interviewing him if the reporting is true. I noticed the article quoting 50/50 was football insider, who then went on to say Cooper would transform Palace’s brand of football….

If he gets the Fulham job, anything other than immediate promotion back to premier league would be a failure so the pressure is on, will be interesting viewing.

Well, not letting him talk to clubs, time is moving and the players are due back in a few weeks so in any normal situation we wouldn’t be allowing our manager to talk of anyone and everyone he can, while we continue to scour the market bringing in, and trying to bring in good young attacking players . Both parties want a clean break. No doubt about it for me.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 8:31]

That isn’t based on anything though is it, other than an interest in protecting what you had said last season despite being identified, approached, interviewed and installed as favourite for the Palace job.

We can’t stop a manager speaking to a club in reality, we allowed Brendan to talk to Liverpool and Roberto to Wigan - doesn’t mean we wanted rid of them.

I’m sure Cooper has had his head turned, he has earned his chance at a bigger club with more resources, I don’t see any legs in your thought the club wants rid though and that seems to be backed by the fact we are asking huge amounts for him, more than double what we asked for Martinez and the same as we demanded from Liverpool for Brendan.

Cooper to Fulham on 09:25 - Jun 20 with 5920 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 08:45 - Jun 20 by builthjack

Nobody would ever pay that. A million PL, 500k Championship.

Especially in the Covid era. It’s a huge amount for a manager which is why it’s clear we aren’t keen to facilitate the exit.

Cooper to Fulham on 09:37 - Jun 20 with 5883 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 09:24 - Jun 20 by Dr_Parnassus

That isn’t based on anything though is it, other than an interest in protecting what you had said last season despite being identified, approached, interviewed and installed as favourite for the Palace job.

We can’t stop a manager speaking to a club in reality, we allowed Brendan to talk to Liverpool and Roberto to Wigan - doesn’t mean we wanted rid of them.

I’m sure Cooper has had his head turned, he has earned his chance at a bigger club with more resources, I don’t see any legs in your thought the club wants rid though and that seems to be backed by the fact we are asking huge amounts for him, more than double what we asked for Martinez and the same as we demanded from Liverpool for Brendan.

What algorithm made Cooper favourite? People chucking a tenner here or there. He had an interview, as it stands he hasn’t got premier league interest. I said I’d be amazed if he was in premier league next season and at the moment I’m right, so what I said last season doesn’t need “protecting”.

I wouldn’t say fulham are a bigger club than us personally but agree to disagree on that one, but yes they’ll spend more than us, tough job but big rewards if he performs well. Good luck to him if he gets it, hopefully you’re right and we get a large compensation package, any back room staff that has the current England Goalkeeper Coach in it should warrant quite a bit.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 10:10]
Cooper to Fulham on 10:15 - Jun 20 with 5799 viewsThornburyswan

Cooper to Fulham on 09:37 - Jun 20 by 34dfgdf54

What algorithm made Cooper favourite? People chucking a tenner here or there. He had an interview, as it stands he hasn’t got premier league interest. I said I’d be amazed if he was in premier league next season and at the moment I’m right, so what I said last season doesn’t need “protecting”.

I wouldn’t say fulham are a bigger club than us personally but agree to disagree on that one, but yes they’ll spend more than us, tough job but big rewards if he performs well. Good luck to him if he gets it, hopefully you’re right and we get a large compensation package, any back room staff that has the current England Goalkeeper Coach in it should warrant quite a bit.

Agree in terms of Fulham not being bigger (whatever that means in the real world) but invariably the draw of being a London club comes into play & suspect their financial position will be a lot more flexible in terms of both wages & fees.

Whilst he & his back room team would be a loss to us - particularly his draw for the younger players - I do feel we are at a natural break point & if we can get £3/4M compensation it’s a win-win outcome - interesting couple of weeks ahead as needs sorting this month for me.
Cooper to Fulham on 10:19 - Jun 20 with 5792 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 09:37 - Jun 20 by 34dfgdf54

No algorithm in managerial markets, people often make the error of thinking it’s weight of money behind a certain selection however it’s usually a matter of “who” is betting, not how much. To be odds on favourite, it’s a very real chance of happening. Same with Nuno.

You made it clear that Cooper wouldn’t be wanted by a Premier League club, you had already admitted you had got it wrong, so not sure why you are trying to walk back what you said or indeed downplay the clear Palace interest. I would imagine the £4.5m asking price is very much part of the reason not all the board members could agree.

If we wanted him gone then we would accept any sort of offer, which we clearly aren’t going to do.

Fulham have spent 27 seasons in the top flight and since the turn of the millennium average 25k+ attendances. We have spent 9 seasons in the top flight and since the turn of the millennium average 20.7k attendances.

Fulham’s all time average attendance is 16k, ours is 10.9k. Their average position in the 92 club system is 30th making them traditionally a top half Championship club, ours is 45th making us traditionally one of the better league 1 clubs.

Most people would see a move from Swansea to Fulham as career progression.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 10:27]

Cooper to Fulham on 10:34 - Jun 20 with 5751 viewsWhiterockin

Cooper to Fulham on 10:19 - Jun 20 by Dr_Parnassus

No algorithm in managerial markets, people often make the error of thinking it’s weight of money behind a certain selection however it’s usually a matter of “who” is betting, not how much. To be odds on favourite, it’s a very real chance of happening. Same with Nuno.

You made it clear that Cooper wouldn’t be wanted by a Premier League club, you had already admitted you had got it wrong, so not sure why you are trying to walk back what you said or indeed downplay the clear Palace interest. I would imagine the £4.5m asking price is very much part of the reason not all the board members could agree.

If we wanted him gone then we would accept any sort of offer, which we clearly aren’t going to do.

Fulham have spent 27 seasons in the top flight and since the turn of the millennium average 25k+ attendances. We have spent 9 seasons in the top flight and since the turn of the millennium average 20.7k attendances.

Fulham’s all time average attendance is 16k, ours is 10.9k. Their average position in the 92 club system is 30th making them traditionally a top half Championship club, ours is 45th making us traditionally one of the better league 1 clubs.

Probably a career progression as they have more money to spend, parachute payments. But not much of a progression, unless he is desperate to move on.
Cooper to Fulham on 10:40 - Jun 20 with 5728 viewsmax936

If he's going, just hurry the feck up with it and go, all these rumours/ story's are becoming a joke.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Cooper to Fulham on 10:43 - Jun 20 with 5722 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 10:19 - Jun 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Well not really, as I was told after Potter left by a friend of Michael Flynn that Thierry Henry had the swans gig, me being gullible chucked a few quid on it as he was miles back in the odds along with a few others and he ended up becoming odds on over night. When in reality it was never happening.

He has been interviewed, as has god knows how many others looking at the list, they were desperate for Nuno, now Lucian Favre by the looks, I’m very doubtful Cooper was ever a realistic option and their fans didn’t seem to fancy him at all. Michael Appleton for example turned down WBA job and you’d think that would be a realistic one for Cooper. At present what I said is right, he isn’t wanted by a Premier League club, if he was, he’d have the job.

Yeah fair comments regarding Fulham. Would be a good move for him, they will be looking at promotion back to premier league at first opportunity and won’t accept anything less. Proof will be in the pudding.
Cooper to Fulham on 10:48 - Jun 20 with 5702 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 10:34 - Jun 20 by Whiterockin

Probably a career progression as they have more money to spend, parachute payments. But not much of a progression, unless he is desperate to move on.

More money, better players, bigger stadium, easier to attract players being in London, higher chance of longevity if promoted. It’s without doubt progression, we are overwhelmingly likely to still be a football league club for a while now our parachute payments can’t keep the likes of Ayew, Fulham won’t just be hopeful of going back to the PL soon as we were, they will be expecting it. Fulham were in the Europa league final just 10 years ago, losing in extra time to Atletico Madrid.

Cooper to Fulham on 10:53 - Jun 20 with 5681 views34dfgdf54

Cooper to Fulham on 10:48 - Jun 20 by Dr_Parnassus

More money, better players, bigger stadium, easier to attract players being in London, higher chance of longevity if promoted. It’s without doubt progression, we are overwhelmingly likely to still be a football league club for a while now our parachute payments can’t keep the likes of Ayew, Fulham won’t just be hopeful of going back to the PL soon as we were, they will be expecting it. Fulham were in the Europa league final just 10 years ago, losing in extra time to Atletico Madrid.

Yeah no arguments there on reflection. Correct though we won’t have players the quality of Andre Ayew playing the us next year, Cooper must have been overjoyed to have a player like that in the Championship.

I’d go one further, Fulham will be demanding promotion next year not expecting it. We will see if he can pull it off.
Cooper to Fulham on 10:56 - Jun 20 with 5668 viewsWhiterockin

Cooper to Fulham on 10:48 - Jun 20 by Dr_Parnassus

More chance of getting sacked in the next 12 months.
Cooper to Fulham on 10:58 - Jun 20 with 5659 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 10:43 - Jun 20 by 34dfgdf54

Well not really, as I was told after Potter left by a friend of Michael Flynn that Thierry Henry had the swans gig, me being gullible chucked a few quid on it as he was miles back in the odds along with a few others and he ended up becoming odds on over night. When in reality it was never happening.

He has been interviewed, as has god knows how many others looking at the list, they were desperate for Nuno, now Lucian Favre by the looks, I’m very doubtful Cooper was ever a realistic option and their fans didn’t seem to fancy him at all. Michael Appleton for example turned down WBA job and you’d think that would be a realistic one for Cooper. At present what I said is right, he isn’t wanted by a Premier League club, if he was, he’d have the job.

Yeah fair comments regarding Fulham. Would be a good move for him, they will be looking at promotion back to premier league at first opportunity and won’t accept anything less. Proof will be in the pudding.

Henry was never odds on for the Swans job, do you mean favourite? 5/1 was the shortest Henry got to wasn’t it? You will only get someone into odds on due to who is betting it otherwise you open yourself up to market manipulation as if you make someone shorter then someone has to be lengthened in order to keep the % integrity of the market, that will only happen if the company in question is sure of the information.

Cooper was interviewed twice by Palace, he was clearly a realistic option.

Cooper to Fulham on 11:04 - Jun 20 with 5642 viewsWhiterockin

This would be a perfect scenario as far as I'm concerned.

https://the72.co.uk/239893/comment-fulham-bournemouth-and-swansea-city-in-possib
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024