Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper to Fulham 23:01 - Jun 19 with 37943 views34dfgdf54

According to Nixon.

Definite possibility this one with it being Championship. Realistic.
Cooper to Fulham on 11:05 - Jun 20 with 2371 viewsAndyCole

Cooper is clearly destined for Premier league stardom in the very near future.

Most of our proper fans can see that, football industry experts and pundits keep saying it, and the players recognise and appreciate it.

Our owners seem ever more driven in realising their ambitions with our club in the short term, and are no doubt doing all they can to retain one of the most sought after young managers with a proven track record.

Fulham like to play play proper football, so the link with Cooper is inevitable. Cooper will know his stock is far higher than what Fulham can offer.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Cooper to Fulham on 11:12 - Jun 20 with 2360 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 11:04 - Jun 20 by Whiterockin

This would be a perfect scenario as far as I'm concerned.

https://the72.co.uk/239893/comment-fulham-bournemouth-and-swansea-city-in-possib

Can’t imagine Howe would come here.

£3.5m is all well and good but who are we going to realistically get that has a better track record than Cooper?

That’s someone who will be happy to come with very little money to spend and a squad decimated now the loans have gone back and Ayew left. It’s not a very attractive proposition.

As with all things in life, if there is an alternative with a better chance of success available then I’m all for it. But I’m yet to hear a realistic alternative that fits that bill of having a better proven record.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 11:15]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Cooper to Fulham on 11:34 - Jun 20 with 2320 viewsThornburyswan

Cooper to Fulham on 11:12 - Jun 20 by Dr_Parnassus

£3.5m is all well and good but who are we going to realistically get that has a better track record than Cooper?

That’s someone who will be happy to come with very little money to spend and a squad decimated now the loans have gone back and Ayew left. It’s not a very attractive proposition.

As with all things in life, if there is an alternative with a better chance of success available then I’m all for it. But I’m yet to hear a realistic alternative that fits that bill of having a better proven record.

Agree on your Howe point, difficult to imagine him coming to South Wales but completely disagree on your view of the role being ‘unattractive’ - for me outside the 3 relegated sides plus maybe Bournemouth (all have stronger squads plus significant parachute £££s) we would be near the top of the remaining 20 Championship level clubs.

Good stadium, excellent training facilities, strong academy & little debt - yes very limited transfer funds but suspect 75/80% of the division will be in that position - plus a good reputation of bringing players through.

Many aspiring younger, lower league & out of work managers would see the appeal particularly noting the upward trajectory doing well here provides.
Cooper to Fulham on 11:43 - Jun 20 with 2300 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 11:34 - Jun 20 by Thornburyswan

Agree on your Howe point, difficult to imagine him coming to South Wales but completely disagree on your view of the role being ‘unattractive’ - for me outside the 3 relegated sides plus maybe Bournemouth (all have stronger squads plus significant parachute £££s) we would be near the top of the remaining 20 Championship level clubs.

Good stadium, excellent training facilities, strong academy & little debt - yes very limited transfer funds but suspect 75/80% of the division will be in that position - plus a good reputation of bringing players through.

Many aspiring younger, lower league & out of work managers would see the appeal particularly noting the upward trajectory doing well here provides.

We are attractive to a lot of managers yes, I meant anyone with a proven track record of success.

For example name some realistic alternatives that have a better track record of success than Cooper, I genuinely can’t think of any. Especially ones who have done it with so little to spend.

We are currently somewhere where unproven up and coming managers like Rangel would come to. But we aren’t in a position to take such a gamble, we are in a very precarious situation really. Our resources are depleting, especially if Conor/Ben and/or Grimes leave. Very little backing them up.

Cooper to Fulham on 12:00 - Jun 20 with 2282 viewslondonlisa2001

Cooper to Fulham on 11:43 - Jun 20 by Dr_Parnassus

We are attractive to a lot of managers yes, I meant anyone with a proven track record of success.

For example name some realistic alternatives that have a better track record of success than Cooper, I genuinely can’t think of any. Especially ones who have done it with so little to spend.

We are currently somewhere where unproven up and coming managers like Rangel would come to. But we aren’t in a position to take such a gamble, we are in a very precarious situation really. Our resources are depleting, especially if Conor/Ben and/or Grimes leave. Very little backing them up.

I am one of the few that thinks Cooper has done a reasonable job in the circumstances. Two consecutive play off places with a squad that, for me, lacked creativity and pace was no mean feat.

The style of football was not my favourite but again I’m not convinced it wasn’t just a function of what was available.

All that aside, the fact that the club have not put out anything in way of support for him for next season despite a constant swirl of rumour, coupled with a total lack of anything concrete from him looking forward, suggests his time here is done subject to a satisfactory financial outcome.

So it really doesn’t much matter what we as fans think of him, or any potential successor, as it appears now to be simply a matter of time. If that is the case, a break as soon as possible is needed to allow appointment of a new person and for them to play a part in shaping what I’m sure will be a very different looking squad next season, both ins and outs. If Cooper wants to go, I would be pretty unhappy if he remained here next season with little interest simply because he couldn’t find anything else. If he genuinely wants to stay, he should say so, draw a line under all these rumours and start planning properly.
Cooper to Fulham on 12:05 - Jun 20 with 2254 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 12:00 - Jun 20 by londonlisa2001

I am one of the few that thinks Cooper has done a reasonable job in the circumstances. Two consecutive play off places with a squad that, for me, lacked creativity and pace was no mean feat.

The style of football was not my favourite but again I’m not convinced it wasn’t just a function of what was available.

All that aside, the fact that the club have not put out anything in way of support for him for next season despite a constant swirl of rumour, coupled with a total lack of anything concrete from him looking forward, suggests his time here is done subject to a satisfactory financial outcome.

So it really doesn’t much matter what we as fans think of him, or any potential successor, as it appears now to be simply a matter of time. If that is the case, a break as soon as possible is needed to allow appointment of a new person and for them to play a part in shaping what I’m sure will be a very different looking squad next season, both ins and outs. If Cooper wants to go, I would be pretty unhappy if he remained here next season with little interest simply because he couldn’t find anything else. If he genuinely wants to stay, he should say so, draw a line under all these rumours and start planning properly.

Agree with all that, however I don’t think we function as a proper club. A lack of public statement is expected as opposed to being a signal of anything to read into. I would suggest Swansea is one of the most hands off clubs in the league when it comes to owner/media usage.

Cooper has proven he can work within the limited budgets of the club and also deliver success, he is relatively safe hands and the club won’t want to lose that. However I’m sure they know they don’t have any real power with regards to keeping him and he clearly has eyes for a new challenge so it’s now about trying to get the most money for him.

Cooper to Fulham on 12:19 - Jun 20 with 2254 viewsmagicdaps10

I for one hope he goes, on paper he has done a fantastic job and if he can implement his ideas to work with a premiership club and keep them there then his stock rises.

As a club looking to progress from the champ then his foundation only works to a level that needs more adventure to push on(Sousa to Rodgers a perfect example). Get this sorted ASAP and we can push on with his replacement.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Cooper to Fulham on 12:35 - Jun 20 with 2223 viewspencoedjack

I can see Howe being England manager when Southgate fails at the euros.
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper to Fulham on 13:02 - Jun 20 with 2199 viewslondonlisa2001

Cooper to Fulham on 12:35 - Jun 20 by pencoedjack

I can see Howe being England manager when Southgate fails at the euros.

If Cooper goes, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Toshack appointed with some of the old guard in coaching roles.

His under 23s team played nice football and he has great knowledge of our young players who will form the bulk of the squad for the next few seasons.
Cooper to Fulham on 13:49 - Jun 20 with 2133 viewsjack247

Cooper to Fulham on 12:00 - Jun 20 by londonlisa2001

No. I want him out now and the whole thing put to bed, but would have been more than happy for him to stay had he committed to us after the Brentford game. Rumours of him speaking to palace in the run up to the final, I don’t think were ever substantiated, but would leave a sour taste if true.

Holistically, finishing in the playoffs twice in a row is an achievement. Doing it the way we did last season split opinion. If we’d either balanced the results out or had the second half of the season first and then won consistently for a few months, he’d be a lot more popular now.

The playing style doesn’t help his popularity at all. His persona probably shouldn’t be a factor, but it is. I find it hard not to judge him when we get beat and he sits there indifferently blaming everyone else.
Cooper to Fulham on 13:53 - Jun 20 with 2116 viewslondonlisa2001

Cooper to Fulham on 13:49 - Jun 20 by jack247

No. I want him out now and the whole thing put to bed, but would have been more than happy for him to stay had he committed to us after the Brentford game. Rumours of him speaking to palace in the run up to the final, I don’t think were ever substantiated, but would leave a sour taste if true.

Holistically, finishing in the playoffs twice in a row is an achievement. Doing it the way we did last season split opinion. If we’d either balanced the results out or had the second half of the season first and then won consistently for a few months, he’d be a lot more popular now.

The playing style doesn’t help his popularity at all. His persona probably shouldn’t be a factor, but it is. I find it hard not to judge him when we get beat and he sits there indifferently blaming everyone else.

Any rumours of him speaking with other clubs are just that, though, rumours.

If it was true, I would find it extremely unprofessional and it would leave a very sour taste, however, it’s always impossible to tell whether it’s just nonsense. Most stuff ‘reported’ in and around football in my experience tends to be utter nonsense.

I agree with the lack of commitment piece. On both sides. It’s a very strange situation.
Cooper to Fulham on 14:04 - Jun 20 with 2092 viewsonehunglow

Cooper to Fulham on 11:04 - Jun 20 by Whiterockin

This would be a perfect scenario as far as I'm concerned.

https://the72.co.uk/239893/comment-fulham-bournemouth-and-swansea-city-in-possib

Either of them and Id have nowt to bitch over and nobody to hate.
Just walk away Steveo

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cooper to Fulham on 14:35 - Jun 20 with 2065 viewsjack247

Nor me.

Didn’t he turn Celtic down because they couldn’t agree certain conditions? Don’t think it was money, maybe length of contract or back room staff (purely guessing there).

If they can’t accommodate his demands, I very much doubt we will.
Cooper to Fulham on 14:44 - Jun 20 with 2041 viewsonehunglow

Cooper to Fulham on 12:19 - Jun 20 by magicdaps10

I for one hope he goes, on paper he has done a fantastic job and if he can implement his ideas to work with a premiership club and keep them there then his stock rises.

As a club looking to progress from the champ then his foundation only works to a level that needs more adventure to push on(Sousa to Rodgers a perfect example). Get this sorted ASAP and we can push on with his replacement.

We have been in succesive play off finals.
Last year we let a great position slip when ahead against Brentford

This year, we went one better and failed at the final stage,after being in a very good place to go up automatically in a very poor league

Same managers.

Cooper to Fulham on 16:53 - Jun 20 with 1959 viewsmagicdaps10

Cooper to Fulham on 14:44 - Jun 20 by onehunglow

We have been in succesive play off finals.
Last year we let a great position slip when ahead against Brentford

This year, we went one better and failed at the final stage,after being in a very good place to go up automatically in a very poor league

Same managers.

Just to put you right, we only made one play off final not 2.

Secondly, what is your point in reply to my opinion? I know what has happened in the last 2 seasons.

Cooper to Fulham on 21:57 - Jun 21 with 1707 viewssideline

Cooper to Fulham on 10:19 - Jun 20 by Dr_Parnassus

No algorithm in managerial markets, people often make the error of thinking it’s weight of money behind a certain selection however it’s usually a matter of “who” is betting, not how much. To be odds on favourite, it’s a very real chance of happening. Same with Nuno.

You made it clear that Cooper wouldn’t be wanted by a Premier League club, you had already admitted you had got it wrong, so not sure why you are trying to walk back what you said or indeed downplay the clear Palace interest. I would imagine the £4.5m asking price is very much part of the reason not all the board members could agree.

If we wanted him gone then we would accept any sort of offer, which we clearly aren’t going to do.

Fulham have spent 27 seasons in the top flight and since the turn of the millennium average 25k+ attendances. We have spent 9 seasons in the top flight and since the turn of the millennium average 20.7k attendances.

Fulham’s all time average attendance is 16k, ours is 10.9k. Their average position in the 92 club system is 30th making them traditionally a top half Championship club, ours is 45th making us traditionally one of the better league 1 clubs.

Most people would see a move from Swansea to Fulham as career progression.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 10:27]

dr you need to get out more

This post has been edited by an administrator
Cooper to Fulham on 22:03 - Jun 21 with 1690 viewsFireboy2

Cooper to Fulham on 21:57 - Jun 21 by sideline

It's been mentioned, several times.
Cooper to Fulham on 22:21 - Jun 21 with 1645 viewsonehunglow

Cooper to Fulham on 22:03 - Jun 21 by Fireboy2

It's been mentioned, several times.

Maybe he's got mobility issues.
Maybe he simply likes to engage with others with a little respect and forebearance

Meanwhile -Steve-off ya go

Cooper to Fulham on 01:37 - Jun 22 with 1569 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 21:57 - Jun 21 by sideline

Out?

I believe I was in a cafe overlooking Noosa waiting for my coffee with my fiancée when I wrote that.

For reference:-

Cheers though

Cooper to Fulham on 01:57 - Jun 22 with 1567 viewsReslovenSwan1

The current status of his Swansea contract is an issue. He has probably asked for an extension. As I recall it was reported arounf 6 months ago he was after a bumper new contract. The US owners probably stalled on this perhaps wanting to review mid next season and have not accepted his terms up to now . There is probably a tacit understanding from Winter that Cooper is free to look elsewhere if he wants longer term security.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cooper to Fulham on 07:32 - Jun 22 with 1497 viewsThornburyswan

Cooper to Fulham on 01:37 - Jun 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Out?

I believe I was in a cafe overlooking Noosa waiting for my coffee with my fiancée when I wrote that.

Cheers though

If that’s true Dr very envious, Noosa is a great little town with fantastic beaches - hope you had room for a blueberry muffin with your coffee!
Cooper to Fulham on 08:14 - Jun 22 with 1450 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper to Fulham on 07:32 - Jun 22 by Thornburyswan

If that’s true Dr very envious, Noosa is a great little town with fantastic beaches - hope you had room for a blueberry muffin with your coffee!

Its 2 hours from our home, when we aren't working you will probably find us there doing something or other. Doesn't beat the Whitsunday Islands but its up there.

Cooper to Fulham on 08:19 - Jun 22 with 1447 viewsmagicdaps10

Cooper to Fulham on 01:37 - Jun 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Out?

Cheers though

🤣🤣🤣

Love it! The two of you in that lovely place and you have your phone out.

The beauty of that area lost on you to your phone and the fiancee put into 2nd spot to post on Swansea Independent 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Give yourself a shake before it's too late 🤣

Cooper to Fulham on 08:20 - Jun 22 with 1440 viewsmagicdaps10

Cooper to Fulham on 08:19 - Jun 22 by magicdaps10

🤣🤣🤣

Love it! The two of you in that lovely place and you have your phone out.

The beauty of that area lost on you to your phone and the fiancee put into 2nd spot to post on Swansea Independent 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Give yourself a shake before it's too late 🤣

Now can we get back to Cooper and Fulham please one and all.

Cooper to Fulham on 08:25 - Jun 22 with 1433 viewsThornburyswan

Cooper to Fulham on 08:14 - Jun 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Its 2 hours from our home, when we aren't working you will probably find us there doing something or other. Doesn't beat the Whitsunday Islands but its up there.

My brother lives in Townsville so been up that way & the Whitsundays a couple of times, great part of the world.

But back on Cooper/Fulham as Daps wants, appears that Fulham are playing hardball on Parker’s severance £££ - clearly need to build up a pot to pay us for Cooper, Marsh et al.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024