Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to back England 18:59 - Jun 26 with 5520 views73__73

As the only British side left in the competition 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Time to back England on 16:08 - Jun 27 with 717 viewsonehunglow

Time to back England on 14:31 - Jun 27 by jack_lord

Get a grip Rich, I get it every day in work with the company I work for.
It works both ways and it is really sad to experience on both sides of the divide. It is not just the Welsh. This has been done to death.

My grip is fine thanks Jason.
I can't help your workplace scenario.

A s for grip,I d suggest other matters,like accepting we are a small divided country who kick 'rse ar Rugby and sing well in unison.

Im reading much parochial piffle it's rather sad ,that' all ,butt.

And no I aint backing England.

We don't have any England flag up and my misus and adult kids aren;t really that 'rsed.

That is what is is like Here.

So ,that is what there is to grip

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Time to back England on 16:48 - Jun 27 with 689 viewsjack_lord

Time to back England on 16:08 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

My grip is fine thanks Jason.
I can't help your workplace scenario.

A s for grip,I d suggest other matters,like accepting we are a small divided country who kick 'rse ar Rugby and sing well in unison.

Im reading much parochial piffle it's rather sad ,that' all ,butt.

And no I aint backing England.

We don't have any England flag up and my misus and adult kids aren;t really that 'rsed.

That is what is is like Here.

So ,that is what there is to grip

Brilliant so we can accept that people experience matters differently.

It is a fact we are a small nation.

There is parochial rubbish.

What goes on in yours and mine doesn't necessarily reflect the rest of the two nations.

There are no flags in my area and you don't hear any anti English sentiment except on match days when we play. This is South Gower though, bery different to that of North Gower by the sounds of it.

I'd love to know what a Welsh goat is as I've been called that a few times.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Time to back England on 17:07 - Jun 27 with 677 viewsKeithHaynes

Time to back England on 16:48 - Jun 27 by jack_lord

Brilliant so we can accept that people experience matters differently.

It is a fact we are a small nation.

There is parochial rubbish.

What goes on in yours and mine doesn't necessarily reflect the rest of the two nations.

There are no flags in my area and you don't hear any anti English sentiment except on match days when we play. This is South Gower though, bery different to that of North Gower by the sounds of it.

I'd love to know what a Welsh goat is as I've been called that a few times.

Royal Welch mascot my friend.
Gwell Angau na Chywilydd.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Time to back England on 17:13 - Jun 27 with 665 viewsJack59

Time to back England on 16:00 - Jun 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Welsh people are routinely racially abused on line and sometimes in person. The Sheep stuff is no joke to me at all. When it happens I do not giggle and doff my cap and say "how amusing". I call it what it is, naked racism.

I know it is often no meant malicously but neither were the bananas in the 1980s. The tide has turned the argument is lost. In 1980 s black players might have smiled but inside they were seething. Others will have got booked or sent off. It was all part of the game back then. Just a bit of a laugh and if Swansea win who cares?.

Some might say to me "you are seething" who cares mate? Who the effing el are you? You are nothing. Thats what it is all about. Putting people in their place.

I think that common sense, a sense of proportion, and a sense of humour, have sadly diminished in recent years, and I'm afraid they are continuing to nosedive to the detriment of civility. I'd also say there's a distinct correlation with the rise of social media.
It appears that you may disagree.
Time to back England on 17:22 - Jun 27 with 648 viewsGwyn737

Time to back England on 16:00 - Jun 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Welsh people are routinely racially abused on line and sometimes in person. The Sheep stuff is no joke to me at all. When it happens I do not giggle and doff my cap and say "how amusing". I call it what it is, naked racism.

I know it is often no meant malicously but neither were the bananas in the 1980s. The tide has turned the argument is lost. In 1980 s black players might have smiled but inside they were seething. Others will have got booked or sent off. It was all part of the game back then. Just a bit of a laugh and if Swansea win who cares?.

Some might say to me "you are seething" who cares mate? Who the effing el are you? You are nothing. Thats what it is all about. Putting people in their place.

I was in Uni in 1996 when the Euros were on.

In Yates on wine street on England’s match days they’d give everyone a free Bud if a goal was scored against England (which I thought was brilliant). Do you think that was racist? Or is it just certain words and not actions that count?
Time to back England on 17:50 - Jun 27 with 632 viewsReslovenSwan1

Time to back England on 17:22 - Jun 27 by Gwyn737

I was in Uni in 1996 when the Euros were on.

In Yates on wine street on England’s match days they’d give everyone a free Bud if a goal was scored against England (which I thought was brilliant). Do you think that was racist? Or is it just certain words and not actions that count?

No not racist. If you imply any particular action or way of thinking to a particular race then it is racsist. "England England always cheating" is mildly racsist but in a sporting context not really valid. Fans are not going to get sued for deformation of character by the referee.

On the other hand there is a strong argument for 'Sheep stuff' being racsist particluarly if delivered in a threatening and intimidatory way. I have seen this many times. I argue Celtic is a race and Welsh are a branch of that race. High level of the R1B Haplogroup define it along with the Welsh language and culture as other identifiers.

I saw a video of Liam Willaims the boxer being abused by a mob in Leeds. Fans of Warrington and Leeds Utd. Steve Bunce was such a wimp he apologised for Wiliams s languge not the fans. Youtube had to mute out the baying chanting laughing and sheep noises. It did not bother Liam too much. He flattened his northern rival.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Time to back England on 18:46 - Jun 27 with 615 viewsGwyn737

Time to back England on 17:50 - Jun 27 by ReslovenSwan1

No not racist. If you imply any particular action or way of thinking to a particular race then it is racsist. "England England always cheating" is mildly racsist but in a sporting context not really valid. Fans are not going to get sued for deformation of character by the referee.

On the other hand there is a strong argument for 'Sheep stuff' being racsist particluarly if delivered in a threatening and intimidatory way. I have seen this many times. I argue Celtic is a race and Welsh are a branch of that race. High level of the R1B Haplogroup define it along with the Welsh language and culture as other identifiers.

I saw a video of Liam Willaims the boxer being abused by a mob in Leeds. Fans of Warrington and Leeds Utd. Steve Bunce was such a wimp he apologised for Wiliams s languge not the fans. Youtube had to mute out the baying chanting laughing and sheep noises. It did not bother Liam too much. He flattened his northern rival.

Based on your definition of race, if Swans fans are singing’Same old England...’ against Millwall or Sheffield Wednesday or Birmingham, which of their fans has the right to be offended?

Only Anglo-Saxons? People born in the country? First or Second generation fans? How does it work?

Your definition of the Welsh race counts me out. I’ve been back 4 generations and even though all family members are with a 15 mile radius, nobody fits your racial profile.

Maybe that’s why I’m not offended by those chants.
Time to back England on 18:58 - Jun 27 with 601 viewslifelong

Time to back England on 10:51 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

Good morning mine
Well,there is omething to see here and dramatic to boot.

Read what is posted a regards England and the English people.The word occupation has been used .Occupation.Now,sit back,have a croissant and Gauloise and reflect as to whay someone would use that term. When you 've done that,come back to me.

The English circus is no different to the Welsh (Rugby) circus .

Pretty soon,we will see posters hammering me for being anti Welsh. That is where we are

With respect,have a look at other sites and see what other beauts write.It sure aint pretty.

I read one poster going on about living amongst the "saes" for 30 years and then extolling his proud Welsh credentials .Thirty years in a late he hates then and hate it is as you cannot really differentiate between a people and a country that easily.

I ve been living over the border for over 45 years and I owe this great and beautiful country and its people everything I have. I was and have been accepted. This is not always so in Wales when emigres move in.

Reply by all means but keep it to point and topic.

What do you mean pretty soon, you are anti Welsh, every bone in your body is anti Welsh, what you have said on here over the years about Wales, Swansea and the people of Wales is an absolute disgrace.

Do us a favour and stay over the border.
Login to get fewer ads

Time to back England on 19:01 - Jun 27 with 601 viewsonehunglow

Reading the responses here,Im more depressed than ever.
You really do not get it do you?

Be free,be international. No borders.

One love.one heart

Time to back England on 19:19 - Jun 27 with 592 viewsCatullus

Isn't context important here? Plenty of sports fans hate another country in a purely sporting context.

To put that in real context just look at the armed forces. Tey will rip into each other more than most people, they will be merciless in their abuse of each other on sporting days. Then those guys and girls, when sent into the field of combat will fight for and die for each other.

As was once posted on here, football, the most important of the least important things. Put it into context. If I said I wanted England to lose (and I honestly don't really care one way or t'other) it might only be the sporting rivalry and not racism or xenophobia.
Football fans routinely abuse each other. I have a friend, a Lincoln City fan, ex forces too. We hurl abuse at each other over football but he's a top bloke and I trust him implicitly, and that is just one example. I even had a friend who's a Cardiff fan, when I briefly lived in Cardiff I met him for a pint a few times, in the Pineapple in Llandaff North.

Context and perspective people, I don't really hate Cardiff City, I don't always poo on the English side of the bridge and in Rugby I really do want to beat the English, but I want to beat the others too!

PS, when I put "ex forces too" I meant he's one of several friends and family I have who is ex forces, I never served.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 19:30]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Time to back England on 19:26 - Jun 27 with 585 viewsReslovenSwan1

Time to back England on 18:46 - Jun 27 by Gwyn737

Based on your definition of race, if Swans fans are singing’Same old England...’ against Millwall or Sheffield Wednesday or Birmingham, which of their fans has the right to be offended?

Only Anglo-Saxons? People born in the country? First or Second generation fans? How does it work?

Your definition of the Welsh race counts me out. I’ve been back 4 generations and even though all family members are with a 15 mile radius, nobody fits your racial profile.

Maybe that’s why I’m not offended by those chants.

Would you be offended if you were (hypothetically) with your wife and young family if an English man is 5 yards from you shouting "you Welsh Sheep *** bastewards" in a threatening way behind a members of the South Wales Constabulary?.

It is racsist abuse wheteher you recognise it or not. If you do nto find that offensive then you must find monkey chants and banana throwing, (humour of the same ilk) amusing or at least harmless. Social engineering and cultural aspects cause you to look at the two thing differently when in truth they are the same.

New hate laws are in place and fans need to recognise the fact that certain actions are now deemed criminal. Its a problem in Scotland for example.

Time to back England on 19:28 - Jun 27 with 582 viewsonehunglow

Time to back England on 19:26 - Jun 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Would you be offended if you were (hypothetically) with your wife and young family if an English man is 5 yards from you shouting "you Welsh Sheep *** bastewards" in a threatening way behind a members of the South Wales Constabulary?.

It is racsist abuse wheteher you recognise it or not. If you do nto find that offensive then you must find monkey chants and banana throwing, (humour of the same ilk) amusing or at least harmless. Social engineering and cultural aspects cause you to look at the two thing differently when in truth they are the same.

New hate laws are in place and fans need to recognise the fact that certain actions are now deemed criminal. Its a problem in Scotland for example.

and the same when we read of "filthy,thieving ,drug dealing scum scousers"

Innit.

Time to back England on 19:36 - Jun 27 with 579 viewsCatullus

Time to back England on 19:28 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

Innit.

There'a always enough hate to go around. Maybe we should all give it a rest.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Time to back England on 19:46 - Jun 27 with 565 viewsReslovenSwan1

Time to back England on 19:28 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

Innit.

Insulting but Scouse is not a race like Jews, Arabs, Celts or Afghans. If they were singing "Swansea sheep ~****s" I would not call it rascist. Peurile yes racsist no. English people in particular target all Welsh including Wrexham.

Reynolds and the other fellow are going to struggle with this when they show up in Halifax.

Time to back England on 19:47 - Jun 27 with 564 viewstrampie

Time to back England on 13:05 - Jun 27 by Jack59

A few decades back I moved from SA2 to a rural part of North Gower. The house I moved to was about a mile from the nearest shop, which at that time was a VG store.
In my second day of residence, I drove down to the shop a few times to get some things. The lady on the till asked me on my third visit if I was living locally. I said that I had just moved into the property that was previously occupied by the retired doctor. She then asked me where I had moved from, I told her I'd lived all my life in Swansea. She said ''then you've moved next door to the Taylor's'' I said ''that's right I met them this morning''
The lady on the till, to my astonishment then said, ''They're english mind''
I already knew after talking to Mr Taylor earlier that he had lived in the village for 23 years. After 23 years of the family living in the community, that was her only comment on them. I was shocked at her pathetic words and attitude, and from some of the comments on here, I see civilisation is yet to move in the right direction for some.

It's North Gower butt, it's North of the Landsker line.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Time to back England on 19:48 - Jun 27 with 564 viewsGwyn737

It’s not possible as I don’t fit your definition of the Welsh ‘race’ so it could never happen to me.

However my example I asked you about happens at every swans game. Which members of those clubs should be racially offended?
Time to back England on 19:51 - Jun 27 with 562 viewsonehunglow

Time to back England on 19:46 - Jun 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Insulting but Scouse is not a race like Jews, Arabs, Celts or Afghans. If they were singing "Swansea sheep ~****s" I would not call it rascist. Peurile yes racsist no. English people in particular target all Welsh including Wrexham.

Reynolds and the other fellow are going to struggle with this when they show up in Halifax.

That is debatable.It' s how some identify themselves. Look at the legilation.

Let's face it, taking the pyss out of scouse is a well worn path on our forums. Quite why,I don't know.(that's a lie really)

Why do our readers check out the Liverpool Echo.Why not the Leicester Star or the Guildford Gazette.

Time to back England on 19:54 - Jun 27 with 555 viewsGwyn737

Oh, and monkey chants are based on colour, sheep chants aren’t.

Unless black Welsh folk can’t be offended by sheep chants?

That’s the problem with your Wales is a race point. That would mean black, brown, Asian etc. (And me) can’t be Welsh.
Time to back England on 20:01 - Jun 27 with 547 viewsonehunglow

Time to back England on 19:54 - Jun 27 by Gwyn737

Oh, and monkey chants are based on colour, sheep chants aren’t.

Unless black Welsh folk can’t be offended by sheep chants?

That’s the problem with your Wales is a race point. That would mean black, brown, Asian etc. (And me) can’t be Welsh.

Pig chants worse

Time to back England on 20:03 - Jun 27 with 543 viewsGwyn737

Time to back England on 20:01 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

Pig chants worse

Only if the police are a race 😉
Time to back England on 20:11 - Jun 27 with 539 viewsonehunglow

Time to back England on 20:03 - Jun 27 by Gwyn737

Only if the police are a race 😉

They are for my angry and contro

Time to back England on 20:59 - Jun 27 with 503 viewsjack_lord

Time to back England on 19:51 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

That is debatable.It' s how some identify themselves. Look at the legilation.

Let's face it, taking the pyss out of scouse is a well worn path on our forums. Quite why,I don't know.(that's a lie really)

Why do our readers check out the Liverpool Echo.Why not the Leicester Star or the Guildford Gazette.

Rich, is it just one reader who has a vendetta on you that digs out Liverpool stuff? There are literally thousands of users on here and most of them don't give a fig what goes on in that city as it is just a place. Probably one of the more friendly places and full of Welsh people who have moved over the years?

I have never read your local paper but I have read the papers in Leicester Nottingham and Derby. That's just me and similarly I don't represent the readers of this site.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Time to back England on 21:02 - Jun 27 with 496 viewsonehunglow

Time to back England on 20:59 - Jun 27 by jack_lord

Rich, is it just one reader who has a vendetta on you that digs out Liverpool stuff? There are literally thousands of users on here and most of them don't give a fig what goes on in that city as it is just a place. Probably one of the more friendly places and full of Welsh people who have moved over the years?

I have never read your local paper but I have read the papers in Leicester Nottingham and Derby. That's just me and similarly I don't represent the readers of this site.

Come on Jase.It's a long long tale and the protagonists are obvious.

I ll DM you

Time to back England on 21:07 - Jun 27 with 471 viewstrampie

Liverpool voted into Westminster a real Irish nationalist standing for an Irish political party back in the day.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Time to back England on 21:30 - Jun 27 with 448 viewsjack247

Why does anybody care whether other posters want England to win or lose?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024