Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone else need a manager 22:06 - Jun 30 with 3256 viewsguthrieintherain

Where will Cooper get linked next?

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Does anyone else need a manager on 22:20 - Jun 30 with 1763 views34dfgdf54

Wales
Does anyone else need a manager on 22:23 - Jun 30 with 1757 viewsguthrieintherain

Does anyone else need a manager on 22:20 - Jun 30 by 34dfgdf54

Wales

Nah we stuck with him I think

I think he will be gone before Christmas though.
Please no new contract.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 22:26]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Does anyone else need a manager on 22:28 - Jun 30 with 1738 viewsGixerJack

McDonalds Briton Ferry is on Glassdoor… it’s the big one n all, I heard they had interviewed Spongebob but Mr Krabs was asking for too much compo
Does anyone else need a manager on 22:32 - Jun 30 with 1725 viewsmax936

Port Tennant Colts.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Does anyone else need a manager on 22:48 - Jun 30 with 1693 viewsDr_Parnassus

Well barring any last minute twists it looks like he will be staying with us. I would imagine the club may well get a new contract put in front of him and this saga will be put to bed.

Time will tell.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Does anyone else need a manager on 22:52 - Jun 30 with 1690 viewsFireboy2

Does anyone else need a manager on 22:48 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Well barring any last minute twists it looks like he will be staying with us. I would imagine the club may well get a new contract put in front of him and this saga will be put to bed.

Time will tell.

New contract 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That is a good one Doc, nice fishing 🎣
Does anyone else need a manager on 22:55 - Jun 30 with 1683 viewsDr_Parnassus

Does anyone else need a manager on 22:52 - Jun 30 by Fireboy2

New contract 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That is a good one Doc, nice fishing 🎣

Of course, he took the club to 6th and the playoff semis, to 4th and the play off final each time with less income for the club and players being taken to be sold.

That after the last manager guided us to 10th.

You may not like him, I understand that. But others clearly will, including the owners who’s remit it is to hire managers that turn small investment in the club into relatively successful seasons.

Does anyone else need a manager on 23:07 - Jun 30 with 1668 viewsFireboy2

Does anyone else need a manager on 22:55 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course, he took the club to 6th and the playoff semis, to 4th and the play off final each time with less income for the club and players being taken to be sold.

You may not like him, I understand that. But others clearly will, including the owners who’s remit it is to hire managers that turn small investment in the club into relatively successful seasons.

Yawn 😴😴😴😴
Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone else need a manager on 23:08 - Jun 30 with 1658 viewsDr_Parnassus

Does anyone else need a manager on 23:07 - Jun 30 by Fireboy2

Yawn 😴😴😴😴

Which part do you disagree with?

Or do you just find facts tiring in general? I understand it’s more fun to make stuff up, this forum has been rife with that recently.

Does anyone else need a manager on 23:11 - Jun 30 with 1655 viewsFireboy2

Does anyone else need a manager on 23:08 - Jun 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Which part do you disagree with?

Or do you just find facts tiring in general? I understand it’s more fun to make stuff up, this forum has been rife with that recently.

Cuckoo, Cuckoo 🤪
Does anyone else need a manager on 23:12 - Jun 30 with 1648 viewsDr_Parnassus

Does anyone else need a manager on 23:11 - Jun 30 by Fireboy2

Cuckoo, Cuckoo 🤪

Riiiiight

Does anyone else need a manager on 07:12 - Jul 1 with 1538 viewsThornburyswan

That would be a tad foolish - akin to throwing more good money away - as it would cost even more in severance pay come December.

He’s proven this summer that no-one will pay £££ for him so ‘free to a good home next summer’ possibly earlier if potential relegation appears on the mid-season horizon.
Does anyone else need a manager on 07:21 - Jul 1 with 1531 viewspencoedjack

I’m not Coopers biggest fan but those are the facts like it or not.
Does anyone else need a manager on 08:57 - Jul 1 with 1472 viewsDr_Parnassus

Does anyone else need a manager on 07:21 - Jul 1 by pencoedjack

Indeed.

Does anyone else need a manager on 09:02 - Jul 1 with 1467 viewsjack247

The reality, as I see it at least, is Cooper wants to move on and the club are happy to let him. If, as it now seems, he is unable to get a better job, he’s with us next season.

May as well just get behind him.

It’s been an absolute farce of a pre season so far though.
Does anyone else need a manager on 09:09 - Jul 1 with 1455 viewsonehunglow

Does anyone else need a manager on 09:02 - Jul 1 by jack247

The reality, as I see it at least, is Cooper wants to move on and the club are happy to let him. If, as it now seems, he is unable to get a better job, he’s with us next season.

It's our typical pre season .No preperation or thought for the new campaign
This is why we need new owners/chairman/manager.
Can the Trust help our pre season? Nah, it is more concerned with revenge and seeing the demon sellers paying recompence.
Meanwhile,on field of play ,we are shambolic and right now have no quality keeper and super Steveo,the man nobody really wants. He 's been bubbled boys. Make no mistake.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Does anyone else need a manager on 09:34 - Jul 1 with 1433 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Does anyone else need a manager on 07:21 - Jul 1 by pencoedjack

If I never watched any games and looked at those facts I’d agree.

Stats can mask what is happening to a team.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Does anyone else need a manager on 09:44 - Jul 1 with 1414 viewsDr_Parnassus

Does anyone else need a manager on 09:02 - Jul 1 by jack247

I don’t think the club are happy to let him go, otherwise they wouldn’t be wanting so much compensation. We both know that if they put Coops in the shop window for a couple of hundred grand, his feet would barely touch the ground before he is snapped up. It’s a case of not really being able to do anything about it in this day and age. If someone triggered the clause then so be it.

The very fact we inserted and kept to that clause is all anyone needs to know. But yes, it’s also clear he would like to go to a bigger club, which is understandable after 2 years guiding the club to the playoff finishes. Funding isn’t very big at Swansea, it’s a constant battle to get what you need (as he found out in January), which was probably around the time he started to think about his future in my opinion.

But yes of course people need to get behind him and the club now, although some people have a very toxic view bordering on a vendetta (which was long before any talks with other clubs) and this has provided the perfect excuse to continue that, so I don’t think that will happen in certain quarters.

Does anyone else need a manager on 09:47 - Jul 1 with 1409 viewsDr_Parnassus

Does anyone else need a manager on 09:34 - Jul 1 by PatchesOHoulihan

If I never watched any games and looked at those facts I’d agree.

Stats can mask what is happening to a team.

Watching the games or not doesn’t alter the facts that we finished 6th and then followed it up by finishing 4th.

What you seem to be saying is you didn’t find it pretty to watch. But the clubs owners care about results, it’s a business and all they want is their investment to increase in value. If they had the choice of 10th place Potterball or 4th place Cooperball then they will choose Cooperball every single time.

The mistake being made is that fans assume the aims of the fans and the aims of the board align, they don’t. They didn’t buy the club for entertainment purposes.

Does anyone else need a manager on 09:56 - Jul 1 with 1386 viewsNotLoyal

Is it a be careful what you, wish for scenario?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Does anyone else need a manager on 10:15 - Jul 1 with 1367 viewsjack247

Does anyone else need a manager on 09:44 - Jul 1 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t think the club are happy to let him go, otherwise they wouldn’t be wanting so much compensation. We both know that if they put Coops in the shop window for a couple of hundred grand, his feet would barely touch the ground before he is snapped up. It’s a case of not really being able to do anything about it in this day and age. If someone triggered the clause then so be it.

The very fact we inserted and kept to that clause is all anyone needs to know. But yes, it’s also clear he would like to go to a bigger club, which is understandable after 2 years guiding the club to the playoff finishes. Funding isn’t very big at Swansea, it’s a constant battle to get what you need (as he found out in January), which was probably around the time he started to think about his future in my opinion.

But yes of course people need to get behind him and the club now, although some people have a very toxic view bordering on a vendetta (which was long before any talks with other clubs) and this has provided the perfect excuse to continue that, so I don’t think that will happen in certain quarters.

You don’t know how much compensation the club want, you just know what his release clause is, like your Martin Braithwaite example.

The complete silence to date speaks volumes.

I actually see the clubs lack of commitment to Cooper as a bigger potential problem than his to us. As you rightly say, the negativity towards him started way before the end of the season. I’ll be getting behind him at the ground (and likely praising/criticising on here based on performances).

It’s got all the ingredients of a toxic atmosphere at games unfortunately.
Does anyone else need a manager on 10:33 - Jul 1 with 1341 viewsBadlands

It appears some fans ignore that 'fact' that football is a spectator sport and instead concentrate on football being about position on a table and a focal point for gambling.
Just as with Monk our style of play has given spectators little to enjoy other than a position on a table and a focal point for gambling.
Thinking back to the Wembley game, few were anticipating entertainment. When a win looked totally out of our reach (for many in our area that started before the game and I suspect, from the effort put into home game against Barnsley, the club) there was very little on offer to cheer and get excited about.
Other than the brilliant away Jack Army most fans watch the Swans at home an that, in the main, is where we get our opinion of the side, that is where we get our enjoyment and feel like we get value for money.
In 2018 we scored 42 home goals last season (although we weren't there physically many watched games on TV / remotely)
2020/21 ………. 27 (1. 58)
2019/20 ……… 28 (1.79)
2018/19 ………. 42 (1.83)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Does anyone else need a manager on 10:48 - Jul 1 with 1321 viewsDr_Parnassus

Does anyone else need a manager on 10:15 - Jul 1 by jack247

You don’t know how much compensation the club want, you just know what his release clause is, like your Martin Braithwaite example.

The complete silence to date speaks volumes.

I actually see the clubs lack of commitment to Cooper as a bigger potential problem than his to us. As you rightly say, the negativity towards him started way before the end of the season. I’ll be getting behind him at the ground (and likely praising/criticising on here based on performances).

It’s got all the ingredients of a toxic atmosphere at games unfortunately.

I haven’t heard any reports of any attempted negotiation, only that they wouldn’t pay the compensation. It’s a similar situation to Brendan to Liverpool had Liverpool baulked at the clause value.

Fortunately, or unfortunately (depending on your view), we were dealing with Fulham and not Liverpool and a £3.5m fee is a mammoth amount in the Championship. If we wanted him to go, we would have offered him for free which I very much doubt we did, or would entertain.

I believe Cooper will be offered a new deal in the coming months, there was talks of one for him in April. But Cooper may want the clause lowered or altered in his contract.

That seems the most likely course of events from here on in.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 10:49]

Does anyone else need a manager on 10:52 - Jul 1 with 1307 viewsItchySphincter

Does anyone else need a manager on 09:47 - Jul 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Watching the games or not doesn’t alter the facts that we finished 6th and then followed it up by finishing 4th.

What you seem to be saying is you didn’t find it pretty to watch. But the clubs owners care about results, it’s a business and all they want is their investment to increase in value. If they had the choice of 10th place Potterball or 4th place Cooperball then they will choose Cooperball every single time.

The mistake being made is that fans assume the aims of the fans and the aims of the board align, they don’t. They didn’t buy the club for entertainment purposes.

So should the fans recalibrate the reason why they watch football in the first place and put the interests of the owners ahead of everything else? It's a pragmatic way of thinking which matches our style of play on the pitch, but if we all thought like that there wouldn't be so much love and joy for the beautiful game. As fans it's not our job to put the dollar signs before enjoyment and being that it the fans that create those dollars we have every right to have a voice, regardless that it will be ignored.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Does anyone else need a manager on 10:52 - Jul 1 with 1310 viewsDr_Parnassus

Does anyone else need a manager on 10:33 - Jul 1 by Badlands

It appears some fans ignore that 'fact' that football is a spectator sport and instead concentrate on football being about position on a table and a focal point for gambling.
Just as with Monk our style of play has given spectators little to enjoy other than a position on a table and a focal point for gambling.
Thinking back to the Wembley game, few were anticipating entertainment. When a win looked totally out of our reach (for many in our area that started before the game and I suspect, from the effort put into home game against Barnsley, the club) there was very little on offer to cheer and get excited about.
Other than the brilliant away Jack Army most fans watch the Swans at home an that, in the main, is where we get our opinion of the side, that is where we get our enjoyment and feel like we get value for money.
In 2018 we scored 42 home goals last season (although we weren't there physically many watched games on TV / remotely)
2020/21 ………. 27 (1. 58)
2019/20 ……… 28 (1.79)
2018/19 ………. 42 (1.83)

It doesn’t matter what you believe football is, tell that to European Champions Chelsea who scored among the lowest goals in the top half of the Premier League.

Owners own football clubs for profit in the main, very few own football clubs just to be entertained by the spectacle otherwise they would just be fans. For the majority of owners, effective winning football beats exciting middling results any day. You may not like it, I understand that, but that is just the fact of the matter.

Would I prefer tiki taka Brendan Rodgers style football while storming the league? Absolutely. Do I think it’s realistic? Not at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024