Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Langland Bay 13:38 - Jul 12 with 1487 viewsonehunglow

Something positive here for my readers.
Saw a photo from an old school chum of mine PJ of an evening at Langland and the beach looked good.not too many stones and the surfers full at it.

I thought it was getting all stoned up like of what I see at Oxwich.

Is it safe for me to visit this summer

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Langland Bay on 13:49 - Jul 12 with 1217 viewsFlashberryjack

If it's OK with the reverend Drakeford it's OK with me, bring your own bucket and spade though.

Oh! If you really fear for your safety, you could always wear a mask.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Langland Bay on 13:50 - Jul 12 with 1214 viewsonehunglow

Langland Bay on 13:49 - Jul 12 by Flashberryjack

If it's OK with the reverend Drakeford it's OK with me, bring your own bucket and spade though.

Oh! If you really fear for your safety, you could always wear a mask.

I’d need more than a mask although I d be avoiding the Neath area ,obviously.

Langland Bay on 15:04 - Jul 12 with 1184 viewsjack247

If Langland is looking relatively rock free, it’s a clever bit of photography. It’s probably on a par with Oxwich.

There aren’t so many rocks that it’s a massive problem, but Caswell is round the corner and is much bigger at mid-low tide. Only real rocks are by the steps or at the edge of the sea when it’s low tide and right out. Can avoid by just going down the ramp on the right.
Langland Bay on 15:33 - Jul 12 with 1175 viewsonehunglow

Langland Bay on 15:04 - Jul 12 by jack247

If Langland is looking relatively rock free, it’s a clever bit of photography. It’s probably on a par with Oxwich.

There aren’t so many rocks that it’s a massive problem, but Caswell is round the corner and is much bigger at mid-low tide. Only real rocks are by the steps or at the edge of the sea when it’s low tide and right out. Can avoid by just going down the ramp on the right.

I d send a link of the photo if I could.

I won’t bother now.

Langland Bay on 16:58 - Jul 12 with 1142 viewsjack_lord

Langland is locals only OK - Caswell is around the corner

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Langland Bay on 17:14 - Jul 12 with 1136 viewsBoundy

Langland Bay on 16:58 - Jul 12 by jack_lord

Do they were placards around their necks I wonder , I must have been lucky then

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Langland Bay on 17:18 - Jul 12 with 1135 viewsjack_lord

Langland Bay on 17:14 - Jul 12 by Boundy

Do they were placards around their necks I wonder , I must have been lucky then

There is a spoof article floating around about the bay and locals. If you aren't local you must stay to the other side of the beach. Townies were apoplectic.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Langland Bay on 18:04 - Jul 12 with 1115 viewsBoundy

Langland Bay on 17:18 - Jul 12 by jack_lord

There is a spoof article floating around about the bay and locals. If you aren't local you must stay to the other side of the beach. Townies were apoplectic.

Well with everyone "stay cationing " or what ever the buzz word is , it could get nasty

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Langland Bay on 18:54 - Jul 12 with 1086 viewsmax936

Langland is a wonderful bay to swim in when the tide is in, same as Oxwich, lovely deep water close in there again when at Top of the Tide.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Langland Bay on 18:57 - Jul 12 with 1079 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The other side, that's Ilfracombe.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Langland Bay on 19:10 - Jul 12 with 1067 viewsjack247

Langland Bay on 16:58 - Jul 12 by jack_lord

Used to be a bit like that when I was a kid. Not so much now. Caswell is a better beach anyway IMO.
Langland Bay on 19:54 - Jul 12 with 1046 viewsmax936

Langland Bay on 19:10 - Jul 12 by jack247

Used to be a bit like that when I was a kid. Not so much now. Caswell is a better beach anyway IMO.

Caswell is the Chav's bay mun Langland has got the Braz as well mun

Oxwich is great except for those Cardiff Chav'e coming down with their Jetski's.

Langland Bay on 20:28 - Jul 12 with 1030 viewsjack247

Langland Bay on 19:54 - Jul 12 by max936

Caswell is the Chav's bay mun Langland has got the Braz as well mun

Oxwich is great except for those Cardiff Chav'e coming down with their Jetski's.

When I was growing up, talking the best part of 30 years ago mind, that was definitely the case. People who lived in and around Caswell went to Langland. That’s not really the case now.

In all honesty, if people are capable of walking a mile or so, I wouldn’t bother with any of those three. All are great, but overcrowded and Gower has better to offer. Totally get they are ideal for people who need to park close to the beach though.
Langland Bay on 20:32 - Jul 12 with 1027 viewsonehunglow

Langland Bay on 20:28 - Jul 12 by jack247

When I was growing up, talking the best part of 30 years ago mind, that was definitely the case. People who lived in and around Caswell went to Langland. That’s not really the case now.

In all honesty, if people are capable of walking a mile or so, I wouldn’t bother with any of those three. All are great, but overcrowded and Gower has better to offer. Totally get they are ideal for people who need to park close to the beach though.

Fall Bay for me.
No riffraff .hard to get too so it s worth the effort

Langland Bay on 20:32 - Jul 12 with 1027 viewsmax936

Langland Bay on 20:28 - Jul 12 by jack247

I love Langland myself and Oxwich, mainly for the swimming but also the amenities cough cough.

Langland Bay on 20:36 - Jul 12 with 1024 viewsjack247

Langland Bay on 20:32 - Jul 12 by onehunglow

Fall Bay for me.
No riffraff .hard to get too so it s worth the effort

Completely agree. Fall bay, Mewslade, Broughton etc all better than the busier beaches.
Langland Bay on 20:37 - Jul 12 with 1023 viewsonehunglow

Langland Bay on 20:32 - Jul 12 by max936

I love Langland myself and Oxwich, mainly for the swimming but also the amenities cough cough.

Yiu re lucky, swimming here isn’t the best as it’s very shallow

Langland Bay on 20:40 - Jul 12 with 1020 viewsjack247

Langland Bay on 20:32 - Jul 12 by max936

I’ve got to say, the Oxwich bay is brilliant. Love their half beer garden, half actual garden set up, especially with its location. Never been in the Beach house, meant to be awesome, but too posh for me!

Worms Head hotel do nice food. It’s a winner if you’re lucky enough to get an outside table.
Langland Bay on 20:42 - Jul 12 with 1017 viewsmax936

Langland Bay on 20:37 - Jul 12 by onehunglow

Yiu re lucky, swimming here isn’t the best as it’s very shallow

Used to swim from the slipway by kiddies park in Mumbles and up to Verdis, nice and deep there and a great swim again when tide is in obviously, great flow on the bigger tides as well, couldn't do it now though, like Mr blobby these days.

Langland Bay on 20:53 - Jul 12 with 1012 viewsmax936

Langland Bay on 20:40 - Jul 12 by jack247

I’ve got to say, the Oxwich bay is brilliant. Love their half beer garden, half actual garden set up, especially with its location. Never been in the Beach house, meant to be awesome, but too posh for me!

Worms Head hotel do nice food. It’s a winner if you’re lucky enough to get an outside table.

Beach house was great when we went, must be 5yrs or more now, expensive though, think it's even more expensive now though.
King Arthur is very good as well, its a bit further but worth it, went to The Britannia the weekend very nice, we sit outside these days obviously.
Was sitting outside King Arthur earlier in the year, after they re-opened in blazing sunshine, then sky darkened and down came the rain and hailstones the sizes of marbles

Langland Bay on 21:03 - Jul 12 with 1006 viewsonehunglow

Langland Bay on 20:42 - Jul 12 by max936

Used to swim from the slipway by kiddies park in Mumbles and up to Verdis, nice and deep there and a great swim again when tide is in obviously, great flow on the bigger tides as well, couldn't do it now though, like Mr blobby these days.

Hmm. I used to swim there years ago when a Mumbles resident

Langland Bay on 21:38 - Jul 12 with 990 viewsmax936

Langland Bay on 21:03 - Jul 12 by onehunglow

Hmm. I used to swim there years ago when a Mumbles resident

How the hell did they allow you to dwell there, no wonder the house prices dropped there
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 21:39]

Langland Bay on 09:23 - Jul 13 with 881 viewsonehunglow

Langland Bay on 21:38 - Jul 12 by max936

How the hell did they allow you to dwell there, no wonder the house prices dropped there
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 21:39]

It was 73-76. It wasn't the happiest time in my life frankly.Nothing to do the area though.

I moved here in 76.

Langland Bay on 10:05 - Jul 14 with 732 viewscontroversial_jack

Langland Bay on 18:54 - Jul 12 by max936

Langland is a wonderful bay to swim in when the tide is in, same as Oxwich, lovely deep water close in there again when at Top of the Tide.

I don't think any beach is nice to swim in at low tide. Aberavon is lovely for swimming when the tide is almost in
Langland Bay on 03:24 - Jul 16 with 575 viewsKilkennyjack

Langland Bay on 09:23 - Jul 13 by onehunglow

It was 73-76. It wasn't the happiest time in my life frankly.Nothing to do the area though.

I moved here in 76.

OHL and Boundy love 1974.

Its like 1974 never ended. Weird.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024