Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew agrees Qatar contract 17:58 - Jul 22 with 1235 viewsReslovenSwan1

Andre has taken a pay drop and signed with Al Sadd of Qatar.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/andre-ayew-qatari-side-al-sadd-announce-transfer-ag

Looks like £34,000 a week. No wonder Andre sat tight at Swansea.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 17:59 - Jul 22 with 1214 viewsonehunglow

Ambitious eh

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 18:01 - Jul 22 with 1216 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m very concerned for Andre, dropping down from being a millionaire every three months at Swansea to less than half that. He must be terrified what the future will hold.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 18:08 - Jul 22 with 1196 viewsjasper_T

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 18:01 - Jul 22 by KeithHaynes

I’m very concerned for Andre, dropping down from being a millionaire every three months at Swansea to less than half that. He must be terrified what the future will hold.

Won't be paying much tax over there though.
Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 18:17 - Jul 22 with 1173 viewsDr_Winston

Good luck to him. Paid too much but always did his best to earn it. Christ knows where we'd have ended up the last two seasons without him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 18:32 - Jul 22 with 1141 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 18:17 - Jul 22 by Dr_Winston

Good luck to him. Paid too much but always did his best to earn it. Christ knows where we'd have ended up the last two seasons without him.

We would be in the same place but around £12m better off. Sadly Covid has harmed Swansea. It could be argued if there were fans Ayew would have partly paid for himself.

His goals might have added £500,000 to gate receipts per season. Last season's play off (unlikely with out him) would have been worth £1m in gate receipts and say£500,000 extra in TV and prize money. £2m

Last seasons play off run and Wembley show would have generated another £2 plus the £3m play-off final generating about £7m of his £8m wages.

Sadly Covid struck and Ayew's good form did not translate into hard cash. The Premier league wages nightmare is now over the parachutes have done their job and Swansea are one of the pack.

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 19:55 - Jul 22 with 1032 viewsCatullus

By pay cut do you mean he took the best offer on the table?

We'll have to disagree about his goals putting 500k on gate receipts though, the quality of football on offer would not have seen thousands straining to get in. Part time supporters can be quite funny like that, they won't pay good money to watch rubbish.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 20:06 - Jul 22 with 1013 viewsnantywatcher

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 19:55 - Jul 22 by Catullus

We'll have to disagree about his goals putting 500k on gate receipts though, the quality of football on offer would not have seen thousands straining to get in. Part time supporters can be quite funny like that, they won't pay good money to watch rubbish.

34k a week!! Those Quataries must be rolling in money.
Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 20:06 - Jul 22 with 1007 viewsonehunglow

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 20:06 - Jul 22 by nantywatcher

34k a week!! Those Quataries must be rolling in money.

and blinded by the light

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 21:21 - Jul 23 with 714 viewsguthrieintherain

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 19:55 - Jul 22 by Catullus

34k a week may have been worth us paying that.

About 1.7 million for a season and a very good player at Championship level.

Time you pay a transfer fee signing on fee we would struggle to get better value for money.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 23:27 - Jul 23 with 657 viewsCatullus

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 21:21 - Jul 23 by guthrieintherain

34k a week may have been worth us paying that.

About 1.7 million for a season and a very good player at Championship level.

Time you pay a transfer fee signing on fee we would struggle to get better value for money.

I hadn't thought about that, you could be right. Piroe could cost us 2 million after add ons plus his wages. If he flops, we lose.

Of course we'd have to match that as take home pay. I doubt he's paying any over there and there will be bonuses to.

Maybe he just fancied following in Pele's footsteps, Abedi Pele that is.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 07:40 - Jul 25 with 516 viewsjackrmee

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 23:27 - Jul 23 by Catullus

I hadn't thought about that, you could be right. Piroe could cost us 2 million after add ons plus his wages. If he flops, we lose.

Of course we'd have to match that as take home pay. I doubt he's paying any over there and there will be bonuses to.

Maybe he just fancied following in Pele's footsteps, Abedi Pele that is.

Turns out he wanted to specifically play for Al Sadd because it's the club that gave his Dad a chance to play outside Ghana. Not all about money.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 13:56 - Jul 25 with 452 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ayew agrees Qatar contract on 07:40 - Jul 25 by jackrmee

Turns out he wanted to specifically play for Al Sadd because it's the club that gave his Dad a chance to play outside Ghana. Not all about money.

I trust you are being "ironic". Did he not say something about playing at the highest level possible.?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024