Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread 10:05 - Jul 23 with 7154 viewsonehunglow

OK ,I know it's another thread but the good Guv will delete if it offends in some way.

I like Lions tours.It sees the Welsh playing alongside the posh/privileged public school boys of England and the scions of Scottish borders farmers and the Irish boys too big for Hurling.

Now we see the Blacks and Coloured playing for Bokke rather than parking their cars or watering their lawns,they have a significant pool of talent.It's nuts really Apartheid saw these dumb jerks marginalise and brutalise the majority and only allow them to find coal for the Braai instead of sharing food and drink with them even at the same table .
Tomorrow sees another black Bokke captain in the magnificent Am. Terreblanche mut be turning in his grave or wwizzing around in that dust bowl in the Free State skies.

Any SA tour is brutal.I mean ,although we left them the game after kicking them out of the Cape,we left them rugby.Pretty magnaminous of us really.Tomorrow will be scary,trust me.Anti eggers or effete footballers,stick to synchronised swimming in the Olympics.

I predict Hogg will have a torrid time but I agree Sanjay shouldn't have played,if only to protect Waunarlydd' s bravest warrior if only from himself after being concussed last time out. Bokke aren't exactly forgiving folk-they haven't forgiven us for the concentration camps for the Boers we invented-and they would have targetted anjay's head from the kick off. Good luck Hogg.

It' s all about forwards though as anyone who has played the game will testify and tomorrow will see the Lions front up and they will. It might well not be enough though and I feel AWJ election is plain wrong. Eben ,Franco and the blond butcher Pieter Steph will be targetting his shoulder. They will be looking to snap it,make no mistake here.

Gatland has gone for size and power but I 'm not sure it'll work. We ''ll ee.

If the backs get the ball,Biggar will,no doubt,kick it half way up Table Mountain but if he gets it wrong,Cheslin Kolbe will be waiting to run at him and the others and simply take the pyss. This boy is beyond exciting. Ive not seen such talent since Lomu albeit in another guise..

The centre pairing is a weakness. IMO. Daly untried isn't smart and Henshaw is not 100% fit.He will need to be against De Allende and Am. Two great exponents of the position.

I only see Willy at full back as a real weakness.Past his best by some time althoigh still a class act.

Finally,I reflect on the days when in the sixties a Bokke team was literally and deservedly seen as poison and rightly so albeit one country we played . Imagine an international team due to play a regional team then and hour before kick off having it moved to another ground as demonstrators were suspected of having spread tacks all over the pitch. This game was transferred to New Brighton RFC . Days when black lads picked the oranges the players scoffed at half time but weren't allowed to play the in the same game.

Times like These

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lions.The Hung Preview on 12:10 - Jul 24 with 2287 viewsAndyCole

Tidy analysis. Most probably washed over the heads of many.

One heck of a test coming up.

I can see Liam being deployed sooner than later after heavy, catastrophic bombardment.

Henshaw/Daly ain't no Roberts/Foxy, doesn't inspire in the same way.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Lions.The Hung Preview on 12:35 - Jul 24 with 2281 viewsonehunglow

Lions.The Hung Preview on 12:10 - Jul 24 by AndyCole

Tidy analysis. Most probably washed over the heads of many.

One heck of a test coming up.

I can see Liam being deployed sooner than later after heavy, catastrophic bombardment.

Henshaw/Daly ain't no Roberts/Foxy, doesn't inspire in the same way.

Morning AC
I try to invoke a little perpective and honesty but ,as you ay,it aint for many who omply prefer to either chivvy up to their forum friend or simply post to pose or maybe simply insult in the most oblique way.
However,yeah, this game is something I am really looking forward to it.

I am genuinely concerned for AWJas I really do not think he should even be there. You cannot dislocate a shoulder then 3 weeks later expect to be battered by an animal lie Etzebeth and get away with it. I hope I am wrong as I love AWJ to bits but sometimes players have to be protected from themselves.

Du Toit and Mostert will be ready,make no mistake any Bokke team will be ready for a Test match. They will have been tw'tting each other in training a preparation .

I'm not hopeful and predict a final score of 35-17. I can see Pollard kicking endless penalties given away by Itoje and the TMO id a farking Saffie.

Lions.The Hung Preview on 14:52 - Jul 24 with 2260 viewsKeithHaynes

5pm kick off uk time today.
It’s going to take one hard shift for the lions to get anything from this game.

Matchday programme here
https://issuu.com/highburymediapublications/docs/b_i_lions_vs_springboks

SOUTH AFRICA v THE BRITISH & IRISH LIONS
Saturday 24 July 2021
Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town
Kick-off: 5pm (BST)

15. Stuart Hogg (Exeter Chiefs, Scotland) #783
14. Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby, England) #816
13. Elliot Daly (Saracens, England) #822
12. Robbie Henshaw (Leinster Rugby, Ireland) #824
11. Duhan van der Merwe (Worcester Warriors, Scotland) #841
10. Dan Biggar (Northampton Saints, Wales) #821
9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors, Scotland) #843
1. Rory Sutherland (Worcester Warriors, Scotland) #840
2. Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, England) #851
3. Tadhg Furlong (Leinster Rugby, Ireland) #818
4. Maro Itoje (Saracens, England) #825
5. Alun Wyn Jones — captain (Ospreys, Wales) #761
6. Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, England) #826
7. Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, England) #853
8. Jack Conan (Leinster Rugby, Ireland) #839

Replacements:
16. Ken Owens (Scarlets, Wales) #829
17. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, England) #787
18. Kyle Sinckler (Bristol Bears, England) #814
19. Tadhg Beirne (Munster Rugby, Ireland) #838
20. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby, Scotland) #847
21. Conor Murray (Munster Rugby, Ireland) #790
22. Owen Farrell (Saracens, England) #780
23. Liam Williams (Scarlets, Wales) #833

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 17:27 - Jul 24 with 2194 viewsKeithHaynes

Itoje is having one hell of a game.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 17:31 - Jul 24 with 2193 viewsonehunglow

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 17:27 - Jul 24 by KeithHaynes

Love the guy.
Future England captain?
He should be now
As regards his ethnicity,I cannot think of an better role model.
He is also a slap in the face for any racist who believes black people are somehow still under the white man. I make apologies for saying that becaue the essence of racosm is seeing ones race a superior to another.

Looking around here,I see little in the way of white supremacy.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 17:36 - Jul 24 with 2190 viewsProfessor

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 17:31 - Jul 24 by onehunglow

Love the guy.
Future England captain?
He should be now
As regards his ethnicity,I cannot think of an better role model.
He is also a slap in the face for any racist who believes black people are somehow still under the white man. I make apologies for saying that becaue the essence of racosm is seeing ones race a superior to another.

Looking around here,I see little in the way of white supremacy.

Itoje Lions standout. Centres are shocking. Three penalties and some poor defence. Both the Curry and Daly penalties typical of poor discipline that has cost England of late.
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 17:39 - Jul 24 with 2187 viewsProfessor

This may be a bit dull in terms of back play, but the forwards on both side are immense
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 17:52 - Jul 24 with 2174 viewsonehunglow

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 17:39 - Jul 24 by Professor

This may be a bit dull in terms of back play, but the forwards on both side are immense

Paul
Far more to exchange opinions than football.

Sometimes,I hate football

Login to get fewer ads

Lions.The Hung Preview on 17:53 - Jul 24 with 2170 viewsKilkennyjack

Lions.The Hung Preview on 14:52 - Jul 24 by KeithHaynes

5pm kick off uk time today.
It’s going to take one hard shift for the lions to get anything from this game.

Matchday programme here
https://issuu.com/highburymediapublications/docs/b_i_lions_vs_springboks

SOUTH AFRICA v THE BRITISH & IRISH LIONS
Saturday 24 July 2021
Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town
Kick-off: 5pm (BST)

15. Stuart Hogg (Exeter Chiefs, Scotland) #783
14. Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby, England) #816
13. Elliot Daly (Saracens, England) #822
12. Robbie Henshaw (Leinster Rugby, Ireland) #824
11. Duhan van der Merwe (Worcester Warriors, Scotland) #841
10. Dan Biggar (Northampton Saints, Wales) #821
9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors, Scotland) #843
1. Rory Sutherland (Worcester Warriors, Scotland) #840
2. Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, England) #851
3. Tadhg Furlong (Leinster Rugby, Ireland) #818
4. Maro Itoje (Saracens, England) #825
5. Alun Wyn Jones — captain (Ospreys, Wales) #761
6. Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, England) #826
7. Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, England) #853
8. Jack Conan (Leinster Rugby, Ireland) #839

Replacements:
16. Ken Owens (Scarlets, Wales) #829
17. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, England) #787
18. Kyle Sinckler (Bristol Bears, England) #814
19. Tadhg Beirne (Munster Rugby, Ireland) #838
20. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby, Scotland) #847
21. Conor Murray (Munster Rugby, Ireland) #790
22. Owen Farrell (Saracens, England) #780
23. Liam Williams (Scarlets, Wales) #833

Not enough Welsh players.

Beware of the Risen People

Lions.The Hung Preview on 17:57 - Jul 24 with 2165 viewsonehunglow

Lions.The Hung Preview on 17:53 - Jul 24 by Kilkennyjack

FFS.
More parochial trash.

More Irish? Nah. Henshaw is nowhere near the mark for a start.

Would Owens make a difference? Nah

Sanjay might though

Opinions innit

Lions.The Hung Preview on 18:05 - Jul 24 with 2154 viewsProfessor

Lions.The Hung Preview on 17:57 - Jul 24 by onehunglow

FFS.
More parochial trash.

Sanjay might though

Opinions innit

Wyn Jones injured in training. North and Tipuric would have been out there too.
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 18:08 - Jul 24 with 2148 viewsProfessor

Excellent from the pack there.
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 18:13 - Jul 24 with 2140 viewsProfessor

The TMO will never be allowed in a bar in RSA again
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 18:30 - Jul 24 with 2124 viewsbuilthjack

Whatever happened to flair in the game. It's too predictable these days.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 18:31 - Jul 24 with 2123 viewsKeithHaynes

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 18:13 - Jul 24 by Professor

The TMO will never be allowed in a bar in RSA again

They’ve just let him back in mate 😂

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 18:42 - Jul 24 with 2114 viewsonehunglow

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 18:30 - Jul 24 by builthjack

Whatever happened to flair in the game. It's too predictable these days.

Good point kenny

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 18:49 - Jul 24 with 2108 viewsProfessor

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 18:31 - Jul 24 by KeithHaynes

They’ve just let him back in mate 😂

He’s out again now Keith
Lions.The Hung Preview on 19:10 - Jul 24 with 2088 viewsunion_jack

Please tell us you're on a wind up. I'm sure you are.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Lions.The Hung Preview on 19:35 - Jul 24 with 2055 viewsProfessor

Lions.The Hung Preview on 17:57 - Jul 24 by onehunglow

FFS.
More parochial trash.

Sanjay might though

Opinions innit

I can see The Sheriff starting next week and Wyn Jones, if fit. Sutherland was the weakest player in the pack and not sure if Cowan-Dickie showed enough with some poor line outs. itoje and Lawes were outstanding but Furlong, Conan , AWJ and later on Vuinopola and Sinckler put in some real graft. Not sure if there is much that can be changed in the back line. Chris Harris is an option at centre and Josh Adams perhaps. Hogg and Williams is a toss up. As are Price and Murray.
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 20:03 - Jul 24 with 2034 viewsmax936

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 17:27 - Jul 24 by KeithHaynes

Him and Lawes were awesome cracking games, in a great game, I had us to lose by 15pts minimum and I'm chuffed I was proved wrong.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Lions.The Hung Preview on 20:30 - Jul 24 with 2009 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Why would anyone who advocates Welsh independence support the idea of a British team? Bonkers!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 20:35 - Jul 24 with 2003 viewsBillyChong

SA weren’t up to much, made their own luck for the chances they had. Don’t think they’ve got much else to offer whereas the lions have. Should be a 3-0 series.
Lions.The Hung Preview on 22:40 - Jul 24 with 1956 viewsraynor94

School boy post, needs an edit

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 10:14 - Jul 25 with 1759 viewsKeithHaynes

First half I thought the lions were poor in all areas bar maybe certain areas of the pack. Second half dogged and at times fortunate tactics won the game but the boks will be furious with the referee and TMO. If they run at the lions next week it could be a landslide.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 12:21 - Jul 25 with 1720 viewsmax936

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 10:14 - Jul 25 by KeithHaynes

First half I thought the lions were poor in all areas bar maybe certain areas of the pack. Second half dogged and at times fortunate tactics won the game but the boks will be furious with the referee and TMO. If they run at the lions next week it could be a landslide.

That 2nd half one the game, the Safies could have been out of sight in that first, but just couldn't execute the moves, Ref made decisions that strangely went the Lions way on times, although he started the game penalising the Lions, that a few were hard to fathom.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024