Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More bad news for the non believers. 11:35 - Aug 7 with 2643 viewsReslovenSwan1

New investment from the USA apparently. Some said it would never happen. Another Convertible Loan Note keeping the club going?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58116561

Wise sage since Toshack era

More bad news for the non believers. on 11:39 - Aug 7 with 2052 viewsBillyChong

Nothing confirmed in that article, file under pinch of salt
More bad news for the non believers. on 11:46 - Aug 7 with 2037 viewsReslovenSwan1

More bad news for the non believers. on 11:39 - Aug 7 by BillyChong

Nothing confirmed in that article, file under pinch of salt

I am a believer and eternal optimist. Its the only way to be for me. Swansea city and me. It is love.

[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 11:46]

More bad news for the non believers. on 12:00 - Aug 7 with 1985 viewsraynor94

Fair play, exciting article

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

More bad news for the non believers. on 12:26 - Aug 7 with 1902 viewslondonlisa2001

More bad news for the non believers. on 12:00 - Aug 7 by raynor94

Why?

I mean ignore the headline which is misrepresenting what is said in the article and what you’re left with us ‘owners will need to put in money’. So the club is being run at a loss and has taken on debt. Exactly what everyone has kept saying shouldn’t happen.
More bad news for the non believers. on 12:27 - Aug 7 with 1901 viewsmax936

More bad news for the non believers. on 12:00 - Aug 7 by raynor94

Talk is cheap. but fairplay if the promises are delivered

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

More bad news for the non believers. on 12:54 - Aug 7 with 1822 viewsChief

To the OP and (Winter):

'New' investment suggests investment has already occurred. When in reality all that has happened is that the club received a (zero risk for the lenders) loan. (At 5% interest).

Bit of a contradiction in the article besides this in that Winter states "there's funds available" and then that the "owner's will have to invest again". Well if there's funds available, why are they planning to put more money in? Maybe they're enjoying their 5% zero risk in uncertain times?

Plus we know these people do not keep their word- that zoom interview included statements which they didn't keep. So until they do loan the club more, I don't see why anyone would believe them.

In addition, this is horrible news for the club. Realistically, what are they going to loan in? The club is already in the hole to them for 10mill ish (interest on top of that). If that type of figure is loaned again, where are Swansea as a championship club going to Get 20mill plus to pay these people back? Ladening the club with debt is extremely dodgy in my opinion.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

More bad news for the non believers. on 12:59 - Aug 7 with 1808 viewsjasper_T

More bad news for the non believers. on 12:26 - Aug 7 by londonlisa2001

Why?

I mean ignore the headline which is misrepresenting what is said in the article and what you’re left with us ‘owners will need to put in money’. So the club is being run at a loss and has taken on debt. Exactly what everyone has kept saying shouldn’t happen.

That's the Championship though, isn't it. Unless we can produce and sell players every year or so debt is inevitable. Almost every club is spending more than it takes in simply on wages. Almost every club has enormous and increasing debts.

Developing £20m+ players for Chelsea and Liverpool gets us nowhere.
More bad news for the non believers. on 13:21 - Aug 7 with 1735 viewsjack247

More bad news for the non believers. on 12:59 - Aug 7 by jasper_T

That's the Championship though, isn't it. Unless we can produce and sell players every year or so debt is inevitable. Almost every club is spending more than it takes in simply on wages. Almost every club has enormous and increasing debts.

We aren’t going to go up and the owners aren’t going to recover their money without loan players.

If the long term plan is to stay in the Championship and sell a starlet every year to tick us over, then fair enough we don’t need them. It’s probably an unpopular view, but they generally improve our side or get sent back.

We’ll get the odd Hourihane. I think we’re better off with young, hungry talents than established squad players who can’t get a game to be honest.

I don’t think we’d have got near the playoffs without Brewster and Gallagher then Guehi. We may well have challenged top two had Gibbs-White not been injured then recalled. Even Morris would have given us an option when Ayew and Lowe were running on empty.

If we’ve got better than the likes of Garner and Laird waiting for their chance, then of course, don’t bring them in. If not, there’s a balance between developing our own players and remaining competitive.
Login to get fewer ads

More bad news for the non believers. on 13:24 - Aug 7 with 1719 viewslondonlisa2001

More bad news for the non believers. on 12:59 - Aug 7 by jasper_T

Maybe the case. But for ages we’ve been treated to ‘the club is being run sustainably’ haven’t we?

Would be cheaper to run a club of course if we didn’t spend every couple of seasons paying off management teams?
More bad news for the non believers. on 13:33 - Aug 7 with 1679 viewsWhiterockin

More bad news for the non believers. on 13:24 - Aug 7 by londonlisa2001

Maybe the case. But for ages we’ve been treated to ‘the club is being run sustainably’ haven’t we?

Would be cheaper to run a club of course if we didn’t spend every couple of seasons paying off management teams?

You are much better at the financial side than me. But with the trust unable to match the other owners percentage wise with investment, what other options are available apart from loans into the club.
More bad news for the non believers. on 13:43 - Aug 7 with 1631 viewsChief

More bad news for the non believers. on 13:33 - Aug 7 by Whiterockin

You are much better at the financial side than me. But with the trust unable to match the other owners percentage wise with investment, what other options are available apart from loans into the club.

Living within our means and not having to borrow from anywhere seems a good idea to me. Ok I can buy that the last loan was to cover Covid, but why would the club want another loan? Now fans are back and Ayews wages gone, why do we need another lot? To gamble on premier league promotion? Sounds risky to me.

More bad news for the non believers. on 13:52 - Aug 7 with 1603 viewsjackrmee

More bad news for the non believers. on 13:43 - Aug 7 by Chief

Living within our means and not having to borrow from anywhere seems a good idea to me. Ok I can buy that the last loan was to cover Covid, but why would the club want another loan? Now fans are back and Ayews wages gone, why do we need another lot? To gamble on premier league promotion? Sounds risky to me.

Maybe to be able to lure a decent manager to the club?
After QPR assistant turning us down, it's probably a need for the club to ensure a new manager a few signings, or settle for a lower rate manager who would come to us with a piss poor squad.
Plus we had to pay Cooper off.

Maybe it's not the best way to work, but I'd much rather a few small loans in order to steady the club and secure staying in this division, with a very good chance of progression, rather than take whoever we can afford, with a threadbare squad, staring at a relegation battle.

Edit: I'm not saying to do it every year. But a loan to sort the shambles that we were in out, yes.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 13:54]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

More bad news for the non believers. on 13:55 - Aug 7 with 1588 viewsswan65split

is it written on a side of a Bus?
More bad news for the non believers. on 14:06 - Aug 7 with 1563 viewsjasper_T

More bad news for the non believers. on 13:43 - Aug 7 by Chief

Last season we had a parachute payment of £15m propping up the budget. Ayew's wages are gone and crowds will be back but that's not worth £15m. We only turned a narrow profit in the season where our parachute was closer to £35m.
More bad news for the non believers. on 14:10 - Aug 7 with 1552 viewsChief

More bad news for the non believers. on 14:06 - Aug 7 by jasper_T

Last season we had a parachute payment of £15m propping up the budget. Ayew's wages are gone and crowds will be back but that's not worth £15m. We only turned a narrow profit in the season where our parachute was closer to £35m.

And we also sold Rodon for a lesser price to apparently get our hands on ready cash.....

This is never going to end. There'll always be some excuse as to why were skint, why we don't spend much, why we need loans, why we need sell and undersell. It's depressing.

More bad news for the non believers. on 14:10 - Aug 7 with 1548 viewslondonlisa2001

More bad news for the non believers. on 14:06 - Aug 7 by jasper_T

Several wages are gone over the past year and a bit, not just Ayew.

Routledge, Dyer - both relatively high earnings. Guehi, Woodman, Hourihane. Others to go, replaced with cheaper options.

The season you are talking about was a very, very different squad.
More bad news for the non believers. on 14:16 - Aug 7 with 1535 viewsjasper_T

More bad news for the non believers. on 14:10 - Aug 7 by Chief

And we also sold Rodon for a lesser price to apparently get our hands on ready cash.....

This is never going to end. There'll always be some excuse as to why were skint, why we don't spend much, why we need loans, why we need sell and undersell. It's depressing.

Our income this season will be what it is going forward (unless we get promoted/relegated). The diminishing parachute is gone, so we're a normal ~£20m a year club now with crowds back.

Welcome to football in the EFL. Everyone's skint, selling key players and/or racking up eye-watering debt. You're right, it probably doesn't end until there's serious change in how the game is run. The temptation of the PL windfall has driven the game mad.
More bad news for the non believers. on 14:23 - Aug 7 with 1512 viewsKeithHaynes

More bad news for the non believers. on 14:10 - Aug 7 by Chief

First game of the season ?
No depression.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

More bad news for the non believers. on 14:45 - Aug 7 with 1469 viewsChief

More bad news for the non believers. on 14:16 - Aug 7 by jasper_T

Our income this season will be what it is going forward (unless we get promoted/relegated). The diminishing parachute is gone, so we're a normal ~£20m a year club now with crowds back.

Welcome to football in the EFL. Everyone's skint, selling key players and/or racking up eye-watering debt. You're right, it probably doesn't end until there's serious change in how the game is run. The temptation of the PL windfall has driven the game mad.

Well yea so what's costing the ongoing money then considering we have shed all the premier league earners? As I say, I can buy loans to get through covid. But ongoing? We aren't going to give Martin the money needed to get promoted so this season so I don't like this one bit.

More bad news for the non believers. on 14:56 - Aug 7 with 1449 viewsjasper_T

More bad news for the non believers. on 14:45 - Aug 7 by Chief

Well yea so what's costing the ongoing money then considering we have shed all the premier league earners? As I say, I can buy loans to get through covid. But ongoing? We aren't going to give Martin the money needed to get promoted so this season so I don't like this one bit.

Basic wages and operating costs. The vast majority of Championship clubs spend more than £20m a season on payroll. It's not a profitable league to be in.

More bad news for the non believers. on 15:15 - Aug 7 with 1426 viewsChief

More bad news for the non believers. on 14:56 - Aug 7 by jasper_T

Basic wages and operating costs. The vast majority of Championship clubs spend more than £20m a season on payroll. It's not a profitable league to be in.

Yea but we also sell players while only investing a small percentage back in. So we usually get a lot in player fees. Grimes will be gone soon I presume.

More bad news for the non believers. on 17:14 - Aug 7 with 1341 viewsjasper_T

More bad news for the non believers. on 15:15 - Aug 7 by Chief

Yea but we also sell players while only investing a small percentage back in. So we usually get a lot in player fees. Grimes will be gone soon I presume.

Net profits on player sales aren't unusual either. We had the lowest net transfer profit in the top 6 last season except for Barnsley. There's nothing to suggest selling Rodon for £11m should mean we're set for a few years.
More bad news for the non believers. on 18:08 - Aug 7 with 1288 viewsChief

More bad news for the non believers. on 17:14 - Aug 7 by jasper_T

Net profits on player sales aren't unusual either. We had the lowest net transfer profit in the top 6 last season except for Barnsley. There's nothing to suggest selling Rodon for £11m should mean we're set for a few years.

No, but it should have meant we were 'set' for last season (and that's on the back of a profit year).

And this year all the top earners are gone, and we're going to sell again. That's why I'm puzzled by the need for more loans.

More bad news for the non believers. on 18:11 - Aug 7 with 1278 viewsshingle

More bad news for the non believers. on 11:46 - Aug 7 by ReslovenSwan1

I am a believer and eternal optimist. Its the only way to be for me. Swansea city and me. It is love.

[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 11:46]

Yep you are definitely not the type of guy to rely on in a crisis.
More bad news for the non believers. on 22:11 - Aug 7 with 1131 viewsReslovenSwan1

More bad news for the non believers. on 18:11 - Aug 7 by shingle

Yep you are definitely not the type of guy to rely on in a crisis.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion. I have an excellent track record of reliability over a very successful of over 30 year career, One or two hairy moment along the way.

This forum is full of people that comment negatively on "Yanks" and "sellouts". Today we hear of likely extra cash from the USA (Winter calls an investment) , and possible sponsorship of the stadium with links to a so called "sellout". They were the shirt sponsor at one time.

If the loan(s) are converted they will not add to the clubs debt. I expect this to happen.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 22:22]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024