Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C 15:10 - Aug 9 with 4587 viewsSwansIndependent

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea City squad 9th Aug 2021 15:06
There is an issue, and let’s not beat about the bush to think there isn’t. What that issue is, or more to the point when that issue occurred is always going to be down to conjecture and speculation. If the people who write for this website knew, or I knew personally you would already know. Obviously taking into consideration our very thorough evaluation process on information that is constantly being made available to this website. 0

Exclusive above
Twitter below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 22:02 - Aug 10 with 1189 viewsAndyCole

Well done Joel. And well earned.

Excellent reporting by Swansea Independent.

I reckon Martin is tuned in to this, the very best Swansea forum.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 22:40 - Aug 10 with 1105 viewsGVJack

Do you think we can get Piroe Snenior on the coaching staff?
Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 22:56 - Aug 10 with 1065 viewsmax936

Did we ever get to the bottom of any possible issues between Piroe and Russell, broke covid rules by going for a slurp ? saying that maybe better to let bygones be bygones.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 23:16 - Aug 10 with 1039 viewsjackrmee

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 22:56 - Aug 10 by max936

Did we ever get to the bottom of any possible issues between Piroe and Russell, broke covid rules by going for a slurp ? saying that maybe better to let bygones be bygones.

Rumours IMO

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 23:25 - Aug 10 with 1032 viewsAndyCole

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 22:56 - Aug 10 by max936

I think it may as simple as:

- he didn't fancy him
- and now he does, hopefully

Which of course is fine. Marvellous Martin is nigh on as young as some of our senior players, lots of room to learn and grow.

Exciting times.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 06:48 - Aug 12 with 908 viewsItchySphincter

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 22:02 - Aug 10 by AndyCole

Well done Joel. And well earned.

Excellent reporting by Swansea Independent.

I reckon Martin is tuned in to this, the very best Swansea forum.

You think that? Really?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 05:57 - Aug 13 with 793 viewsKeithHaynes

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 06:48 - Aug 12 by ItchySphincter

You think that? Really?

He’s on here most days after a mid morning veggie burger.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 12:01 - Aug 13 with 709 viewsItchySphincter

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 05:57 - Aug 13 by KeithHaynes

He’s on here most days after a mid morning veggie burger.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:10 - Oct 23 with 523 views34dfgdf54

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 23:25 - Aug 10 by AndyCole

I think it may as simple as:

- he didn't fancy him
- and now he does, hopefully

Which of course is fine. Marvellous Martin is nigh on as young as some of our senior players, lots of room to learn and grow.

Exciting times.

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:10 - Oct 23 with 519 viewsDr_Parnassus

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:10 - Oct 23 by 34dfgdf54

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:11 - Oct 23 with 517 views34dfgdf54

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 21:38 - Aug 9 by AndyCole

It's the least he deserves. Ruthless Russell making a name for himself early doors, it seems.

- JP jettisoned from the squad way beyond the 11th hour ahead of our big opener
- JP stripped of the #9 jersey

Harsh, to say the least.

Let's hope Martin cuts his cloth appropriately, and in the right way.

The way in which he reigned in his cloth in the 2nd half doesn't bodde well for the courage of his convictions.

Reading line-up, initial tactics, and Martin's strength of his convictions will be interesting. Let's see if he again reverts to dropping our best player way too deep to accommodate our (new)defensive deficiencies.

Absolute comedy gold
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 10:12]
Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:13 - Oct 23 with 502 viewsDr_Parnassus

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:11 - Oct 23 by 34dfgdf54

Absolute comedy gold
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 10:12]

Which bit specifically?

Trying to understand the point you are making with bumping these posts. I am sure I am not alone.

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:27 - Oct 23 with 462 views34dfgdf54

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:13 - Oct 23 by Dr_Parnassus

Which bit specifically?

Trying to understand the point you are making with bumping these posts. I am sure I am not alone.

The “which is fine of course” when talking about Martin’s conduct with Piroe that tune has since changed. Calling him “marvellous Martin” when now it’s “martine”.
Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:32 - Oct 23 with 441 viewsDr_Parnassus

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:27 - Oct 23 by 34dfgdf54

The “which is fine of course” when talking about Martin’s conduct with Piroe that tune has since changed. Calling him “marvellous Martin” when now it’s “martine”.

Those comments were after the Blackburn game from the looks of the date.

He went on to leave him out two further times, not winning any of them.

I am pretty sure that changed peoples feelings towards the treatment of Joel. Especially when he won the game he started after against Bristol City when the squad went against his instructions.

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:37 - Oct 23 with 437 views34dfgdf54

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:32 - Oct 23 by Dr_Parnassus

Those comments were after the Blackburn game from the looks of the date.

He went on to leave him out two further times, not winning any of them.

I am pretty sure that changed peoples feelings towards the treatment of Joel. Especially when he won the game he started after against Bristol City when the squad went against his instructions.

Leave him out a further two times which by the looks has worked a treat, piroe says so himself and Martin that the “honest” words have worked. Great management by the looks.

As for Bristol City

"We turned it over too much, we didn't take enough care of it. We were anxious. There was a lot of tension.

"I understand that. We've got a lot of tired players, we're on the TV and people are desperate to get that win.

"Listen, we're going to improve in that. I think that'll shed a lot of the tension and anxiety we had tonight.

The way we controlled the winning situations against Cardiff and WBA compared were chalk and cheese compared to Bristol. Again, it all points to good coaching.
Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:40 - Oct 23 with 429 viewsDr_Parnassus

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:37 - Oct 23 by 34dfgdf54

Leave him out a further two times which by the looks has worked a treat, piroe says so himself and Martin that the “honest” words have worked. Great management by the looks.

As for Bristol City

"We turned it over too much, we didn't take enough care of it. We were anxious. There was a lot of tension.

"I understand that. We've got a lot of tired players, we're on the TV and people are desperate to get that win.

"Listen, we're going to improve in that. I think that'll shed a lot of the tension and anxiety we had tonight.

The way we controlled the winning situations against Cardiff and WBA compared were chalk and cheese compared to Bristol. Again, it all points to good coaching.

We have no idea what worked and what didn't, he could have banged them in before that. Nothing suggests he wouldn't, they boy is class. We needed him, we scored 2 in those 3 games dropping 8 possible points out of 9.

I have no interest in manager or player soundbites, they give us what they want to give us. The rest remains in house. But it is clear he did not think his instructions were followed, how he dressed that up is of no interest to me.

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:41 - Oct 23 with 428 viewsBadlands

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:37 - Oct 23 by 34dfgdf54

As for Bristol City

Careful, you'll upset the Cooprolites.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:42 - Oct 23 with 428 views34dfgdf54

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:40 - Oct 23 by Dr_Parnassus

We have no idea what worked and what didn't, he could have banged them in before that. Nothing suggests he wouldn't, they boy is class. We needed him, we scored 2 in those 3 games dropping 8 possible points out of 9.

I have no interest in manager or player soundbites, they give us what they want to give us. The rest remains in house. But it is clear he did not think his instructions were followed, how he dressed that up is of no interest to me.

Nothing to suggest he wouldn’t? I’m sure you made some remarks about him in the pre seasons games?
Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:47 - Oct 23 with 420 viewsDr_Parnassus

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:42 - Oct 23 by 34dfgdf54

Nothing to suggest he wouldn’t? I’m sure you made some remarks about him in the pre seasons games?

Nope nothing.

I said I have never seen him play before, risky signing. You agreed.

Martin clearly had seen him play, therein lies the difference. And now I have I think its ludicrous to keep such a player out of a side when he first arrived when we were struggling so badly.

But hard to judge until we know what happened, it was certainly a major reaction. If it was for football reasons then in my opinion he clearly got it wrong.

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:58 - Oct 23 with 411 views34dfgdf54

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:47 - Oct 23 by Dr_Parnassus

Nope nothing.

I said I have never seen him play before, risky signing. You agreed.

Martin clearly had seen him play, therein lies the difference. And now I have I think its ludicrous to keep such a player out of a side when he first arrived when we were struggling so badly.

But hard to judge until we know what happened, it was certainly a major reaction. If it was for football reasons then in my opinion he clearly got it wrong.

What did you mean by this then?

<<His record was poor, without question. PSV didn’t seem to haggle over our bid and considering they were shipping him out on loan or shoving him in their reserves whenever they could (that also didn’t really make him an obvious starter in either the Dutch first or second division), seemed more than willing to let him go for what is a pretty big sum of money for someone who isn’t featuring much for anyone he plays for.

I hope my doubts are proven wrong, as that’s all they are. But recent developments haven’t eased any of the doubts I raised when he was first linked.>>

Seems to have improved somewhat under Martin’s guidance don’t you think? As yourself and badlands said, never had a good record anywhere else. Maybe he needed the treatment he had to kickstart him. His own words indicate that.
Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 11:02 - Oct 23 with 403 viewsDr_Parnassus

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 10:58 - Oct 23 by 34dfgdf54

What did you mean by this then?

<<His record was poor, without question. PSV didn’t seem to haggle over our bid and considering they were shipping him out on loan or shoving him in their reserves whenever they could (that also didn’t really make him an obvious starter in either the Dutch first or second division), seemed more than willing to let him go for what is a pretty big sum of money for someone who isn’t featuring much for anyone he plays for.

I hope my doubts are proven wrong, as that’s all they are. But recent developments haven’t eased any of the doubts I raised when he was first linked.>>

Seems to have improved somewhat under Martin’s guidance don’t you think? As yourself and badlands said, never had a good record anywhere else. Maybe he needed the treatment he had to kickstart him. His own words indicate that.

I meant exactly what I just explained to you. I will only be repeating myself.

I had never seen him play before. Risky signing. You agreed.

Now after seeing him play I think its ludicrous we kept him out for so long when struggling. If for footballing reasons then the reaction was spectacularly wrong.

If not and was for other reasons, then hard to say until we know what that reason is.

Not sure why you needed that explained to you again, but hey. Happy to help.

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 12:01 - Oct 23 with 383 views34dfgdf54

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 11:02 - Oct 23 by Dr_Parnassus

I meant exactly what I just explained to you. I will only be repeating myself.

I had never seen him play before. Risky signing. You agreed.

Now after seeing him play I think its ludicrous we kept him out for so long when struggling. If for footballing reasons then the reaction was spectacularly wrong.

If not and was for other reasons, then hard to say until we know what that reason is.

Not sure why you needed that explained to you again, but hey. Happy to help.

I’m glad you agree the improvement has been marked since Martin got to grips with him, as you said, very poor record beforehand.

Full credit to recruitment team and Martin’s management of the situation we “haven’t been told the full story” about.
Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 12:04 - Oct 23 with 378 viewsDr_Parnassus

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 12:01 - Oct 23 by 34dfgdf54

I’m glad you agree the improvement has been marked since Martin got to grips with him, as you said, very poor record beforehand.

Full credit to recruitment team and Martin’s management of the situation we “haven’t been told the full story” about.

Nobody has seen him in English football before, hard to say what it was that has sparked him to life, looks like he is made for this league.

Hard to give credit or criticism in a situation we have no idea about.

What I do know however is we clearly needed him in the first 3 games when we looked horrendous and toothless, yet he was not picked.

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 13:19 - Oct 23 with 338 viewsmagicdaps10

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 12:04 - Oct 23 by Dr_Parnassus

Nobody has seen him in English football before, hard to say what it was that has sparked him to life, looks like he is made for this league.

Hard to give credit or criticism in a situation we have no idea about.

What I do know however is we clearly needed him in the first 3 games when we looked horrendous and toothless, yet he was not picked.

"Hard to give credit or criticism in a situation we have no idea about"

UNBELIEVABLE, you really are! This is exactly what I have been saying to you for the last few days.... Now it suits!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 13:24 - Oct 23 with 334 viewsDr_Parnassus

Picture Exclusive : Joel Piroe trains with his father, left out of the Swansea C on 13:19 - Oct 23 by magicdaps10

"Hard to give credit or criticism in a situation we have no idea about"

UNBELIEVABLE, you really are! This is exactly what I have been saying to you for the last few days.... Now it suits!

Why is that unbelievable?

Isn’t it perfect common sense?

Caps or not, you aren’t making sense again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024