Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who are our leaders on the pitch? 23:23 - Aug 18 with 2131 viewsdobjack2

When things aren’t going to plan and players need either a gee up or a mouthful who in our team does it or is capable of doing it?
Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 23:42 - Aug 18 with 2108 viewsbuilthjack

Roberts once he is fit.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 00:48 - Aug 19 with 2079 viewsKeithHaynes

Last leader we had ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 00:50 - Aug 19 with 2077 viewsbringyourpoison

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 00:48 - Aug 19 by KeithHaynes

Last leader we had ?

Oli
Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 09:58 - Aug 19 with 1943 viewsKeithHaynes

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 00:50 - Aug 19 by bringyourpoison

Oli

Never a huge fan but Ashley Williams.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 10:01 - Aug 19 with 1928 viewsonehunglow

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 09:58 - Aug 19 by KeithHaynes

Never a huge fan but Ashley Williams.

Indeed
Grimes is and never has been a skipper in any shape or form.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 10:04 - Aug 19 with 1939 viewsjackrmee

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 00:48 - Aug 19 by KeithHaynes

Last leader we had ?

Andre?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 13:26 - Aug 19 with 1883 viewsCatullus

It's a very good question. The team very much needs a leader and in my opinion Grimes isn't the answer. Do we have someone who can be though?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 14:27 - Aug 19 with 1856 viewsWhiterockin

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 13:26 - Aug 19 by Catullus

It's a very good question. The team very much needs a leader and in my opinion Grimes isn't the answer. Do we have someone who can be though?

My thoughts would be Downes in the long term, was captain of Ipswich at 20.
Login to get fewer ads

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 15:46 - Aug 19 with 1826 viewsTeamofAlanTates

In all honesty, the playoff winning team of 2011 and years running up to that, there were so many players in that squad you could put as captain and be assured they would lead the team;

Williams
Britton
Rangel
Monk
Tate

I’d even go as far as saying De Vries, Dobbie and Pratley could be given the armband.

Is there anyone in our current squad that you could put in that ilk, not for skill, goalscoring, pace etc but for pure leadership?
Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 16:26 - Aug 19 with 1809 viewsdobjack2

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 15:46 - Aug 19 by TeamofAlanTates

In all honesty, the playoff winning team of 2011 and years running up to that, there were so many players in that squad you could put as captain and be assured they would lead the team;

Williams
Britton
Rangel
Monk
Tate

I’d even go as far as saying De Vries, Dobbie and Pratley could be given the armband.

Is there anyone in our current squad that you could put in that ilk, not for skill, goalscoring, pace etc but for pure leadership?

When you have a number of leaders on the pitch, as in that squad, any of them can get the rest of the team going.

Real leadership on the pitch is much more than wearing an armband and a player doesn’t need to wear an armband to be a leader. I think on pitch leadership, as opposed to players respecting other players, is something we have been missing for some time.
Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 16:30 - Aug 19 with 1808 viewsjackrmee

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 15:46 - Aug 19 by TeamofAlanTates

Williams
Britton
Rangel
Monk
Tate

DOn't think we have one IMO.

Downes possibly in future, but only due to the fact of hearing he's already captained Ipswich. Must mean someone thought he was capable in that moment, but I don't think he's ready any time soon.

Grimes is the best we have IMO. We do need to get someone in though, especially if Matt goes/

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 19:21 - Aug 19 with 1771 viewsCatullus

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 16:30 - Aug 19 by jackrmee

Downes possibly in future, but only due to the fact of hearing he's already captained Ipswich. Must mean someone thought he was capable in that moment, but I don't think he's ready any time soon.

Grimes is the best we have IMO. We do need to get someone in though, especially if Matt goes/

Sometimes an unlikely candidate gets the armband and it's the making of them. I don't see Grimes as being in that mould, what about Cabango or, for a total wildcard, Brandon Cooper?

Who is/was Captain of the U23's?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 10:15 - Aug 20 with 1703 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bennett and Naughton will steady the ship.

I find it laughable that Andy Mole, Dr Pimplepopper and Verytedious go on about how our once great defence has become sh*t - when the only regular left is Bidwell! Three of the others are injured;all vastly experienced) and our stand out rookie has gone to palace in the PL for quite a few quid.

Laughable also is their digs at so called “plastic” fans having a go at Cooper last season. WTF are they doing now then? Disloyalty to our club and loyalty to our old manager who couldn’t face the job this season.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 10:18 - Aug 20 with 1692 viewsonehunglow

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 10:15 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

I find it laughable that Andy Mole, Dr Pimplepopper and Verytedious go on about how our once great defence has become sh*t - when the only regular left is Bidwell! Three of the others are injured;all vastly experienced) and our stand out rookie has gone to palace in the PL for quite a few quid.

Laughable also is their digs at so called “plastic” fans having a go at Cooper last season. WTF are they doing now then? Disloyalty to our club and loyalty to our old manager who couldn’t face the job this season.

Naughton steady the ship!
Fair play Steve.
I don't have your ability to come up with razor sharp nicknames for this supremely overated employee.

People see things differently. You should have grasped that after all these years.

You don't agree;leave it there but cut out the crepe,eh.

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 10:41 - Aug 20 with 1683 viewsmax936

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 16:30 - Aug 19 by jackrmee

Grimes isn't a leader by any stretch of the imagination, a mouse is louder.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 10:45 - Aug 20 with 1671 viewsonehunglow

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 10:41 - Aug 20 by max936

Grimes isn't a leader by any stretch of the imagination, a mouse is louder.

He might be a leader of some description but not on a football pitch.I fail to recall a more insipid captain.

Russ should have by now replaced him .

Downes will be captain next season or possibly this season is we can flog Grimes

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 11:02 - Aug 20 with 1670 viewsjack247

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 10:15 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

I’ve always been a big Naughton fan and he’s certainly one of our most versatile defenders. I’m not convinced by either of those two playing triangles around strikers with Benda though.

I’m sure he’ll find his way into the team and hopefully we’ll sharpen up the short passing. We are always going to have mistakes in us, but I don’t actually think the passing around the back is that bad. We need to expand it to the central midfielders and wingers though. If they are all doing it, it’s a decent way of transitioning through teams and is hard to play against. As it stands, we get it to midfield easily enough, but then run out of options and end up looking for a safe pass while the opposition have all the time in the world to reset their positions.
Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 11:08 - Aug 20 with 1647 viewsonehunglow

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 11:02 - Aug 20 by jack247

I’ve always been a big Naughton fan and he’s certainly one of our most versatile defenders. I’m not convinced by either of those two playing triangles around strikers with Benda though.

I’m sure he’ll find his way into the team and hopefully we’ll sharpen up the short passing. We are always going to have mistakes in us, but I don’t actually think the passing around the back is that bad. We need to expand it to the central midfielders and wingers though. If they are all doing it, it’s a decent way of transitioning through teams and is hard to play against. As it stands, we get it to midfield easily enough, but then run out of options and end up looking for a safe pass while the opposition have all the time in the world to reset their positions.

He is certainly versatile.
He can be beaten easily in the air ,by a turn of speed or simply by being out muscled. Not ideal for central defender

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 11:11 - Aug 20 with 1652 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 11:02 - Aug 20 by jack247

Naughton and Bennett will take some of the weight off Manning to be fair. Both solid and experienced defenders.

Grimes should be taking the ball off them and giving it to Downes to charge up the field with. He’s just bedding in but has good qualities and will come along every game. Piroe must start. End of story.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 12:10 - Aug 20 with 1618 viewsjack247

Who are our leaders on the pitch? on 11:11 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Naughton and Bennett will take some of the weight off Manning to be fair. Both solid and experienced defenders.

Grimes should be taking the ball off them and giving it to Downes to charge up the field with. He’s just bedding in but has good qualities and will come along every game. Piroe must start. End of story.

Well this is it. The football the back three play between them would be fine if it was replicated all over the pitch. It is high risk though obviously. In fairness to Grimes, he drops deep, collects the ball, Downes and whoever else is in midfield are marked, the wingbacks are miles up the pitch and he’s being pressed.

I genuinely think this will be good when the whole team are drilled in it. May have a few frustrating games before then though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024