Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 21:37 - Aug 31 with 6496 viewsKeithHaynes

Confirmed. Money out for Lowe leaving.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:11 - Aug 31 with 1519 viewsChief

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:05 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

These things have obviously been spoken about at length in the weeks leading up to this day.

Is it obvious? Probably would have happened sooner if what you're saying is true.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:12 - Aug 31 with 1503 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 21:45 - Aug 31 by jack247

You’d hope so. Don’t want a repeat of January.

Or May

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:15 - Aug 31 with 1464 viewsReslovenSwan1

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 21:55 - Aug 31 by Chief

Oh yea just so happens that two managers in a row (who employ vastly differing styles) have taken a shining to Southampton's 5th choice forward. What are the chances of then?

Not like Obafemi has been pulling up any trees is it.

Scoring premier league goals is not easy. Swansea have been truly blessed with Graham , Michu, Bony #1, Ayew#1, and Llorente. All got double figures. Hotshot Gomis on big bucks, never did despite scoring freely in France and Turkiye.

Obafemi has a modest 5 in 30 odd games. Last season Richarlison got only 2 more (7) and he is rated at £80m and a starter for Brasil. No wonder he wanted the penalty last week. Andre Gray on big wages and a lot older got 24 goals in 4 Premier league seasons an average of 6 per season. A maximum of 10 and a minimum of 2 or 3.

MO appears very swift strong on the ball and seems a more rounded footballer than Lowe who to be fair to him did a real good job at Swansea. Talented young Premier league footballers available at £2m are as rare as hens teeth. It is unthinkable that Martin was not aware of him. He probably thought he was outside MK Dons price range like Downes.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:16 - Aug 31 with 1458 viewsjackrmee

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:11 - Aug 31 by Chief

Is it obvious? Probably would have happened sooner if what you're saying is true.

I wouldn't have thought they sprung it on him today.
I think they must have had conversations about Scott's list of players and who RM likes etc.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:19 - Aug 31 with 1408 viewsChief

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:15 - Aug 31 by ReslovenSwan1

Scoring premier league goals is not easy. Swansea have been truly blessed with Graham , Michu, Bony #1, Ayew#1, and Llorente. All got double figures. Hotshot Gomis on big bucks, never did despite scoring freely in France and Turkiye.

Obafemi has a modest 5 in 30 odd games. Last season Richarlison got only 2 more (7) and he is rated at £80m and a starter for Brasil. No wonder he wanted the penalty last week. Andre Gray on big wages and a lot older got 24 goals in 4 Premier league seasons an average of 6 per season. A maximum of 10 and a minimum of 2 or 3.

MO appears very swift strong on the ball and seems a more rounded footballer than Lowe who to be fair to him did a real good job at Swansea. Talented young Premier league footballers available at £2m are as rare as hens teeth. It is unthinkable that Martin was not aware of him. He probably thought he was outside MK Dons price range like Downes.

I never said he was unaware of him.

But come on, you weren't born yesterday - this isn't a Martin choice.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:20 - Aug 31 with 1395 viewsChief

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:16 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

I wouldn't have thought they sprung it on him today.
I think they must have had conversations about Scott's list of players and who RM likes etc.

Yea possibly. But again, at 9pm on deadline day Martin's hardly going to say no.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:22 - Aug 31 with 1375 viewsWalterBoyd

Obafemi is 5ft 7.

Perhaps play of Piroe.

Could be the start of a great partnership, if he comes.
Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:26 - Aug 31 with 1336 viewsjackrmee

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:19 - Aug 31 by Chief

The majority of our signings will be Allen or Scott choices, which they have run past the manager.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:26 - Aug 31 with 1325 viewsjackrmee

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:20 - Aug 31 by Chief

Yea possibly. But again, at 9pm on deadline day Martin's hardly going to say no.

He would have been asked before today. Plenty of chance to say no.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:27 - Aug 31 with 1309 viewsKeithHaynes

Same as Paolo Sousa not knowing who Neil Taylor was when we signed him. I think it was him anyway 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:30 - Aug 31 with 1253 viewsChief

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:26 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

He would have been asked before today. Plenty of chance to say no.

But he's not going to say at 9pm on deadline day with Lowe gone and no one else on the horizon is he?

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:32 - Aug 31 with 1221 viewsjackrmee

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:30 - Aug 31 by Chief

But he's not going to say at 9pm on deadline day with Lowe gone and no one else on the horizon is he?

I doubt there has even been a conversation today.
These decisions have been made ages ago.

If a player doesn't sign or turns us down, it's on to the next one on the list.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:33 - Aug 31 with 1203 viewsReslovenSwan1

If Martin picks all the players Scott and Allen may as well play poker in the Fairwood refectory. Every one has a role to play. Guidolin had never heard of Fer and Martin had never heard of his top scorer Piroe such that he chose not to pick him for his first game. Its a team effort. It always has been to Swansea.

Laudrup never accepted this and wanted total control. Cooper was sniffy about a number of players that he did not pick. He may have left because of it. If he left because the club wanted to sell Grimes (reportedly) then he might be a bit miffed tomorrow especially if he signs a new deal. Grimes was reportedly concerned about not playing and the wages not up to expectation. Swansea may be able to offer him both.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:34 - Aug 31 with 1198 viewsguthrieintherain

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:08 - Aug 31 by Chief

If I won it why the bloody hell would I have to share half of it!?

2 winners.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:34 - Aug 31 with 1195 viewsChief

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:32 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

I doubt there has even been a conversation today.
These decisions have been made ages ago.

If a player doesn't sign or turns us down, it's on to the next one on the list.

A list that just happens to contain a Southampton reserve forward that we nearly signed when the previous manager was in charge.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:35 - Aug 31 with 1161 viewsReslovenSwan1

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:27 - Aug 31 by KeithHaynes

Same as Paolo Sousa not knowing who Neil Taylor was when we signed him. I think it was him anyway 😂

Alan Curtis recommended Taylor to the club after he had worked with the Wales u21 team. Tough boy Neil and out of contract too.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:38 - Aug 31 with 1119 viewsbuilthjack

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:22 - Aug 31 by WalterBoyd

Obafemi is 5ft 7.

Perhaps play of Piroe.

Could be the start of a great partnership, if he comes.

The new Dyer

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:41 - Aug 31 with 1082 viewsjackrmee

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:34 - Aug 31 by Chief

A list that just happens to contain a Southampton reserve forward that we nearly signed when the previous manager was in charge.

Scott is still here with his lists.

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:42 - Aug 31 with 1061 viewsChief

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:41 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Scott is still here with his lists.

Yes he is

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:43 - Aug 31 with 1048 viewsjackrmee

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:42 - Aug 31 by Chief

Yes he is

So Obafemi was still on it most probs

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:46 - Aug 31 with 1003 viewsChief

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:43 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

So Obafemi was still on it most probs

I'd say that's far more likely than the name dropping off the list and then Martin independently bringing the name to the table, yeah

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 22:48 - Aug 31 with 968 viewsCatullus

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 21:58 - Aug 31 by KeithHaynes

Third bid knocked back around 6pm.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Fulham have turned to Chalobah no, I don't think Grimes is going anywhere!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 06:39 - Sep 1 with 719 views1983

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 21:43 - Aug 31 by nyc_swans

and one who could net a much higher sell on value if he has success.

Wow he hasn't kicked a football for us yet and here we are talking about selling on

AMF

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 06:53 - Sep 1 with 695 viewsvetchonian

has he signed dont see it confirmed anywhere

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 06:59 - Sep 1 with 684 viewsChief

Obafemi signs for 1.5 million rising to 2 on 06:53 - Sep 1 by vetchonian

has he signed dont see it confirmed anywhere

The Swans app confirmed it

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024