Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Food you now like 14:34 - Sep 15 with 2814 viewsGlossolalia

Yup it's that kind of week.

What food do you now eat that you used to really dislike?

For me it's olives, sprouts and sushi. There are others that I'll have to think about.

Next please...
Food you now like on 15:00 - Sep 15 with 2146 viewsKeithHaynes

Definitely all manner of fish, really excellent to cook in various ways. On the bbq is favourite. Here red tuna can be bought for around €9 a kilo. Red snapper too. Never thought I would enjoy the local ‘pulpo’ ( octopus)

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Food you now like on 15:59 - Sep 15 with 2109 viewsWingstandwood

A bit off topic maybe? There seems to be one 'legendary' food that if you dislike it you always will? Most dislikers I assume will never come around to find it mouth watering delicious. That food is lavabread.

It seems to have either a retching quality effect or the total opposite where someone just cannot get enough of the stuff. One crazy foodstuff that! There seems to be no inbetween either total dislike or total love for ther stuff.

Argus!

Food you now like on 16:03 - Sep 15 with 2102 viewsWalterBoyd

Now enjoy Calamari - the thought of it was enough to put off when younger.

Really enjoy a Madras curry , taste buds changing with age I think.
Food you now like on 16:39 - Sep 15 with 2077 viewsbritferry

Parsnips, never really had them as a child, can't get enough of them with a Sunday lunch now, god help you if you're behind me at a carvery

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Food you now like on 16:51 - Sep 15 with 2056 views1983

We have Quorn chilli's now with all the nonsense in there and the sauce you can't tell in difference plus its cheaper and better for you

Food you now like on 17:11 - Sep 15 with 2049 viewsCatullus

I'm deffo in the hate lavabread camp!

There isn't really anything I eat now I didn't used to. I used to think I didn't like Greek food, until I went to Greece!

Hang on, Tiramisu, never liked the thought of a coffee desert when I was young, I'd eat it all the tine now.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Food you now like on 23:15 - Oct 5 with 1866 viewsAndyCole

Laverbread, a proper man's food, puts hair on your chest as we were told growing up in South Gower.

An acquired taste for the gentry, they now say. Washed down with a Galician dark red (Northwest Spain region, our early brethren, uncanny similarities with our South West Wales topography too).

(though I believe we re now restricted to Laverbread and cockles from the Dee, due to train fuel spillage in the Loughor estuary earlier this year).

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Food you now like on 23:23 - Oct 5 with 1862 viewsWingstandwood

Food you now like on 23:15 - Oct 5 by AndyCole

Laverbread, a proper man's food, puts hair on your chest as we were told growing up in South Gower.

An acquired taste for the gentry, they now say. Washed down with a Galician dark red (Northwest Spain region, our early brethren, uncanny similarities with our South West Wales topography too).

(though I believe we re now restricted to Laverbread and cockles from the Dee, due to train fuel spillage in the Loughor estuary earlier this year).

The ultimate Marmite food Laverbread! Love cockles though especially when fried!

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Food you now like on 23:27 - Oct 5 with 1841 viewscontroversial_jack

Onions!
Food you now like on 23:47 - Oct 5 with 1826 viewsAndyCole

Food you now like on 23:23 - Oct 5 by Wingstandwood

The ultimate Marmite food Laverbread! Love cockles though especially when fried!

Cafe Janet in Swansea Market - The best fry up with Laverbread, cockles, the works.

Only on special occasions, mind.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Food you now like on 02:07 - Oct 6 with 1810 viewsalltjack

Tomatoes, couldn't look at them until I was about 45,I hate fussy eaters so decided to practise what I preach, love them now
Food you now like on 06:56 - Oct 6 with 1776 viewsDr_Winston

Red wine and spicy food.

Was never a fan of curry (still prefer Chinese) but over the last few years have branched out a bit. I'm never going to be one of those Vindaloo eating loonies, but a Kashmiri Murgh goes down nicely now.

Red wine I used to actively avoid until I made my own Merlot with the intent of giving most of it away. Since then I'll tuck into any of it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Food you now like on 10:58 - Oct 6 with 1733 viewsangryjack

Can't stand tuna in fact got a phobia of it. If it's been in fridge and I opened the fridge and seen it ,I will not touch anything in the fridge, an ex of mine had a grievance against me, a bad one years ago and moved back into my flat when I woke in morning to get in my car there was tuna over every door handle,had jet wash car b4 could get in..how can anyone eat it..
Food you now like on 11:33 - Oct 6 with 1728 viewsKeithHaynes

Food you now like on 10:58 - Oct 6 by angryjack

Can't stand tuna in fact got a phobia of it. If it's been in fridge and I opened the fridge and seen it ,I will not touch anything in the fridge, an ex of mine had a grievance against me, a bad one years ago and moved back into my flat when I woke in morning to get in my car there was tuna over every door handle,had jet wash car b4 could get in..how can anyone eat it..

Never mess with a Tuna aggrieved Ex 😉👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Food you now like on 13:00 - Oct 6 with 1692 viewsFlashberryjack

I was brought up in quite a poor home, so it was basically, eat what was on the table or go hungry.

Being a nutritional and cheap food, Cawl was on the menu very, very often, I couldn't stand the stuff, but it was eat or go without, so I ate.

For years, the very thought of eating Cawl made me feel physically sick, that was until about 28 years ago when my wife made some for the kids during a particularly bad cold snap of weather, she served it with fresh crusty bread (they loved it).

Anyway, the bread looked so nice, I picked up a piece and dipped it into the juice of the Cawl, since then I absolutely love the stuff, and I now make it five or six times during the winter months (Lamb or Beef brisket)

Cool story ?
[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 14:00]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Food you now like on 16:54 - Oct 6 with 1650 viewsCatullus

Food you now like on 13:00 - Oct 6 by Flashberryjack

I was brought up in quite a poor home, so it was basically, eat what was on the table or go hungry.

Being a nutritional and cheap food, Cawl was on the menu very, very often, I couldn't stand the stuff, but it was eat or go without, so I ate.

For years, the very thought of eating Cawl made me feel physically sick, that was until about 28 years ago when my wife made some for the kids during a particularly bad cold snap of weather, she served it with fresh crusty bread (they loved it).

Anyway, the bread looked so nice, I picked up a piece and dipped it into the juice of the Cawl, since then I absolutely love the stuff, and I now make it five or six times during the winter months (Lamb or Beef brisket)

Cool story ?
[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 14:00]

No CAWL story!

I love Cawl, I make it in a slow cooker. Just like Chilli or curry, it's better the next day.

I grew up in a poor home. Had a larder but no fridge when I was very young. Nothing got thrown out. We had Sunday lunch and every bit of veg left, gravy and all went in a bowl to be fried for tea on Monday.

Here we go look, reminiscing, we didn't have a proper bath either. When I was 4 it was a big tin bath in front of the coal fire, it was 1971.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Food you now like on 17:31 - Oct 6 with 1634 viewsonehunglow

Great thread Gloss.

For me,although it is not really a food,mayonnaise .For us older ones ,nearest we got to it was Heinz Salad Cream normally served at funerals.
Food I ate which I never would now is much but led by the grotesque laverbread and cockles .
I’ve never understood them although we were forced fed this on Saturday lunchtime prior to the Vetch.

Also Sterilised Milk . Those of you who think you have it hard should reflect on us being served this sheetite with Typhoo tea made with leaves not bags .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Food you now like on 19:50 - Oct 6 with 1609 viewsFlashberryjack

Food you now like on 16:54 - Oct 6 by Catullus

No CAWL story!

I love Cawl, I make it in a slow cooker. Just like Chilli or curry, it's better the next day.

I grew up in a poor home. Had a larder but no fridge when I was very young. Nothing got thrown out. We had Sunday lunch and every bit of veg left, gravy and all went in a bowl to be fried for tea on Monday.

Here we go look, reminiscing, we didn't have a proper bath either. When I was 4 it was a big tin bath in front of the coal fire, it was 1971.

"it's better the next day"

Absolutely.

Hello

Food you now like on 20:11 - Oct 6 with 1596 viewsonehunglow

No CAWL story!

Sunday Lunch.
Ye Gods, we had t make do with leftover cockles and laverbread from Saturday

Food you now like on 21:47 - Oct 6 with 1578 viewsCatullus

Food you now like on 20:11 - Oct 6 by onehunglow

Sunday Lunch.
Ye Gods, we had t make do with leftover cockles and laverbread from Saturday

I'm from 'The Mumbles' and we wuz posh!

Food you now like on 21:51 - Oct 6 with 1571 viewsFlashberryjack

Food you now like on 21:47 - Oct 6 by Catullus

I'm from 'The Mumbles' and we wuz posh!

There were no poor homes down the Mumbles, cawl was just for the servants mun

Hello

Food you now like on 22:06 - Oct 6 with 1556 viewsraynor94

No CAWL story!

A poor home? Surely everybody still has Bubble an Squeak on a Monday?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Food you now like on 23:43 - Oct 6 with 1529 viewsGlossolalia

Some lovely responses and some of them chime with me. We lived frugal but not poverty-stricken lives when I was a nipper. What I detested in particular where tinned potatoes, broad beans and courgettes. I would hide the broad beans in the welsh dresser draws, or excuse myself from the table to spit the vile contents in my mouth down the toilet. To think I'd imagined myself as a successful sleuth...
But as I've grown older I'll eat any vegetables aside from whole, cold tomatoes. Aubergines are lovely in a Spanish dishes called barquettes, and since eating at Govinda's in Swansea, I've happily eaten all sorts of wonderfully-seasoned veg!
As for cawl, we would instead have chicken stock soup. Bread, thick and crusty. A dollop or Marmite seasoned it beautifully. It would stretch for days. Not many things more homely and warming, in every sense.
Food you now like on 09:22 - Oct 7 with 1472 viewsonehunglow

Food you now like on 23:43 - Oct 6 by Glossolalia

Some lovely responses and some of them chime with me. We lived frugal but not poverty-stricken lives when I was a nipper. What I detested in particular where tinned potatoes, broad beans and courgettes. I would hide the broad beans in the welsh dresser draws, or excuse myself from the table to spit the vile contents in my mouth down the toilet. To think I'd imagined myself as a successful sleuth...
But as I've grown older I'll eat any vegetables aside from whole, cold tomatoes. Aubergines are lovely in a Spanish dishes called barquettes, and since eating at Govinda's in Swansea, I've happily eaten all sorts of wonderfully-seasoned veg!
As for cawl, we would instead have chicken stock soup. Bread, thick and crusty. A dollop or Marmite seasoned it beautifully. It would stretch for days. Not many things more homely and warming, in every sense.

You should post more Gloss.Brilliant stuff although choice of food has rather made me bilious

Food you now like on 09:29 - Oct 7 with 1470 viewsYrAlarch

Food you now like on 10:58 - Oct 6 by angryjack

You should have called the tuna police to investigate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024