Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round 11:18 - Sep 20 with 11049 viewsNotLoyal

Radio 5 LIVE & Radio Wales in certain areas will have coverage, as will Sky Sports TV LIVE but they are not covering this game. Sky Sports News have a programme covering the goals as they go in. Quest TV Highlights 10:30pm-12:00am.

Supporters latest : All match, season and away ticket holders aged 18 and over will need to be able to produce an NHS COVID pass or an NHS digital pass of a negative lateral flow test alongside photographic ID on request.

WHERE IS THE ERROR IN THIS THREAD ?

Not Loyal’s Brighton review
Russel Martin is from Brighton, personally I would have kept that one quiet. When Graham Potter was at Swansea he wasn’t there for very long due to the fact he wanted to go to the premier league. Problem was he couldn’t take Swansea back there so he jumped in someone else’s grave making it easier. Brighton is by the sea, so is Swansea, they have seagulls we have sea swans which live on the rocks in Gower. Sometimes when they are not there they don’t. Brighton is famous for ? Well, the most famous thing is in 1974 ABBA won the Euros there against Waterloo, they played in the old Brighton Dome winning without the need for extra time.

Brighton has North Laines to visit, here you can buy all sorts of crap that because it’s here can be sold for loads of money. See, it’s trendy in Brighton, and the more money you mugs spend the trendier it becomes.

The real losers in Brighton are Peter and the Test tube babies, what a fat bastard Peter is,the caravan dwelling moon pig. Why the hell they still bother I just don’t know. They may as well just sit on the beach naked. I mean being in a band for 43 years is hardly big or clever eh ?

Expect changes tonight for Swansea City in the league cup : Jurgen Locadia to return for Brighton 22nd Sep 2021 16:06
Once again Swansea City are the sole Wales representatives in a major cup competition and once again the expectation is that this will be their final game in this years league cup. Travelling to Brighton with some confidence gained from a fighting performance at Luton on Saturday, the swans will make several changes so players can be rested for Saturdays home game with Huddersfield Town. 0

Brighton: Jayson Steele (capt), Tariq Lamptey, Ed Turns, Haydon Roberts, Dan Burn, Steven Alzate, Jakob Moder, Ennock Mwepu, Alexis Macallister, Aaron Connolly, Taylor Richards.

Subs: Marc Leonard, Pascal Gross, Jeremy Sarmiento, Jurgen Locadia, James Furlong, Oddell Offiah, Kjel Scherpen.

Swansea City: Steven Benda, Ben Cabango, Brandon Cooper, Rhys Williams, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton (capt), Korey Smith, Liam Walsh, Jake Bidwell, Liam Cullen, Morgan Whittaker.

Subs: Lewis Webb, Tivonge Rushesa, Ethan Laird, Ryan Manning, Flynn Downes, Yan Dhanda, Joel Piroe.

Too many changes mean Swansea City are out of the League Cup at Brighton 22nd Sep 2021 22:22
Changes were expected from swans manager Russell Martin tonight, but the amount of changes and it has to be said players starting out of position seemed to be the downfall at the Amex stadium in Sussex. 0

Brighton v Swansea City League Cup Third Round Gallery 22nd Sep 2021 22:47
Here are just some of our shots from the game between Brighton and Swansea City at the Amex in the League Cup third round. We hope you like this feature. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:14 - Sep 22 with 1347 viewsTenbySwan

2 shots on target . 2 goals.

Same goal scorer and assist.
Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:16 - Sep 22 with 1304 viewsblackpooljack

Not getting much of a kick now this could turn into a cricket score
Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:17 - Sep 22 with 1274 viewsonehunglow

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:13 - Sep 22 by WalterBoyd

Rory Fallon commented that Cabango looks uncomfortable receiving the ball from Benda, he is on left hand side and right footed, receiving ball on outside of his right foot, rather than letting ball run across his body to his left foot, and then coming inside with it.

Perhaps a back 4 may be better.

How about the keeper simply clearing the ball 50 yards thus obviating our CHs being awkward in possesion.

Trust in Rusy myharris

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:18 - Sep 22 with 1281 viewsWalterBoyd

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:14 - Sep 22 by TenbySwan

He should have scored a 3rd.

Highlights of all matches on Quest t.v. tonight at 10.30 p.m., hopefully we get the next goal to make it an interesting second half.
Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:19 - Sep 22 with 1264 viewsBadlands

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:13 - Sep 22 by WalterBoyd

Rory Fallon commented that Cabango looks uncomfortable receiving the ball from Benda, he is on left hand side and right footed, receiving ball on outside of his right foot, rather than letting ball run across his body to his left foot, and then coming inside with it.

Perhaps a back 4 may be better.

Cabango is the senior centre half and I think Martin is asking him to be the flexible player to accommodate Williams and Cooper.
Williams is getting ripped apart and Cabango isn’t (as i keep saying) isn't a fullback. And the bench isn’t offering him much change of change.
Possibly go to a four
Williams, Cabango, Cooper, Bidwell
Or
Cooper, Cabango, Bidwell.
But there again with no midfield not a lot can help the back line.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:20 - Sep 22 with 1242 viewsWalterBoyd

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:19 - Sep 22 by Badlands

Cabango is the senior centre half and I think Martin is asking him to be the flexible player to accommodate Williams and Cooper.
Williams is getting ripped apart and Cabango isn’t (as i keep saying) isn't a fullback. And the bench isn’t offering him much change of change.
Possibly go to a four
Or

Fallon on radio saying defense overplaying the ball because midfield offering little support.
Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:21 - Sep 22 with 1237 viewsmahoss

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:14 - Sep 22 by TenbySwan

Russell is going to come under pressure soon.
Its the way we are conceding ,it’s worrying, we are clueless .......
The Cardiff game is the one I feel could be the deal breaker.
Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:21 - Sep 22 with 1222 viewsonehunglow

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:19 - Sep 22 by Badlands

Possibly go to a four
Or

It's simply the fact we cannot play this pretty pretty passing it to death game so loved by Russy.
We lost the ball twice.They took it and went forward and scored.So frigggn easy.

Sadly, we have to put up with this short term pain for long term gain. Apparently.

This is Brighton and Hove Albion btw.

Login to get fewer ads

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:21 - Sep 22 with 1227 views34dfgdf54

Possibly go to a four
Or

Has Cabango ever made a mistake through your eyes BL?

I enjoy your posts but you do seem severely smitten with Cabango.
Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:23 - Sep 22 with 1195 viewsonehunglow

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:21 - Sep 22 by 34dfgdf54

I like Cabango but he is being ripped by another clueless manager.
I feel for the lad ,I really do.

We should be truly worried about Martin.

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:29 - Sep 22 with 1144 viewsBadlands

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:21 - Sep 22 by 34dfgdf54

Yes, he's had a few problems this season especially but largely because he's being played as a full back, bad enough on his right but on the left!
I think Rory Fallon is making the same points about Cabango and saying the backs have no outlet because the midfield isn’t offering anything.
But tonight, as against Luton, Williams is being targeted and is really being outplayed.

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:32 - Sep 22 with 1099 viewsonehunglow

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:29 - Sep 22 by Badlands

Yes, he's had a few problems this season especially but largely because he's being played as a full back, bad enough on his right but on the left!
I think Rory Fallon is making the same points about Cabango and saying the backs have no outlet because the midfield isn’t offering anything.
But tonight, as against Luton, Williams is being targeted and is really being outplayed.

Strange he did ok at a much higher level at Liverpool.

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:32 - Sep 22 with 1106 viewsWalterBoyd

Manning on for Cabango
Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:37 - Sep 22 with 1051 viewsBadlands

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:32 - Sep 22 by onehunglow

Strange he did ok at a much higher level at Liverpool.

Did he?
He had an awful lot of amazing players around him there. If he was that good Klopp would have kept him.
Manning for Cabango. How many free kicks will he give away.
Cabango will be the next Joseph and Whittaker.

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:38 - Sep 22 with 1038 viewsNotLoyal

Playing well now, just been told we have hit the bar.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:40 - Sep 22 with 1007 viewsonehunglow

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:37 - Sep 22 by Badlands

Did he?
He had an awful lot of amazing players around him there. If he was that good Klopp would have kept him.
Manning for Cabango. How many free kicks will he give away.
Cabango will be the next Joseph and Whittaker.

Yes.

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:40 - Sep 22 with 1003 viewsFlashberryjack

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:21 - Sep 22 by onehunglow

It's simply the fact we cannot play this pretty pretty passing it to death game so loved by Russy.
We lost the ball twice.They took it and went forward and scored.So frigggn easy.

Sadly, we have to put up with this short term pain for long term gain. Apparently.

This is Brighton and Hove Albion btw.

The same Brighton and Hove Albion that are currently 4th in the Premier league ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:41 - Sep 22 with 991 viewsCatullus

All the criticism of Martin tonight, we'd be expected to lose if we put a full first team out and we are nowhere near our best 11 tonight, maybe some people need to recognise that?

It's a different team and they haven't played together before who are up against an EPl side ( yes it's probably wekaer too) who beat Leicester last Saturday.

Personally I don't (and didn't before hand either) care if we lose tonight. Far more important to get our league form sorted than worry about the Carabao cup this year.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:42 - Sep 22 with 981 viewsonehunglow

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:40 - Sep 22 by Flashberryjack

The same Brighton and Hove Albion that are currently 4th in the Premier league ?

Yes.Massive club.

We're teetering on the brink of the relegation zone .

Brighton wont be anywhere near there come May and I hope we are not where we are now

Russ will be praising them up make no mistake.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 20:44]

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:43 - Sep 22 with 967 viewsKeithHaynes

Cullen was the one who hit the bar.
Whittaker has been playing really well by all,accounts, getting shots at goal.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:45 - Sep 22 with 943 viewsonehunglow

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:43 - Sep 22 by KeithHaynes

Cullen was the one who hit the bar.
Whittaker has been playing really well by all,accounts, getting shots at goal.

When given the chance Whittaker does.

NB#

Russy is and was desperate for him to be loaned out

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:46 - Sep 22 with 943 viewsBoundy

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:42 - Sep 22 by onehunglow

Yes.Massive club.

We're teetering on the brink of the relegation zone .

Brighton wont be anywhere near there come May and I hope we are not where we are now

Russ will be praising them up make no mistake.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 20:44]

Being small huge or massive has nothing to do with it, they may just have better players than us , its happens

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:47 - Sep 22 with 929 viewsWalterBoyd

Smith just hit bar from 15 yds out, open goal almost.
Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:49 - Sep 22 with 905 viewsWalterBoyd

Piroe coming on. Yay
Also Dhanda.

We have missed 3 easy chances in last 15 mins.
Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TEAMS on 20:49 - Sep 22 with 898 viewsonehunglow

Seems our players clearly need coaching in the art of shooting for goal.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024