Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes 18:01 - Sep 25 with 1838 viewspencoedjack

The lad is going to be a top player for us 👍
Downes on 18:03 - Sep 25 with 1475 viewsScotia

He was fantastic today fair play.
Downes on 18:30 - Sep 25 with 1414 viewsTreforys_Jack

Said it since day 1 but apparently not a patch on Grimes.
Downes on 18:31 - Sep 25 with 1387 viewsonehunglow

lol.
Totally eclipses the most overated player we ve had in recent times.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Downes on 18:52 - Sep 25 with 1372 viewsScotia

Downes on 18:30 - Sep 25 by Treforys_Jack

Said it since day 1 but apparently not a patch on Grimes.

I thought Grimes was a weak link today. I hate criticising anyone in a Swans shirt but Downes showed him up.
Downes on 19:04 - Sep 25 with 1343 viewsdantheswansman

I love a player that gives a shit, he was right on it, brilliant
Downes on 19:05 - Sep 25 with 1326 viewsDr_Winston

Downes on 18:52 - Sep 25 by Scotia

I thought Grimes was a weak link today. I hate criticising anyone in a Swans shirt but Downes showed him up.

Oddly I thought it was one of his better games this season. I'm still not a big fan but he was much more positive than normal.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Downes on 19:05 - Sep 25 with 1332 views34dfgdf54

Downes on 18:52 - Sep 25 by Scotia

How?

Thought grimes was terrific first half, quieter second half. Nowhere near a weak link.
Downes on 19:11 - Sep 25 with 1313 viewsChief

OP - he is already is.

Does what Grimes does better, to the point that Grimes' isn't needed in there in my opinion

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Downes on 19:17 - Sep 25 with 1299 viewsjasper_T

Downes on 19:05 - Sep 25 by 34dfgdf54

How?

Thought grimes was terrific first half, quieter second half. Nowhere near a weak link.

It is a bit strange how some people on here can't talk about Downes without sticking the boot in on Grimes. Seem almost desperate for Grimes to fail, and having a player in his position have a great game is the next best thing.

I was critical prematch of picking the both of them again but it worked well first half. Downes was far more progressive than he has been previously. Carried the ball forward more, handed it off to Naughton less, and defensively he was superb all game. We only looked seriously imbalanced again once Smith and Fulton came on in the advanced positions.
Downes on 19:22 - Sep 25 with 1285 viewsKeithHaynes

Downes on 19:17 - Sep 25 by jasper_T

It is a bit strange how some people on here can't talk about Downes without sticking the boot in on Grimes. Seem almost desperate for Grimes to fail, and having a player in his position have a great game is the next best thing.

I was critical prematch of picking the both of them again but it worked well first half. Downes was far more progressive than he has been previously. Carried the ball forward more, handed it off to Naughton less, and defensively he was superb all game. We only looked seriously imbalanced again once Smith and Fulton came on in the advanced positions.

Grimes was decent today, I won’t mention Downes at this point 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Downes on 19:55 - Sep 25 with 1199 viewsScotia

How?

Perhaps weak link is a bit strong. I certainly didn't think he was terrific.

Downes was.
Downes on 19:56 - Sep 25 with 1178 viewsonehunglow

How?

Terrific in the first half then.

Scored goals,vital tackle,drove team on.

Downes is the future,make no mistake

Downes on 23:55 - Sep 25 with 1010 viewsKilkennyjack

He is excellent.

A joy to watch.

Beware of the Risen People

Downes on 00:46 - Sep 26 with 981 viewsWalterBoyd

Downes and Grimes worked well together today. Both had good games.

Downes just keeps getting better and better.
Downes on 07:24 - Sep 26 with 905 views34dfgdf54

I pretty much agree with that word for word, I believe both are cracking players but have been complaining about having them both in they are both too similar. Yesterday they proved me wrong.

The hate for Grimes I honestly don’t get, the boy has consistently been one of the best defensive midfield players in the league for the last 2/3 seasons, always puts one hell of a shift in never shirks a tackle, but fans seem to want him to fail. He’s been pretty much a constant in the side now with three different managers, not all can be wrong.
Downes on 08:13 - Sep 26 with 873 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I’m normally one but he did have a more effective game going forward for us today. The only criticism from me - he had two glorious opportunities to shoot on his left foot on the edge of the area but elected to pass. I’d much rather see him go for it because he has a sweet left foot.

I still don’t share yours and Riscas opinion on how good a CDM is - maybe I just favour Downes style which is more imposing than Thayer of Grimes. Downes was simply an artisan yesterday. Unlucky not to score too. He will get better and better - what a transfer he’s turning out to be!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Downes on 08:43 - Sep 26 with 840 viewsjackrmee

Downes is clearly showing he has a good football brain and is willing to to everything he can to do what the manager asks of him.
He is the exact type of player Martin wants by the sounds of it. Someone who is hungry to learn and keep improving in training. That then translates to performances on the pitch.

""He was incredible, it’s really difficult to single people out but he does the dirty work really well which sometimes goes unsung," said Martin when asked about Downes.

"He enables people to do their roles brilliantly, he plays with no ego at all and knows exactly what his role in the team is and Kyle Naughton and the boys at the back appreciate him a lot - I know I would’ve if I’d had someone like Flynn playing in front of me.

"It’s his willingness to learn, his attitude and attention to detail. He’s playing a very different role to the one he played at his previous club as most of the guys are, but his willingness to learn, desire to win, his athleticism and improving technical ability is brilliant to see.""

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Downes on 09:03 - Sep 26 with 824 viewsFireboy2

What tells me alot is the state of downes' kit, its dirtier than all his team mates.
Downes on 09:16 - Sep 26 with 807 viewsBadlands

Definitely a good player in a position we have ignored for many seasons.
My man of the match for me.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Downes on 10:05 - Sep 26 with 756 viewsonehunglow

Downes on 07:24 - Sep 26 by 34dfgdf54

I pretty much agree with that word for word, I believe both are cracking players but have been complaining about having them both in they are both too similar. Yesterday they proved me wrong.

The hate for Grimes I honestly don’t get, the boy has consistently been one of the best defensive midfield players in the league for the last 2/3 seasons, always puts one hell of a shift in never shirks a tackle, but fans seem to want him to fail. He’s been pretty much a constant in the side now with three different managers, not all can be wrong.

Hate how.
Nothing like.
It s a view of a player of ours.

Downes is far superior NOW

Downes on 10:11 - Sep 26 with 741 viewsThornburyswan

Whisper it quietly but reminds me of a young Leon!
Downes on 01:03 - Sep 30 with 542 viewsAndyCole

Downes on 10:11 - Sep 26 by Thornburyswan

Whisper it quietly but reminds me of a young Leon!

Oh dear. A young Leon, who was nowhere playing The Leon position, blimey. Basic stuff Thorney, get a grip if representing fans on the Trust.

Downes still isn't up to the pace of Championship level intensity - was at fault, so often. Stifles Grimes' play, in so many ways when we play the better teams.

Downes is a rookie who still needs some time on the bench watching and learning from his master in that space, Grimesy.

Rusty needs to drop him for Grimes, to get our proper control re-established at our fulcrum. Play Jay just ahead. Simplz and effective.

Schoolboy management stuff, crikey.

C'mon folks, this ain't rocket science is it ?

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Downes on 01:14 - Sep 30 with 520 viewsTreforys_Jack

Downes on 01:03 - Sep 30 by AndyCole

Oh dear. A young Leon, who was nowhere playing The Leon position, blimey. Basic stuff Thorney, get a grip if representing fans on the Trust.

Downes still isn't up to the pace of Championship level intensity - was at fault, so often. Stifles Grimes' play, in so many ways when we play the better teams.

Downes is a rookie who still needs some time on the bench watching and learning from his master in that space, Grimesy.

Rusty needs to drop him for Grimes, to get our proper control re-established at our fulcrum. Play Jay just ahead. Simplz and effective.

Schoolboy management stuff, crikey.

C'mon folks, this ain't rocket science is it ?

Heyyyy, he's back.
Downes on 02:13 - Sep 30 with 511 viewsAndyCole

Downes on 01:14 - Sep 30 by Treforys_Jack

Heyyyy, he's back.

Must have been too rocket sciency for you to comprehend, and respond. No surprise.

Says it all, for the Forum trolls, their value diminishing at a rate.

It's a pity the quality of dialogue, debate and discussion on this Forum is so quickly eroding.

Let's hope it doesn't morph into another bland Planet Swans of happy clappers..........

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Downes on 03:51 - Sep 30 with 499 viewsTreforys_Jack

Downes on 02:13 - Sep 30 by AndyCole

Must have been too rocket sciency for you to comprehend, and respond. No surprise.

Says it all, for the Forum trolls, their value diminishing at a rate.

It's a pity the quality of dialogue, debate and discussion on this Forum is so quickly eroding.

Let's hope it doesn't morph into another bland Planet Swans of happy clappers..........

Where have you been mun !!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024