Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin's comments post match 10:42 - Oct 21 with 3834 viewsThrasher6

Really interesting on Piroe and Paterson especially....(sorry to deflect from the post just put up, but these comments are worth talking about in their own context)

Post match Russell Martin was philosophical about his teams performance. “We played with such intensity in the second half, we deserved to win, I really enjoyed what we did tonight. These players are giving us everything with no ego whatsoever. We spend so much time together, I’m so proud of them and what they are achieving here. West Brom are so good, they have some fantastic players, and are a real threat. On Piroe’s goal, “Joel needs to relax a little bit more in front of goal, and he has worked well on that, he is now feeling no anxiety in front of goal at all. So it’s working. He is another one with no ego, he has dropped all of that, whatever he thought he was two months ago has gone. Jamie Paterson is the same. He fought really hard against our philosophy for weeks, then saw the light as such, he sees the connections now, and it’s paying off for all of us. We said before the game let's just please back up the performance on Sunday with another one and thankfully we have done that."
“Let’s be clear” added Martin, “We are nowhere near where we want to be, the process remains the same, the stuff we need to improve on is there for all to see. Olly ( Ntcham ) is such a leader, he is strong and skilful, and adds a different dimension to our game. He got frustrated as he had chances to score, but thats the measure of him as a player. Our frustration if there was one in the first half was our need to get forward quicker, get possession back faster, and take set pieces quicker. That’s what we want”
On Joel Piroe Russell Martin was very honest “ When I first came here I saw someone who was worried, he had just signed and the manager had gone, he was exceptionally worried to be honest, but I saw nothing in him that told me he wanted to play. From there we had a talk and he knuckled down, that first week though he was lost. He is now willing to learn, buys in to what we are doing, and is reaping the rewards, everyone can see that now, and so can he”

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Russell Martin's comments post match on 01:41 - Oct 22 with 715 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin's comments post match on 21:17 - Oct 21 by ItchySphincter

Indeed. This is all mildly amusing.

‘Give it time’ we said ‘be patient’, we will get better, but no, all we got was that the manager should not need time to implement his style, and use it as a stick to beat him with. Yet after a few short weeks the changes are coming in to play and things are starting to take shape, and they still want it all ways. It’s a load of deluded, egotistical nonsense. They should be winding their necks in in embarrassment but they’re not capable.

“Time for what” was the response.

Happy to give time to perfect a system that works, which shows it does by picking up results along the way - you were told.

Not happy to give time to a system that doesn’t work, hasn’t worked and never will work - you were told.

We were told that this system cannot change, Martin only has a plan A, we won’t be going long and we will play our way out of trouble and we will all just have to give it time or lump it.

We backed Martin to see the issues and change the system. Whether he has done that by himself or as a collaboration with the team, of which some clearly weren’t on board, remains unclear. It doesn’t really matter.

What matters is the style DID change, you and others can deny it til the cows come home - but not a single person will place that gentleman’s bet with me that we won’t be seeing 4% long balls in a single game again, or 800 passes.

The floor is open to anyone who genuinely believes the style is the same. Should be an easy win for you….

*crickets chirping*

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin's comments post match on 03:03 - Oct 22 with 681 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin's comments post match on 17:32 - Oct 21 by vetchonian

Watch Martin's interview form last night
listen to what he says about Piroe from about 2.09 minutes

I quote " he has no ego he has dropped anything".....pause "umm he felt he was or wanted to do".....that implies there was something early doors?

Totally agree about coming together but unfortunately "rubbish like this" may have some substance...amd there has been "plently of other rubbish like this " posted over recent years

Indeed, anyone who now claims there was no rift between the manager and Piroe are kidding themselves.

It was an accepted narrative on here not to long ago.

As soon as there is an agenda to push, then that is suddenly forgotten and such a suggestion is beyond the pale.

People that should know better too.

Accept we have changed the style, be thankful and move on. Why there is such a need to deny the obvious is just plain ridiculous.

Russell Martin's comments post match on 07:31 - Oct 22 with 639 viewsItchySphincter

Russell Martin's comments post match on 01:41 - Oct 22 by Dr_Parnassus

“Time for what” was the response.

Happy to give time to perfect a system that works, which shows it does by picking up results along the way - you were told.

Not happy to give time to a system that doesn’t work, hasn’t worked and never will work - you were told.

We were told that this system cannot change, Martin only has a plan A, we won’t be going long and we will play our way out of trouble and we will all just have to give it time or lump it.

We backed Martin to see the issues and change the system. Whether he has done that by himself or as a collaboration with the team, of which some clearly weren’t on board, remains unclear. It doesn’t really matter.

What matters is the style DID change, you and others can deny it til the cows come home - but not a single person will place that gentleman’s bet with me that we won’t be seeing 4% long balls in a single game again, or 800 passes.

The floor is open to anyone who genuinely believes the style is the same. Should be an easy win for you….

*crickets chirping*

Football evolves.

‘Give it time’ we said.

‘No’ you said.

* to paraphrase.

You can find new ways to argue all you want but keeping this up makes you look a bit silly, even to your biggest sycophants. I know you won’t be able to give it up so I’ll just sit here being mildly amused.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Russell Martin's comments post match on 07:43 - Oct 22 with 628 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin's comments post match on 07:31 - Oct 22 by ItchySphincter

Football evolves.

‘Give it time’ we said.

‘No’ you said.

* to paraphrase.

You can find new ways to argue all you want but keeping this up makes you look a bit silly, even to your biggest sycophants. I know you won’t be able to give it up so I’ll just sit here being mildly amused.

Football evolves if you change the style yes.

If you keep the same style then not much evolving goes on.

We were all happy to give time to do A, not so to continue with B.

You can claim whatever you like Itch, yet again you know I am spot on with this and have demonstrated how in great detail. Whether you understood, or chose not to only you can answer.

But you are right, zero chance I will back down on this one.

Russell Martin's comments post match on 07:57 - Oct 22 with 626 viewsdantheswansman

Reading what he says about Piroe just confirms that the people on here giving snide remarks about how Piroe has been treated should probably leave the manager, the man who knows the situation and doesn’t make it up as he goes along, do his job
Russell Martin's comments post match on 08:01 - Oct 22 with 617 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin's comments post match on 07:57 - Oct 22 by dantheswansman

Reading what he says about Piroe just confirms that the people on here giving snide remarks about how Piroe has been treated should probably leave the manager, the man who knows the situation and doesn’t make it up as he goes along, do his job

Don't think I have seen any snide remarks regarding it. Have you then?

I have just seen comments on what's happened with him, he wasn't treated well when he first arrived. Martin thinks there is reasons why he wasn't treated well, great.

We probably will never know the truth but all was clearly not well between them. There were suggestions of mutual apologies between them earlier on in the season wasn't there?

Russell Martin's comments post match on 08:05 - Oct 22 with 618 views34dfgdf54

Russell Martin's comments post match on 08:01 - Oct 22 by Dr_Parnassus

I have just seen comments on what's happened with him, he wasn't treated well when he first arrived. Martin thinks there is reasons why he wasn't treated well, great.

We probably will never know the truth but all was clearly not well between them. There were suggestions of mutual apologies between them earlier on in the season wasn't there?

Mutual apologies.

Brilliant.
Russell Martin's comments post match on 08:08 - Oct 22 with 608 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin's comments post match on 08:05 - Oct 22 by 34dfgdf54

Mutual apologies.

Brilliant.

Thanks friend.

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin's comments post match on 08:08 - Oct 22 with 613 viewsdantheswansman

Russell Martin's comments post match on 08:01 - Oct 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes I definitely have, and if you cannot see why he was treated “unfairly” at the start from what Martin has said then I don’t know what to tell you
It makes perfect sense to me, as clear as can be
But there again I have no bitterness towards Martin, So my judgement isn’t clouded
Russell Martin's comments post match on 08:11 - Oct 22 with 609 views34dfgdf54

Russell Martin's comments post match on 08:08 - Oct 22 by dantheswansman

Yes I definitely have, and if you cannot see why he was treated “unfairly” at the start from what Martin has said then I don’t know what to tell you
But there again I have no bitterness towards Martin, So my judgement isn’t clouded

That last sentence. That's it, hence why I keep saying, judge what you read on here by where it comes from.
Russell Martin's comments post match on 08:13 - Oct 22 with 603 viewsDr_Parnassus

Why would anyone have any bitterness towards Martin? He is our manager and getting us some good performances and results lately, I don't sense any bitterness at all.

Leaving someone out of the team after what Martin has said, would be understandable. Sending him home, taking the 9 shirt off him however seems extremely OTT if that is all that went on. Especially when at a new club.

I think that is just common sense as opposed to anything snide.

Russell Martin's comments post match on 08:15 - Oct 22 with 605 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin's comments post match on 01:16 - Oct 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Nothing is being stirred, of course there has been a rift, or certainly a large disagreement with regards to Piroe, and maybe Pato depending if we can get those comments accurately confirmed.

I said “compromise” regarding the rest of the squad, a compromise is an amicable amalgamation of ideas - why you have turned that into ''a rift between manager and the squad'' only you can answer.

But it’s clear there was one with Joel and of course it was widely accepted and even reported on here at the time “there is an issue, let’s not beat around the bush” I believe was the line used in the site story. Why we are pretending otherwise now I’m not so sure…. or maybe I have a fair idea.

Piroe was training on the beach with his Dad on his own after being sent home from the squad, stripped of the 9 shirt, that’s not a normal reaction. Pato was being called out by the manager for not being on board at all with his way of playing (assuming that is the correct quote). Whittaker finds himself absolutely frozen out

… yet many who are now in sheer 'faux horror' at the suggestion of a disagreement openly asked if there had been one with Whittaker and openly suggested there was one with Piroe. After the Bristol City win (our first league win) he criticised his players for going rogue. I think it’s pretty obvious what’s gone on, but I do tend to be more perceptive than some of the trolls on here.

Since that game we have seen a compromise and a much smarter way of playing. We have gone from 4% long balls to 12.5% long balls.

You don’t have to be Columbo to see that. But if you are expecting the players and manager to be spilling that information in press conferences then you are barking up the wrong tree, I’m sure you will be hearing how great everything always was and how great everyone is. They will never tell you otherwise.

People just don’t want to cede ground to the people that called it early, that’s all this is. Your average layman with no dog in the fight often comments “I’m enjoying our mixed play now”, “I am liking our directness now”….

Yet those who who made a stance against those that noted we needed to see a more mixed and direct style are pretending nothing has changed, it’s bizarre.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 5:52]

Well that whole post has just cemented that you have absolute no clue and have just built this story up from other posters, this site and reading quotes incorrectly.

I will tell you this, there has been disagreements but no more than any other group on a training field and Martin has been frustrated by certain things but the squad is now pulling towards his style.

The situation with Piroe was non football, won't say to much but was not unlike the Cabango situation a few months before.

I would advise you to not blindly go with such stories because it makes you look silly and worse just snowballs a non story and a non story that just makes the club but mainly for you makes Martin look bad..... Its all untrue and if you have the clubs best interests at heart then you would stop it now.

You won't though because you want to shovel the shiite towards Martin.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Russell Martin's comments post match on 08:20 - Oct 22 with 592 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin's comments post match on 08:15 - Oct 22 by magicdaps10

Well that whole post has just cemented that you have absolute no clue and have just built this story up from other posters, this site and reading quotes incorrectly.

I will tell you this, there has been disagreements but no more than any other group on a training field and Martin has been frustrated by certain things but the squad is now pulling towards his style.

The situation with Piroe was non football, won't say to much but was not unlike the Cabango situation a few months before.

I would advise you to not blindly go with such stories because it makes you look silly and worse just snowballs a non story and a non story that just makes the club but mainly for you makes Martin look bad..... Its all untrue and if you have the clubs best interests at heart then you would stop it now.

So I say there has been disagreements, you also agree there has been disagreements.

You say the situation with Piroe wasn't to do with football, Martin says otherwise...

I say the style has changed, demonstrated it and the stats back me - you say it hasn't.

And you are saying I am making things up?

Ok Daps.

Russell Martin's comments post match on 10:14 - Oct 22 with 565 viewsfbreath

Think you are seeing something that isn't there about being treated unfairly.

New manager came in he wants players to play a certain way and have a certain attitude towards him/his ideas.

Piroe was a bit shell shocked and knocked back as he had just come to the club and the manager he thought he was going to be playing for was out of the door. It just took him a bit of time to adjust, he's still a young lad and probably never come across this type of scenario before. Plus he hadn't had a great season before he came to us.

Martin said Piroe had to unlearn some things.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Russell Martin's comments post match on 10:35 - Oct 22 with 554 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin's comments post match on 08:15 - Oct 22 by magicdaps10

Don't post half stories then.
Either say it 100% or not.

You have a clear narrative and all you do is seek to justify it and it's pitiful to behold.

What was the issue?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin's comments post match on 10:50 - Oct 22 with 543 viewsmonmouth

Russell Martin's comments post match on 16:12 - Oct 21 by ploppy

Don't know where to start here, there so much mis-quoting and/or misunderstanding.

In his post match comments, Martin said re Piroe: "We JOKE with Joel all the time that he needs to relax a bit more in front of goal ...". Clearly this is a tongue in cheek reference to the fact that he's as cool as a cucumber in front of goal. He hasn't worked on this since the start of the season, that's how he always was. He "feels no anxiety in front of goal".

And re Pato: "... first 3 or 4 weeks probably fighting against what he'd been doing, or told to do, before". In other words, adjusting to play the way we play rather than the way he was being wasted at other clubs - basically, un-learning the way he'd been asked to play elsewhere. Nothing about "fighting really hard against our philosophy". Where did that come from?

Plus, this notion that there's been a player revolt and that the players took it on themselves to change the style of play, or that they've convinced RM to change the style of play is complete nonsense IMHO. I see no evidence of that.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 16:41]

It’s just the sad acts pursuing their fantasies. Ignore. Personally I would have kept all this stuff in house simply because social media and some individuals can’t wait to change it and twist it into something it isn’t. They’re crying inside and as we get better they will get worse. Loving it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Russell Martin's comments post match on 10:52 - Oct 22 with 537 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin's comments post match on 10:50 - Oct 22 by monmouth

It’s just the sad acts pursuing their fantasies. Ignore. Personally I would have kept all this stuff in house simply because social media and some individuals can’t wait to change it and twist it into something it isn’t. They’re crying inside and as we get better they will get worse. Loving it.

Any examples?

Think it is pretty much fact that Piroe had a bust up with Martin. Pretty much documented fact that the players went against instructions at Bristol and its statistical fact we play a different brand of football now with three times more long balls than previously, when we visibly refused to even when we needed to.

Not sure where this crying inside fantasy is coming from. Isn't this just accepted fact and most likely scenarios? Don't get why everyone is having a meltdown.

Unless you are talking about the potential issue with the transcribing of the comments? In which case I would imagine any error was entirely innocent and not done to stir the pot.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 10:56]

Russell Martin's comments post match on 10:55 - Oct 22 with 527 viewsonehunglow

Personally I'm loving the fact we are now winning game.
Clearly,many get off on ripping into fans a is seen when after we win a game,without fail some jerk pops up with a "where are doommongers/cooper/martin haters/booboys,negative posters now.

Take a look at the reaction on here when we beat Birmingham.

Russell Martin's comments post match on 11:06 - Oct 22 with 514 viewsvetchonian

Russell Martin's comments post match on 10:55 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

Personally I'm loving the fact we are now winning game.
Clearly,many get off on ripping into fans a is seen when after we win a game,without fail some jerk pops up with a "where are doommongers/cooper/martin haters/booboys,negative posters now.

Take a look at the reaction on here when we beat Birmingham.

Agree there I was enjoying clebrating Wednesdays win when I was mentioned in a posters thread......really I dont get some fans.....we will never all agree on players, styles etc but surely we will all be in agreement on us winning games?

I guess I was deemed negative as I was questioning our "progress" under our new manager whilst others eulogised abouot how much things were better yet despite dominating possession even as much as 72% at Blackburn we were conceding goals, not scoring or greating shots.....

Now we have witnessed a win over them up t here..with 3 great goals. and a g reat win for m being a goal down on Wednesday yet some nump ty decides to have a pop because I have defended Cooper and crticised Martin....

MY eyes didnt need drying I was shouting and punching the air with delight when that final whistle went on Wednesday.....
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 11:07]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Russell Martin's comments post match on 11:14 - Oct 22 with 496 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin's comments post match on 10:52 - Oct 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Any examples?

Think it is pretty much fact that Piroe had a bust up with Martin. Pretty much documented fact that the players went against instructions at Bristol and its statistical fact we play a different brand of football now with three times more long balls than previously, when we visibly refused to even when we needed to.

Not sure where this crying inside fantasy is coming from. Isn't this just accepted fact and most likely scenarios? Don't get why everyone is having a meltdown.

Unless you are talking about the potential issue with the transcribing of the comments? In which case I would imagine any error was entirely innocent and not done to stir the pot.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 10:56]

I’ve spoken to Corny, his notes from the press briefing and then personal interviews afterwards, plus collaboration with three other journalists present are exact and clear, if people don’t like the truth then don’t come on here looking to cause bother because you don’t like the narrative.
Any problems contact me personally.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin's comments post match on 11:15 - Oct 22 with 495 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin's comments post match on 11:06 - Oct 22 by vetchonian

Agree there I was enjoying clebrating Wednesdays win when I was mentioned in a posters thread......really I dont get some fans.....we will never all agree on players, styles etc but surely we will all be in agreement on us winning games?

I guess I was deemed negative as I was questioning our "progress" under our new manager whilst others eulogised abouot how much things were better yet despite dominating possession even as much as 72% at Blackburn we were conceding goals, not scoring or greating shots.....

Now we have witnessed a win over them up t here..with 3 great goals. and a g reat win for m being a goal down on Wednesday yet some nump ty decides to have a pop because I have defended Cooper and crticised Martin....

MY eyes didnt need drying I was shouting and punching the air with delight when that final whistle went on Wednesday.....
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 11:07]

I comment of the moment. Football evolves quickly.
What is crep can quickly become great.

The art is to hate and enjoy in equal measure as it's part of sport itself.

Russell Martin's comments post match on 11:40 - Oct 22 with 477 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin's comments post match on 11:14 - Oct 22 by KeithHaynes

I’ve spoken to Corny, his notes from the press briefing and then personal interviews afterwards, plus collaboration with three other journalists present are exact and clear, if people don’t like the truth then don’t come on here looking to cause bother because you don’t like the narrative.

Never doubted it personally. I found it very interesting.

Russell Martin's comments post match on 14:05 - Oct 22 with 435 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin's comments post match on 11:14 - Oct 22 by KeithHaynes

Keith .
Can you give me a precis of what occurred with Piroe and Russy?

PS. The only Corny I know is the John Cornforth one-legend

Russell Martin's comments post match on 14:16 - Oct 22 with 428 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin's comments post match on 14:05 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

Keith .
Can you give me a precis of what occurred with Piroe and Russy?

PS. The only Corny I know is the John Cornforth one-legend

It’s mentioned on here, just someone not understanding that journalism isn’t conducted in front of you tube, and that numerous other sources and avenues are always explored before committing it to print. That’s my last word on it, I’m unsure if the op wanted it to go this way. But it did, and as I’ve said before people who work with us are asked not to register as posters on the site. If anyone wants to speak to any of the writers here it’s Swansea.independent1@gmail.com from there a personal email or what’s app conversation can take place. That’s it. I’ve closed the thread.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024