Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby 20:49 - Oct 23 with 3843 viewsTreforys_Jack

Watching the Ospreys on S4C , what the hell has happened to rugby, its not the game I grew up watching, zero flair, its just an 80min arm wrestle, no wonder regional attendances are pathetic.
Rugby on 13:19 - Oct 24 with 700 viewsonehunglow

Rugby on 11:28 - Oct 24 by builthjack

True. Our lot boot it straight to the opposition full back. Continuously. Haven't the players and coaches got a brain?
I can't watch that shite now.
Prefer watching league.

League is much better to view

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rugby on 13:24 - Oct 24 with 704 viewsgrabsplatter

Replying to the OP I feel exactly the same way about rugby.
As a kid growing up in the 70's I used to watch Aberavon regularly but it's a completely different sport these days.
Players are physically far bigger & defences too well organised. They just look for contact & want to run through each other.
As for the aimless hoofing the ball back & fore...
Shane Williams was an exception & there's no room for a Gerald Davies type these days. Even the wingers are generally huge.
Different sport these days, some may enjoy it but its not for me.
Rugby on 13:29 - Oct 24 with 696 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rugby on 12:46 - Oct 24 by Dr_Parnassus

Drab is depending on what you like though isn’t it.

One mans boring game is another mans exciting one.

The 0-0 games this season I absolutely hated, just nonsense passing for passings sake not going anywhere. Others enjoyed it because we had the ball.

Can’t please everyone.

Winning should please every true fan though.

Of course winning pleases every fan, we are never goin to agree, you obviously consider yourself to be more of a fan than me (even though I've barely missed a game in 40yrs), and I can honestly live with that.
Rugby on 13:29 - Oct 24 with 696 viewsmonmouth

Rugby on 13:24 - Oct 24 by grabsplatter

As a kid growing up in the 70's I used to watch Aberavon regularly but it's a completely different sport these days.
Players are physically far bigger & defences too well organised. They just look for contact & want to run through each other.
Shane Williams was an exception & there's no room for a Gerald Davies type these days. Even the wingers are generally huge.

No I don’t think I’d have been playing centre now at 5 foot 8 and 11 stone.

Shouldn’t have been then neither 🤣

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Rugby on 13:40 - Oct 24 with 685 viewsmax936

Rugby on 13:29 - Oct 24 by monmouth

you're not 5' 8" more like 5'6" and that's with your best high heels on.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Rugby on 13:41 - Oct 24 with 681 viewsonehunglow

People in Union decry League but the fitness levels are higher,I don't care what anyone says.No aimless and no relieving pressure by kicking.You have to run.
Imagine our full backs catching the ball on their own line and having to run the ball out.

Rugby on 13:43 - Oct 24 with 684 viewsmax936

Rugby on 21:29 - Oct 23 by Professor

Very pragmatic display to beat a team who destroyed the Scarlets recently. The game has lost its flair and spontaneity though. The referee was excellent

Very good summing up that Prof, excellent win, I enjoyed the game.

Rugby on 13:44 - Oct 24 with 683 viewsTreforys_Jack

I often wonder is just a getting older thing, that things seemed better, but I think with rugby, it's not necessarily better or worse, just very very different. Its not for me though.
Login to get fewer ads

Rugby on 13:46 - Oct 24 with 681 viewsmax936

Rugby on 23:43 - Oct 23 by Professor

Hollie Davidson- Scottish. Former scrum half. A 5 foot five scrap of a girl . Controlled the game superbly, took no crap and was consistent and clear without making herself the centre of attention. Streets ahead of much officiating in the EFL. Kudos to the URC (and pro14 before) for having the best officials regardless of who they are

This 100% watched a Osprey game the other week, where another Female ref was officiating and it was another excellent display, no ego or look at me like a lot of male Refs.

Rugby on 13:47 - Oct 24 with 680 viewsgrabsplatter

Rugby on 13:29 - Oct 24 by monmouth

3 hours a day in the gym makes a difference though!!
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 13:48]
Rugby on 20:43 - Oct 24 with 634 viewscontroversial_jack

It's like football, the flair has been coached out of it
Rugby on 22:19 - Oct 24 with 604 viewsBillyChong

The point about contact is correct. As a football fan it’s baffling to see players with the ball run into defences when they have a man free for a pass. Makes no sense at all.
Rugby on 10:05 - Oct 25 with 557 viewsonehunglow

Rugby on 11:38 - Oct 24 by 73__73

There’s a great video on YouTube when Llanelli played the All blacks in 1973.
Those were undoubtedly great days ( before my time )
They drank Llanelli dry.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 11:39]

I drove from the place I worked in Swansea for that game. OK getting there but getting away was murder and the traffic stretched to well past the Loughor bridge.
I actually exited the ground before the Andy Hill pen as I thought I would never get out of the ground and back to Swansea.

I had a Llanelli girlfriend in those day too. Interesting town .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024