Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He doesn’t help himself 18:04 - Oct 25 with 1540 viewspencoedjack

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-59037474.amp
He doesn’t help himself on 18:34 - Oct 25 with 1439 viewsonehunglow

One guy I have pure hatred for.
One who is without shame and hope

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

He doesn’t help himself on 18:38 - Oct 25 with 1453 viewspencoedjack

He doesn’t help himself on 18:34 - Oct 25 by onehunglow

One guy I have pure hatred for.
One who is without shame and hope

Make a great manager of the Basseys IMO

Neil Lennon is another great match for them.
He doesn’t help himself on 18:39 - Oct 25 with 1431 viewsonehunglow

He doesn’t help himself on 18:38 - Oct 25 by pencoedjack

Make a great manager of the Basseys IMO

Neil Lennon is another great match for them.

I know what I d like to do to him but I d bust the swear barrier.

At least his brother is safely away for now

He doesn’t help himself on 19:30 - Oct 25 with 1371 viewsCatullus

It's another in a long line of Barton classics. He should be banned from football and kept out of the media too. The bloke makes the contents of a poop scoop bag look intelligent.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

He doesn’t help himself on 19:33 - Oct 25 with 1350 viewsonehunglow

If were our manager would he have the "support" of the fan base.
I am certain he would come up with some impressive crepe to win fans over.

Even our owners I am sure would not have this piece of garbage within 100 mile of our decent club

He doesn’t help himself on 21:10 - Oct 25 with 1272 viewsReslovenSwan1

Definition :

holocaust: destruction or slaughter on a mass scale, especially caused by fire or nuclear war.

This is with a small 'h'. The BBC journo (unnamed) was a little naughty and wrote it with a big 'H'. Joey called 'a holocaust' not 'The Holocaust'.

The word has been in the English language for centuries and well before WW2. Probably of Jewish origins. Massive exaggeration of course but this is football where words like 'calamity' 'disaster' and 'tragedy' are used regularly.

Wise sage since Toshack era

He doesn’t help himself on 21:26 - Oct 25 with 1258 viewsChief

He doesn’t help himself on 21:10 - Oct 25 by ReslovenSwan1

Definition :

holocaust: destruction or slaughter on a mass scale, especially caused by fire or nuclear war.

This is with a small 'h'. The BBC journo (unnamed) was a little naughty and wrote it with a big 'H'. Joey called 'a holocaust' not 'The Holocaust'.

The word has been in the English language for centuries and well before WW2. Probably of Jewish origins. Massive exaggeration of course but this is football where words like 'calamity' 'disaster' and 'tragedy' are used regularly.

That's ok then.

Godforbid he'd ever call a Welsh person a sheep shagga though.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

He doesn’t help himself on 21:43 - Oct 25 with 1240 viewsBoundy

Definition :

Haven't you got a lamb to tend to

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

He doesn’t help himself on 21:44 - Oct 25 with 1238 viewsReslovenSwan1

He doesn’t help himself on 21:26 - Oct 25 by Chief

That's ok then.

Godforbid he'd ever call a Welsh person a sheep shagga though.

Joey used English properly and no one need take offence. I have given the dictionary definition. The words are obviously an exaggeration. He has broken no law.

Accusations of 'a people' being prone to bestiality is "aggravated racial disorderly conduct" as proven in court. People try to wriggle out of this uncomfortable truth by suggesting Welsh are not 'a people'. The people piling into Joey are most likely to argue this with their flags and prejudices.

It is clear who you can insult and who you cannot in 2021 UK. If you are Welsh anything goes and the BBC will stay well clear.

He doesn’t help himself on 22:17 - Oct 25 with 1204 viewsReslovenSwan1

He doesn’t help himself on 21:43 - Oct 25 by Boundy

Haven't you got a lamb to tend to

I am not a farmer.

He doesn’t help himself on 22:27 - Oct 25 with 1190 viewsmax936

Definition :

Dear god.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

He doesn’t help himself on 22:43 - Oct 25 with 1169 viewsChief

He doesn’t help himself on 22:17 - Oct 25 by ReslovenSwan1

I am not a farmer.

No, you're a 'rancher'

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

He doesn’t help himself on 23:03 - Oct 25 with 1149 viewsSirjohnalot

He doesn’t help himself on 21:44 - Oct 25 by ReslovenSwan1

Joey used English properly and no one need take offence. I have given the dictionary definition. The words are obviously an exaggeration. He has broken no law.

Accusations of 'a people' being prone to bestiality is "aggravated racial disorderly conduct" as proven in court. People try to wriggle out of this uncomfortable truth by suggesting Welsh are not 'a people'. The people piling into Joey are most likely to argue this with their flags and prejudices.

It is clear who you can insult and who you cannot in 2021 UK. If you are Welsh anything goes and the BBC will stay well clear.

Are you seriously trying to equate the two ?

Really ?
He doesn’t help himself on 23:13 - Oct 25 with 1138 viewsReslovenSwan1

He doesn’t help himself on 23:03 - Oct 25 by Sirjohnalot

Are you seriously trying to equate the two ?

Really ?

Certainly not. I am not equating accusations of bestially with any other form of racial abuse. The Chief brought up the subject of sheep.

He doesn’t help himself on 23:21 - Oct 25 with 1126 viewsWalterBoyd

He doesn’t help himself on 22:17 - Oct 25 by ReslovenSwan1

I am not a farmer.

Aren't you on 'Plenty of sheep ' ?
He doesn’t help himself on 09:45 - Oct 26 with 981 viewsonehunglow

It's insulting to equate Pal Joey with anything or anyone without reverting to foul language which is entirely appropriate as he is extraordinary in all the wrong ways.

He doesn’t help himself on 15:05 - Oct 26 with 879 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Definition :

This is absolutely true technically speaking, it is the original definition of the word. But some words change their meaning over time and everyone should know the connotations behind that word in 2021. For example if a striker is really happy after scoring a goal a manager wouldn’t say “he looked really really gay out there!” because the meaning of that word has changed.
He doesn’t help himself on 15:17 - Oct 26 with 857 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

He doesn’t help himself on 15:05 - Oct 26 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

This is absolutely true technically speaking, it is the original definition of the word. But some words change their meaning over time and everyone should know the connotations behind that word in 2021. For example if a striker is really happy after scoring a goal a manager wouldn’t say “he looked really really gay out there!” because the meaning of that word has changed.

Correct, in modern times the word has become associated with a particular time/event.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

He doesn’t help himself on 17:00 - Oct 26 with 783 viewsReslovenSwan1

He doesn’t help himself on 15:17 - Oct 26 by JACKMANANDBOY

Correct, in modern times the word has become associated with a particular time/event.

The words 'nuclear holocaust' are still relevant although it has slipped from the public mindset as compared to the cold war period. An accidental calamity being the most likely trigger.

He doesn’t help himself on 20:27 - Oct 26 with 697 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

He doesn’t help himself on 17:00 - Oct 26 by ReslovenSwan1

The words 'nuclear holocaust' are still relevant although it has slipped from the public mindset as compared to the cold war period. An accidental calamity being the most likely trigger.

Well “The Holocaust” is arguably the worst event in human history. Total nuclear annihilation is just about the only thing that could trump that. I doubt history would judge a fourth division team losing to Newport in the same category.
He doesn’t help himself on 20:53 - Oct 26 with 688 viewsReslovenSwan1

He doesn’t help himself on 20:27 - Oct 26 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Well “The Holocaust” is arguably the worst event in human history. Total nuclear annihilation is just about the only thing that could trump that. I doubt history would judge a fourth division team losing to Newport in the same category.

No one argue that Joey was not guilty of blatant exaggeration. He does not seem to be facing consequences this time but no doubt will run into other controversies down the track.

He doesn’t help himse on 23:16 - Oct 26 with 637 viewsSirjohnalot

He doesn’t help himself on 20:53 - Oct 26 by ReslovenSwan1

No one argue that Joey was not guilty of blatant exaggeration. He does not seem to be facing consequences this time but no doubt will run into other controversies down the track.

It was a loathsome thing to say. He’s either woefully ignorant or it was a deliberate slight and he doesn’t care. I’ve been to the Berlin Holocaust Memorial museum in Berlin. The Germans really take it seriously. I’ve never been so effected by a place in my life.

At the very least he and the club should apologise. Any other job, somebody leading an organisation would be sacked or at least suspended for that.
He doesn’t help himse on 11:22 - Oct 27 with 549 viewsonehunglow

He doesn’t help himse on 23:16 - Oct 26 by Sirjohnalot

It was a loathsome thing to say. He’s either woefully ignorant or it was a deliberate slight and he doesn’t care. I’ve been to the Berlin Holocaust Memorial museum in Berlin. The Germans really take it seriously. I’ve never been so effected by a place in my life.

At the very least he and the club should apologise. Any other job, somebody leading an organisation would be sacked or at least suspended for that.

Jon
Joey is not as thick as some make out. That makes him dangerous. I knew his criminal family so I'll leave it there as regards that.

He read a lot in prison especially philosophy basically to analyse why he is so rotten (if I can say that).He read Nietzsche which he thought made him some sort of Academic.

I too have been to that memorial and those pillars of stone set in such a way right in the middle of Berlin for all to see really is almost overwhelming. If you go again,take a trip to Wannsee and see where the Final Solution was devised in such glorious a setting.

He doesn’t help himse on 21:04 - Oct 27 with 473 viewsSirjohnalot

He doesn’t help himse on 11:22 - Oct 27 by onehunglow

Jon
Joey is not as thick as some make out. That makes him dangerous. I knew his criminal family so I'll leave it there as regards that.

He read a lot in prison especially philosophy basically to analyse why he is so rotten (if I can say that).He read Nietzsche which he thought made him some sort of Academic.

I too have been to that memorial and those pillars of stone set in such a way right in the middle of Berlin for all to see really is almost overwhelming. If you go again,take a trip to Wannsee and see where the Final Solution was devised in such glorious a setting.

Yes, we stumbled into that after leaving the museum. It was designed to disorientate you. We went over to do the marathon, nine of us are Jewish, but none could speak for a good 20 minutes. The sign at the entrance ‘it happened before it can happen again’ shows how upfront they are.

As bad as some people make out our owners I’d hope we’d never employ people like him. I would never watch us if we ever did .
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 21:17]
He doesn’t help himse on 21:16 - Oct 27 with 467 viewsKeithHaynes

He doesn’t help himse on 11:22 - Oct 27 by onehunglow

Jon

He had a good agent when he was lost for words.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024