Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official Ashes thread 14:37 - Dec 5 with 7141 viewsCountyJim

Not much of a warm up for England but I fancy us to beat the Aussies

Remember not on sky but BT

Should be a good series
The official Ashes thread on 05:27 - Dec 28 with 1475 viewstrampie

England have been thrashed , a great day for ABE's everywhere.

Let's all laugh at England, let's all laugh at England.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The official Ashes thread on 08:43 - Dec 28 with 1427 viewsWhiterockin

The official Ashes thread on 05:27 - Dec 28 by trampie

The England and Wales Cricket Board/Team do not forget.
The official Ashes thread on 10:53 - Dec 28 with 1360 viewsonehunglow

The official Ashes thread on 08:43 - Dec 28 by Whiterockin

The England and Wales Cricket Board/Team do not forget.

Indeed and one captained by one in the past
Wonder of trampie would be speaking to Simon Jones in these terms.

We had fireboy alluding to all cricketers as posh now this crap.

Simon Jones was not posh or even middle class and was proud to wear the shirt.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The official Ashes thread on 11:06 - Dec 28 with 1361 viewscockneyswan

Knob
The official Ashes thread on 12:59 - Dec 28 with 1312 viewsmax936

68 all out dear me, a decent county team wouldn't have crumbled like that surely.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The official Ashes thread on 13:02 - Dec 28 with 1310 viewsmax936

You must be a sad individual to be constant attention seeking, wasn't you loved as a child and bullied at School, cause you are showing classic symptoms.

The official Ashes thread on 14:14 - Dec 28 with 1277 viewsonehunglow

The official Ashes thread on 13:02 - Dec 28 by max936

You must be a sad individual to be constant attention seeking, wasn't you loved as a child and bullied at School, cause you are showing classic symptoms.

I have a sister in law in Austrakia right now.I feel for any British people there a this is shameful.
Tramp has to realise Wales is simply part of England to many.

Also a Pom includes Welsh

The official Ashes thread on 14:35 - Dec 28 with 1270 viewstrampie

Sport is not just about wanting your team to win but wanting a rival team to lose, BBC Wales done an advert for the six Nations years ago showing people shouting England then came the punchline - it was the name of the team they wanted to lose, not who they wanted to win, it went down like a lead balloon with the wokes, advert was pulled, complaints came in from the PC crowd.

And I always want England to lose in sport (there might have been an occasion I would rather them win but I'm struggling to think of one), I've always been the same since a boy always wanting them to lose, their reporters tend to be one eyed and arrogant, I want fair play not bias.

Anybody But England (ABE).

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Login to get fewer ads

The official Ashes thread on 14:46 - Dec 28 with 1254 viewsWhiterockin

The official Ashes thread on 14:35 - Dec 28 by trampie

Sport is not just about wanting your team to win but wanting a rival team to lose, BBC Wales done an advert for the six Nations years ago showing people shouting England then came the punchline - it was the name of the team they wanted to lose, not who they wanted to win, it went down like a lead balloon with the wokes, advert was pulled, complaints came in from the PC crowd.

And I always want England to lose in sport (there might have been an occasion I would rather them win but I'm struggling to think of one), I've always been the same since a boy always wanting them to lose, their reporters tend to be one eyed and arrogant, I want fair play not bias.

You must have had a biter and twisted upbringing. Let it go and embrace sport for what it is.
The official Ashes thread on 14:54 - Dec 28 with 1236 viewstrampie

The official Ashes thread on 14:46 - Dec 28 by Whiterockin

You must have had a biter and twisted upbringing. Let it go and embrace sport for what it is.

I was brought up to believe in fair play, when you see the behaviour of some of the commentators from the other side of the Dyke it would put off any fair minded person from wanting their teams to win.

The official Ashes thread on 10:15 - Dec 29 with 1134 viewsGwyn737

The official Ashes thread on 14:35 - Dec 28 by trampie

I used to feel like this but quite honestly as I’ve gained more life experience I’ve grown out of it.

When it comes to sport I still want Wales to beat England far more than any other fixture. When England lose to smaller teams - Iceland as an example - I revel in it as most people would in derby type situation.

However, there are other countries sports fans I find far more annoying that the English ones. South Africans and Australians to name the big two. I’ll support England against these teams (unless it’s to win a trophy of course 😉).

That advert shouldn’t have been cancelled (if it was, I remember seeing it many times) as it did point out the myth of English arrogance. All the other countries named England to lose quite understandably as they’re the big bad brother of the group. Then the England fans all names different teams, not because of arrogance but because they don’t spend all they’re time hating everybody else.

I’d even argue that ABE shows a massive lack of ambition. Small man syndrome.

Some of the nationalist stuff on here just isn’t relevant to your average middle aged English person. Blaming them for empire, stealing resources etc. is in the past for them. It’s not in their frame of reference.

Bottom line is there’s good and bad everywhere. Mostly, it’s good.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 10:35]
The official Ashes thread on 10:18 - Dec 29 with 1126 viewsWhiterockin

The official Ashes thread on 10:15 - Dec 29 by Gwyn737

I used to feel like this but quite honestly as I’ve gained more life experience I’ve grown out of it.

When it comes to sport I still want Wales to beat England far more than any other fixture. When England lose to smaller teams - Iceland as an example - I revel in it as most people would in derby type situation.

However, there are other countries sports fans I find far more annoying that the English ones. South Africans and Australians to name the big two. I’ll support England against these teams (unless it’s to win a trophy of course 😉).

That advert shouldn’t have been cancelled (if it was, I remember seeing it many times) as it did point out the myth of English arrogance. All the other countries named England to lose quite understandably as they’re the big bad brother of the group. Then the England fans all names different teams, not because of arrogance but because they don’t spend all they’re time hating everybody else.

Some of the nationalist stuff on here just isn’t relevant to your average middle aged English person. Blaming them for empire, stealing resources etc. is in the past for them. It’s not in their frame of reference.

Brilliant post.
The official Ashes thread on 11:58 - Dec 29 with 1084 viewstrampie

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2568628/As-long-beat-English-BBC-Six-Na

It was banned.

The official Ashes thread on 12:24 - Dec 29 with 1062 viewsonehunglow

Post of the year.Any year.Bravo

Tramp needs to watch a Rugby game with Saffies.I have .They are arrogant like you could not imagine.English supporters are lightweights compared with such stupendous unwarranted arrogance. Dont forget the recent history of Afrikaner arrogance that sees it hate the Welsh as much as the English as we are British. BRITISH.

As for Aussies, it is dirt by sea-say no more.

I've watched a RWC in The Hague and Kiwis are the best fans Ive come across-at least they have a sinse of humour and their sense of superiority can be excused. They dont expect to loe.Ever. They also stick together,a a nation.Imagine that.

The official Ashes thread on 12:31 - Dec 29 with 1061 viewsGwyn737

The official Ashes thread on 11:58 - Dec 29 by trampie

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2568628/As-long-beat-English-BBC-Six-Na

It was banned.

Fair enough.

Interesting that it’s that you took from my post…
The official Ashes thread on 12:45 - Dec 29 with 1050 viewstrampie

The official Ashes thread on 12:31 - Dec 29 by Gwyn737

Fair enough.

Interesting that it’s that you took from my post…

You weren't sure if it was banned, it was, apparently it was an internet sensation, perhaps that is how you seen it a few times.

The official Ashes thread on 13:07 - Dec 29 with 1031 viewsGwyn737

The official Ashes thread on 12:45 - Dec 29 by trampie

You weren't sure if it was banned, it was, apparently it was an internet sensation, perhaps that is how you seen it a few times.

True.

Has no bearing on my other points though, hence I said your takeaway was interesting.
The official Ashes thread on 00:18 - Dec 30 with 958 viewslifelong

England didn’t lose they were hammered, a bit tiring staying up until the early hours but well worth it..brilliant to watch.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2021 0:34]
The official Ashes thread on 10:21 - Dec 31 with 863 viewstheloneranger

Travis Head out of the 4th Test with Covid.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The official Ashes thread on 17:13 - Dec 31 with 836 viewsmax936

The official Ashes thread on 10:21 - Dec 31 by theloneranger

Travis Head out of the 4th Test with Covid.

Won't make a blind bit of difference, they'll still get rinsed, again!

The official Ashes thread on 16:11 - Jan 14 with 580 viewsGruffStephens

The hosts will look to finish the series off in an emphatic fashion having already secured the urn, while the visitors hope to consolidate their performance with their last chance to secure a Test win in Hobart. Rain delayed play at Hobart and will resume half an hour earlier on Saturday. Australia retained the Ashes by winning the first three Tests and England forced a draw in the fourth. Keep up with all the action from the fifth Test at Blundstone Arena right here.
Photo via @ESPNcricinfo
The official Ashes thread on 08:49 - Jan 15 with 551 viewsKeithHaynes

Day 2 5th Test.
England collapse from 78-2 to 110-6 as Pope is caught behind for 14
Malan (25), Root (34) & Stokes (4) fall for loss of seven runs
Labuschagne direct hit runs out Burns (0) in second over of England innings
Cummins also has Crawley (18) caught at short leg
Woakes dropped twice, on 0 & 5
Hosts dismissed for 303 in first session, having begun 241-6
Two wickets on day two for Wood, one apiece for Woakes & Broad
Lyon frustrates England with 27-ball 31 from 252-8
Daily highlights show on BBC iPlayer from 18:00 GMT

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The official Ashes thread on 08:58 - Jan 15 with 540 viewsWhiterockin

Roll on next Saturday when the T20s start in Barbados 8pm starts on BT sport.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024