Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sports personality of the year(UK) 19:26 - Dec 13 with 3549 viewsmagicdaps10

If they give it to Emma Radacanu, in years to come people will be saying WTF.

1/20 in some places 🤣

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 22:13 - Dec 14 with 1272 viewsBillyChong

Steve Cooper should get it
Sports personality of the year(UK) on 22:15 - Dec 14 with 1266 viewsbritferry

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 20:30 - Dec 14 by Dr_Parnassus

I'm not picking holes, just stating what happened.

It would be silly to pretend it was a normal tournament, it wasn't, it was one heavily affected by Covid allowing something like this to happen. She still had to win the matches, but they were a damn sight easier matches than they would have been otherwise.

As I have said many times, lots of people only watch the big tournaments. Those of us in the industry watch all year round, she's a decent player, no more than that. Completely incapable of winning a Slam under normal circumstances.

I am the head of tennis for a global multi-billion dollar financial institution, I think I am well versed on the game personally, but cheers

At Paradise Park?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 22:32 - Dec 14 with 1239 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 22:15 - Dec 14 by britferry

At Paradise Park?

Not quite

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 23:16 - Dec 14 with 1226 viewsbuilthjack

It would be silly to pretend it was a normal tournament, it wasn't, it was one heavily affected by Covid allowing something like this to happen. She still had to win the matches, but they were a damn sight easier matches than they would have been otherwise.

As I have said many times, lots of people only watch the big tournaments. Those of us in the industry watch all year round, she's a decent player, no more than that. Completely incapable of winning a Slam under normal circumstances.

I am the head of tennis for a global multi-billion dollar financial institution, I think I am well versed on the game personally, but cheers

Moved on from the bookies?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 23:24 - Dec 14 with 1217 viewsKilkennyjack

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 15:00 - Dec 14 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

It’s obviously not about personality because Andy Murray won it three times and he hasn’t got one.

Murray is a good laugh mun, if you want zero personality (and zero trophies) try Tiger Tim.

Princess Anne was a disgraceful and typical BBC type winner.

Olympic gold medalist Lauren Price is the winner for Cymru.

Beware of the Risen People

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 23:53 - Dec 14 with 1200 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 23:16 - Dec 14 by builthjack

Moved on from the bookies?

Never worked in a bookies in my life, listened to the wrong people there...

I am an International Sports and Politics trader, worked in London, now Australia and likely to be New York next year, Covid permitting.

We provide odds, algorithms and feeds to multiple bookmakers though, both owned by the organisation and externally... if that's what you mean?
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 0:00]

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 06:18 - Dec 15 with 1149 viewsbuilthjack

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 23:53 - Dec 14 by Dr_Parnassus

I am an International Sports and Politics trader, worked in London, now Australia and likely to be New York next year, Covid permitting.

We provide odds, algorithms and feeds to multiple bookmakers though, both owned by the organisation and externally... if that's what you mean?

Ah right. Ok.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 09:23 - Dec 15 with 1128 viewsonehunglow

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 23:53 - Dec 14 by Dr_Parnassus

I have to say I have no idea of what you physically have to do as you arise from your pit.
You're a good read and that' s why we engage. Season Greetings anyway and make the most of your life .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 11:08 - Dec 15 with 1122 viewsScotia

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 18:34 - Dec 14 by britferry

its a well out-dated tedious show, the lowest point was when they gave it to Beckham for doing nothing in that calendar year

Rivalled by Zara Phillips winning it and beating the likes of Joe Calzaghe, Ricky hatton, Nicole Cooke and Phil Taylor.

I bet she saved every penny to buy her first pony and pay for riding lessons!!
Sports personality of the year(UK) on 18:09 - Dec 15 with 1054 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 18:34 - Dec 14 by britferry

its a well out-dated tedious show, the lowest point was when they gave it to Beckham for doing nothing in that calendar year

"Yes! Yes! He's done it!"

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 17:17 - Dec 16 with 999 viewsbritferry

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 18:09 - Dec 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"Yes! Yes! He's done it!"

Did that win the world cup then?

Nope, it got England in to the last 32... the last 32

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 17:59 - Dec 16 with 984 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 17:17 - Dec 16 by britferry

Yes that is right, the last 32 of the World Cup.

Look and listen to the joy and ecstasy in the stadium.

It reminds me of how Welsh football supporters reacted when Wales scored a last minute free kick to beat Andorra. There was even a pitch invasion!

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 18:00 - Dec 16 with 990 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 17:17 - Dec 16 by britferry

Britain's most successful ever olympiad has not even been nominated.

I suspect the BBC nominations have more to do with quotas than sporting success.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 18:08 - Dec 16 with 986 viewsshingle

The top 4 players in the world were there, only two of the top Twenty did not take part as i say stop nit picking , great win by the Brit accept it and move on.
Sports personality of the year(UK) on 18:46 - Dec 16 with 966 viewstheloneranger

May 22nd 2021: Josh Taylor became the first person in the UK to become undisputed world boxing champion in the four-belt era, and hold all the championship belts.

WBC, WBO, WBA and IBF World Light-Welterweight Champion.

A history maker.

As he said about his non recognition ... "Shove your Sports Personality Of The Year Award, right up your @rse!!" 😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 23:43 - Dec 16 with 931 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 18:08 - Dec 16 by shingle

The top 4 players in the world were there, only two of the top Twenty did not take part as i say stop nit picking , great win by the Brit accept it and move on.

So you admit it was a tournament affected by Covid then? In which she was able to navigate her way to winning it without facing anyone from the top 20? Which is of course what I said.

Glad you now agree.

Serena would of course also be top 20 (Venus not so much) if she didn’t pick and choose her tournaments and play the minimum and sacrificing points, just like Andy Murray isn’t a true 143rd in the world.

It was definitely a good achievement, but it will never happen again under normal circumstances and she will certainly be nowhere near another Grand Slam.

Always willing to put a charity bet there if you fancy? I will go one better and say she only has to get to the final for you to win, how’s that for nit picking?

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 00:14 - Dec 17 with 920 viewsbuilthjack

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 17:59 - Dec 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It reminds me of how Welsh football supporters reacted when Wales scored a last minute free kick to beat Andorra. There was even a pitch invasion!

Bit like the Iceland fans when they beat England that.

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 18:29 - Dec 17 with 885 viewsshingle

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 23:43 - Dec 16 by Dr_Parnassus

So you admit it was a tournament affected by Covid then? In which she was able to navigate her way to winning it without facing anyone from the top 20? Which is of course what I said.

Glad you now agree.

Serena would of course also be top 20 (Venus not so much) if she didn’t pick and choose her tournaments and play the minimum and sacrificing points, just like Andy Murray isn’t a true 143rd in the world.

It was definitely a good achievement, but it will never happen again under normal circumstances and she will certainly be nowhere near another Grand Slam.

Always willing to put a charity bet there if you fancy? I will go one better and say she only has to get to the final for you to win, how’s that for nit picking?

More of the worlds top twenty players took part this year which is the best since 2017 when 19 of the worlds top twenty took part took part so your argument is rubbish you simply have no idea really, your nit picking due to a number of lower ranked players withdrawing you even think Serena Williams is still ranked in the top twenty when she lost her top twenty ranking in 2020 so again your utterly clueless on this particular subject.
Sports personality of the year(UK) on 10:39 - Dec 18 with 812 viewsbritferry

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 17:59 - Dec 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I bet all the UK World champions were delighted that somebody getting a football team in to the last 32 were over-joyed for him.

I don't see what Wales-Andorra has got to do with this anyway, just you clutching at straws as per usual.

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 11:25 - Dec 18 with 809 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 23:24 - Dec 14 by Kilkennyjack

Murray is a good laugh mun, if you want zero personality (and zero trophies) try Tiger Tim.

Princess Anne was a disgraceful and typical BBC type winner.

Olympic gold medalist Lauren Price is the winner for Cymru.

Princess Ann was of course an Olympic gold medal winner and was voted sports personality of the year by the British public.
It was not an award given by the BBC. Yet again your bigotry and hatred of your country prevents you checking the facts.

In 1971 there were 10 nominations and a public postal vote.

Unlike today where the Woke BBC picks a small list of nominees to tick all their quota diversity boxes. The winner is decided by a small TV audience voting online for a period of an hours or so .
[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 11:29]

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 11:27 - Dec 18 with 809 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 08:13 - Dec 14 by Scotia

She won a tournament, which was a hell of an achievement.

It doesn't come close to the achievements of Adam Peaty, Sarah Storey or Tyson Fury though.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 9:16]

Or even Jason Kenny winner of 7 gold medals the most by any UK Olympian.

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 11:46 - Dec 18 with 802 viewsmax936

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 00:14 - Dec 17 by builthjack

Bit like the Iceland fans when they beat England that.

You missed out Iceland "easily" beating England.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 22:13 - Dec 19 with 733 viewsKilkennyjack

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 11:25 - Dec 18 by felixstowe_jack

Princess Ann was of course an Olympic gold medal winner and was voted sports personality of the year by the British public.
It was not an award given by the BBC. Yet again your bigotry and hatred of your country prevents you checking the facts.

In 1971 there were 10 nominations and a public postal vote.

Unlike today where the Woke BBC picks a small list of nominees to tick all their quota diversity boxes. The winner is decided by a small TV audience voting online for a period of an hours or so .
[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 11:29]

When did Princess Anne win an Olympic gold medal then ?

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 07:04 - Dec 20 with 668 viewsbuilthjack

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 22:13 - Dec 19 by Kilkennyjack

When did Princess Anne win an Olympic gold medal then ?

She did win gold. At the 1971 Burghley 3 day event !!

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 08:02 - Dec 20 with 651 viewsKilkennyjack

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 07:04 - Dec 20 by builthjack

She did win gold. At the 1971 Burghley 3 day event !!

🤣🤣🤣

Dont spoil my fun mun .. 🤣

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024