Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club 11:40 - Dec 14 with 5806 viewsSwansIndependent

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club 14th Dec 2021 11:39
New Swansea City sensation, twenty two year old Joel Piroe has become the focus of interest by a number of Premier League clubs in the last five weeks. One in particular. We have taken time to review links to Joel, and review the information and the people involved. We now have confirmation he is of serious interest to Leicester City. 1

Latest on a fox on the run, click above.
Twitter below.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 17:15 - Dec 16 with 1104 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 17:05 - Dec 16 by Chief

No what actually happens is business people deliberately conflate the term even to the point that some journalists spout as fact that the Americans "have invested' in the Swans. Well we know better but it makes for an impressive headline. In reality, they bought shares. Huge difference in buying shares and actually investing although the term is used (incorrectly and disingenuously) for both things.

And so what? As with Petty, the money Mindy paid went to the sellouts. What's so impressive about this? As I say the trust's business is far better than Mindy's which is worth less than when she bought in during very good times.

Not like you to be disingenuous and omit things but I'm afraid I'll have to here Resloven. The trust also contributed hugely to clubs rise so don't pretend they didnt. And should huws hard work allow him to then disregard and the disrespect the trust the way he did when selling the club? To people who could well soon dilute the trust's holding lower? What do I keep telling you about balance? You may gain some credibility if you exercised it occasionally.

As per the other thread, will you be brave to admit that the trust should have been invited and kept fully informed? Or are you going to cachu the bed again? The trust have requested the details. You know this.

Reform in what way? Why? Because they question you're beloved Americans on matters regarding the club you claim to support? Get a grip. In your last paragraph you've literally described a CLN whereby a 21% Shareholder was excluded yet you conclude it's the excluded that needs reform?

You are a fraud. You fraudalenty claim to be merely a supporter of the club.

I have reported you to the administrator for abuse not for the first time. I am a simple fan that most recently work ed on the railways. You seem like a bully to me demanding the final word on everything.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 17:16 - Dec 16 with 1103 viewsChief

Anyway, apologies for having to put the record straight.

Let's hope Piroe stays and continues to thrive.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 17:37 - Dec 16 with 1088 viewsChief

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 17:15 - Dec 16 by ReslovenSwan1

I have reported you to the administrator for abuse not for the first time. I am a simple fan that most recently work ed on the railways. You seem like a bully to me demanding the final word on everything.

You've just amply demonstrated my point with this post.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 23:50 - Dec 16 with 1012 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 16:51 - Dec 16 by ReslovenSwan1

Buying shares in a company is called an 'investment'. Football people get confused over this word. Swansea city is a company and she bought shares in it. The SCST bought shares in 2002 and some of their money went into he pockets of Tony Petty to buy him out.

I made the point that she has invested more of her money in Swansea city shares than the Trust have. The Trust's contribution to the club is £200k, They have since taken out around £600k in dividends. There is not doubt at all that their investment was real good business thanks to the work of Huw Jenkins and co. If anyone deserves a Christmas card it is him.

There appears to be no requirement legally for the club to invite shareholders to loan the club money. They have not invited them and the SCST I presume have not expressed an interest while knowing the basic details. Take the matter up with Mr Winter. He held a structured dialogue the other day and there were no complaints.

The SCST need reform. The SCST have taken more out of the club in dividends than they ever put in investment. This needs to be recognised.

You should not use abusive phrases like 'Fraud'. It is against the rules.

“I made the point that she has invested more of her money in Swansea city shares than the Trust have.”

Again not quite what you said, if you had said that then you wouldn’t have had any comeback, because it’s accurate.

Post your quote here and I’ll point out the difference, although I’m already sure you know the intentional subtle linguistic alteration…

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 00:34 - Dec 17 with 1003 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 23:50 - Dec 16 by Dr_Parnassus

“I made the point that she has invested more of her money in Swansea city shares than the Trust have.”

Again not quite what you said, if you had said that then you wouldn’t have had any comeback, because it’s accurate.

Post your quote here and I’ll point out the difference, although I’m already sure you know the intentional subtle linguistic alteration…

I rewrote it for the 'pedantics' to understand. Both phrases were accurate. You talk of "passive punt". I have never heard of this description in investment. Perhaps it a gambling term. Your knowledge on that field puts me to shame.

An 'investment' in shares is independent of how the money is actually used. The Trust invested £200k in the club as a 'start up' investment. Some of their money went to pay off Tony Petty. This is what you call "passive". I have not heard of a passive investment. All of Mindi s money went to buy out he sellers.

She now holds the reigns and with her colleagues can decide to invest fresh capital or pay them selves dividends or special dividends. The narrative of those that promote legal action was that they would asset strip not invest. They were wrong. I told them they were wrong. I was one of very few. The vote to go to court was based on a false narrative.

The SCST have subtly changed the narrative. The issue now is not asset stripping but the reverse. Investment. In the last statement they highlighted dilution as the threat not dilution. Dilution is actually less than inflation. The Huw Jenkins reign up until around 2015 was masterful. He actually pointed out to his partners he could no longer ensure success. This was around the time Shelvey was sold. No one listened.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 07:08 - Dec 17 with 969 viewsChief

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 00:34 - Dec 17 by ReslovenSwan1

I rewrote it for the 'pedantics' to understand. Both phrases were accurate. You talk of "passive punt". I have never heard of this description in investment. Perhaps it a gambling term. Your knowledge on that field puts me to shame.

An 'investment' in shares is independent of how the money is actually used. The Trust invested £200k in the club as a 'start up' investment. Some of their money went to pay off Tony Petty. This is what you call "passive". I have not heard of a passive investment. All of Mindi s money went to buy out he sellers.

She now holds the reigns and with her colleagues can decide to invest fresh capital or pay them selves dividends or special dividends. The narrative of those that promote legal action was that they would asset strip not invest. They were wrong. I told them they were wrong. I was one of very few. The vote to go to court was based on a false narrative.

The SCST have subtly changed the narrative. The issue now is not asset stripping but the reverse. Investment. In the last statement they highlighted dilution as the threat not dilution. Dilution is actually less than inflation. The Huw Jenkins reign up until around 2015 was masterful. He actually pointed out to his partners he could no longer ensure success. This was around the time Shelvey was sold. No one listened.

Yes thank you for finally rephrasing so it reads more accurately. Buying shares is what you should have said. But again not entirely sure what you're getting at with that point. The trusts purchase of shares which helped rid the club of Petty was far more important for the club and astute than Mindy's purchase which is struggling.

Can Mindy and the rest of them pay themselves dividends when the club officially has outstanding debts then? Which currently stands at least £10million and Winter said could increase even further soon? Or have you just made that up?

You've literally said on this thread that the Americans have drawn up plans to 'lumber' the club with the personal bills from the case. Presumably this means having to sell players? You could say this would look like an asset stripping exercise? But you've concocted that in your head anyway - the members still want action, despite as you say there being no asset stripping by your own admission. So you're the one who has created the false narrative, purely to attack the trust again.

You mean SCST outwardly and publically responded to events relating to the club as they've occurred! Haha brilliant spin for Resloven. Luckily we won't let it go unabated. But it's another complete lie. Where have the trust ever stated anything about asset stripping? Never from what I've seen. Dilution however, has been a very strong concern from the very beginning of entities being interested in the club. Becomes more stark when such entities collude to exclude the trust while buying the club, and even more in focus when the trust are excluded from CLNs that are brought into being which could lead to dilution.

And since Huws reign his predecessors have been unable to ensure or achieve success either.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 07:57 - Dec 17 with 962 viewsmagicdaps10

It's like groundhog day on here!

The post is about Joel Piroe.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 08:56 - Dec 17 with 944 viewsmax936

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 07:57 - Dec 17 by magicdaps10

It's like groundhog day on here!

The post is about Joel Piroe.

Absolutely Dap's, its pathetically sad.

Anyway I really hope we can keep Piroe until the summer at least, we're gonna need him. I've spoke to a few hardened Swans fans lately and none of us have any faith in Martin, unless we can but a run of win's together we'll be on the very edge of a slippery slope, hopefully the players can show some pride and force change and take matters in their own hands on game day's.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 09:36 - Dec 17 with 916 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 00:34 - Dec 17 by ReslovenSwan1

It certainly would, so would my knowledge of investments, my portfolio is extensive. There is no active participation in the investment from Mindi, it’s no different to putting money into an NFT and hoping for an increase in value. It’s a passive investment not a placing of money into a club, the money was put into shares of a club. Huge difference.

Nothing pedantic about what has been pointed out. You wanted to portray that Mindi Kalling has put more money into supporting the club than the Trust, I’m no great fan of the Trust but Mindi Kalling has put nothing into the financial support of the club - unless you know different.

So if your point was that her shares were more expensive than what the Trusts were all those years ago then yes you are correct. I’m not sure what point that makes though?

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 15:48 - Dec 17 with 861 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 09:36 - Dec 17 by Dr_Parnassus

It certainly would, so would my knowledge of investments, my portfolio is extensive. There is no active participation in the investment from Mindi, it’s no different to putting money into an NFT and hoping for an increase in value. It’s a passive investment not a placing of money into a club, the money was put into shares of a club. Huge difference.

Nothing pedantic about what has been pointed out. You wanted to portray that Mindi Kalling has put more money into supporting the club than the Trust, I’m no great fan of the Trust but Mindi Kalling has put nothing into the financial support of the club - unless you know different.

So if your point was that her shares were more expensive than what the Trusts were all those years ago then yes you are correct. I’m not sure what point that makes though?

Sorry I do not know what you are talking about. It is not investment speak you will read in the broadsheets or seen on Bloomberg. It all sounds convincing to the non discerning reader It makes no sense to me.

""There is no active participation in the investment from Mindi"". If you said her money is not "fresh capital" money Winter can spend like the CLN then I might understand your point. The money invested belonged to Mindi and she owned or at least did own part of Swansea city as part of the Levien consortium. That is active participation.

The SCST have invested £200k in Swansea city shares. Mindi has invested much more in Swansea city shares. There is no difference both have invested. Mindi bought her shares off people that could no longer run the club. It was in my opinion good for Swansea. Her 'financial commitment' to Swansea city is greater than that of the SCST in my view (assuming she has not sold). The SCST big themselves up with the aid of forum sympathisers and misty eyed leftist sentiments but to me they are found seriously wanting. They should be demanding to be part of the CLN for lots of reasons.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 16:03 - Dec 17 with 854 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 15:48 - Dec 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Sorry I do not know what you are talking about. It is not investment speak you will read in the broadsheets or seen on Bloomberg. It all sounds convincing to the non discerning reader It makes no sense to me.

""There is no active participation in the investment from Mindi"". If you said her money is not "fresh capital" money Winter can spend like the CLN then I might understand your point. The money invested belonged to Mindi and she owned or at least did own part of Swansea city as part of the Levien consortium. That is active participation.

The SCST have invested £200k in Swansea city shares. Mindi has invested much more in Swansea city shares. There is no difference both have invested. Mindi bought her shares off people that could no longer run the club. It was in my opinion good for Swansea. Her 'financial commitment' to Swansea city is greater than that of the SCST in my view (assuming she has not sold). The SCST big themselves up with the aid of forum sympathisers and misty eyed leftist sentiments but to me they are found seriously wanting. They should be demanding to be part of the CLN for lots of reasons.

Not sure how else to explain it to you.

It’s not an active investment, it’s a passive one. A set and forget type module. You tried to make out that she was putting money into the club to help it prosper, what you meant was she put money into personal shares in the hope it would prosper - but unwilling to further invest in the club itself to ensure it does.. unless of course you know different?

Is she providing the club with favourably priced loans or something of that nature? Or are you just trying to broadly suggest she is doing something she isn’t and hoping people don’t focus on the linguistic games you are playing here?

She bought her shares for more than the Trust did, because they were more valuable at the time of purchase. Not sure what point you are making with that.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 16:19 - Dec 17 with 849 viewsChief

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 15:48 - Dec 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Showing your ignorance here Resloven. I'm no expert but she's the very epitome of a sleeping partner. And there's plenty she could do with her level of stardom (see Wrecsam). She chooses not to despite owning some shares. She hasn't been reported to have been involved in the CLN so you can't claim that either.

If there's no difference, why do you keep going on about it? A few posters have asked you what your point is. The trust's holding is far higher and worth more than hers though. As well as actually participating in the daily running of the club. So she may have spent more (on what's currently a bad investment), her commitment is in reality miniscule. No matter how you dress it up. And let's face it, she's a lady of considerable means and probably multiple venture's. What she paid for her slice means next to nothing to her. She might have even forgotten she paid in.

Ah back to criticising the trust. 'found wanting'? In what sense exactly? Or just another of your soundbytes you can't back up? We established on another thread that you're hiding from that the trust were excluded from the CLN. So clearly it's the parties that didn't invite them nor still kept them informed that have been found wanting. Yet another staggering example of your warped bias.

And cowardice.

But quite what Mindy kalling paid for her shares has to do with Leicester looking at Piroe though I really don't know.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 16:34]

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 21:23 - Dec 17 with 798 viewsReslovenSwan1

Anyone who says the truth and tells people that a not well known US actress (in the UK) has invested more of her money buying shares in Swansea city that the 1000+ strong Trust (over 20 years of service) is not going to go down well with the members who pay £5 a year to work out how to give the club a headache.

Clarifications, timings, importance of the money, fancy jargon does not change the fact that Mindi (god bless her) individually and her chums have invested more in buying Swansea city shares and made a bigger financial commitment in hard cash to the club.

She and her chums may also have provided fresh capital for the club to allow them to buy Piroe with the CLN. The Trust could also do this but have spent a year "waiting for clarification". No one is really bothered to be honest. On top of that Mindi has allowed her money (notionally) to subsidise season ticket holders to the tune of over £100 each. I have not seen a word of thanks.

UK inflation hit 5% last week. Silverstein and co are effectively lending the money for nothing in real terms as we speak. The interest will only just cover the increase in a basket of UK provisions.

I expect barbs and insults and helpful explanations from those supposedly wiser than me but it goes with the territory. Dim activists like Chief and his side kick will deflect and insult but cannot hide the truth that the SCST have been badly run.

Young Joel will help pay off the owners debts who have to pay the SCST if worst comes to worst. This is another unpalatable fact. The difference between the market valuation of the Trusts shares and the 2016 valuation is £13m. The same amount quoted by Winter as the CLN.

It all about Piroe. My valuation is £13m not a penny less.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 22:10 - Dec 17 with 778 viewsAndyCole

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 08:56 - Dec 17 by max936

Absolutely Dap's, its pathetically sad.

Anyway I really hope we can keep Piroe until the summer at least, we're gonna need him. I've spoke to a few hardened Swans fans lately and none of us have any faith in Martin, unless we can but a run of win's together we'll be on the very edge of a slippery slope, hopefully the players can show some pride and force change and take matters in their own hands on game day's.

Well done for trying to wrest this thread back on track.

What you and your hardened Swans fans are feeling is precisely what the investors are feeling, as I understand.

Slumped down to 16th with the very worst form record in the league, right now. Even Cardiff has better form.

Totally unacceptable for a team that's so very accustomed to being in the top echelon.

If Piroe goes, we are truly hecked.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 22:12 - Dec 17 with 778 viewsChief

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 21:23 - Dec 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Anyone who says the truth and tells people that a not well known US actress (in the UK) has invested more of her money buying shares in Swansea city that the 1000+ strong Trust (over 20 years of service) is not going to go down well with the members who pay £5 a year to work out how to give the club a headache.

Clarifications, timings, importance of the money, fancy jargon does not change the fact that Mindi (god bless her) individually and her chums have invested more in buying Swansea city shares and made a bigger financial commitment in hard cash to the club.

She and her chums may also have provided fresh capital for the club to allow them to buy Piroe with the CLN. The Trust could also do this but have spent a year "waiting for clarification". No one is really bothered to be honest. On top of that Mindi has allowed her money (notionally) to subsidise season ticket holders to the tune of over £100 each. I have not seen a word of thanks.

UK inflation hit 5% last week. Silverstein and co are effectively lending the money for nothing in real terms as we speak. The interest will only just cover the increase in a basket of UK provisions.

I expect barbs and insults and helpful explanations from those supposedly wiser than me but it goes with the territory. Dim activists like Chief and his side kick will deflect and insult but cannot hide the truth that the SCST have been badly run.

Young Joel will help pay off the owners debts who have to pay the SCST if worst comes to worst. This is another unpalatable fact. The difference between the market valuation of the Trusts shares and the 2016 valuation is £13m. The same amount quoted by Winter as the CLN.

Why would the members care? As I've told you the trust have been there since the worst of times and have a larger and more valuable holdinh than Kalling. As well as a more obvious emotional attachment and actually aid the day to day running of the club. So still, what's your point?

The trust should (and hopefully do) give the American owners a headache. However if they did things correctly the trust wouldn't have to do that. The recent CLN scandal shows the trust are still bang on the money in giving the Americans a headache. I'm very grateful that they do. £10 is a tiny price to pay.

And? No one's ever denied they pay money for their shares. What are you trying to get at? The difference there though is that they don't have an emotional commitment. While Mindy could easily afford to switch off and not be able to pick Swansea out on a map and lose not an iota of sleep if she lost all her outlay, that's nothing compared to the trust's attachment.

Yes, is it acceptable that the trust have had to wait so long for the details to be revealed? Ah of course 'no one is really bothered'. Again you're letting your mask slip. If it was the opposite way round you'd be having a right tantrum. You don't apply the same standards to the parties. Ridiculously biased. You're a fraud.

Has Mindy done that? There's no indication that she's part of the CLN so that's inaccurate isn't it? Plus it's money the club have to pay back with interest. And you're lying again - there's been plenty of thanks to the club for the cost.

They weren't previously though we're they? It appears they've been caught out by this development. Maybe this will urge them to convert.

Whey 'dim activist'. Another unsubstantiated insult? Care to elaborate? Badly run? In what way? Thru invested 200k initially to help rid of Petty and contributed and still provide a valuable service to club today. Oh and they could well soon receive a windfall to help safeguard the future of the club. So how exactly is that badly run - in your own words "no mark up of the magnitude could ever be considered a bad deal". So yet another unsubstantiated claim. This is becoming a bad habit of yours.

Why would Silverstein do that? He can own shares for a lot less, he's got an agreement in place for that already if he wants. Why would he suddenly rip that up to buy more expensive shares in the same entity? If he wants the trust's shares, why not bid for them not a slightly lower price than what the Americans may be forced to pay and save everyone the expense and trouble of going to court. And you call me dim! Well what an utterly stupid thing to suggest he'd do. And it's fact? Is it? When are they going to publicly announce this then? Or is this something else you've made up?

You're a complete and utter fantastist.

Earlier on you were saying there's a new a CLN on the horizon. So that'll take it beyond £13mill. So it's got fvck all to do with Piroe has it you clown.

You're valuation is £13million and nobody cares.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 22:37 - Dec 17 with 756 viewsAndyCole

Your last few words, 'Chief' (Chief ? such the misnomer) - 'nobody cares'.

You continue to derail proper threads, in this case a proper thread initiated by the OP with some proper deep dive research, analysis and massive value add.

Yet you continue to try and steal the limelight. Fraud, in Chief.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 22:41 - Dec 17 with 751 viewsChief

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 22:37 - Dec 17 by AndyCole

Your last few words, 'Chief' (Chief ? such the misnomer) - 'nobody cares'.

You continue to derail proper threads, in this case a proper thread initiated by the OP with some proper deep dive research, analysis and massive value add.

Yet you continue to try and steal the limelight. Fraud, in Chief.

I suggest you scroll and see who did actually derail it.

It wasn't me that started rabbiting on about Mindy Kalling or the trust on a thread about Leicester looking at Piroe was it.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 23:18 - Dec 17 with 728 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 21:23 - Dec 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Don’t get prickly.

That isn’t what you said, if you had said that initially then nobody would have said anything. You initially said Mindi had invested more money into the club… you correctly later changed that “into shares” when pulled up, and blaming other people for noticing your linguistic alterations.

What do you mean by “she and her chums”? Does she know any of them? I think that you are trying to do there with this latest linguistic game is tie other peoples financial investments to her in some way.

You have been asked if you know if she has put any money into the club since buying her passive shares, yet you have conveniently ignored it every time.

You have to be far smarter to get one past me I assure you, changing a word here and there and hoping I won’t notice won’t work. You are wasting your time.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 16:35 - Dec 18 with 651 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 23:18 - Dec 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Don’t get prickly.

That isn’t what you said, if you had said that initially then nobody would have said anything. You initially said Mindi had invested more money into the club… you correctly later changed that “into shares” when pulled up, and blaming other people for noticing your linguistic alterations.

What do you mean by “she and her chums”? Does she know any of them? I think that you are trying to do there with this latest linguistic game is tie other peoples financial investments to her in some way.

You have been asked if you know if she has put any money into the club since buying her passive shares, yet you have conveniently ignored it every time.

You have to be far smarter to get one past me I assure you, changing a word here and there and hoping I won’t notice won’t work. You are wasting your time.

No did not say this

"You initially said Mindi had invested more money INTO the club". I did not use these words. You have made an error.

I said Mindi Has invested more "in" Swansea City than the Trust. This is true and means cash of course. To help the pedantic people, I clarified it by says she had invested more in 'Swansea city shares' which to financial people is much the same thing. This is not a fresh capital investment but is still an investment.

The CLN is a fresh capital investment if it is converted, as expected by Mr Winter. The 28 (including Ms Mindi perhaps) may have contributed to that as well. We usually find out this later from leaks.

Mr Winter says £1.7m of the CLN was used to subsidise the season ticket holders to the tune of a over £100 each. I have asked why the SCST have not contributed their fair share. Chief tells me they are still 'waiting for clarification'. To my understanding in effect notionally Mindi's money is helping to subsidises the 10,000 season ticket holders and the SCST are not contributing. They can do this independently of course.

The CLN possibly including Mindi's contribution (or at least people like Mindi) paid for Piroe Obafemi and Downes for less than £2-3m. Good business on the face of it.

I sent a happy Xmas message to Mindi for subsiding season tickets. The dim activist was appalled and called me 'fraud'. Its allowed on here apparently. Apparently no 'true fan' would thank anyone for a cash subsidy of their season tickets. You would need to be a "fraud" to do that,

Forums are for debate. Reject abuse.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 16:44]

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 17:18 - Dec 18 with 626 viewsChief

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 16:35 - Dec 18 by ReslovenSwan1

No did not say this

"You initially said Mindi had invested more money INTO the club". I did not use these words. You have made an error.

I said Mindi Has invested more "in" Swansea City than the Trust. This is true and means cash of course. To help the pedantic people, I clarified it by says she had invested more in 'Swansea city shares' which to financial people is much the same thing. This is not a fresh capital investment but is still an investment.

The CLN is a fresh capital investment if it is converted, as expected by Mr Winter. The 28 (including Ms Mindi perhaps) may have contributed to that as well. We usually find out this later from leaks.

Mr Winter says £1.7m of the CLN was used to subsidise the season ticket holders to the tune of a over £100 each. I have asked why the SCST have not contributed their fair share. Chief tells me they are still 'waiting for clarification'. To my understanding in effect notionally Mindi's money is helping to subsidises the 10,000 season ticket holders and the SCST are not contributing. They can do this independently of course.

The CLN possibly including Mindi's contribution (or at least people like Mindi) paid for Piroe Obafemi and Downes for less than £2-3m. Good business on the face of it.

I sent a happy Xmas message to Mindi for subsiding season tickets. The dim activist was appalled and called me 'fraud'. Its allowed on here apparently. Apparently no 'true fan' would thank anyone for a cash subsidy of their season tickets. You would need to be a "fraud" to do that,

Glad you've finally clarified the fact the difference between investing in a club and buying shares in a club.

Mindy's money isn't subsidising tickets though. For one she's not involved in the CLN (as far as we know) and this is money that currently the club has to pay back (with interest). So while it's undoubtedly a great initiative, it's essentially the club's own funds that are doing it (unless converted). So what's your latest suggestion now? That the trust which you don't pay into and oppose at every turn should subsidise your season ticket!? Hmm ok.

Again, there is no indication of Mindy's involvement. again these are funds the club has to pay back with interest. For the record and balance, can you acknowledge this fact?

But she's not subsiding tickets is she? You've made that up. Took a dim activist ("reject abuse" lol) to point out that fact to you perversely. You are a fraud. It's obvious. You fail to hold other parties to the same standards as you do the trust. I don't know if somewhere along the way you become so enamoured with the Americans / sellouts or you have a relationship with them or what but it's so glaringly obvious you aren't a normal fan posting on footballing matters. You regularly post with glee about the possibility of the Americans taking money out of the club ffs. You need to take a step back.

No idea what that last quote is about. I didn't say that. It's another of you fabrications.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 17:25]

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 19:32 - Dec 18 with 586 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 17:18 - Dec 18 by Chief

Glad you've finally clarified the fact the difference between investing in a club and buying shares in a club.

Mindy's money isn't subsidising tickets though. For one she's not involved in the CLN (as far as we know) and this is money that currently the club has to pay back (with interest). So while it's undoubtedly a great initiative, it's essentially the club's own funds that are doing it (unless converted). So what's your latest suggestion now? That the trust which you don't pay into and oppose at every turn should subsidise your season ticket!? Hmm ok.

Again, there is no indication of Mindy's involvement. again these are funds the club has to pay back with interest. For the record and balance, can you acknowledge this fact?

But she's not subsiding tickets is she? You've made that up. Took a dim activist ("reject abuse" lol) to point out that fact to you perversely. You are a fraud. It's obvious. You fail to hold other parties to the same standards as you do the trust. I don't know if somewhere along the way you become so enamoured with the Americans / sellouts or you have a relationship with them or what but it's so glaringly obvious you aren't a normal fan posting on footballing matters. You regularly post with glee about the possibility of the Americans taking money out of the club ffs. You need to take a step back.

No idea what that last quote is about. I didn't say that. It's another of you fabrications.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 17:25]

Its not my job to educate people on the word 'investment'. The Trust invested in Swansea city in 2002 and some of their money went into the pocket of Tony Petty. Mindi invested in Swansea city and the money went to the sellers in exchange for their shares. Both were investments.

This was stated in the structured dialogue.

""Rebecca explained that we were the only club who did any kind of discount. All of the Supporters Trust were wowed with what we were doing, with £1.7 million in discount. It was a difficult time because of the streaming costs the club incurred to deliver this service to its supporters.""

This was funded by the CLN of up to £13m that came from the US people and probably some of the 28 (that included Mindi), Silverstein and the locals who remain as minor shareholders.

The subsidy simply was not possible without this cash injection. The money has come from all the clubs shareholders it appears EXCEPT the SCST. The SCST approved of the action but did not contribute. If the 28 in the investment group contributed to the CLN then it is reasonable to say they are subsidising the season ticket holders. Details are slowly emerging.

I want the US people to make money out of the club. It means the club is doing well. I have no time for club shareholders who are quitters and prepared to go to court to get out while giving millions to third parties from England. Season ticket holders need to recognise the kindly actions of the US investors in particular. The 5% return is not excessive with UK inflation now at 5% and likely to stay well above the target 3% for some time.

The SCST should definitely join in the CLN and subsidise the season ticket holders. Why not? All the other shareholders are doing it. They have £500k spare cash getting measly 0.15% according to accounts.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 19:40 - Dec 18 with 580 viewsDr_Winston

It would be more unusual if Joel Piroe wasn't being watched by top Premier League clubs.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 20:02 - Dec 18 with 568 viewsChief

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 19:32 - Dec 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Its not my job to educate people on the word 'investment'. The Trust invested in Swansea city in 2002 and some of their money went into the pocket of Tony Petty. Mindi invested in Swansea city and the money went to the sellers in exchange for their shares. Both were investments.

This was stated in the structured dialogue.

""Rebecca explained that we were the only club who did any kind of discount. All of the Supporters Trust were wowed with what we were doing, with £1.7 million in discount. It was a difficult time because of the streaming costs the club incurred to deliver this service to its supporters.""

This was funded by the CLN of up to £13m that came from the US people and probably some of the 28 (that included Mindi), Silverstein and the locals who remain as minor shareholders.

The subsidy simply was not possible without this cash injection. The money has come from all the clubs shareholders it appears EXCEPT the SCST. The SCST approved of the action but did not contribute. If the 28 in the investment group contributed to the CLN then it is reasonable to say they are subsidising the season ticket holders. Details are slowly emerging.

I want the US people to make money out of the club. It means the club is doing well. I have no time for club shareholders who are quitters and prepared to go to court to get out while giving millions to third parties from England. Season ticket holders need to recognise the kindly actions of the US investors in particular. The 5% return is not excessive with UK inflation now at 5% and likely to stay well above the target 3% for some time.

The SCST should definitely join in the CLN and subsidise the season ticket holders. Why not? All the other shareholders are doing it. They have £500k spare cash getting measly 0.15% according to accounts.

Nobody said it was. Thankfully you are learning though so well done. When asked to clarify something you should. This time you did. She bought shares. No more. nothing else to add (still unsure of the point but at least maybe we can move on).

Yes, I read it - makes a mockery of your point about no one giving thanks doesn't it? The trust evidently have

Yes it's being funded from a loan that the club will have to pay back with interest.

Well that's debatable - £1.7mill is a decent amount, not insurmountable and let's face it, it's good business. The gates are high as a result, this breeds cash, the club are/will probably claw back that money at a decent rate from the increased matchday revenue gained from having 4/5k extra a week in the ground who wouldn't have paid an extra hundred quid etc.

Yes as we know, the trust were not invited to join the CLN, which you've gone on record as say shouldn't have happened. Will you now go on record and criticise the owners for not inviting them or keeping them updated then? You can't claim it as a dig to the trust but when you stated yourself they should have been invited. Goes back to my point about balance and bias. You're criticising the trust for being excluded from something that they could not have foreseen nor force to be involved. Bizarre.

And yet again, what this has to do with Piroe I have no idea. Grow some balls and reply to me on the thread that you started and backfired if you want to talk about the CLN.

The club is 16th in the championship and you were fine with them taking 5% interest and potentially 'lumbering the club' and recently stated the they could start taking dividends which you endorsed. So no, by your own logic the club doesn't need to be doing well for them to take money out. More evidence that you're more than just a fan. No fan wants them taking money out. Apart from you ....

Well again (yet again), tell Silverstein to bid for the trust's shares. You state as fact he's going to pay for them anyway. Why doesn't he buy them and save everyone legal fees. Legal fees necessitated by the Americans / sellouts wrongdoing. There's that lack of balance again. You're infested with bias.

Again - the club will have to pay back this loan. But everyone has applauded the initiative. You're own quote shows that. You seem incapable in seeing what's right in front of you. Blatent tunnel vision.

Why not? You know why not. Do I really need to repeat the reasons why not yet again?

Another monologue post and no sign of Piroe.

Yet you're just a fan, commenting on a forum.

You're a plant spreading propaganda

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 20:50 - Dec 18 with 553 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 16:35 - Dec 18 by ReslovenSwan1

No did not say this

You think I made an error because you said “in” rather than “into?”

No error there, they are equals.

Nothing pedantic about it, you were trying to make out that Mindi had given money to Swansea to help it grow. When pulled up on the fact that she hadn’t you then correctly changed it to “more in shares”.

So you have no idea if Mindi has contributed to the CLN? Just to be clear.

But are still going to pretend she did? That’s a special kind of nonsense fair play…. Almost like comparing points per game but starting after a really bad run for one manager and after a really good run for another.

As I said, your nonsense doesn’t get an inch past me. Wasting your typing time.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 14:43 - Dec 19 with 463 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 20:50 - Dec 18 by Dr_Parnassus

You think I made an error because you said “in” rather than “into?”

No error there, they are equals.

Nothing pedantic about it, you were trying to make out that Mindi had given money to Swansea to help it grow. When pulled up on the fact that she hadn’t you then correctly changed it to “more in shares”.

So you have no idea if Mindi has contributed to the CLN? Just to be clear.

But are still going to pretend she did? That’s a special kind of nonsense fair play…. Almost like comparing points per game but starting after a really bad run for one manager and after a really good run for another.

As I said, your nonsense doesn’t get an inch past me. Wasting your typing time.

This is classic Dr Parnassus. Self promoter in Chief. At least you have stopped using bookie phrases like 'passive punt' instead of proper business terms. Congratulation of building up a big cash fund for your retirement otr other purposes.

You are promoting a fake idea. I was not trying to make out anything. I simply made true factual statement. Mindi has invested more money in Swansea city than the Trust have in 20 years. Mindi's money went to Jenkins and co for their shares. Some of the Trusts money went into Tony Petty's pocket.

The US group have put in up to £13m fresh cash into the club according to the CEO. She was part of the group in the past and may have contributed again. If not her then people like her. It is not proven as this information is not published. It is a forum and I am allowed to speculate. The Trust worth £21m in 2016 have not contributed.

The role of the SCST in the rise of Swansea city has been grossly exaggerated. They lived the good life in the Premier leagues and want out when investment is required in the Championship to get back there.

Mindi's cash (or people like her's cash) is subsidising the Season ticket holders. The SCST are no where to be seen. Its a tough pill to take. God bless Mindi.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024