Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club 11:40 - Dec 14 with 5805 viewsSwansIndependent

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club 14th Dec 2021 11:39
New Swansea City sensation, twenty two year old Joel Piroe has become the focus of interest by a number of Premier League clubs in the last five weeks. One in particular. We have taken time to review links to Joel, and review the information and the people involved. We now have confirmation he is of serious interest to Leicester City. 1

Latest on a fox on the run, click above.
Twitter below.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 20:03 - Dec 14 with 1208 viewsonehunglow

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 19:57 - Dec 14 by Badlands

Wasn’t Piroe off Martin's Chistmas list at the start of the season?
Can see players he has found difficulty with being moved on.

I am the last to suggest what Russ has up his sleeve.
I shuddle to think actually.

It's down to damage limitation as far a I am concerned. Many will see my point within a year but it will please me not one jot as this chap is primed to ruin us.

It's the lies that get me. The fantastic performances -when we lose.

People continue to post ";positive " drivel will get a response form me until I am banned as I probably will be.People do not like reality. Im not that keen myself sometimes and we are all dreamers.

Imagine only sky
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 20:04]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 20:55 - Dec 14 with 1190 viewsKeithHaynes

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 20:03 - Dec 14 by onehunglow

I am the last to suggest what Russ has up his sleeve.
I shuddle to think actually.

It's down to damage limitation as far a I am concerned. Many will see my point within a year but it will please me not one jot as this chap is primed to ruin us.

It's the lies that get me. The fantastic performances -when we lose.

People continue to post ";positive " drivel will get a response form me until I am banned as I probably will be.People do not like reality. Im not that keen myself sometimes and we are all dreamers.

Imagine only sky
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 20:04]

Why would you be banned ?
Do we really have to wait a year 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 21:06 - Dec 14 with 1172 viewsReslovenSwan1

Martin's roll is within the remit of Mr Allen. Mr Allen needs to v be convinced that Martin ball with its peculiarities are worth persevering with and lead the path to Swansalona mark 2 with Souness telling us slick possession football is very hard skill to master. I do not recall Brendan's teams as being dull as dishwater to watch.

Brendan did not master it at Watford and walked and did not master it at Reading and got the sack.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 23:12 - Dec 14 with 1104 viewsAndyCole

Excellent article, a proper deep dive. And educational re Leicester scouting setup. Thx

However, I understand the initial humiliating rejection and stripping of the#9 jersey by Martin has had a long lasting effect. Esp with his father and advisor, a high achiever and fiercely ambitious. High standards and high expectations for his son too.

Brendan and Leicester looks like the perfect fit.

Martin, and the proper fans must be ruing Martin's crass judgement and crass way in which he unceremoniously humiliated Joel. And his father.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 01:25 - Dec 15 with 1059 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 23:12 - Dec 14 by AndyCole

Excellent article, a proper deep dive. And educational re Leicester scouting setup. Thx

However, I understand the initial humiliating rejection and stripping of the#9 jersey by Martin has had a long lasting effect. Esp with his father and advisor, a high achiever and fiercely ambitious. High standards and high expectations for his son too.

Brendan and Leicester looks like the perfect fit.

Martin, and the proper fans must be ruing Martin's crass judgement and crass way in which he unceremoniously humiliated Joel. And his father.

The giving of the number 9 would have bothered me for abut 5 minutes. It means next nothing. Martin has provided Piroe with the best form of his career. Obafemi was worth £2m while Piroe was a £1m footballer failing to fulfil his potential in the Netherlands

He was struggling badly after being linked with the very best clubs in his mid to late teens. Martin left him out of the first game and played him ever since, Bringing him off to ease him into UK football. Martin has been a godsend to Piroe and his Dad.

He should take a look at Wales goalkeeper Ward. He does not even get a game in low class Euro competitions. Also Roberts and Rodon. His hot streak could end suddenly and never be recovered. Daka, Vardy, Inaeacho all ahead of him.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 12:54 - Dec 15 with 982 viewsBadlands

Reports that Leicester are looking at Piroe for around £10 million.
Yes, from me.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 13:10 - Dec 15 with 952 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 01:25 - Dec 15 by ReslovenSwan1

The giving of the number 9 would have bothered me for abut 5 minutes. It means next nothing. Martin has provided Piroe with the best form of his career. Obafemi was worth £2m while Piroe was a £1m footballer failing to fulfil his potential in the Netherlands

He was struggling badly after being linked with the very best clubs in his mid to late teens. Martin left him out of the first game and played him ever since, Bringing him off to ease him into UK football. Martin has been a godsend to Piroe and his Dad.

He should take a look at Wales goalkeeper Ward. He does not even get a game in low class Euro competitions. Also Roberts and Rodon. His hot streak could end suddenly and never be recovered. Daka, Vardy, Inaeacho all ahead of him.

A manager doesn’t provide players with form, they react to it.

Piroe has given Martin the best form of his career, which is pretty lucky considering they clearly didn’t see eye to eye before he started banging them in.

He’s clearly a player that suits British football.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 13:12 - Dec 15 with 949 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 12:54 - Dec 15 by Badlands

Yes, from me.

Yep, would have to sell at 10m. Not that I think we would get that, but can’t see us turning down an offer like that, especially when we aren’t in the mix for promotion.

The difference between finishing 12th and 17th probably isn’t enough to warrant keeping him. We could only make decisions like that if we thought it would help to achieve a realistic shot at promotion and the 100m or whatever it is.

Login to get fewer ads

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 17:06 - Dec 15 with 818 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 13:12 - Dec 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Yep, would have to sell at 10m. Not that I think we would get that, but can’t see us turning down an offer like that, especially when we aren’t in the mix for promotion.

The difference between finishing 12th and 17th probably isn’t enough to warrant keeping him. We could only make decisions like that if we thought it would help to achieve a realistic shot at promotion and the 100m or whatever it is.

The club has no debt. If that is the case why sell unless the player makes a push to leave. Theoretically the player will get better not worse if you consider Martin and his team are good coaches. This is the golden age of Piroe after he lost his way. He is in a great place. If Swansea can add a ball player from Man city he could do even better.

The only reason to sell is to put money away to cover legal action by the SCST. This is the way I think and possibly the way the US people think. It is high time the SCST made a decision. The sale will be 6 years ago this coming summer.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 17:06 - Dec 15 with 819 viewsWhiterockin

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 16:53 - Dec 14 by QJumpingJack

He may have a "x" million release clause/allowed to speak to other clubs in his contract.

This exactly. It would not surprise me if both Piroe and Ntcham have buy out clauses in their contracts. They would then go if the price was met. Nothing sinister and nothing we can do about it.
Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 17:08 - Dec 15 with 813 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 17:06 - Dec 15 by Whiterockin

This exactly. It would not surprise me if both Piroe and Ntcham have buy out clauses in their contracts. They would then go if the price was met. Nothing sinister and nothing we can do about it.

I am sure PSV will have inserted a sell on clause for a promising 22 year old footballer.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 17:39 - Dec 15 with 800 viewsThornburyswan

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 17:06 - Dec 15 by ReslovenSwan1

The club has no debt. If that is the case why sell unless the player makes a push to leave. Theoretically the player will get better not worse if you consider Martin and his team are good coaches. This is the golden age of Piroe after he lost his way. He is in a great place. If Swansea can add a ball player from Man city he could do even better.

The only reason to sell is to put money away to cover legal action by the SCST. This is the way I think and possibly the way the US people think. It is high time the SCST made a decision. The sale will be 6 years ago this coming summer.

The club is currently burning cash - that is spending more than it brings in through ticket sales & commercial activity (as are the majority of the teams at our level) so at that point you have two options raise money or cut spending.

Our current owners have evidenced a willingness to ‘invest’ via convertible loans so that is one route, clearly raising greater commercial income (sponsorship, ticket prices, merchandise sales, food/drink sales etc) or by selling your players.

Selling Piroe has nothing to do with the Trust vs Owners/Sellouts legal case despite your ongoing agenda.
Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 17:43 - Dec 15 with 795 viewsKeithHaynes

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 12:54 - Dec 15 by Badlands

Yes, from me.

They must have read this from yesterday. 🧐

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club 14th Dec 2021 11:39
New Swansea City sensation, twenty two year old Joel Piroe has become the focus of interest by a number of Premier League clubs in the last five weeks. One in particular. We have taken time to review links to Joel, and review the information and the people involved. We now have confirmation he is of serious interest to Leicester City. 1

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 18:36 - Dec 15 with 759 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 13:10 - Dec 15 by Dr_Parnassus

A manager doesn’t provide players with form, they react to it.

Piroe has given Martin the best form of his career, which is pretty lucky considering they clearly didn’t see eye to eye before he started banging them in.

He’s clearly a player that suits British football.

Players cannot find form with out being given the opportunity to deliver. Martin has done this. He has placed Piroe above Obafemi in the pecking order, Piroe did not find form in the Netherlands being in the place where Obafemi is now, that is coming off the bench for cameos.

British football come on now you are better than that surely? . What type of British football are you taking about?

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 19:51 - Dec 15 with 720 viewsChief

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 17:09 - Dec 14 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not know Mindi and Landon personally but I doubt they are too vexed about getting a return from Swansea city. It was sold to them (i would imagine) as a long term highly risky investment mainly for growth rather than income. This was linked to the development of the stadium while the club was in the Premier league. Burnley was sold for a whoppiung £200m twice the Swansea 2016 buying price. Mindi is probably happy to leave things to Jason.

Mindi might have put some dough into the Convertible loan note that could bring her in a decent 5% pa. She is more likely to go for cheap shares.

The 26 were listed, various investment gurus, surgeons and dentists. I expect one or two of them might follow Swansea games with interest. If I had shares in the NFL Buffalo Bills I would certainly watch them and know their star players.

I defend the US owners unless there is a reason why I should not. I applaud them for pumping money into the club and claiming only 5% interest on their loan which is a mere 1% above UK inflation. It is only the Swansea city Supporters Trust who want to cash in and sell up and they are prepared to pay foreign agents huge money to force the other owners to buy their shares at inflated prices.

The US owners and others have made provisions for a lost legal case by lumbering the club with the job of paying off the SCST. This will be by recovering the CLN currently £13m and buying the SCST at current market value £8m. £13m plus £8m = £21m.

They will value Piroe at £13m at guess. A nice round number don't you think?

I would like to take this opportunity to wish Mindi in particular and Landon and the other 26 merry Christmas. I wish them a prosperous new year. That would be good for the club and the city.

Or more accurately Mindy may not even have known at the time that she even owned some shares. Since it was made public (not by Mindy herself or the other consortium members) we're probably just a nice anecdote to tell others from showbiz circles at parties. If she was aware that it was linked to stadium expansion (which is something you've just made up) she should be dismayed with the people that got her into this financial loss, and if she'd ever heard of Burnley she'd know we're are still years off them&possess less assets than them.

Why would Mindi go for cheap shares? The expensive ones she bought are worth a lot less than when she bought them.

Haha you defend the US owners when there are reasons when you should not constantly. Note the other thread that you've run away from because you cannot bring yourself to admit they are in the wrong over the CLN. You've just quietly left the thread get buried like a coward.

"The US owners and others have made provisions for a lost legal case by lumbering the club with the job of paying off the SCST. This will be by recovering the CLN currently £13m and buying the SCST at current market value £8m. £13m plus £8m = £21m."

Have they? When was that announced? Did Keith run a story on this news?

So you're telling us that they are going laden the club with debt to pay off their own personal debts?

And you think this is wonderful and wish them a good Xmas? And you expect people to think you have no vested interest?

Fraud
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 19:54]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 19:52 - Dec 15 with 718 viewsChief

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 17:06 - Dec 15 by ReslovenSwan1

The club has at least £10mill debt. Why are you lying?

High time SCST made a decision on what?

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 20:10 - Dec 15 with 698 viewsDr_Parnassus

Because its how clubs like us grow and we cant keep a player who wants to go to the Premier League (assuming he does) when we can only offer mid table second division football.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 20:11 - Dec 15 with 697 viewsCatullus

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 19:52 - Dec 15 by Chief

Why have you 2 brought this onto yet another thread? Its become an obsession Chief, you and Res.

Res is wrong, in my opinion. Can't you just ignore him? I do it to people all the time. I give them a prod, post my opinion and then walk away

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 20:14 - Dec 15 with 692 viewsChief

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 20:11 - Dec 15 by Catullus

Why have you 2 brought this onto yet another thread? Its become an obsession Chief, you and Res.

Res is wrong, in my opinion. Can't you just ignore him? I do it to people all the time. I give them a prod, post my opinion and then walk away

Take it up with Resloven. I dunno why they feel the need to spread their propaganda across another thread.

Yet again, you'll notice that I didn't start it.

And as ever they shouldn't be allowed to post their nonsense unabated.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 20:16 - Dec 15 with 690 viewsChief

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 20:10 - Dec 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Because its how clubs like us grow and we cant keep a player who wants to go to the Premier League (assuming he does) when we can only offer mid table second division football.

Yea of course, even when we were a premier league side making money, in profit we didn't 'need' to sell players. But we did. I'm pretty sure Piroe would relish the chance to play under Brendan Rogers at the FA cup holders.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 20:19 - Dec 15 with 684 viewsDr_Parnassus

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 18:36 - Dec 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Players cannot find form with out being given the opportunity to deliver. Martin has done this. He has placed Piroe above Obafemi in the pecking order, Piroe did not find form in the Netherlands being in the place where Obafemi is now, that is coming off the bench for cameos.

British football come on now you are better than that surely? . What type of British football are you taking about?

That doesn't mean a manager provides form though, that's nonsense. What you mean is the manager provides game time, the player then provides the manager form. Which we are thankful for considering the early freeze out, strikers are delicate beasts.

Yes British football. A higher standard than Dutch football when compared like for like and with a different style. Eerste Divisie is very average and the quality of chances he will be provided with us will absolutely be higher than with Jong PSV.

Not that difficult.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 20:40 - Dec 15 with 662 viewsmagicdaps10

We would have to take 10m if its true, would provide Obefami with his chance and the money could be used on a replacement, a couple of defenders and a creative player with plenty still left over.

Piroe was a slight gamble when signed, was slapped down by Martin at first but Piroe responded and shown his value, both Martin and Piroe benefited from this.

Would love to see him progress here with us but 10m where we are as a club cannot be ignored. 0

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 21:34 - Dec 15 with 622 viewsBillyChong

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 19:52 - Dec 15 by Chief

He keeps rolling out the ‘no debt’ line in the same threads where he himself is mentioning the CLN. Do your research Res, a convertible loan note is a debt.
Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 21:53 - Dec 15 with 602 viewsChief

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 21:34 - Dec 15 by BillyChong

He keeps rolling out the ‘no debt’ line in the same threads where he himself is mentioning the CLN. Do your research Res, a convertible loan note is a debt.

Notice the early attempt to further a dubious, false narrative too.

When the club's sold players in the past, it's been to balance the books, lower wage bill, I seem to remember Resloven defending the Rodon sale price to get the club through pandemic.

Now, after the pandemic and the club owes the owners& friend £10mill plus, if Piroe gets sold...

It's trust's fault.

Laughable.

Joel Piroe being watched by a top Premier League club on 21:55 - Dec 15 with 591 viewsDr_Parnassus

Even if it were true that we had no debt, which it isn't... we would still sell at 10m.

Unless the manager can show we are a serious bet for promotion then keeping such an asset on the book and allowing it to depreciate is a business no no.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024