Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee 17:38 - Jan 5 with 8026 viewsGruffStephens

Seems the swans are struggling to convince sides their upcoming players would flourish at Swansea.
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 17:44 - Jan 5 with 3140 viewsonehunglow

Indeed as is the case with our coach .
Cooper could point out to some progress and certainly winning points.

Pity he bottled the play offs though

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 17:59 - Jan 5 with 3141 viewsGruffStephens

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 17:44 - Jan 5 by onehunglow

Indeed as is the case with our coach .
Cooper could point out to some progress and certainly winning points.

Pity he bottled the play offs though

I get the impression your not a Martin fan.
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 18:58 - Jan 5 with 3049 viewsmax936

Don't know why we're bothering with loans to be honest, its not as if we've a chance of playoffs/promotion pointless costing exercise, IMO.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 19:41 - Jan 5 with 2940 viewsonehunglow

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 17:59 - Jan 5 by GruffStephens

I get the impression your not a Martin fan.

Not really Gruff.
I like my team winning not simply passing the ball backwards and sideways.
Im not keen on players being selected out of position and good players cast away.

No flies on you ,Sir

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 21:00 - Jan 5 with 2836 viewsDr_Parnassus

I made this point months and months ago when people were saying league position doesn't matter, and how its a transition season, work in progress and all that stuff.

The worse you perform the harder it is for any long term plan to come to fruition. Players won't want to come to a team down the bottom, regardless of promises of it turning around in time.

It's not just trying to attract players either, its keeping the ones you have happy. Football is a short career, I can't imagine someone like Piroe (who wants to play at the highest level I assume), being too satisfied or tempted to stay with just a vague promise of ''patience''.

You are forever in a state of rebuilding unless you can show short term success. I know that is not the popular view to have, but unfortunately its also a fact.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 21:04 - Jan 5 with 2827 viewsGruffStephens

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 21:00 - Jan 5 by Dr_Parnassus

I made this point months and months ago when people were saying league position doesn't matter, and how its a transition season, work in progress and all that stuff.

The worse you perform the harder it is for any long term plan to come to fruition. Players won't want to come to a team down the bottom, regardless of promises of it turning around in time.

It's not just trying to attract players either, its keeping the ones you have happy. Football is a short career, I can't imagine someone like Piroe (who wants to play at the highest level I assume), being too satisfied or tempted to stay with just a vague promise of ''patience''.

You are forever in a state of rebuilding unless you can show short term success. I know that is not the popular view to have, but unfortunately its also a fact.

Struggling to get the 400k for Fisher, trouble behind the scenes.
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 21:15 - Jan 5 with 2804 viewsDr_Parnassus

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 21:04 - Jan 5 by GruffStephens

Hmmm that's not good.

We did spend a relative fortune pre season though (in our terms at least) so was surprised to hear of a January splurge anyway.

But if we can't afford to bring in more players in key positions then Russ really does need to put sense ahead of ego and change from a style that simply isn't working to something that is suited to the tools we have.

We can't keep losing and blaming square pegs in round holes, we know the tools we have at our disposal, we now need to make the best of that. That's what management is.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 21:44 - Jan 5 with 2778 viewsguthrieintherain

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 21:04 - Jan 5 by GruffStephens

Yet we have enquired about the 2 Chelsea defenders and the player from Man City.

Also if we don't have cash available why has Silverstein bothered coming over.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Login to get fewer ads

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 21:52 - Jan 5 with 2757 viewsGruffStephens

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 21:44 - Jan 5 by guthrieintherain

Yet we have enquired about the 2 Chelsea defenders and the player from Man City.

Inquiries are one thing, nothing to say that Man City inquiry isn’t legit, if you are on about McAtee. WOL headline said the swans had but then provided nothing of value to say they had ! We report news not headlines is what I’m trying to say. I’m being honest this forum thing isn’t for me. I research for the website, but this stuff is more about keith and his wit etc.

Sorry guys I’m no forum Chatter. I rely on Keith to explain things straight from the hip, as did Cornish before he had to take a Health sabbatical. I’m unsure if people really understand how hard running this is. Cards on the table.
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 21:55 - Jan 5 with 2747 viewsGruffStephens

Sorry guys.
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:03 - Jan 5 with 2721 viewsguthrieintherain

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 21:55 - Jan 5 by GruffStephens

Sorry guys.

Yes no worries mate was just a rhetorical question really.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:04 - Jan 5 with 2715 viewsReslovenSwan1

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 21:44 - Jan 5 by guthrieintherain

Silverstein want to see how his £5m is being invested and by whom. If impressed there could be more coming. He wants I imagine to persuade the SCST to stop wasting their time paying lawyers.

The SCST could join the Convertible loan and give Swansea city £400k to buy Fisher. Why should they you ask?. Because they are owners.

The £400k would get 5% return compared against 0.15% in the Santander. £20,000 a year return. They have wasted legal fees of £250k already. Members need to get a grip of that organisation.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:07 - Jan 5 with 2703 viewsvetchonian

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 21:55 - Jan 5 by GruffStephens

Sorry guys.

No need to apologise Gruff, you have done well to step in.shame those who caused this whole problem didnt apologise.

Back to topic, I think many will get a shock this window...everyone knows my thoughts on Martin as the good Doc says now may be the time for him to ditch his ego and start managing....using the resources available to him to the best advantage instead of trying to fit them to suit an idealistic pattern of play.

get results whilst developing and transtioning not try to impose a style for which he does not have the players

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:11 - Jan 5 with 2684 viewsChief

Intriguing comment this! We were told there was at least some money to spend, that there would be transfers and that Silverstein was over and he wanted the business done early.

So is there simply not the 400k there until we sell first? We did recently take out a loan on Rodons fee...

Or does Martin want to sign players but the owners won't sanction the purchase? (Which is worrying for a 400k player)

Who's the trouble behind the scenes between????? Martin? Allen? K&L? Silverstein? Winter?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:14 - Jan 5 with 2670 viewsChief

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:04 - Jan 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Silverstein want to see how his £5m is being invested and by whom. If impressed there could be more coming. He wants I imagine to persuade the SCST to stop wasting their time paying lawyers.

The SCST could join the Convertible loan and give Swansea city £400k to buy Fisher. Why should they you ask?. Because they are owners.

The £400k would get 5% return compared against 0.15% in the Santander. £20,000 a year return. They have wasted legal fees of £250k already. Members need to get a grip of that organisation.

Right let's nip this in the bud before you derail another thread.

There is zero indication or evidence that Silverstein is over to discuss anything with the trust regarding the upcoming case.

Stick to the thread - which is nothing to do with the trust.

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:15 - Jan 5 with 2668 viewsGruffStephens

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:11 - Jan 5 by Chief

Intriguing comment this! We were told there was at least some money to spend, that there would be transfers and that Silverstein was over and he wanted the business done early.

So is there simply not the 400k there until we sell first? We did recently take out a loan on Rodons fee...

Or does Martin want to sign players but the owners won't sanction the purchase? (Which is worrying for a 400k player)

Who's the trouble behind the scenes between????? Martin? Allen? K&L? Silverstein? Winter?

This is my avenue of expertise if you like.
There was a guy called Moscow who summed things up very well.
This Silverstein guy is either looking after the Americans money too carefully or he’s a Tony petty, sorry but that’s how I see it.
I’m seriously concerned, but tomorrow could bring some daylight. That’s not a veiled comment. I just hope.
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:15 - Jan 5 with 2668 viewsReslovenSwan1

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:11 - Jan 5 by Chief

The missing piece of your jigsaw is my fellow old school pupil Mr Drakeford with his fan ban.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:28 - Jan 5 with 2631 viewsChief

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:15 - Jan 5 by ReslovenSwan1

The missing piece of your jigsaw is my fellow old school pupil Mr Drakeford with his fan ban.

I partially take that on board as the club will inevitably have some cashflow problems by not having matchday income while still paying wages. Although you'd hope this would be balanced up by us playing the rearranged games later in the season (as long as the fan ban doesn't last too long). We haven't missed any games yet, and you'd hope Xmas merchandise would soften some of the blow.

But if that's the case that's it's restricting transfer activity, that's fine and sensible to me, but it shouldn't constitute trouble behind the scenes in my opinion. Unless someone has taken exception to the prudency/tightness of the lack of funds available or something like that?

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:35 - Jan 5 with 2613 viewsChief

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:15 - Jan 5 by GruffStephens

This is my avenue of expertise if you like.
There was a guy called Moscow who summed things up very well.
This Silverstein guy is either looking after the Americans money too carefully or he’s a Tony petty, sorry but that’s how I see it.
I’m seriously concerned, but tomorrow could bring some daylight. That’s not a veiled comment. I just hope.

Yes I read Moscow's comments but as I replied on that thread, Silversteins surely not going to bid at a price that would allow K&L to recoup their outlay while we're 16th in the championship?

Oh dear well if hes too prudent&doesn't understand how deals and transfers work over here or he's got his got his mitts in the till neithers very good.

So the implication here then is a sanctioning of releasing transfer funds rather than the cupboard being bare. Which I'm fine with if the club's finances dictate as such, but if Silverstein's just having coldfeet about being in this sphere that leaves us and our manager high and dry.

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:36 - Jan 5 with 2611 viewsmajorraglan

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:15 - Jan 5 by ReslovenSwan1

This is what I first thought about when I started reading the thread. The ban on fans will hit the club (and many smaller clubs) in the pocket. Match day sales of refreshments etc on top of a fall off in ticket sales. Mind you, if games are being cancelled with the drop off in form extra training time could be a blessing.
Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:51 - Jan 5 with 2573 viewsmax936

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:28 - Jan 5 by Chief

I partially take that on board as the club will inevitably have some cashflow problems by not having matchday income while still paying wages. Although you'd hope this would be balanced up by us playing the rearranged games later in the season (as long as the fan ban doesn't last too long). We haven't missed any games yet, and you'd hope Xmas merchandise would soften some of the blow.

But if that's the case that's it's restricting transfer activity, that's fine and sensible to me, but it shouldn't constitute trouble behind the scenes in my opinion. Unless someone has taken exception to the prudency/tightness of the lack of funds available or something like that?

Silverstien could well have come over to batten down the hatches and to manage expectations and explain to Martin [if it needs explaining] that there isn't a pot of gold to dip his hands into.

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 23:00 - Jan 5 with 2555 viewsChief

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 22:51 - Jan 5 by max936

Silverstien could well have come over to batten down the hatches and to manage expectations and explain to Martin [if it needs explaining] that there isn't a pot of gold to dip his hands into.

Yea potentially.

But there was that story about Silverstein being over to make sure all the transfer business was done early? And that nugget was released after the fan ban.

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 23:03 - Jan 5 with 2539 viewsmax936

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 23:00 - Jan 5 by Chief

Yea potentially.

But there was that story about Silverstein being over to make sure all the transfer business was done early? And that nugget was released after the fan ban.

Smoke and Mirrors ????

Things seem to have gone quiet on the Fulton front, I thought he was virtually out of the door before Crimbo, unfortunately.

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 23:08 - Jan 5 with 2520 viewsChief

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 23:03 - Jan 5 by max936

Smoke and Mirrors ????

Things seem to have gone quiet on the Fulton front, I thought he was virtually out of the door before Crimbo, unfortunately.

Yes a lot of speculation and things going on that's hard to make a great deal of sense of currently.

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 23:39 - Jan 5 with 2471 viewsGruffStephens

Our league position isn’t helping us getting players like McAtee on 23:03 - Jan 5 by max936

Smoke and Mirrors ????

He most certainly has gone. Unless there’s a huge love in planned with a manager who hasn’t trusted him all season.

More annoyingly to support the lack of cash rumours Balogun at Arsenal is nigh on a Middlesbrough player, further confirms for me financial situation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024