Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarrassing... 20:23 - Jan 8 with 5460 viewsAjack_Kerouac

...I'm embarrassed by this club.

- the standard of the football is a joke
- our deluded fans are a joke
- the woke bullshit is a joke
- the 'manager' is possibly the biggest joke of the lot.

...I'm sure signing a couple of MK Dons players will keep everybody happy though, and the deluded fan base can pretend for a little while longer. We could get relegated and many would still pretend all was fine.
This club is a joke.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Embarrassing... on 20:31 - Jan 8 with 2434 viewsonehunglow

Be Prepared for an onslaught from fireman and the crew.They go to all the games and you have no right to di the team or Russ.
The positive posters,the uber fan on here are all liars. Everyone of them. Do not believe a word that comes out of their fingers. They will be peed off,annoyed,upset,even lifelong ,the nicest most wonderful fan of all.
The reality is we have screwed up by appointing this clown and cant ack him.Because fo that we suffer.
Bradley was a mistake and we rightly sacked him cos we could. We cant now. That is it.

He is ruining our club,splitting the fan base and taking us backwards.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Embarrassing... on 20:37 - Jan 8 with 2423 viewsQJumpingJack

We won't / can't get relegated this season.

Martin needs time and at least two transfer windows.
Embarrassing... on 20:39 - Jan 8 with 2405 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Embarrassing... on 20:37 - Jan 8 by QJumpingJack

We won't / can't get relegated this season.

Martin needs time and at least two transfer windows.

What "at least two transfer windows" to get us relegated?
Embarrassing... on 20:40 - Jan 8 with 2394 viewsA_Fans_Dad

My one word description would be "Frustrating".
Embarrassing... on 20:47 - Jan 8 with 2356 viewsonehunglow

You can always support your local team Ed
Plenty of choice up there and you can be comfortable with other real fans .

How you get away with trolling is terrific. You're chums arent you?

Embarrassing... on 20:47 - Jan 8 with 2368 viewsFireboy2

Embarrassing... on 20:40 - Jan 8 by A_Fans_Dad

Yep definitely.plus annoying.
Embarrassing... on 20:49 - Jan 8 with 2353 viewsjack_lord

My word was frustrating,

In the last couple of minutes it was despair. Focus and ability and jumped overboard.

Is the gap between bang average Premier league players and ours really that big?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Embarrassing... on 20:52 - Jan 8 with 2331 viewsonehunglow

Embarrassing... on 20:49 - Jan 8 by jack_lord

My word was frustrating,

In the last couple of minutes it was despair. Focus and ability and jumped overboard.

Is the gap between bang average Premier league players and ours really that big?

It is Jase
Though Soton were cruising clearly.Us passing the ball hurt them not one jot although Russyboys will cream over the stats.

Today was a day to have 5 at the back and have Benda in goal.

Did people think Soton would be undone by our passing "style".

We did pass the ball to them to score though as we have done ever since Russ came here.

Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassing... on 20:53 - Jan 8 with 2330 viewsGwyn737

I think that’s really fair.

I’ll wait till September before I get all emotional. Expectations need to be managed I’m afraid.
Embarrassing... on 21:09 - Jan 8 with 2278 viewsFireboy2

Embarrassing... on 20:53 - Jan 8 by Gwyn737

I’ll wait till September before I get all emotional. Expectations need to be managed I’m afraid.

This ^ in nutshell.
Embarrassing... on 21:12 - Jan 8 with 2263 viewsonehunglow

I was thinking where we will be in August when the new season starts and which one we will be in.
Will be be looking at derbies with Forest Green .Nice trip though for many.

Embarrassing... on 21:55 - Jan 8 with 2164 viewsraynor94

Embarrassing... on 21:12 - Jan 8 by onehunglow

I was thinking where we will be in August when the new season starts and which one we will be in.
Will be be looking at derbies with Forest Green .Nice trip though for many.

Fair play your always positive, but have no fear we are not going down.

Bookmark it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Embarrassing... on 22:18 - Jan 8 with 2098 viewsguthrieintherain

Embarrassing... on 20:53 - Jan 8 by Gwyn737

Us getting to the PL has turned a few on here into entitled spoilt brats.

I have watched us since 1975 well over half of it was in the bottom 2 divisions.

Some on here need a reality check and I am pretty sure the majority of our fan base are behind Martin and what he is trying to do.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 22:23]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Embarrassing... on 22:27 - Jan 8 with 2066 viewsTim_Harry

If I posted more often on here I'd be known as a happy clapper. The type of fan who sees the positives more than the negatives. I loved the idea of someone like Martin taking over. Any type of passing football will do me.

I'm just not seeing it nowadays though. We're almost guaranteed to gift our opponents a goal every game. We're easy to defend against most of the time. We play a style of suicide football that (most of the time) only works against inferior opposition.

I really hope I'm wrong and someone bumps this thread in a few months time and makes me look like a right tit.

Can't see it though.
Embarrassing... on 22:27 - Jan 8 with 2059 viewsDr_Parnassus

Another two transfer windows you mean?

He has already had one and we spent millions, we are now in another.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Embarrassing... on 22:31 - Jan 8 with 2045 viewsDr_Parnassus

Embarrassing... on 22:18 - Jan 8 by guthrieintherain

I have watched us since 1975 well over half of it was in the bottom 2 divisions.

Some on here need a reality check and I am pretty sure the majority of our fan base are behind Martin and what he is trying to do.

We were in the bottom two divisions because we had the squad that belonged there. IT was our level.

That doesn't mean we should accept mediocrity with an excellent team though, does it?

I see a lot of this new sound bite ''what Martin is trying to do''... what is he trying to do exactly? Make a championship side, many players of which are technically limited, play like Barca and expecting it to work?

Why on earth would anyone be behind such a ridiculous notion?

Embarrassing... on 22:40 - Jan 8 with 2029 viewsguthrieintherain

Embarrassing... on 22:31 - Jan 8 by Dr_Parnassus

We were in the bottom two divisions because we had the squad that belonged there. IT was our level.

That doesn't mean we should accept mediocrity with an excellent team though, does it?

I see a lot of this new sound bite ''what Martin is trying to do''... what is he trying to do exactly? Make a championship side, many players of which are technically limited, play like Barca and expecting it to work?

Why on earth would anyone be behind such a ridiculous notion?

Yes it's mad and there was me thinking the likes of Martinez Rogers Laudrup and Potter tried that as well.

You are right though we should play like we did under Cooper or maybe even Hollins we used to win games then even if it did bore the pants off most.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 22:43]

Embarrassing... on 22:42 - Jan 8 with 2019 viewsTim_Harry

Embarrassing... on 22:18 - Jan 8 by guthrieintherain

I've supported the club for six years less than you, which means I've seen almost as much lower division football.

I definitely don't feel any sense of entitlement to be in the top two divisions, but, with all things considered, I think it's where we're set up to be. We have a squad of very good Championship players, and with the right manager we could definitely push on to be closer to the play-offs than we are now.

Criticism of the manager is always justified if fans think he's not doing as well as he could with what he's been given.

I don't think he is at the moment. Hope that changes.
Embarrassing... on 22:46 - Jan 8 with 1994 viewsDr_Parnassus

Embarrassing... on 22:40 - Jan 8 by guthrieintherain

Yes it's mad and there was me thinking the likes of Martinez Rogers Laudrup and Potter tried that as well.

You are right though we should play like we did under Cooper or maybe even Hollins we used to win games then even if it did bore the pants off most.

None of them tried to play this way, complete myth.

Embarrassing... on 22:50 - Jan 8 with 1984 viewsguthrieintherain

Embarrassing... on 22:46 - Jan 8 by Dr_Parnassus

None of them tried to play this way, complete myth.

Not exactly the same no but they all tried to play attacking passing football.

The ethos is the same.

As opposed to the likes of the other 2 I mentioned.

Embarrassing... on 22:50 - Jan 8 with 1979 viewsDr_Parnassus

Embarrassing... on 22:42 - Jan 8 by Tim_Harry

I've supported the club for six years less than you, which means I've seen almost as much lower division football.

I definitely don't feel any sense of entitlement to be in the top two divisions, but, with all things considered, I think it's where we're set up to be. We have a squad of very good Championship players, and with the right manager we could definitely push on to be closer to the play-offs than we are now.

Criticism of the manager is always justified if fans think he's not doing as well as he could with what he's been given.

I don't think he is at the moment. Hope that changes.

Exactly, we a good Championship side.

Anyone suggesting we should just be happy to be here really doesn't have their finger on the pulse.

Embarrassing... on 22:52 - Jan 8 with 1892 viewsDr_Parnassus

Embarrassing... on 22:50 - Jan 8 by guthrieintherain

Not exactly the same no but they all tried to play attacking passing football.

The ethos is the same.

As opposed to the likes of the other 2 I mentioned.

Nowhere near the same. Not even remotely similar.

We aren't attacking at all, we attacked more under Cooper, that's a fact.

If i was manager and told my team to go out and keep the ball in our own 18 yard box knocking it about, would you say its a similar way to Brendan and Laudrup because we had high possession and passes?

Our style of play is ridiculous currently, completely not fit for purpose.

Embarrassing... on 22:59 - Jan 8 with 1874 viewsTim_Harry

Embarrassing... on 22:40 - Jan 8 by guthrieintherain

I'd love to see us play like we did under Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup. Natural width is the big difference between those teams and what we've got now. Making the pitch as wide as possible to aide a passing game.

Nowadays we try to play through teams. It works nicely a lot of the time and often looks great. The big downside is that we tend to gift our opponents a goal or two a game.

I suppose it depends how much patience you have with that way of playing really.
Embarrassing... on 23:31 - Jan 8 with 1841 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Agree with most of that,
Embarrassing... on 00:14 - Jan 9 with 1809 viewsguthrieintherain

Embarrassing... on 22:59 - Jan 8 by Tim_Harry

I'd love to see us play like we did under Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup. Natural width is the big difference between those teams and what we've got now. Making the pitch as wide as possible to aide a passing game.

Nowadays we try to play through teams. It works nicely a lot of the time and often looks great. The big downside is that we tend to gift our opponents a goal or two a game.

I suppose it depends how much patience you have with that way of playing really.

2 more transfer windows of patience he needs a chance to get the players in he wants for next season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024