Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Energy prices 09:59 - Mar 20 with 11127 viewsKilkennyjack

Big big profits for the energy suppliers, big big price hikes for us lot.

Shirley people will not be able to cope with such price rises ?

We should re-nationalise immediately.
Too important for the markets to handle, with a built in short term profit view of everything.

Beware of the Risen People

Energy prices on 12:53 - May 12 with 1036 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Energy prices on 08:24 - Apr 15 by Kilkennyjack

No money to help our people with soaring energy costs.

£1.2 billion suddenly found to send refugees to Rwanda.

They are playing us for fools.

Was only £200 million none of which has yet been spent. The cost is only 20% of the cost of housing them here.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Energy prices on 12:55 - May 12 with 1029 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Energy prices on 11:27 - Apr 15 by Whiterockin

The Autumn (October 1st) price cap is announced in August and is worked on the cost for the previous 6 months. We are already in the calculating period and have been for a couple of months. With industry prices still high the cost will go up.

And gas is currently only a third of the peak it was trading around 150p

Energy prices on 12:57 - May 12 with 1021 viewstrampie

Energy prices on 12:50 - May 12 by felixstowe_jack

You clearly do not understand how corporation tax works. You only pay corporation tax on your profits. Last year Shell lost money on their UK operations they then get a refund on some of the advance corporation tax they pay.
Unbelievable how some people are financially illiterate yet we give them the chance to vote.

They have headquartered over here because they know the UK is noted for its financial deregulation, that they cannot get away with things here that they can elsewhere.
[Post edited 12 May 2022 13:57]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Energy prices on 13:35 - May 12 with 1000 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Energy prices on 12:57 - May 12 by trampie

They have headquartered over here because they know the UK is noted for its financial deregulation, that they cannot get away with things here that they can elsewhere.

They actually wanted to make their headquarters in the Netherlands . Unfortunately the shareholders voted against that and Shell changed their plans and moved to London instead.

Energy prices on 14:53 - May 12 with 976 viewsLorax

Energy prices on 12:57 - May 12 by trampie

When you say elsewhere, where do you mean?

It surely can't be any EU member states because it's their weak rules that allowed members to become tax havens and is why many billions of UK tax ended up in the Irish treasury.
Energy prices on 07:42 - May 13 with 923 viewsWhiterockin

Energy prices on 12:55 - May 12 by felixstowe_jack

And gas is currently only a third of the peak it was trading around 150p

So you think the fuel price cap will not be raised in the Autumn?
Energy prices on 07:58 - May 13 with 910 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Energy prices on 07:42 - May 13 by Whiterockin

So you think the fuel price cap will not be raised in the Autumn?

Not said that at all . Where did you get that idea from. Clearly with Russian aggressions in Ukraine there will continue to be shortages in gas and oil.
Since mid April 10% of UK daily electricity output has been exported to Europe to help with their shortages which will keep our prices high.

Energy prices on 10:13 - May 13 with 890 viewsWhiterockin

Energy prices on 07:58 - May 13 by felixstowe_jack

Not said that at all . Where did you get that idea from. Clearly with Russian aggressions in Ukraine there will continue to be shortages in gas and oil.
Since mid April 10% of UK daily electricity output has been exported to Europe to help with their shortages which will keep our prices high.

Sorry just a misunderstanding by me, because you replied to my post saying prices would be going up.
Login to get fewer ads

Energy prices on 07:48 - May 25 with 828 viewsWhiterockin

Looks like another 42% increase in October. Time for government help immediately.
Energy prices on 09:27 - May 25 with 784 viewscontroversial_jack

Nationalise the energy companies.
Energy prices on 21:18 - May 25 with 742 viewsGwyn737

Energy prices on 07:48 - May 25 by Whiterockin

Looks like another 42% increase in October. Time for government help immediately.

Annual gas price in work has increased from 25k to 49k for this financial year with the further increase to come.

The only way to save this kind of money in a school is by cutting staff 😔
Energy prices on 21:31 - May 25 with 732 viewsLorax

Energy prices on 21:18 - May 25 by Gwyn737

Annual gas price in work has increased from 25k to 49k for this financial year with the further increase to come.

The only way to save this kind of money in a school is by cutting staff 😔

Apparently the government is going to be announcing a 10 billion rescue plan. Starting with a 7 billion windfall tax to help pay for it.
Energy prices on 21:37 - May 25 with 731 viewsGwyn737

Energy prices on 21:31 - May 25 by Lorax

Apparently the government is going to be announcing a 10 billion rescue plan. Starting with a 7 billion windfall tax to help pay for it.

Trouble is we’ve known these costs for some time - LAs buy energy in advance so budgeting can be accurate.

Staffing decisions will have already been made which is very frustrating.
Energy prices on 21:43 - May 25 with 729 viewsLorax

Energy prices on 21:37 - May 25 by Gwyn737

Trouble is we’ve known these costs for some time - LAs buy energy in advance so budgeting can be accurate.

Staffing decisions will have already been made which is very frustrating.

Surely this is one aspect the media should be shouting about? We need the schools fully staffed (which they aren't now anyway) so the kids don't suffer.

Then what about all the public sector? Hospitals use a lot of power!
Energy prices on 21:46 - May 25 with 725 viewsGwyn737

Energy prices on 21:43 - May 25 by Lorax

Surely this is one aspect the media should be shouting about? We need the schools fully staffed (which they aren't now anyway) so the kids don't suffer.

Then what about all the public sector? Hospitals use a lot of power!

I know, mate.

The 24k increase is equivalent to two members of support staff - it’s heartbreaking.
[Post edited 25 May 2022 21:47]
Energy prices on 21:52 - May 25 with 719 viewsLorax

Energy prices on 21:46 - May 25 by Gwyn737

I know, mate.

The 24k increase is equivalent to two members of support staff - it’s heartbreaking.

It is heart-breaking, the adults make a mess and the children lose out.

These s always money for wars, for weapons and ammunition but not money for schools and hospitals.

It's morally bankrupt.
Energy prices on 21:54 - May 25 with 715 viewsWhiterockin

Energy prices on 21:31 - May 25 by Lorax

A smokescreen to suppress today's Sue Grey report news. Coincidence that this is being announced the day after?
Energy prices on 22:07 - May 25 with 700 viewsLorax

Energy prices on 21:54 - May 25 by Whiterockin

A smokescreen to suppress today's Sue Grey report news. Coincidence that this is being announced the day after?

Not a smokescreen as much as deflection, they probably will do it but it is to try and take attention away from partygate.

It won't work though, I don't see people forgetting this very easily.
Energy prices on 22:22 - May 25 with 695 viewsWhiterockin

Energy prices on 22:07 - May 25 by Lorax

Not a smokescreen as much as deflection, they probably will do it but it is to try and take attention away from partygate.

It won't work though, I don't see people forgetting this very easily.

People won't forget but many have accepted that although boris is a liar he's going nowhere.
Energy prices on 22:32 - May 25 with 684 viewsmajorraglan

Energy prices on 21:46 - May 25 by Gwyn737

I know, mate.

Dreadful situation to be in because we all now it’s going to have a huge impact on kids education and chances in life.
I was a school Governor a few years back and balancing the budget was extremely challenging then, it will be horrendous now. We were fortunate that we had a great headteacher who really cared, supportive staff and very supportive parents.
Energy prices on 09:36 - May 26 with 644 viewsLorax

Energy prices on 22:32 - May 25 by majorraglan

Dreadful situation to be in because we all now it’s going to have a huge impact on kids education and chances in life.
I was a school Governor a few years back and balancing the budget was extremely challenging then, it will be horrendous now. We were fortunate that we had a great headteacher who really cared, supportive staff and very supportive parents.

I have been a governor too, what the teachers in that school gave of their own time, freely, was magnificent. They also had collections and bought food in for hard up families, they used to deliver these boxes privately so nobody outside the school knew who was in hard times, people can be very prideful.

I was proud of that school back then, and all the staff in it, everybody gave something.

It's what a school should be but under our governments more and more schools are holding out begging bowls themselves.
Energy prices on 13:06 - May 26 with 623 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Good to see the chancellor's targeted approach to the global energy crisis with most help targeted at the poorest and most vulnerable sections of society and help for most households.

Energy prices on 15:24 - May 26 with 582 viewstrampie

Energy prices on 09:36 - May 26 by Lorax

I have been a governor too, what the teachers in that school gave of their own time, freely, was magnificent. They also had collections and bought food in for hard up families, they used to deliver these boxes privately so nobody outside the school knew who was in hard times, people can be very prideful.

I was proud of that school back then, and all the staff in it, everybody gave something.

It's what a school should be but under our governments more and more schools are holding out begging bowls themselves.

I never knew any caring teachers when I was in school, all horrible selfish people as far as I could tell.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Energy prices on 15:43 - May 26 with 564 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Energy prices on 13:06 - May 26 by felixstowe_jack

Good to see the chancellor's targeted approach to the global energy crisis with most help targeted at the poorest and most vulnerable sections of society and help for most households.

I had the radio on this afternoon when an idiot journalist asked ' why should oil companies have tax relief on their investment spending?'. The 'expert guest' asked if the journalist was aware of the Ukraine - Russia war.

[Post edited 26 May 2022 15:44]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Energy prices on 16:19 - May 26 with 542 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Energy prices on 15:43 - May 26 by JACKMANANDBOY

I had the radio on this afternoon when an idiot journalist asked ' why should oil companies have tax relief on their investment spending?'. The 'expert guest' asked if the journalist was aware of the Ukraine - Russia war.

[Post edited 26 May 2022 15:44]

Clearly the journalist is no expert on businesses. All governments give tax relief on investments and R&D. They know it leads to extra jobs, extra profits and extra corporation tax.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024