Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gazza 22:19 - Mar 26 with 5298 viewsKeithHaynes

There was a time he was the best in the world, despite the flute thing. Possibly the last football lunatic.

Today.







This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Gazza on 21:32 - Jan 4 with 957 viewsKilkennyjack

Gazza on 18:28 - Jan 4 by Sirjohnalot

Can you name one English player who was world class ? Shearer ? Rooney ? Linekar ? Bobby Moore ? Greaves ?


I think the 1990 version of Gazza was world class.
I think the 1970 version of Bobby Charlton was world class.

I think thats it at the highest level.
Rooney not too far behind.

I think its only fair to say thats the same number as Cymru… 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🤣

Beware of the Risen People

0
Gazza on 22:33 - Jan 4 with 910 viewstrampie

Gazza on 21:27 - Jan 4 by guthrieintherain

Agree to disagree then if one of them could have played for the Swans I know which one I would prefer.


Swans might have won things with captain Marvel, Swans would have won Porthcawl with that show pony Gazza.

Cpt Marvel..Gary Speed.....................................Gazza

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

0
Gazza on 22:34 - Jan 4 with 905 views1462jack

Gazza on 21:32 - Jan 4 by Kilkennyjack

I think the 1990 version of Gazza was world class.
I think the 1970 version of Bobby Charlton was world class.

I think thats it at the highest level.
Rooney not too far behind.

I think its only fair to say thats the same number as Cymru… 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🤣


Agree with you but I’d add shilton to that list
0
Gazza on 22:43 - Jan 4 with 892 viewsKilkennyjack

Gazza on 22:34 - Jan 4 by 1462jack

Agree with you but I’d add shilton to that list


Good shout - yes, I thought Shilton was the very best at Forest under Clough.

But England were never so sure and kept picking Ray Clemance over him.
Ron Greenwood i think was manager.

Would Ron have done that if Shilton was really world class…?
Shilton still got 120 caps mind - and Clemo 61.

Also two questions ….
Was Shilton better really than Banks ?
Would a world class keeper really have been outjumped by 5ft 4 of Diego Maradona…?

Beware of the Risen People

0
Gazza on 23:06 - Jan 4 with 866 viewsguthrieintherain

Gazza on 22:43 - Jan 4 by Kilkennyjack

Good shout - yes, I thought Shilton was the very best at Forest under Clough.

But England were never so sure and kept picking Ray Clemance over him.
Ron Greenwood i think was manager.

Would Ron have done that if Shilton was really world class…?
Shilton still got 120 caps mind - and Clemo 61.

Also two questions ….
Was Shilton better really than Banks ?
Would a world class keeper really have been outjumped by 5ft 4 of Diego Maradona…?


Out jumped his arm was 6 foot in the air so may have been disallowed with VAR

Poll: Should we join the Welsh cup next season

1
Gazza on 23:23 - Jan 4 with 846 viewstrampie

Shilton was effectively out jumped by a midget, Diego only instinctively hit it with his hand (which was only just above his head) at the last second, hence the hand of God and the officials not picking it up.

I thought Shilton was a better keeper than Clemence but England did have good goalies back in the day, Corrigan, Parkes, Day etc

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

0
Gazza on 23:39 - Jan 4 with 841 viewsTreforys_Jack

Gazza on 23:23 - Jan 4 by trampie

Shilton was effectively out jumped by a midget, Diego only instinctively hit it with his hand (which was only just above his head) at the last second, hence the hand of God and the officials not picking it up.

I thought Shilton was a better keeper than Clemence but England did have good goalies back in the day, Corrigan, Parkes, Day etc


My younger self always considered Shilton vastly overrated.
0
Gazza on 23:51 - Jan 4 with 833 viewstrampie

Gazza on 23:39 - Jan 4 by Treforys_Jack

My younger self always considered Shilton vastly overrated.


Does that mean you only remember an old Peter Shilton ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

0
Login to get fewer ads

Gazza on 00:26 - Jan 5 with 814 viewsTreforys_Jack

Gazza on 23:51 - Jan 4 by trampie

Does that mean you only remember an old Peter Shilton ?


No, just always thought he was very overrated when he was playing. Now I have zero opinion on it.
0
Gazza on 08:00 - Jan 5 with 775 viewsguthrieintherain

Gazza on 23:23 - Jan 4 by trampie

Shilton was effectively out jumped by a midget, Diego only instinctively hit it with his hand (which was only just above his head) at the last second, hence the hand of God and the officials not picking it up.

I thought Shilton was a better keeper than Clemence but England did have good goalies back in the day, Corrigan, Parkes, Day etc


You forgot Geoff Crudgington

Poll: Should we join the Welsh cup next season

0
Gazza on 08:05 - Jan 5 with 772 viewsguthrieintherain

Gazza on 23:51 - Jan 4 by trampie

Does that mean you only remember an old Peter Shilton ?


I remember Shilton playing for Plymouth at the end of his career. I was stood under the East stand the abuse he took off the fans that night was harsh to say the least.

Over 30 years he played professional football for some achievement that.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2023 8:15]

Poll: Should we join the Welsh cup next season

0
Gazza on 08:59 - Jan 5 with 720 viewsSTID2017

Gazza on 22:43 - Jan 4 by Kilkennyjack

Good shout - yes, I thought Shilton was the very best at Forest under Clough.

But England were never so sure and kept picking Ray Clemance over him.
Ron Greenwood i think was manager.

Would Ron have done that if Shilton was really world class…?
Shilton still got 120 caps mind - and Clemo 61.

Also two questions ….
Was Shilton better really than Banks ?
Would a world class keeper really have been outjumped by 5ft 4 of Diego Maradona…?


Banks for me was the best.
The car crash did for him of course.
Peter " The Cat " Bonetti was another class keeper.
So much competition back then

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

0
Gazza on 15:47 - Jan 5 with 665 viewsBarrySwan

Gazza on 15:53 - Mar 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Am I alone in finding the Glasgow religious drivel tedious.


Do you mean that you find talk of it tedious or that you believe that commentators are exaggerating the religious divide?
[Post edited 5 Jan 2023 16:12]
0
Gazza on 16:30 - Jan 5 with 634 viewsSTID2017

Gazza on 15:47 - Jan 5 by BarrySwan

Do you mean that you find talk of it tedious or that you believe that commentators are exaggerating the religious divide?
[Post edited 5 Jan 2023 16:12]


I think the divide is played upon ( how many people are actually religious in the UK now? )but the fierce rivalry is very real.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

0
Gazza on 19:05 - Jan 5 with 586 viewstrampie



First part of the video is Robbo tackling, I miss tackling in the game, modern football is like a different game to what football used to be and the second part is Robbo scoring some goals, what a fantastic player captain Marvel was, tackling somebody on the edge of his own box one second playing an inch perfect pass out of defense then going box to box to get on the end of a move and score, they don't make them like that anymore, I wonder what he would be worth in today's money ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026