Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin and Allen at Port Talbot 22:22 - Apr 11 with 2380 viewsmagicdaps10

Anyone go, what was the news?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 09:28 - Apr 12 with 1767 viewsmagicdaps10

Few things from last night

Wolf and Christie, looking at both being here next season.

Pato, new deal on the cards for him.

System or plan hasn't changed, had to come in and basically incorporate the plan with no pre season and had to use the start of the season to virtually use games as a pre season to build the players into the style....the blueprint has been the same from day one as it is today.

Supposedly very good and both Martin and Allen were very very impressive and highly knowledgeable.

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 10:45 - Apr 12 with 1692 viewsKeithHaynes

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 09:28 - Apr 12 by magicdaps10

System or plan hasn't changed, had to come in and basically incorporate the plan with no pre season and had to use the start of the season to virtually use games as a pre season to build the players into the style....the blueprint has been the same from day one as it is today.

Supposedly very good and both Martin and Allen were very very impressive and highly knowledgeable.

It’s the start of something.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 10:51 - Apr 12 with 1678 viewsmagicdaps10

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 10:45 - Apr 12 by KeithHaynes

It’s the start of something.

What I am hearing it was very good with a lot of good information given over.

You could arrange one with all posters on here Keith, I think that would solve a few issues

Or maybe not 😁

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 11:14 - Apr 12 with 1648 viewsbuilthjack

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 10:51 - Apr 12 by magicdaps10

What I am hearing it was very good with a lot of good information given over.

You could arrange one with all posters on here Keith, I think that would solve a few issues

Or maybe not 😁

It's arranged for 30th April.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 13:59 - Apr 12 with 1541 viewsSTID2017

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 11:14 - Apr 12 by builthjack

It's arranged for 30th April.

Look forward to it.
Based on what is posted, sounda like contrary to the opinion of some, there has been no reset or change by Martin. Just that his ideas are beginning to work.
Good news on potentially Piroe, Christie and Wolf being here next season

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 14:19 - Apr 12 with 1498 viewsvetchonian

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 13:59 - Apr 12 by STID2017

Look forward to it.
Based on what is posted, sounda like contrary to the opinion of some, there has been no reset or change by Martin. Just that his ideas are beginning to work.
Good news on potentially Piroe, Christie and Wolf being here next season

Yes im sure Martin 's ego would allow him to sit there and admit he got some things wrong has adjusted....we are doing some things differently to how we played earlier in the season..if people dont want to see it thats fine I respect their opinions..

the evidence is there and it seems others have noticed it too not just the usual suspects.

For me its great we are getting results the football is attractive more so than the start of the season and the bore fests such as Hull, Millwall and Sheffield Utd at home...long may it continue

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 14:22 - Apr 12 with 1496 viewsSTID2017

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 14:19 - Apr 12 by vetchonian

Yes im sure Martin 's ego would allow him to sit there and admit he got some things wrong has adjusted....we are doing some things differently to how we played earlier in the season..if people dont want to see it thats fine I respect their opinions..

the evidence is there and it seems others have noticed it too not just the usual suspects.

For me its great we are getting results the football is attractive more so than the start of the season and the bore fests such as Hull, Millwall and Sheffield Utd at home...long may it continue

I certainly agree some games have been disappointing and like you, certainly enjoyed the last few games.

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 14:41 - Apr 12 with 1471 viewsNotLoyal

I thought keith pointed out quite well he and the players are always learning, that’s not relative. The fact it is happening is a credit to all of them. We should be very pleased IMO.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 14:45 - Apr 12 with 1461 viewsgrabsplatter

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 14:22 - Apr 12 by STID2017

I certainly agree some games have been disappointing and like you, certainly enjoyed the last few games.

Apart from the previous home game against Brum which was absolutely shocking!
Good signs but I'm still not completely convinced.
Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 14:49 - Apr 12 with 1457 viewsSTID2017

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 14:45 - Apr 12 by grabsplatter

Apart from the previous home game against Brum which was absolutely shocking!
Good signs but I'm still not completely convinced.

Agree the Brum game was disappointing.
However sun is shining as all is well.
I for one am happy with the overall progress made

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 14:58 - Apr 12 with 1438 viewsvetchonian

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 14:41 - Apr 12 by NotLoyal

I thought keith pointed out quite well he and the players are always learning, that’s not relative. The fact it is happening is a credit to all of them. We should be very pleased IMO.

We are always lesarning....I do every day in my workplace even after many years of experience....My point was that Martin stated the "blueprint hasnt changed".

There is evidence to say it has and that is to his credit...yet he sat there and intimated that what we are seeing is just the fruition of his original plan.....

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 15:02 - Apr 12 with 1421 viewsSTID2017

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 14:58 - Apr 12 by vetchonian

We are always lesarning....I do every day in my workplace even after many years of experience....My point was that Martin stated the "blueprint hasnt changed".

There is evidence to say it has and that is to his credit...yet he sat there and intimated that what we are seeing is just the fruition of his original plan.....

Day one v Blackburn - play out from the back through the keeper
Day forty v Derby - play out from the back through the keeper.
That is Martin's blueprint

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 15:02 - Apr 12 with 1419 viewsWhiterockin

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 14:58 - Apr 12 by vetchonian

All depends what the "blueprint" was. If it was to stabilise and bring in new ideas this season and kick on next, he is on course. We just have to wait and see if the rest of the blueprint materialises.
Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 15:37 - Apr 12 with 1375 viewsvetchonian

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 15:02 - Apr 12 by STID2017

Day one v Blackburn - play out from the back through the keeper
Day forty v Derby - play out from the back through the keeper.
That is Martin's blueprint

But it is what we do with the ball from that that has changed!

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 15:42 - Apr 12 with 1370 viewsswan65split

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 09:28 - Apr 12 by magicdaps10

"had to come in and basically incorporate the plan with no pre season and had to use the start of the season to virtually use games as a pre season to build the players into the style"

I think that's completely obvious, to me squad didn't look fit enough when he took over , I believe there were reports Coops wasn't at training at times,

I did see a tweet after last nights meet saying "we are in good hands".....heres hoping.
Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 18:41 - Apr 12 with 1250 viewsmagicdaps10

I don't think that is the debate on here, the situation we find is that some posters stated that he wouldn't change his style and his ego wouldn't allow it.....it seemed like where we are today was the process that was being aimed for but we had to go through the process of building up to get to the blueprint that was set out.
We have banged this drum for far too long in both directions.

Those games mentioned were the hard yards in the building prices to the fruition of the plan we see today and great to hear that you are enjoying the attractive football that is being controlled by Martin.

Not sure if there is anymore that people have heard from last night but the work that is being put in is impressive by the sounds of it and there appears to be from people who went there, it appears they come out of there with a strong feeling of excitement and trust from Martin and Allen.

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 19:09 - Apr 12 with 1207 viewsBoundy

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 15:37 - Apr 12 by vetchonian

But it is what we do with the ball from that that has changed!

Is it a case of dammed if he does or doesn't ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 19:51 - Apr 12 with 1153 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 19:09 - Apr 12 by Boundy

Is it a case of dammed if he does or doesn't ?

I would suggest that it is the opposite.
If he hadn't changed from trying for total possession and included a lot more quick attacking he would still be damned.
As it is the football we are playing now is far more exciting and far more satisfying to watch.
Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 20:09 - Apr 12 with 1123 viewsmagicdaps10

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 19:51 - Apr 12 by A_Fans_Dad

I would suggest that it is the opposite.
If he hadn't changed from trying for total possession and included a lot more quick attacking he would still be damned.
As it is the football we are playing now is far more exciting and far more satisfying to watch.

I think the morale of the story is too give something time to happen before judging it too soon.
Sometimes saying for something to happen is not as easy as physically doing it.... Bit like doing as I say, not as I do.

It's easy saying I told you from a distance. I know I am reiterating it again but it seems to be something that needs to be done on here at times.

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 20:23 - Apr 12 with 1101 viewsDr_Winston

The knots people have twisted themselves into to try and convince people that RM has gone through some sort of "Road to Damascus" type conversion as the season has progressed have always been a bit odd.

Like STID said, we started the season building moves by playing the short ball out of defence rather than pushing it forward as quickly as possible and absolutely nothing has changed except the players have, in patches, appeared to be getting better at doing it.

Lower possession figures are a fairly obvious by-product of players learning to play more incisive passes as opposed to going around in circles, something we still have a tendency to do when stuck but far less often over the last 6-8 weeks or so.

Hard to overstate the importance of Obafemi's movement in that regard. Defenders are forced to cover which creates gaps for Piroe and Paterson which gives midfield more to aim for.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 20:47 - Apr 12 with 1071 viewsmagicdaps10

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 20:23 - Apr 12 by Dr_Winston

The knots people have twisted themselves into to try and convince people that RM has gone through some sort of "Road to Damascus" type conversion as the season has progressed have always been a bit odd.

Like STID said, we started the season building moves by playing the short ball out of defence rather than pushing it forward as quickly as possible and absolutely nothing has changed except the players have, in patches, appeared to be getting better at doing it.

Lower possession figures are a fairly obvious by-product of players learning to play more incisive passes as opposed to going around in circles, something we still have a tendency to do when stuck but far less often over the last 6-8 weeks or so.

Hard to overstate the importance of Obafemi's movement in that regard. Defenders are forced to cover which creates gaps for Piroe and Paterson which gives midfield more to aim for.

I think that is clear, people will just push their view and that is the same for yourself as it would me with me....i have never forcefully pushed that Martin needs to do this or that from an early stage and I fact only called for him to consider going to back 4 with Wingers but his formation he has stuck with has shown lately there is no need to go to a flat 4 or to play Wingers.
I think it would have been easy from an early stage to say he needs to do this or state that something isn't working when it was clear that it was an early stage of a process that you needed to give enough time AND not be Foolish enough to show a lack of patience.

I think, I would even say I know its just a case of people trying to be clever early on to make a statement knowing that the changes of what they were calling for would happen.......its quite pitiful really and anyone who was understanding of the situation at hand could see how silly and set up the whole situation has been.

I would say though, there would be other posters on here who would genuinely believe that Martin has changed the whole playing style, I can't really say much to that although between the 2 actions I mention, I could clearly label what posters on here would fall into each category.

Patience was a key word on here early on and it was and is easily mocked, mockery of it is just something to play it down because some knew that it was true but wouldn't at all admit it.

What I would call for is Martin and Allen to do a few more of what they did last night, some fans speaking too proper football people who have lived it day in, day out and have far more experience of these things than all on this forum, I personally would think it a good idea.

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 21:12 - Apr 12 with 1041 viewsvetchonian

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 20:47 - Apr 12 by magicdaps10

I think that is clear, people will just push their view and that is the same for yourself as it would me with me....i have never forcefully pushed that Martin needs to do this or that from an early stage and I fact only called for him to consider going to back 4 with Wingers but his formation he has stuck with has shown lately there is no need to go to a flat 4 or to play Wingers.
I think it would have been easy from an early stage to say he needs to do this or state that something isn't working when it was clear that it was an early stage of a process that you needed to give enough time AND not be Foolish enough to show a lack of patience.

I think, I would even say I know its just a case of people trying to be clever early on to make a statement knowing that the changes of what they were calling for would happen.......its quite pitiful really and anyone who was understanding of the situation at hand could see how silly and set up the whole situation has been.

I would say though, there would be other posters on here who would genuinely believe that Martin has changed the whole playing style, I can't really say much to that although between the 2 actions I mention, I could clearly label what posters on here would fall into each category.

Patience was a key word on here early on and it was and is easily mocked, mockery of it is just something to play it down because some knew that it was true but wouldn't at all admit it.

What I would call for is Martin and Allen to do a few more of what they did last night, some fans speaking too proper football people who have lived it day in, day out and have far more experience of these things than all on this forum, I personally would think it a good idea.

I am one of those psoter you talk about.

Again its opinions but there have been some tweaks....I keep saying it our approach at kick off is different we no longer go back to the keeper we push the ball out to the wing.

My compalint form early doors was that the football was bith ineffective and boring to watch with us losing more than winning.

There has been a definite switch to using the ball rather than keeping it...it is almost as though the players have been told tp play to their instincts rather than a "plan".

Whatever it seems to be getting us wins and is better to watch than the tripe served up early doors whre we saw the ball being passed sideways and backwards ad nauuseum.

There will never be a complete accord over this as there are other agendas but the styke is different yes we still pass out form the back but we spend less time passing it around in our half and look to get the ball forwards....and actually that is easier than being pressed whilst tapping the ball around jst outside our box.

All professional footballers hould be capable of short passes its the movement off the ball and ability to make "pinpoint" forward long passes whihc is harder which is why Hoddle was always lauded.

I accpet we will have to agree to disagree but as long as RM does not revert back to his obsession with possession over using the ball and we contine with the progress of the last 2 games I will be happy....

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 01:00 - Apr 13 with 924 viewsDJack

"Yes im sure vetchonian 's ego would allow him to sit there and admit he got some things wrong"

...Could also be the correct statement. Just saying.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 01:50 - Apr 13 with 906 viewsKeithHaynes

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 15:02 - Apr 12 by Whiterockin

All depends what the "blueprint" was. If it was to stabilise and bring in new ideas this season and kick on next, he is on course. We just have to wait and see if the rest of the blueprint materialises.

Seems to be going ok to me, pass the ball to someone you know in the same colour shirt has been the mantra for the season. It’s just now the learning curve is such it’s being done quicker and with more understanding on the pitch 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 06:42 - Apr 13 with 871 viewsvetchonian

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 01:00 - Apr 13 by DJack

"Yes im sure vetchonian 's ego would allow him to sit there and admit he got some things wrong"

...Could also be the correct statement. Just saying.

I have no ego but get frustrated when people pretend not to see what is actually happening as it doesn't suit

I repeat myself we now kick the ball forwards to the wing from kick off either from the first or second kick which has the risk of surrendering possession previously we always passed the ball back from the midfield to defenders to keeper and then back and fore the back line and keeper...keeping possesion and l
racking up the pass count. So there is one change .check out highlight videos ...you will see.
No one is saying he has ripped up the blueprint but he has made some amendments.
it's not just down to eventually things clicking and players getting used to style of play. I recall one match and I commented in that matchday thread how I think it was Naughton and Grimes who were just inside our half on the wing on the east stand side stood about a yard apart and passed the ball back and fore about 4 times whilst rooted together same spots....we dont see that recall now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024