Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh tourism tax 11:41 - Apr 13 with 17944 viewsbritferry

What you think?

I think it will be a terrible idea, it will put people off coming here.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/tourism-boss-says-anti-english-236

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Welsh tourism tax on 09:15 - Apr 21 with 882 viewsraynor94

Welsh tourism tax on 08:25 - Apr 21 by Kilkennyjack

No - the Ireland that has seen unprecedented economic and political successes since they removed the dead hand of Westminster from its Celtic shoulders.
Contrast that the the decline in Cymru over the same period.

Cymru cant prosper with Westminster always having its own priorities.

Take Brexit - EU had Ireland at the top table, the UK government would not let Cymru or Scotland in the room. See the difference. Modern and respectful vs dead Empire thinking.

Get on the Indy bus 🚌… you know you want to.

Indy Bus?

We're on a road to nowhere
Come on inside
Takin' that ride to nowhere
We'll take that ride

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Welsh tourism tax on 09:28 - Apr 21 with 863 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 09:15 - Apr 21 by raynor94

Indy Bus?

We're on a road to nowhere
Come on inside
Takin' that ride to nowhere
We'll take that ride

David Byrne wasn't a Nat was he?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh tourism tax on 09:47 - Apr 21 with 845 viewsraynor94

Welsh tourism tax on 09:28 - Apr 21 by onehunglow

David Byrne wasn't a Nat was he?

I just thought that verse was apt

Welsh tourism tax on 09:51 - Apr 21 with 841 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 09:47 - Apr 21 by raynor94

I just thought that verse was apt

It was.
I was being a smartarse ,of course.
Great video actually and Byrne was very innovative

Welsh tourism tax on 10:36 - Apr 21 with 828 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 11:15 - Apr 20 by builthjack

How many on here don't go abroad because they have to pay tourist tax?
Most countries hotels charge it now.
In a few years England will charge it. Wait and see.

You're missing the point, if we bring it in here but it's not in England, the Englsih will choose the cheaper options.

How many of our tourists are from overseas and how many are from England?

Easter weekend, the roads around Wales were rammed, full of cars, caravans and camper vans. Shedloads of English tourists heading for the Welsh countryside.

Will they want to pay extra when they are already taking much longer to do a journey than needs be because our road infrastructure is out of fate? petrol is exorbitant right now, all bills have and still are rising and then we go and add in a tourist tax that England doesn't have.

When England does it we can go down the reverse route and say Wales is cheaper but we'd still need to improve roads so the travelling tourists can get where they are going in better time.

EDIT, why do Labour types always think the answer is to raise taxes? Where will the revenue be spent, on raising the numbers in the Senedd maybe!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 10:37]
Welsh tourism tax on 10:39 - Apr 21 with 821 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 10:36 - Apr 21 by Lorax

You're missing the point, if we bring it in here but it's not in England, the Englsih will choose the cheaper options.

Easter weekend, the roads around Wales were rammed, full of cars, caravans and camper vans. Shedloads of English tourists heading for the Welsh countryside.

Will they want to pay extra when they are already taking much longer to do a journey than needs be because our road infrastructure is out of fate? petrol is exorbitant right now, all bills have and still are rising and then we go and add in a tourist tax that England doesn't have.

When England does it we can go down the reverse route and say Wales is cheaper but we'd still need to improve roads so the travelling tourists can get where they are going in better time.

EDIT, why do Labour types always think the answer is to raise taxes? Where will the revenue be spent, on raising the numbers in the Senedd maybe!

Snowdonia is hugely popular and the traffic a major issue . If tourists stay away it will help . The locals will be happy although many will see their tourism jobs go.

Welsh tourism tax on 10:41 - Apr 21 with 822 viewsunion_jack

Far too much sense in that post Lorax. It’s beyond any argument really but some will do their best, certainly those who don’t really want these ‘strangers’ coming to Wales.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Welsh tourism tax on 10:42 - Apr 21 with 821 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 07:46 - Apr 21 by felixstowe_jack

Would that be the same Ireland who according to a recent report by the EU has the most disadvantage ethnic minority in the EU. Their life expectancy is only 65, less than 1% of their population go onto University and they have a male suicide rate which is the highest in the EU. The Irish Travellers must really think that Ireland is a paradise. Wonder why the Irish government have allowed this to happen.

That would be the same Ireland that uses EU rules to be a tax haven for corporations to save on taxes in places like, oh the UK for one. Costing billions for other countries.

Tens of billions of taxes that should have been paid here went to Ireland, that was partly how they helped finance their recovery, at our expense.
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh tourism tax on 21:01 - Apr 21 with 778 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 10:42 - Apr 21 by Lorax

That would be the same Ireland that uses EU rules to be a tax haven for corporations to save on taxes in places like, oh the UK for one. Costing billions for other countries.

Tens of billions of taxes that should have been paid here went to Ireland, that was partly how they helped finance their recovery, at our expense.

Always someone else’s fault.
Laughable mun.

If you think that poor little old Ireland outperforms the uk/england in terms of dirty money tricks, then you are really deluded. From Russian money to tax havens across the world, nobody beats the UK in not playing with a level playing field.

It was the real reason the rich and the posh had to have Brexit.
They dont have a patriotic bone in their bodies. 🇬🇧

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh tourism tax on 08:14 - Apr 22 with 737 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 21:01 - Apr 21 by Kilkennyjack

Laughable mun.

If you think that poor little old Ireland outperforms the uk/england in terms of dirty money tricks, then you are really deluded. From Russian money to tax havens across the world, nobody beats the UK in not playing with a level playing field.

Latest inflation figures for the EU shows inflation was 7.8% in March that is higher than the UK. Wonder if Brexit is to blame for that.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh tourism tax on 12:53 - Apr 22 with 706 viewsEbo

The tax is the correct thing to do. Other countries do it.

Plus it will pay for the local authorities to clean up after the mess the saes leave behind in our countryside and the human excrement they leave on top of Yr Wyddfa.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Welsh tourism tax on 13:41 - Apr 22 with 688 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 12:53 - Apr 22 by Ebo

Plus it will pay for the local authorities to clean up after the mess the saes leave behind in our countryside and the human excrement they leave on top of Yr Wyddfa.

And kit's not just the English that climb Snowden nor are they only ones that defile the landscape. This is simply English hatred and it would be honest if posters admitted so. It reads as obvious hate and contempt mixed in with a little envy and spite.

Take the English tourists out of Wales and you'll have empty roads but also empty campsites,hotels,shops and attractions like the Zip will close as would most of Llandudno. Tourism sustains this town completely . The rest comes from English retirees. Barsuds aren't they.

Yma o chi -indeed

Welsh tourism tax on 13:46 - Apr 22 with 687 viewsraynor94

Ah, and Welsh people don't make any mess at all when visiting English beauty spots.

You are one big hypocrite, on most subjects

Welsh tourism tax on 14:04 - Apr 22 with 681 viewsScotia

Other countries can do it because they have soemthing worth visiting.

There is nothing in Wales people can't experience better elsewhere.
Welsh tourism tax on 16:37 - Apr 22 with 658 viewsEbo

Welsh tourism tax on 13:41 - Apr 22 by onehunglow

And kit's not just the English that climb Snowden nor are they only ones that defile the landscape. This is simply English hatred and it would be honest if posters admitted so. It reads as obvious hate and contempt mixed in with a little envy and spite.

Take the English tourists out of Wales and you'll have empty roads but also empty campsites,hotels,shops and attractions like the Zip will close as would most of Llandudno. Tourism sustains this town completely . The rest comes from English retirees. Barsuds aren't they.

Yma o chi -indeed

Rubbish!

Do you honestly think it is only Saes who visit here?

I see Japanese, Germans, Swedes, French and Dutch every day where I work. All tourists with a lot more money to spend, plus they don't treat the place as a shithole or buy up second homes.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Welsh tourism tax on 16:37 - Apr 22 with 658 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 13:41 - Apr 22 by onehunglow

Yma o chi -indeed

Is it the English that start the grass fires every year on the hills above our towns or the local Welsh population.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh tourism tax on 16:51 - Apr 22 with 651 viewsraynor94

Welsh tourism tax on 16:37 - Apr 22 by Ebo

Rubbish!

I see Japanese, Germans, Swedes, French and Dutch every day where I work. All tourists with a lot more money to spend, plus they don't treat the place as a shithole or buy up second homes.

Xenophobia at it's finest.

You do come across as a very bitter person

Welsh tourism tax on 16:53 - Apr 22 with 651 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 21:01 - Apr 21 by Kilkennyjack

Laughable mun.

Oh the hypocrisy from someone that's always blaming England for Welsh problems. Take a look in the mirror mun.

Where did I mention out performing anyone, I just stated an actual fact, Ireland lowered it's corporate tax rates and companies were encouraged to set up their headquarters there thus billions of tax that was earned in the UK was paid in Ireland.

The UK is not a tax haven, Ireland is.

The EU still has not managed to change it's tax rules to force corporations to pay fair amounts of tax. The vote needs to be unanimous but obviously Ireland and Luxembourg will not vote for something that robs them of billions in revenue.

Maybe you need to learn the truth about these things before making wildly wrong statements.
The rich and the posh keep their money offshore because the UK is NOT a tax haven.

Talk about deluded from the king of clangers.
Welsh tourism tax on 05:24 - Apr 23 with 585 viewsTreforys_Jack

You're edit is spot on. More snouts in the trough.
Welsh tourism tax on 08:10 - Apr 23 with 572 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 16:53 - Apr 22 by Lorax

Oh the hypocrisy from someone that's always blaming England for Welsh problems. Take a look in the mirror mun.

Where did I mention out performing anyone, I just stated an actual fact, Ireland lowered it's corporate tax rates and companies were encouraged to set up their headquarters there thus billions of tax that was earned in the UK was paid in Ireland.

The UK is not a tax haven, Ireland is.

The EU still has not managed to change it's tax rules to force corporations to pay fair amounts of tax. The vote needs to be unanimous but obviously Ireland and Luxembourg will not vote for something that robs them of billions in revenue.

Maybe you need to learn the truth about these things before making wildly wrong statements.
The rich and the posh keep their money offshore because the UK is NOT a tax haven.

Talk about deluded from the king of clangers.

Irealnd is the safest country in Europe as it's not in NATO -neutral

Mainly as it has no natural resources and naff all worth invading for.

Welsh tourism tax on 10:39 - Apr 23 with 557 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 16:37 - Apr 22 by Ebo

Rubbish!

So we get all these other tourists but it is the "SAES" who ruin Wales?

I see many more English tourists than I see others combined. It'd be interesting to see if there were any official numbers for Welsh tourism. Just to make a point, whichever way it went. I'd be willig to be though, we get more English visitors than all other nationalities added together.
Welsh tourism tax on 12:39 - Apr 23 with 542 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 10:39 - Apr 23 by Lorax

So we get all these other tourists but it is the "SAES" who ruin Wales?

I see many more English tourists than I see others combined. It'd be interesting to see if there were any official numbers for Welsh tourism. Just to make a point, whichever way it went. I'd be willig to be though, we get more English visitors than all other nationalities added together.

Gog land is full of German campers. Very good chum of mine owns the complex in Trawsfynydd.

Nearly all are English but especially Germans who like basic nature pursuits

Stores like Spar in Nefyn would close without tourists leaving welsh locals with nothing . No car in a Lleyn village means isolation.
Be careful what you wish for Ebo

Welsh tourism tax on 12:54 - Apr 23 with 536 viewsunion_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 12:39 - Apr 23 by onehunglow

Gog land is full of German campers. Very good chum of mine owns the complex in Trawsfynydd.

Nearly all are English but especially Germans who like basic nature pursuits

Stores like Spar in Nefyn would close without tourists leaving welsh locals with nothing . No car in a Lleyn village means isolation.
Be careful what you wish for Ebo

Given what he’s said so far, I doubt he cares.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 12:55]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Welsh tourism tax on 18:16 - Apr 23 with 503 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 12:54 - Apr 23 by union_jack

Given what he’s said so far, I doubt he cares.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 12:55]

Wales calls the shots in Wales, its not that hard to understand.

Wales does not have to suck up for tourism at any price.
There is such a thing as bad business.

We should welcome anyone who comes into Wales and respects our welsh way if life and our country.

The tourist tax will make wales better for tourist through much needed investments.
This will generate more profitable tourism.
Its a cycle of activities that many countries already use successfully.

If the English or anyone else choose to take their ball home, then thats tough.
Better and more sustainable tourism for wales is more important than Brenda and Keith from Stoke picking Blackpool over Rhyl, or Skeggy over Newquay.
Brenda and Keith do not run Wales, and i think its long overdue that the realised this basic fact.

Fit in or ….go to Blackpool…..

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh tourism tax on 18:18 - Apr 23 with 501 viewsScotia

Welsh tourism tax on 18:16 - Apr 23 by Kilkennyjack

Wales calls the shots in Wales, its not that hard to understand.

Wales does not have to suck up for tourism at any price.
There is such a thing as bad business.

We should welcome anyone who comes into Wales and respects our welsh way if life and our country.

The tourist tax will make wales better for tourist through much needed investments.
This will generate more profitable tourism.
Its a cycle of activities that many countries already use successfully.

If the English or anyone else choose to take their ball home, then thats tough.
Better and more sustainable tourism for wales is more important than Brenda and Keith from Stoke picking Blackpool over Rhyl, or Skeggy over Newquay.
Brenda and Keith do not run Wales, and i think its long overdue that the realised this basic fact.

Fit in or ….go to Blackpool…..

They'll go to Blackpool.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024