Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penalties this season. 21:10 - Apr 13 with 5606 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Who are the only two Clubs not to have been awarded a penalty this season in the championship.

Swansea and Cardiff

Is that a coincidence?

The average number of penalties award to each team this season in the championship is 4

Middlesbrough are the only team not to have conceded a penalty this season

Only two other teams have not been awarded a penalty this season in the other 3 divisions Burnley and Port Vale

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Penalties this season. on 16:58 - May 22 with 1084 viewstrampie

Penalties this season. on 16:49 - May 22 by union_jack

You are talking what is often referred to as total bollox 😂

Take it up with the retired Premier League ref (or was it refs) who went through every Premier League goal and every disallowed goal to see who got the majority of the wrong decisions in their favour and the majority of wrong decisions go against them.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Penalties this season. on 16:59 - May 22 with 1066 viewsonehunglow

Penalties this season. on 16:49 - May 22 by union_jack

You are talking what is often referred to as total bollox 😂

When we revert to the League of Wales,we won't have any excuses.

Connah's Quay Nomads v Swansea City. No Saes cachu

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Penalties this season. on 17:17 - May 22 with 1048 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 16:58 - May 22 by trampie

Take it up with the retired Premier League ref (or was it refs) who went through every Premier League goal and every disallowed goal to see who got the majority of the wrong decisions in their favour and the majority of wrong decisions go against them.

Gizza look.

I would be stunned if retired Premier League refs said Welsh clubs are most hard done by in their respective leagues.

Think you may need to start convincing a few of this story.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Penalties this season. on 17:20 - May 22 with 1046 viewstrampie

Penalties this season. on 17:17 - May 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Gizza look.

I would be stunned if retired Premier League refs said Welsh clubs are most hard done by in their respective leagues.

Think you may need to start convincing a few of this story.

It's not what they verbally said it's what the stats said.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Penalties this season. on 17:22 - May 22 with 1038 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 17:20 - May 22 by trampie

It's not what they verbally said it's what the stats said.

But let me guess, they no longer exist or can be referenced?

Penalties this season. on 18:09 - May 22 with 1018 viewstrampie

Penalties this season. on 17:22 - May 22 by Dr_Parnassus

But let me guess, they no longer exist or can be referenced?

It was 2015/16 season, in the February Swans were bottom for bad decisions and I'm pretty sure they did not have a single wrong decisions go their way resulting in a goal, up to that point, I put it on the net at the time and I've seen some reference to it this afternoon but not the full table just talking about the data and the effect on the top of the table.

Penalties this season. on 18:16 - May 22 with 1010 viewsLorax

Penalties this season. on 16:34 - May 22 by trampie

I am talking about what is often referred to as the 'real' tables, as regards the official tables Swans penalties don't match Swans league position suggesting Swans don't get their fair share of penalties compared to their league position.

Since when did league position determine how many penalties you got?
Penalties this season. on 18:24 - May 22 with 1000 viewstrampie

Penalties this season. on 18:16 - May 22 by Lorax

Since when did league position determine how many penalties you got?

It clearly doesn't, Swansea keep on finishing higher in the league table than they do in the penalties awarded table.

Login to get fewer ads

Penalties this season. on 18:29 - May 22 with 993 viewsLorax

Penalties this season. on 18:24 - May 22 by trampie

It clearly doesn't, Swansea keep on finishing higher in the league table than they do in the penalties awarded table.

Yes, and why would that be...because the two are not linked possibly?

Don't be a silly billy mun.
Penalties this season. on 18:35 - May 22 with 985 viewstrampie

Penalties this season. on 18:29 - May 22 by Lorax

Yes, and why would that be...because the two are not linked possibly?

Don't be a silly billy mun.

They are linked to a degree particularly if looked at over many seasons as you would expect the better teams to have most of the penalities, unfortunately that is not the case for Swansea or the other Welsh teams I would say over the decades, why ?

Penalties this season. on 18:42 - May 22 with 981 viewsTreforys_Jack

You don't tend to get penalties knocking the ball about around your own penalty area.
Penalties this season. on 18:44 - May 22 with 975 viewstrampie

Penalties this season. on 18:42 - May 22 by Treforys_Jack

You don't tend to get penalties knocking the ball about around your own penalty area.

Swansea known for their attacking football, don't forget football used to exist before the Premier League.

Penalties this season. on 21:47 - May 22 with 927 viewsLorax

Penalties this season. on 18:35 - May 22 by trampie

They are linked to a degree particularly if looked at over many seasons as you would expect the better teams to have most of the penalities, unfortunately that is not the case for Swansea or the other Welsh teams I would say over the decades, why ?

Linked to a degree, of course they are, they are part of many football matches but league position doesn't determine who gets more penalties.

Just a short while back we were accused of being cheats because Ayew kept getting awarded penalties. Mind you we were accused by Brentford fans even though they got more penalties than us.

The season just gone, of the 9 teams below us, 3 got one penalty which is the same as us but the other 6 had more penalties than us.. Blackpool finished below us but got 7 penalties, the same as Fulham, Forest, WBA and Boro.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/topErhalteneElfmeter/wettbewerb/GB2

It seems league position didn't have any link to number of penalties awarded last season.
Penalties this season. on 23:27 - May 22 with 886 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 18:09 - May 22 by trampie

It was 2015/16 season, in the February Swans were bottom for bad decisions and I'm pretty sure they did not have a single wrong decisions go their way resulting in a goal, up to that point, I put it on the net at the time and I've seen some reference to it this afternoon but not the full table just talking about the data and the effect on the top of the table.

So you are now talking about one season in isolation almost a decade ago?

It’s just you said we are “often” down the bottom of the league for these things.

Can I take it you meant “we were down the bottom of the league for those things in the 2015/16 season” then?

Penalties this season. on 23:31 - May 22 with 883 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 18:35 - May 22 by trampie

They aren’t linked. Brentford for example have the 4th highest penalties awarded this season.

It’s about how often you get into the opponent’s box and how much possession you have inside your opponents box. League position is irrelevant.

So find a table that shows touches in opponents box, then I’ll take a look again. At the moment you seem to be citing a single season a long time ago, as a reason for all this despite us more often than not in the last decade being awarded more penalties than the majority of the league.

Penalties this season. on 04:26 - May 23 with 855 viewsTreforys_Jack

Penalties this season. on 18:44 - May 22 by trampie

Swansea known for their attacking football, don't forget football used to exist before the Premier League.

So what ? That has no relevance to what you posted. Where is this fictitious evidence you keep referencing or is it just your belief or opinion.
Penalties this season. on 05:42 - May 23 with 839 viewstrampie

Penalties this season. on 04:26 - May 23 by Treforys_Jack

So what ? That has no relevance to what you posted. Where is this fictitious evidence you keep referencing or is it just your belief or opinion.

The more attacks in the box the more likelihood you would think of pens and in my time there was centre forwards like Toshack, Waddle, Jeremy Charles (make shift), Bob Latchford, wide men like Leighton James, Alan Curtis, attacking mids like Robbie James, even fullbacks like Jimmy getting forward (rare in that era), a very attacking time period in Swans history, did the Swans get their fair share of penalties all things considered ?, all things considered I think not.

Penalties this season. on 07:24 - May 23 with 807 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 05:42 - May 23 by trampie

The more attacks in the box the more likelihood you would think of pens and in my time there was centre forwards like Toshack, Waddle, Jeremy Charles (make shift), Bob Latchford, wide men like Leighton James, Alan Curtis, attacking mids like Robbie James, even fullbacks like Jimmy getting forward (rare in that era), a very attacking time period in Swans history, did the Swans get their fair share of penalties all things considered ?, all things considered I think not.

You say ''all things considered'' but it doesn't appear you have considered anything other than a piece by an old ref in 2015 that has conveniently disappeared from the internet, which remarked on one single season.

We were one of the least attacking teams this season, with no direct runners taking players on - as a result we didn't get many penalties.

When we actually had a nice brand of attacking football we used to get loads with Scott Sinclair or Dan James putting defenders into awkward decision making dilemmas in their own box.

As has been stated above, you don't get many penalties when you knock the ball around in your own penalty area.

You don't get many points for doing that either, evidently....

Penalties this season. on 08:26 - May 23 with 781 viewstheloneranger

Penalties this season. on 07:24 - May 23 by Dr_Parnassus

You say ''all things considered'' but it doesn't appear you have considered anything other than a piece by an old ref in 2015 that has conveniently disappeared from the internet, which remarked on one single season.

We were one of the least attacking teams this season, with no direct runners taking players on - as a result we didn't get many penalties.

When we actually had a nice brand of attacking football we used to get loads with Scott Sinclair or Dan James putting defenders into awkward decision making dilemmas in their own box.

As has been stated above, you don't get many penalties when you knock the ball around in your own penalty area.

You don't get many points for doing that either, evidently....

"When we actually had a nice brand of attacking football we used to get loads with Scott Sinclair or Dan James putting defenders into awkward decision making dilemmas in their own box."

What happened in the 2012/13 season then??

We had brilliant attacking football under Michael Laudrup, and were awarded ZERO penalties!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Penalties this season. on 08:39 - May 23 with 758 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 08:26 - May 23 by theloneranger

"When we actually had a nice brand of attacking football we used to get loads with Scott Sinclair or Dan James putting defenders into awkward decision making dilemmas in their own box."

What happened in the 2012/13 season then??

We had brilliant attacking football under Michael Laudrup, and were awarded ZERO penalties!!

Just the way it goes, we can’t be expected to be in the top half of the penalties awarded table every single year.

Some years you will have loads, others you won’t. Under Laudrup whilst yes we were fairly attacking that was the first year we were instructed to tuck the wingers so our play was more about passing than taking on defenders.

It has a large amount to do with “how” you attack. Penalties are usually given for rash challenges, they tend to happen when a player has quick feet or pace.

I would imagine most fouled in the box most years will be players such as Salah, Zaha, Sterling (I’ve not checked the data). But pace and trickery will usually be what does it.

We have nobody that is the championship equivalent of that type of player. We used to with Dyer, Sinclair, Dan James and even Trundle to a degree.
[Post edited 23 May 2022 8:40]

Penalties this season. on 08:43 - May 23 with 757 viewsDr_Parnassus

Most penalties won in Premier League history

- Raheem Sterling (23)
- Jamie Vardy (21)
- Wilfred Zaha (18)

All pace

Penalties this season. on 09:03 - May 23 with 735 viewsSTID2017

Penalties this season. on 08:43 - May 23 by Dr_Parnassus

Most penalties won in Premier League history

- Raheem Sterling (23)
- Jamie Vardy (21)
- Wilfred Zaha (18)

All pace

All divers.
Be honest ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Penalties this season. on 09:18 - May 23 with 725 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 09:03 - May 23 by STID2017

All divers.
Be honest ...

They put themselves in the position to be able to dive because they make defenders lunge in.

We don't have pace, Martin ensured we had no width and no pace. No penalties I am afraid is the result.

Let's stop blaming others all the time.

Penalties this season. on 10:06 - May 23 with 700 viewsSTID2017

Penalties this season. on 09:18 - May 23 by Dr_Parnassus

They put themselves in the position to be able to dive because they make defenders lunge in.

We don't have pace, Martin ensured we had no width and no pace. No penalties I am afraid is the result.

Let's stop blaming others all the time.

You brought those three into the equation?
Not talking about Swans or blaming anyone else ?
There are far more genuine examples who would illustrate your point better.
The three you named are prolific but are also big cheats and whingers

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Penalties this season. on 10:53 - May 23 with 672 viewsDr_Parnassus

Penalties this season. on 10:06 - May 23 by STID2017

You brought those three into the equation?
Not talking about Swans or blaming anyone else ?
There are far more genuine examples who would illustrate your point better.
The three you named are prolific but are also big cheats and whingers

Not sure what you are talking about.

They are the top 3 leading penalty winners in the league, they all have bags of pace. Whether they whinge is irrelevant.

We don't have any players similar to these, meaning we don't have the type of player to attract lunges in the box that makes contact or provides them opportunities to simulate contact.

I thought my point was clear.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024