Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool fans booing the national anthem 18:08 - May 14 with 5215 viewsKeithHaynes

Keep it clean.

Did they also abuse abide with me ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 21:19 - May 15 with 1116 viewsjasper_T

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 21:13 - May 15 by ReslovenSwan1

We are talking generations. Russian like Welsh was generations ago is under the hammer as the English language bulldozers east. Russia is retrenching and grabbing what it can from the legacy Russian speaking communities. Expect an attack on Kazakstan in the future.

Weirdest justification for war I've heard so far, fair play.
Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 16:25 - May 16 with 925 viewsBadlands

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 19:22 - May 15 by jasper_T

The Ukrainian president is a Russian speaker, though. Most of the parts they've invaded are majority first language Russian speaking.

Russia was once part Ukraine then the Muscovite Empire emerged; parts of current Ukraine came under Russian tule, others Hapsburg. Britain joined France and the Ottomans to take Crimea back from the Tsarists.
Under Lenin, the USSR made Ukrainian language and culture official in Ukraine.
Under Stalin Russification was enforced across all states language and culture were outlawed. The agricultural programme led to 6 - 8 million Ukrainians starving to death, a few million being relocated and Russians taking their place.
A sort of huge reenactment of what happened in Ireland under British rule and similar to the cultural and language policies of the English in the UK then every other part of the globe they stole.
Ukrainians speaking Russian is no different from parts of Switzerland speaks French, German or Italian. And Ukraine only achieved freedom in 1997.
As for anthems … I note many (across the internet) who rail against Liverpool fans booing support booing players taking the knee.
As has been said,
'If you object to football fans booing the monarchy that uses £12 million of tax payers money to silence allegation one of the had sex with an underage and trafficked woman. You have very strange attitudes.'

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 16:36 - May 16 with 889 viewsonehunglow

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 16:25 - May 16 by Badlands

Russia was once part Ukraine then the Muscovite Empire emerged; parts of current Ukraine came under Russian tule, others Hapsburg. Britain joined France and the Ottomans to take Crimea back from the Tsarists.
Under Lenin, the USSR made Ukrainian language and culture official in Ukraine.
Under Stalin Russification was enforced across all states language and culture were outlawed. The agricultural programme led to 6 - 8 million Ukrainians starving to death, a few million being relocated and Russians taking their place.
A sort of huge reenactment of what happened in Ireland under British rule and similar to the cultural and language policies of the English in the UK then every other part of the globe they stole.
Ukrainians speaking Russian is no different from parts of Switzerland speaks French, German or Italian. And Ukraine only achieved freedom in 1997.
As for anthems … I note many (across the internet) who rail against Liverpool fans booing support booing players taking the knee.
As has been said,
'If you object to football fans booing the monarchy that uses £12 million of tax payers money to silence allegation one of the had sex with an underage and trafficked woman. You have very strange attitudes.'

That i a very good post that's make me think.
I missed the booeing as I was watching another game but I read the indignation wa sbooeing A W M ,a tune I actually hate myself but I wouldnt boo;Im not a booer myself.

I am anti monarchy though,at least ours,and I agree that the defence of Andrew BY OUR Queen has destroyed any credibility. Watching the largesse last night at her Platinum do and the grotesque display of luvviness from Tom Cruise-ffs to Helen Mirren was something to puke over.

We need to se this Queen abdicate and go pas over Charles and give the King gig to Wills who might -and should see us radically alter the Crown's obscene land owning wealth and curtain the privileges still abounding for them. Why three Rolls Royces .

We are all being told to expect austerity but we are NOT all in it together,as should be obvious.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 17:09 - May 16 with 870 viewsjasper_T

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 16:36 - May 16 by onehunglow

That i a very good post that's make me think.
I missed the booeing as I was watching another game but I read the indignation wa sbooeing A W M ,a tune I actually hate myself but I wouldnt boo;Im not a booer myself.

I am anti monarchy though,at least ours,and I agree that the defence of Andrew BY OUR Queen has destroyed any credibility. Watching the largesse last night at her Platinum do and the grotesque display of luvviness from Tom Cruise-ffs to Helen Mirren was something to puke over.

We need to se this Queen abdicate and go pas over Charles and give the King gig to Wills who might -and should see us radically alter the Crown's obscene land owning wealth and curtain the privileges still abounding for them. Why three Rolls Royces .

We are all being told to expect austerity but we are NOT all in it together,as should be obvious.

William's a wrong'un as well, don't let the lack of press about him fool you.

Abolish the lot and reclaim their lands for public use. The French make more money from their palaces than we do, without any monarchs squatting in them.
Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 17:19 - May 16 with 855 viewsonehunglow

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 17:09 - May 16 by jasper_T

Abolish the lot and reclaim their lands for public use. The French make more money from their palaces than we do, without any monarchs squatting in them.

Jasper
It's a perennial argument isn't it'"look how much money they bring in. "That is their main function then? God help us,that London has to rely on the Royals to bring in money which stays in London area.
Why do they need Balmoral,Sandringham ,Windsor Castle,St James Palace ,etc . Their income from land owning alone is immense;all land which was effectively stolen from people.

They are a mammoth pith take ,for me anyway. I don't agree with booing though;I d prefer people not to bow/curtsey and show deference and to not be refered to as subjects

Recently Wills and wifey went around a former colony with Kath sporting clothes that would clothe a Jamaican family for a few years. We do not need this,many of us don't want it.

Sadly,many do.

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 19:32 - May 16 with 755 viewstrampie

Liverpool anti English
Liverpool anti Tory party
Liverpool anti Monarchy
Liverpool anti Police
Liverpool anti Sun newspaper

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 20:48 - May 16 with 733 viewsFireboy2

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 17:09 - May 16 by jasper_T

That's correct jasper, the country will still earn money on tourism whether they are in power or are not, its because this island has history.
[Post edited 16 May 2022 21:17]
Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 20:50 - May 16 with 719 viewsKeithHaynes

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 19:32 - May 16 by trampie

Liverpool anti English
Liverpool anti Tory party
Liverpool anti Monarchy
Liverpool anti Police
Liverpool anti Sun newspaper

It’s a very negative life.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 21:05 - May 16 with 698 viewstrampie

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 20:50 - May 16 by KeithHaynes

They are pro somethings mun.

Liverpool is pro Football
Liverpool is pro Music
Liverpool is pro Catholic
Liverpool is pro Shell Suits
Liverpool is pro Curly Perms
[Post edited 16 May 2022 21:06]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 21:09 - May 16 with 685 viewsonehunglow

It' s a wonderful wonderful life

Play it in your set list Guv

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 21:56 - May 16 with 667 viewsKilkennyjack

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 21:29 - May 14 by Lohengrin

The inane ranting of mentally ill communists mean sweet FA.

When England play, as I said, there’s no doubt who the locals cheer for. Go up and see for yourself when the World Cup is on. It’s a great city for a few days away.

Why did they boo the anthem and that Prince bloke then ? 🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:00 - May 16 with 665 viewsKilkennyjack

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 15:11 - May 15 by jasper_T

Nothing wrong with booing monarchy. It's an abhorrent concept and insane that we still have it.

Nothing about being born in a country says you have to be proud of it and/or its rulers, either. There's obviously a resurgence in anti-English sentiment over Ireland since Brexit mucked up all those delicately balanced agreements. People with family across borders are going to have different views on how proud they should be to be subjects of the good old British Empire.

Correct.

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:08 - May 16 with 662 viewsKilkennyjack

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 19:09 - May 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Thought for the day from my log cabin in Resolven. Prepare to go out of your comfort zone of assumptions and narratives.

Many Liverpool people are of Celtic origins just as many Welsh people are of English origins.

The Liverpudlians from this heritage do not feel particularly English just as some Swansea fans on this forum espouse love for Swansea city behind a Union Jack be that baffling to the rest of us.

They are Welsh but do not feel the love for their heritage. This is because they are of English economic migrant stock and this has been passed down through 4 or 5 generations going back the the glory days of the South Wales Coalfield.

This mentality becomes less each generation. DNA analysis does not suggest Welsh people are English but English people are Welsh. The Anglo Saxon was not a conquest. It was a conversion of Celts to speaking their language. Ireland has 5 million Celts speaking English.

Lets face it English is a great language. Even Russia and Putin is being crushed by its march across Eastern Europe.

Ukranians not learning Russian is one reason for invading to preserve the language. The march of English is unstoppable. Welsh learned this lesson 400 years ago,
[Post edited 15 May 2022 19:11]

Most countries have 2 languages.
Just like Cymru.
[Post edited 16 May 2022 22:08]

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:11 - May 16 with 661 viewsKilkennyjack

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:13 - May 14 by Boundy

Over 906,000 live in Liverpool so I suspect a few spouting off on the internet isn't true reflection of reality . I suppose it could be compared to some rabid nationalist comments on here, say it ain't so Joe

Judge for yourself ….

Seems pretty much everyone in red was booing.
I am a bit disapoointed that the players in ref did not join in. 🇬🇧

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:16 - May 16 with 650 viewsKilkennyjack

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 09:00 - May 15 by onehunglow

Quite how trampie gets away with this I do not know,then to complain about that which others post.

This site owner's very own wife is a Scouser (not scoucer) and I've no doubt she didn't support those who left a bomb on Warrington high St as a spectacular.As is the case with Liverpool people in general and all England. As for Wales and the Welsh,reading that which trampie and killy post regularly,I 'd suggest a good look in the mirror is recommened.

I'll bring this up next time I speak to my scouser best chum. We were abroad with he and his missus when Wales played England in World Cup and lost. They were not supporting Wales ,for sure.

Booing Abide with Me was dumb in the extreme and possibly seen as a colonial dirge by Woke fans.

Enjoy. 🇬🇧

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:17 - May 16 with 648 viewsLohengrin

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 21:56 - May 16 by Kilkennyjack

Why did they boo the anthem and that Prince bloke then ? 🤷‍♂️

Well we don’t really know who ‘they’ are? Like Manchester and Glasgow the city of Liverpool itself is blue; Liverpool FC draws a disparate, often laughable type of supporter. People attach themselves to these ‘ big clubs’ in much the same way as pubescent girls identify with pop groups.

As far as Liverpool FC itself goes it was formed in 1892 by a steering committee of Orangemen headed by Provincial Grand Master John Houlding. Killy, Liverpool didn’t sign a single Catholic player for the first ninety years of its existence, although in fairness when they did they made it a good ‘un in Ronnie Whelan.

Don’t you and Trampie get carried away with the idea that it’s the north west branch of the Harry Pollit fan club, it isn’t.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 00:12 - May 17 with 621 viewsKilkennyjack

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 22:17 - May 16 by Lohengrin

Well we don’t really know who ‘they’ are? Like Manchester and Glasgow the city of Liverpool itself is blue; Liverpool FC draws a disparate, often laughable type of supporter. People attach themselves to these ‘ big clubs’ in much the same way as pubescent girls identify with pop groups.

As far as Liverpool FC itself goes it was formed in 1892 by a steering committee of Orangemen headed by Provincial Grand Master John Houlding. Killy, Liverpool didn’t sign a single Catholic player for the first ninety years of its existence, although in fairness when they did they made it a good ‘un in Ronnie Whelan.

Don’t you and Trampie get carried away with the idea that it’s the north west branch of the Harry Pollit fan club, it isn’t.

Well …. If your theory is correct, then why doesn’t the support of the other ‘big English clubs’ also behave this way ?

Klopp asking the very same question …

I wonder what it could be ?

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 07:32 - May 17 with 550 viewsWhiterockin

Not necessarily Liverpool is a sharing city, what's yours is mine.
Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 07:37 - May 17 with 533 viewsonehunglow

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 07:32 - May 17 by Whiterockin

Doesn't help really Whitey.

How about the hypocrisy of working clas Welsh attacking those showing distain for a system that saw a City singled out to let rot.

Imagine that being Swansea or Merthyr or Llanelli.

It' s a case of Liverpool people having the guts and honesty others do not have which makes it unique.

Look in the mirror

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 08:20 - May 17 with 505 viewsWhiterockin

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 07:37 - May 17 by onehunglow

Doesn't help really Whitey.

How about the hypocrisy of working clas Welsh attacking those showing distain for a system that saw a City singled out to let rot.

Imagine that being Swansea or Merthyr or Llanelli.

It' s a case of Liverpool people having the guts and honesty others do not have which makes it unique.

Look in the mirror

Lighten up mate, a city doesn't get a reputation for nothing and I have seen it first hand.
Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 08:56 - May 17 with 480 viewstrampie

Thomas Power O’Connor was a Liverpool MP from
1885 until he died in 1929 he is the only MP standing for an Irish nationalist party to be elected to Westminster Parliament outside of the island of Ireland.

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 09:21 - May 17 with 467 viewsonehunglow

I see a LFC banner Fxck the Tories,then I think the majority of south Wales would echo the same sentiments .But no.

Ive seen on here posts like,no decent welsh person SHOULD vote Tory and no Welsh people CAN vote Tory.

So why abuse those who show this in public .?

Worth thinking about

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 09:23 - May 17 with 461 viewstrampie

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 07:32 - May 17 by Whiterockin

That made me laugh Whiterockin

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 09:49 - May 17 with 448 viewsonehunglow

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 08:20 - May 17 by Whiterockin

Lighten up mate, a city doesn't get a reputation for nothing and I have seen it first hand.

Lighten up!

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 09:49 - May 17 with 450 viewsKilkennyjack

Liverpool fans booing the national anthem on 08:56 - May 17 by trampie

Thomas Power O’Connor was a Liverpool MP from
1885 until he died in 1929 he is the only MP standing for an Irish nationalist party to be elected to Westminster Parliament outside of the island of Ireland.

Liverpool is a Celtic culture city in both its DNA and thinking.

Lennon and McCartney is a clue ….
Likewise Rooney …

Wrecsam will also boo the British anthem next weekend.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024