Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4/3/3 next season states Martin 20:50 - May 17 with 1794 viewsmagicdaps10

Plans to play 4/3/3 next season as it offers more fluidity to the system played.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 20:52 - May 18 with 432 viewsonehunglow

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 20:50 - May 18 by vetchonian

Steve Martin coul be better than Russell...the Burbs and Allen reference will have gone over many heads OHL

I know .I accept I am rather esoteric but Iam what I am.You can only be yourself and you should.

Steve Martin would be a great addition to the music scene anyway.He's brilliant banjo player.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 22:02 - May 18 with 392 viewsBrynmill_Jack

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 09:16 - May 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

Let's he realises the front wide players need to be quick in the style of Dyer and Sinclair then 433 can become 451 or even 631.

I’d love to see a front three of Joseph, Obafemi and Oiroe. Be a miracle if those two stay though.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 22:05 - May 18 with 386 viewsraynor94

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 22:02 - May 18 by Brynmill_Jack

I’d love to see a front three of Joseph, Obafemi and Oiroe. Be a miracle if those two stay though.

Well, Joseph certain ly looks like he's on his way out

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 11:43 - May 19 with 299 viewsLorax

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 08:16 - May 18 by magicdaps10

That's already been highlighted by Martin OHL, I think it was highlighted more so when Cabango was injured but Martin has come out and stated that more height is needed defensively.

My view on the formation change is a good one, I like a 4 at the back and I think the formation change implemented with the style that is being played will certainly benefit us as a team.

Right I'm not attacking anyone besides Martin here BUT, it was obvious for most of last season that a back three wasn't working. Why has he only now realised? There were many calls on here for a return to a back 4.

One good thing, turns out many on here did know better!

Next thing, in a 4-3-3 that makes us very overstocked in midfield but short at the back and up front, the recruitment team will be very busy.

I'd say, if were doing this, then we have to move the ball more quickly, what point in 3 forwards if we don't get the ball to them before the oppo park the bus. We also need more pace, Obafemi could be a star man in 3 forwards but only if the wider players can get in behind and lay on good crosses, look at Kostic (sic) last night, he hurt Rangers down their right side, pace and aggression, it's what we need more of.

Last thing, how does Grimes fit into a 4-3-3? If Downes is still here he could thrive but Grimes is just too slow, for me anyway.
4/3/3 next season states Martin on 12:14 - May 19 with 291 viewsmagicdaps10

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 11:43 - May 19 by Lorax

Right I'm not attacking anyone besides Martin here BUT, it was obvious for most of last season that a back three wasn't working. Why has he only now realised? There were many calls on here for a return to a back 4.

One good thing, turns out many on here did know better!

Next thing, in a 4-3-3 that makes us very overstocked in midfield but short at the back and up front, the recruitment team will be very busy.

I'd say, if were doing this, then we have to move the ball more quickly, what point in 3 forwards if we don't get the ball to them before the oppo park the bus. We also need more pace, Obafemi could be a star man in 3 forwards but only if the wider players can get in behind and lay on good crosses, look at Kostic (sic) last night, he hurt Rangers down their right side, pace and aggression, it's what we need more of.

Last thing, how does Grimes fit into a 4-3-3? If Downes is still here he could thrive but Grimes is just too slow, for me anyway.

I myself have called for a back 4 but I will reserve judgement and will certainly not say I or anyone knew better until its used over a space of time before it can be classed as a success or not.

Myself personally, I would go with that formation with the players we currently have

FISHER

NAUGHTON-LATI-CABANGO-MANNONG

GRIMES-DOWNES

NTCHAM

PATTERSON-OBEFAMI-PIROE

although there are varying ways too play a 4-3-3, one holding midfielder, one central striker, interchangeable front 3.
You can play a front 3 against a team who park the bus but you will likely need 2 of the attacking forwards to be creative midfielders rather than 3 strikers.....this is where management and coaches out do us fans when it comes to tactics.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 12:27 - May 19 with 278 viewsBryanSwan

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 12:14 - May 19 by magicdaps10

I myself have called for a back 4 but I will reserve judgement and will certainly not say I or anyone knew better until its used over a space of time before it can be classed as a success or not.

Myself personally, I would go with that formation with the players we currently have

FISHER

NAUGHTON-LATI-CABANGO-MANNONG

GRIMES-DOWNES

NTCHAM

PATTERSON-OBEFAMI-PIROE

although there are varying ways too play a 4-3-3, one holding midfielder, one central striker, interchangeable front 3.
You can play a front 3 against a team who park the bus but you will likely need 2 of the attacking forwards to be creative midfielders rather than 3 strikers.....this is where management and coaches out do us fans when it comes to tactics.

I think we are left with some gaps shifting to a more traditional 433.
Assuming Piroe leaves.
This is what i would line up with (? Where i think we are weak):
Fisher
Naughton Cabango LCB?? LB??
Downes Grimes
RW?? Pato LW??
Obafemi

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 13:29 - May 19 with 253 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 12:27 - May 19 by BryanSwan

I think we are left with some gaps shifting to a more traditional 433.
Assuming Piroe leaves.
This is what i would line up with (? Where i think we are weak):
Fisher
Naughton Cabango LCB?? LB??
Downes Grimes
RW?? Pato LW??
Obafemi

Pato would be one of the wingers. That’s if he doesn’t have a massive strop and refuse to play.
4/3/3 next season states Martin on 14:20 - May 19 with 231 viewsDr_Parnassus

4/3/3 next season states Martin on 13:29 - May 19 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Pato would be one of the wingers. That’s if he doesn’t have a massive strop and refuse to play.

Things are not rosy between Pato and the club so wouldn’t be overly shocked to not see him again, unless they can put the strops to one side.

He’s one of our best attacking threats so let’s hope they can come to a resolution. We can’t be having the attitude we saw this season.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024