Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walsh 16:09 - Jul 5 with 3269 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Ruptured his achilles vs Haverfordwest last week, which means he'll be out for sometime.

It also means we won't be able to get shot of him this window like we were obviously hoping too. I still think who ever sanctioned his signing should be given the sack for giving a three year deal to a notorious sick note who spent almost the entire previous season out injured. Having said that, maybe they've already left the club.

I don't want to see too harsh on the lad as he's undoubtedly a talented player, it's just a shame he's made of glass.
Walsh on 16:33 - Jul 5 with 2655 viewsguthrieintherain

Nasty injury that hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Walsh on 17:02 - Jul 5 with 2600 viewsnyc_swans

achilles is a freak/random injury and not reflective of somebody being injury prone.

not sure i'll ever understand people who want to take this out on whoever signed the player or the player himself. it's just unlucky. nobody can predict this kind of injury. not sure i care about the club being unable to sell him now, it's just shame for the player who may never be able to reach his potential.
Walsh on 17:10 - Jul 5 with 2576 viewsWhiterockin

Walsh on 17:02 - Jul 5 by nyc_swans

achilles is a freak/random injury and not reflective of somebody being injury prone.

not sure i'll ever understand people who want to take this out on whoever signed the player or the player himself. it's just unlucky. nobody can predict this kind of injury. not sure i care about the club being unable to sell him now, it's just shame for the player who may never be able to reach his potential.

If it was just the one injury I would agree, but he does seem to be "injury prone".
Walsh on 17:10 - Jul 5 with 2576 viewsraynor94

Pay his contract up

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Walsh on 17:18 - Jul 5 with 2553 viewsDr_Winston

Walsh on 17:10 - Jul 5 by Whiterockin

If it was just the one injury I would agree, but he does seem to be "injury prone".

It is an unfortunate reality that some players are naturally more fragile and prone to injury than others. It's just biology. Something in the genes maybe. Wouldn't surprise me if somone somewhere was doing a study on it.

On the flip side you have the fortunate ones like Ashley Williams or Matt Grimes who can play game in, game out, month in, month out with barely a scratch.

It's nobodys fault, nor it is anyone's credit. Just a roll of the genetic dice. There are those who will try to blame the players themselves as if they somehow prefer being injured to playing, but they're easily ignored.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Walsh on 17:20 - Jul 5 with 2547 viewsjasper_T

Walsh on 17:10 - Jul 5 by raynor94

Pay his contract up

Cheaper to claim on insurance for the next few months.
Walsh on 17:22 - Jul 5 with 2532 viewsraynor94

Walsh on 17:20 - Jul 5 by jasper_T

Cheaper to claim on insurance for the next few months.

You know best, but he does seems to be made of glass

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Walsh on 17:58 - Jul 5 with 2469 viewsReslovenSwan1

Walsh on 17:18 - Jul 5 by Dr_Winston

It is an unfortunate reality that some players are naturally more fragile and prone to injury than others. It's just biology. Something in the genes maybe. Wouldn't surprise me if somone somewhere was doing a study on it.

On the flip side you have the fortunate ones like Ashley Williams or Matt Grimes who can play game in, game out, month in, month out with barely a scratch.

It's nobodys fault, nor it is anyone's credit. Just a roll of the genetic dice. There are those who will try to blame the players themselves as if they somehow prefer being injured to playing, but they're easily ignored.

Jack Wilshere was one of these unlucky players. No matter what the circumstance Jack was unlucky. Destined for great things and superstardom but sadly for him he never made it. A rather relaxed persona with a fondness for cigarettes.

I recently have been out of action with a calf strain first time ever. I have worked out by regular stretch exercises and maintenance I can return to light jogging. Does Walsh do these routine things 12 months a year.? Young people think they are indestructible until they are not. I never had muscle problems in my youth.

There is bad luck clearly and natural lack of resilience and there is also maintenance routines and personal discipline.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2022 17:59]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Walsh on 18:17 - Jul 5 with 2426 viewsFlashberryjack

Surely before signing a player you'd look very closely at his full injury history.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Walsh on 18:28 - Jul 5 with 2419 viewsonehunglow

Walsh on 17:22 - Jul 5 by raynor94

You know best, but he does seems to be made of glass

Glass can be tough.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Walsh on 18:54 - Jul 5 with 2390 viewsGixerJack

Walsh on 18:28 - Jul 5 by onehunglow

Glass can be tough.

But clearly not the glass that Walsh is made of
Walsh on 19:26 - Jul 5 with 2351 viewsonehunglow

Walsh on 18:54 - Jul 5 by GixerJack

But clearly not the glass that Walsh is made of

You ve got a heart of glass

Walsh on 20:01 - Jul 5 with 2290 viewsJohnw102

Walsh on 18:17 - Jul 5 by Flashberryjack

Surely before signing a player you'd look very closely at his full injury history.

Joey Allen?

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Walsh on 20:02 - Jul 5 with 2289 viewsKeithHaynes

Walsh on 17:58 - Jul 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Jack Wilshere was one of these unlucky players. No matter what the circumstance Jack was unlucky. Destined for great things and superstardom but sadly for him he never made it. A rather relaxed persona with a fondness for cigarettes.

I recently have been out of action with a calf strain first time ever. I have worked out by regular stretch exercises and maintenance I can return to light jogging. Does Walsh do these routine things 12 months a year.? Young people think they are indestructible until they are not. I never had muscle problems in my youth.

There is bad luck clearly and natural lack of resilience and there is also maintenance routines and personal discipline.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2022 17:59]

I would have thought he has an an all year round stamina and strength plan at least plus the obvious specific training programmes. Russell Martin wouldn’t allow him to become lax. These people have the very best, same as all clubs with as many sports science and coaches as the swans.

He’s just injury prone sadly.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Walsh on 22:31 - Jul 5 with 2175 viewsOptimisticJack

Really feel sorry for the lad.
Some very insensitive souls about.

Optimisticjack

Walsh on 02:09 - Jul 6 with 2100 viewsangryjack

Walsh on 22:31 - Jul 5 by OptimisticJack

Really feel sorry for the lad.
Some very insensitive souls about.

Some players also don't want lkay if they got a bad finger and don't feel 100% and then some will try and play with ball leg hanging off..some players are mentally weak..was listening to Stewart downing on a podcast the other day saying exactly that about suarez saying he would play through anything and others would sit things out over nothing and play on things..as for walsh should never ever have signed him if you had looked at his history,the season before he signed he was injured most of it for bristol city..someone must have had a backhander with his agent..
Walsh on 04:59 - Jul 6 with 2079 viewsOptimisticJack

Walsh on 02:09 - Jul 6 by angryjack

Some players also don't want lkay if they got a bad finger and don't feel 100% and then some will try and play with ball leg hanging off..some players are mentally weak..was listening to Stewart downing on a podcast the other day saying exactly that about suarez saying he would play through anything and others would sit things out over nothing and play on things..as for walsh should never ever have signed him if you had looked at his history,the season before he signed he was injured most of it for bristol city..someone must have had a backhander with his agent..

A ruptured achilles tendon is not in the head.

Optimisticjack

Walsh on 06:11 - Jul 6 with 2061 viewsKilkennyjack

I agree.

The clear warning signs were there.
And frankly he has been not so great when we have seen him play.

Beware of the Risen People

Walsh on 08:57 - Jul 6 with 1999 viewsonehunglow

It’s fair to say an Achilles injury is signifying. I ve damaged it myself and if not treated right it will cause you discomfort in recent years

However Walsh has picked up all sorts and seems prone to breaking down a lot.

In contrast Ash Williams was that keen to play he played through minor injuries. Many pros do .They want to play that bad.

Walsh has been a catastrophic signing and he joins a long list

Walsh on 09:08 - Jul 6 with 1993 viewsCatullus

Walsh on 04:59 - Jul 6 by OptimisticJack

A ruptured achilles tendon is not in the head.

Nobody is saying it is, what we are saying is that Walsh is a sicknote. He is constantly getting injured and not available. When he was out on loan he didn't play often, not sure exactly why, was he injured or just not good enough.

Either way he has been a bad signing which is why we have been trying to offload him. I wish him well, good luck for the future but as a club, we need to move him on. That won't happen now. I can't see anybody wanting him, maybe a club much lower down will give him a chance but he's not getting another 3 year deal anywhere, no one is taking that chance again, surely?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Walsh on 10:23 - Jul 6 with 1943 viewsThrasher6

Had a nasty spate of injuries in my playing days.. Poleaxed by a twisted sock for two months, followed by a fractured shin pad a week later...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Walsh on 10:49 - Jul 6 with 1917 viewsSkewenMitch

Sad that the guy has a bad injury but, sureley the club have him insured so his wage will not stop any new signings
Walsh on 10:51 - Jul 6 with 1912 viewsWhiterockin

Walsh on 10:49 - Jul 6 by SkewenMitch

Sad that the guy has a bad injury but, sureley the club have him insured so his wage will not stop any new signings

Problem is he will be "fit" as soon as the window closes and we have to pay him.
Walsh on 12:43 - Jul 6 with 1865 viewsjasper_T

Walsh on 10:51 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

Problem is he will be "fit" as soon as the window closes and we have to pay him.

A ruptured achilles is 6 months at least.
Walsh on 12:50 - Jul 6 with 1854 viewsWhiterockin

Walsh on 12:43 - Jul 6 by jasper_T

A ruptured achilles is 6 months at least.

6 months insurance and 6 pay then, how long is left on his contract?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024