Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please talk to someone if you need to (upsetting content) 10:01 - Dec 19 with 1922 viewsSirjohnalot

Just found out another colleague of mine took his life last night in the middle of a trial. Outwardly funny, confident, lonely family, really nice man.

There’s always someone to listen

https://www.samaritans.org/
Please talk to someone if you need to (upsetting content) on 10:03 - Dec 19 with 1911 viewsvetchonian

So sorry to hear this news but it shows no one knows what is happening inside peoples heads..

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Please talk to someone if you need to (upsetting content) on 10:05 - Dec 19 with 1907 viewsSirjohnalot

Please talk to someone if you need to (upsetting content) on 10:03 - Dec 19 by vetchonian

So sorry to hear this news but it shows no one knows what is happening inside peoples heads..

I’m gutted. Such a nice man. Could be the stress of the job, who knows ? Only had a coffee with him a couple of weeks ago and he was taking the mick out of wales and the World Cup.
Please talk to someone if you need to (upsetting content) on 10:33 - Dec 19 with 1865 viewsWhiterockin

Terrible news as it is always when someone takes their own life. The pressure of your job must be incredible at times, do you have to defend someone if you think they are guilty?
Please talk to someone if you need to (upsetting content) on 10:45 - Dec 19 with 1850 viewsSirjohnalot

Please talk to someone if you need to (upsetting content) on 10:33 - Dec 19 by Whiterockin

Terrible news as it is always when someone takes their own life. The pressure of your job must be incredible at times, do you have to defend someone if you think they are guilty?

Yes. I have frequently but I’m not a jury. If they tell you they’re guilty but want a trial, you then withdraw as you cannot mislead the court.

I use running, weights etc as a release valve, plenty of my colleagues turn to drink and cocaine eg instead. I’m also very very silly at home any annoying to my wife. Can’t be serious at home too
Please talk to someone if you need to (upsetting content) on 10:52 - Dec 19 with 1829 viewsWhiterockin

Please talk to someone if you need to (upsetting content) on 10:45 - Dec 19 by Sirjohnalot

Yes. I have frequently but I’m not a jury. If they tell you they’re guilty but want a trial, you then withdraw as you cannot mislead the court.

I use running, weights etc as a release valve, plenty of my colleagues turn to drink and cocaine eg instead. I’m also very very silly at home any annoying to my wife. Can’t be serious at home too

Thanks for the reply, the pressure must be incredible.
Please talk to someone if you need to (upsetting content) on 11:19 - Dec 19 with 1788 viewsSirjohnalot

Please talk to someone if you need to (upsetting content) on 10:52 - Dec 19 by Whiterockin

Thanks for the reply, the pressure must be incredible.

You develop quite a dark sense of humour. Wouldn’t last otherwise
Please talk to someone if you need to (upsetting content) on 11:26 - Dec 19 with 1773 viewsSTID2017

Please talk to someone if you need to (upsetting content) on 11:19 - Dec 19 by Sirjohnalot

You develop quite a dark sense of humour. Wouldn’t last otherwise

Awful news.
Take care

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Please talk to someone if you need to (upsetting content) on 11:49 - Dec 19 with 1736 viewsonehunglow

Yes indeed.
Most distressing and this time of the year is a peak time for this .
It’s particularly traumatising for family left behind to deal with .
It lasts a lifetime
My brother in law found his father hanging from the bannisters fifty years ago. He never ever talks about it but it has stayed with him.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Please talk to someone if you need to (upsetting content) on 12:19 - Dec 19 with 1718 viewsOptimisticJack

So sad.
Thoughts are with his family, friends and colleagues.
Alcohol dependency, cocaine use and the nature of such a high profile stressful job could create a perfect storm.
Suicide can affect anyone at any time.
As football fans the deaths of Gary Speed and Alan Davies are examples of this.
This time of the year is often the most difficult for so many and frequently be a trigger for serious depression.
Us men are so good at bottling up our emotions. Women are more likely to talk to someone about their inner feelings.
Our emotions needs to come out in some form - and yes its a cliche -
" Its good to talk"
If you are feeling down do your best to try and talk to someone.
It could just be a complete stranger and the Samaritans is an amazing organisation
Doing this may just help and make all the difference.
I urge anyone feeling this way not to try and fight this beast alone.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2022 13:17]

Optimisticjack

Please talk to someone if you need to (upsetting content) on 21:12 - Dec 19 with 1512 viewsKilkennyjack

So sorry to read this.

Please speak to someone if you need a little help.
Everyone one of us needs a little help now and again.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024