Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED 00:12 - Feb 16 with 14497 viewsNotLoyal

This is the game which will test the Swans the most over the coming eight days. It’s Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City in the Championship !

Kick off 3pm on Saturday 18th February 2022

Referee : THOMAS BRAMALL
Lino’s : Graham Kane and Richard Wild
Fourth Official : Robert Lewis

Thomas Bramall has never officiated at a home game for the Swans. And this is his third time away. He was the referee when Preston beat Swansea 3-1 back in 2021. And he was also the official when Oxford United dumped Swansea out of the League cup earlier on in the season. Rumour has it he was actually born in a Lane hence his surname.

Blackburn Rovers looking to expose Swansea City’s weaknesses 18th Feb 2023 11:03
Swansea City go in search of their first win at Ewood Park since 1971 in a game that many don’t give the side much of a chance this afternoon in Lancashire. There is little to worry about regards Russell Martin’s team selection, but we can expect a change after the struggles of Wednesday evening despite a 2-1 win. 0

Blackburn Rovers: Aynsley Pears, Harry Pickering, Daniel Ayala, Dominic Hyam, Sam Gallagher, Tyrhys Dolan, Sorba Thomas, Hayden Carter, John Buckley, Ben Brereton Diaz, Lewis Travis (captain).

Substitutes: Joe Hilton, Sammie Szmodics, Tyler Morton, Callum Brittain, Ash Phillips, Bradley Dack, Ryan Hedges.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Harry Darling, Ben Cabango; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Joe Allen, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Luke Cundle; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andreas Sondergaard, Olivier Ntcham, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Liam Walsh, Matty Sorinola, Ollie Cooper.

Chances spurned Nothing learned 18th Feb 2023 18:05
Russell Martin’s frustrations continued after a promising start at Ewood Park this afternoon in front of over five hundred travelling Swans fans. Despite the domination in the first half and hitting the bar from a Ben Cabango header the game ended with the inevitable conclusion. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:29 - Feb 17 with 1600 viewsmax936

3-0 just don't see us getting anything and a I'm being generous by predicting a 3-0 loss, we were shocking against a really poor Blackpool and won almost by default.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:30 - Feb 17 with 1600 viewsSTID2017

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:12 - Feb 17 by union_jack

You don’t ask for much do you?

Jam on it too would be great 😁
I live in hope.
Seriously a draw would be a great result though

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:38 - Feb 17 with 1584 viewsunion_jack

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:30 - Feb 17 by STID2017

Jam on it too would be great 😁
I live in hope.
Seriously a draw would be a great result though

Too bloody right it would be😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:39 - Feb 17 with 1575 viewsDr_Parnassus

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 15:08 - Feb 17 by raynor94

Sky bet has us as favourites, do they know something we dont

They are in awful form, won 1 of their last 8, and that was against Cardiff.

They got battered 4-0 to Rotherham in amongst that.

They are below us in the 10 game form table, which takes some doing.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:47 - Feb 17 with 1559 viewsSTID2017

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:39 - Feb 17 by Dr_Parnassus

They are in awful form, won 1 of their last 8, and that was against Cardiff.

They got battered 4-0 to Rotherham in amongst that.

They are below us in the 10 game form table, which takes some doing.

Under normal circumstances I would be backing us for a win, especially based on the form table.
However, we just seem devoid of confidence at the moment.
Even if we get our noses in front and seem on course for a win, as we were on Wednesday, it seems to me the nerves set in and this gives the opposition confidence.
I think a draw would be a great result up there

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:53 - Feb 17 with 1551 viewsDr_Parnassus

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:47 - Feb 17 by STID2017

Under normal circumstances I would be backing us for a win, especially based on the form table.
However, we just seem devoid of confidence at the moment.
Even if we get our noses in front and seem on course for a win, as we were on Wednesday, it seems to me the nerves set in and this gives the opposition confidence.
I think a draw would be a great result up there

Not sure I would label it as great, but it would certainly be fine. They are on a serious downward trajectory and there isn’t many players I would swap with theirs man for man.

I’d take a draw, but wouldn’t be overjoyed with it.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 11:20 - Feb 18 with 1376 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackburn Rovers looking to expose Swansea City’s weaknesses 18th Feb 2023 11:03
Swansea City go in search of their first win at Ewood Park since 1971 in a game that many don’t give the side much of a chance this afternoon in Lancashire. There is little to worry about regards Russell Martin’s team selection, but we can expect a change after the struggles of Wednesday evening despite a 2-1 win. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 12:06 - Feb 18 with 1334 viewsSmallmawl

I heard he didn't like the terms the Yanks offered.
Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 12:18 - Feb 18 with 1315 viewsSullutaCreturned

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:53 - Feb 17 by Dr_Parnassus

Not sure I would label it as great, but it would certainly be fine. They are on a serious downward trajectory and there isn’t many players I would swap with theirs man for man.

I’d take a draw, but wouldn’t be overjoyed with it.

Pears, Rankin, Wharton, Dack, Brereton...

I'd be happy with a draw given our performance against B;ackpool, given our managers choices and the obvious lack of confidence.

That we could do better if managed properly is another thing.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 12:29 - Feb 18 with 1292 viewsSTID2017

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 12:18 - Feb 18 by SullutaCreturned

I'd be happy with a draw given our performance against B;ackpool, given our managers choices and the obvious lack of confidence.

Agree.
Our team is average in a poor league.
Apart from the top two and possibly the bottom three anyone can beat anyone.
And as could have happened on Wednesday, we so lack confidence that even the bottom three could beat us.
With a new manager, who knows?
Certainly no guarantees it would be any better under these owners

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 12:39 - Feb 18 with 1282 viewsDr_Parnassus

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 12:18 - Feb 18 by SullutaCreturned

Brereton over Piroe? Not a chance.

Dack, Rankin and Wharton in central midfield… Over who? Dack played 9 games last season and only starts about half their games this season. Wharton has played 10 games this season, same as Rankin most seasons.

Pears plays about 2-3 times a season.

They aren’t even guaranteed starters for them.

Come on now Cat.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:01 - Feb 18 with 1244 viewsSTID2017

If our probable matchday squad went on sale today, the only ones that would attract interest from Championship clubs for any fee are Cabango, Manning, Darling, Cooper, Piroe and, Whittaker.
Of those, only Piroe and Cabangowould offer an improvement to most of the first 11s
IMHO of course ...

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:05 - Feb 18 with 1234 viewsDr_Parnassus

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:01 - Feb 18 by STID2017

If our probable matchday squad went on sale today, the only ones that would attract interest from Championship clubs for any fee are Cabango, Manning, Darling, Cooper, Piroe and, Whittaker.
Of those, only Piroe and Cabangowould offer an improvement to most of the first 11s
IMHO of course ...

Grimes, Allen, Ntcham, Fulton, Benda, Pato, Wood and Cullen.

They would all find Championship or better clubs.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:13 - Feb 18 with 1209 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:05 - Feb 18 by Dr_Parnassus

The anomaly there being Paterson, but since his wage increase and new contract it’s pretty much a Jay Fulton situation as per last season. The clubs are there but they won’t in any way match the salary or he would have gone last month.

Three clubs inquired about him but wouldn’t pay the 9.5 grand a week.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:14 - Feb 18 with 1207 viewsunion_jack

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:01 - Feb 18 by STID2017

IMHO of course ...

Fir me the jury is out regarding Cabango.

What about Grimes, our master tactician who controls the midfield, threads mm perfect passes forward every game and is a leader of men?? Pffft!

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:22 - Feb 18 with 1194 viewsDr_Parnassus

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:13 - Feb 18 by KeithHaynes

The anomaly there being Paterson, but since his wage increase and new contract it’s pretty much a Jay Fulton situation as per last season. The clubs are there but they won’t in any way match the salary or he would have gone last month.

Three clubs inquired about him but wouldn’t pay the 9.5 grand a week.

Depends what we ask and how agreeable Pato is to a contract at the time.

Mark Robins loves Pato and wanted him at Coventry but couldn’t strike a deal. If we release Pato today, he would be in a Championship starting line up by next week, no doubt in my mind.

These are quality championship players we have on our hands. But they are being wasted.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:23 - Feb 18 with 1196 viewsSTID2017

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:05 - Feb 18 by Dr_Parnassus

The important point is "For any fee"
Benda and Pato were not in our matchday squad on Wednesday.
Wood and Cullen are League One.
Benda and Pato are debatable
Grimes and Fulton are average, which is why we had no offers for them.
Allen is brilliant but injury prone but of course could improve most sides, but would need to be a free transfer as he is a big risk.
Ntcham can be brilliant, but blows hot and cold, which is why a player of his standing cannot hold a regular place down in our side

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:25 - Feb 18 with 1192 viewsDr_Parnassus

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:14 - Feb 18 by union_jack

What about Grimes, our master tactician who controls the midfield, threads mm perfect passes forward every game and is a leader of men?? Pffft!

Grimes would get PL suitors I think.

Fulham, Brentford, Forest, Bournemouth and Southampton I could all see being interested.

Piroe would also bet PL interest, well be already has with both Forest and Leicester.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:27 - Feb 18 with 1181 viewsSTID2017

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:14 - Feb 18 by union_jack

Grimes would struggle to get into most Championship first 11s.
That is why there were no takers when he was available
As you say, master tactician

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:32 - Feb 18 with 1165 viewsSTID2017

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:25 - Feb 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Grimes would get PL suitors I think.

Fulham, Brentford, Forest, Bournemouth and Southampton I could all see being interested.

Piroe would also bet PL interest, well be already has with both Forest and Leicester.

Piroe would yes.
Quality is there undoubtedly

Grimes is average at best which is why no one signed him off us when he was available.
He has not improved since.
An average one footed midfielder will get no interest from the EPL
IMHO of course ...

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:34 - Feb 18 with 1143 viewsDr_Parnassus

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:32 - Feb 18 by STID2017

Piroe would yes.

Grimes is average at best which is why no one signed him off us when he was available.
IMHO of course ...

Nobody signed grimes because we rejected the multiple bids.

That club is now in the top 8 of the Premier League.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:35 - Feb 18 with 1143 viewsunion_jack

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:32 - Feb 18 by STID2017

Piroe would yes.

IMHO of course ...

What puzzles me is that many people in the football world all say how good Grimes is.

Now, are they taken in by some hype or do they see something many of us don’t?

Dr P said there’d be OL teams in for him. All I can think is that there is a good player in there if a different manager / style of play was adopted.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:41 - Feb 18 with 1133 viewsSTID2017

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:35 - Feb 18 by union_jack

What puzzles me is that many people in the football world all say how good Grimes is.

Now, are they taken in by some hype or do they see something many of us don’t?

Dr P said there’d be OL teams in for him. All I can think is that there is a good player in there if a different manager / style of play was adopted.

Quite possibly..
Maybe he needs to play in a more forward role or at least in a faster flowing team.
I certainly think the fact he never uses his right foot, as well as often ignores the run of players in favour of a series of short passes sideways and backwards, shows his limitations.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 14:04 - Feb 18 with 1097 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackburn Rovers: Aynsley Pears, Harry Pickering, Daniel Ayala, Dominic Hyam, Sam Gallagher, Tyrhys Dolan, Sorba Thomas, Hayden Carter, John Buckley, Ben Brereton Diaz, Lewis Travis (captain).

Substitutes: Joe Hilton, Sammie Szmodics, Tyler Morton, Callum Brittain, Ash Phillips, Bradley Dack, Ryan Hedges.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Harry Darling, Ben Cabango; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Joe Allen, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Luke Cundle; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andreas Sondergaard, Olivier Ntcham, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Liam Walsh, Matty Sorinola, Ollie Cooper.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 14:05 - Feb 18 with 1085 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 13:22 - Feb 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Depends what we ask and how agreeable Pato is to a contract at the time.

Mark Robins loves Pato and wanted him at Coventry but couldn’t strike a deal. If we release Pato today, he would be in a Championship starting line up by next week, no doubt in my mind.

These are quality championship players we have on our hands. But they are being wasted.

Paterson also comes with a 300k price tag. ( at the moment )

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024