Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread 18:08 - Aug 14 with 9373 viewsModeratorC

Massive test for Duff as the Sky Blues sell out their allocation 17th Aug 2023 08:00
The fixtures don’t get any easier with a very confident Coventry City the visitors this Saturday at the Swansea.com Stadium. The Sky Blues got their Championship season underway with a 3-0 win against Middlesbrough last weekend. They lost their opening fixture 2-1 at Leicester City. 0

Swansea City v Coventry City : Team News 19th Aug 2023 14:01
The teams are in, and there’s few surprises. 0

That defining pass is missing as the Swans draw with Coventry City 19th Aug 2023 18:30
The third midlands team of the season took on the Swans this afternoon, nothing odd in that except it was only the third game of the campaign for both sides. Coventry hadn’t won in Swansea since 1950 and their last win in the league was back in 1981. Nearly seventeen thousand enjoyed the afternoon’s entertainment. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 10:43 - Aug 19 with 2327 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 10:25 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

It’s crap,imo.
Holidays,swalladays
When people lose the thrill,it’s hard to find it again.

Winning games helps

Says someone who rarely attends

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 11:12 - Aug 19 with 2286 viewsRichardO

Did we expect the number who attend to remain the same as in the Premiership? Even then on Rugby International days the numbers would drop, sure a run of good results will help though.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 11:40 - Aug 19 with 2253 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 11:12 - Aug 19 by RichardO

Did we expect the number who attend to remain the same as in the Premiership? Even then on Rugby International days the numbers would drop, sure a run of good results will help though.

Agreed, up until now there has been nothing to excite the floating fan, hopefully it will change today.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 12:12 - Aug 19 with 2219 viewsraynor94

Another difficult game today, expect them to be top 6

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 12:14 - Aug 19 with 2211 viewssw02sea

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 10:25 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

It’s crap,imo.
Holidays,swalladays
When people lose the thrill,it’s hard to find it again.

Winning games helps

Once you get out of the habit, you (or your misses) find other things to occupy that day.
But after my slight detox, (totally down to martinball) I’m back to normal, and even looking forwards to game time.
After the owners not trusting Martin with a transfer budget, and with all these new players coming in, it must enthuse even the most half hearted of supporters, Shirley?
Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 15:21 - Aug 19 with 2045 viewsKeithHaynes

So far.

Positives. Definitely a better tempo, more clued up, good dogged work by Fulton.

To work on. Gaps in midfield. Yates isolated.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 15:44 - Aug 19 with 1920 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A good response from the boys.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 15:55 - Aug 19 with 1849 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 15:44 - Aug 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Has to be said that was a good half against one of the fancied sides this season.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 15:55 - Aug 19 with 1849 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 15:44 - Aug 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Shame it takes a goal going in the wrong end to spur us into action. It was all very pedestrian up to the goal.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 15:57 - Aug 19 with 1838 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 15:55 - Aug 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Shame it takes a goal going in the wrong end to spur us into action. It was all very pedestrian up to the goal.

Two very good sides for me working ways of opening each other up.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 15:59 - Aug 19 with 1820 viewsTreforys_Jack

Not many positives apart from the response, a really good finish, and Pantino playing well. Too pedestrian in midfield, not picking up second balls , no tempo, I'm hoping the wind is a big factor and we get a bit more territory. Onto the second half .....
Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 15:59 - Aug 19 with 1815 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 15:55 - Aug 19 by KeithHaynes

Has to be said that was a good half against one of the fancied sides this season.

I hate this booting it upfield . 4 goal kicks up and under.
Good comeback but we look poor compared to the last quarter of last season.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 22:09]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 16:00 - Aug 19 with 1805 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 15:57 - Aug 19 by KeithHaynes

Two very good sides for me working ways of opening each other up.

Yeah no doubt. Just seems like a bit of a hangover from last season that we often didn’t have a go at teams until we go behind.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 16:45 - Aug 19 with 1663 viewsTummer_from_Texas

16,736 at the Liberty.

Yes, I still call it the Liberty.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 17:14 - Aug 19 with 1526 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 16:45 - Aug 19 by Tummer_from_Texas

16,736 at the Liberty.

Yes, I still call it the Liberty.

Sorry not to impressed with that to much hoof no creativity very few chances.

Gone from psssing for passing sake to boot it and hope for the best.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 17:49 - Aug 19 with 1403 viewsDr_Winston

First time I've seen us play this season due to unfortunate personal circumstances. It's fair to say that we're a work in progress.

Based on some of the more hysterical responses to games so far I was expecting to watch a Neil Warnock team in action, but no. Whilst we did generally look to move the ball forward at a faster pace (sometimes to our detriment; it doesn't hurt to look and see if any of our players are there before passing/throwing the ball into space) barring the odd errant goal kick we did generally keep the ball down.

We're still sorely lacking any kind of pace. I'd expect Ginelly to be a starter sooner rather than later, preferably on the right where the Darling/Ashby link didn't provide a lot. On the other side it's my first good look at Key and I think we've got a good 'un there.

Midfield was also largely a big blank space. Patino did what he could but doesn't look like a natural creative midfielder at the moment. We'd be better suited playing one of Allen/Fulton/Grimes behind him, and a #10 ahead. Given our current surfeit of strikers I think we'd be foolish not to drop Piroe a bit deeper where he can get more involved, because he was largely a passenger today.

Having said all that, Coventry were a decent side, especially in the first half. Robins has done an excellent job there and no doubt envious eyes will be cast their way soon.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 17:53 - Aug 19 with 1387 viewsKeithHaynes

That defining pass is missing as the Swans draw with Coventry City 19th Aug 2023 18:30
The third midlands team of the season took on the Swans this afternoon, nothing odd in that except it was only the third game of the campaign for both sides. Coventry hadn’t won in Swansea since 1950 and their last win in the league was back in 1981. Nearly seventeen thousand enjoyed the afternoon’s entertainment. 0

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 18:12 - Aug 19 with 1276 viewsJust_Dave

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 17:49 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

First time I've seen us play this season due to unfortunate personal circumstances. It's fair to say that we're a work in progress.

Based on some of the more hysterical responses to games so far I was expecting to watch a Neil Warnock team in action, but no. Whilst we did generally look to move the ball forward at a faster pace (sometimes to our detriment; it doesn't hurt to look and see if any of our players are there before passing/throwing the ball into space) barring the odd errant goal kick we did generally keep the ball down.

We're still sorely lacking any kind of pace. I'd expect Ginelly to be a starter sooner rather than later, preferably on the right where the Darling/Ashby link didn't provide a lot. On the other side it's my first good look at Key and I think we've got a good 'un there.

Midfield was also largely a big blank space. Patino did what he could but doesn't look like a natural creative midfielder at the moment. We'd be better suited playing one of Allen/Fulton/Grimes behind him, and a #10 ahead. Given our current surfeit of strikers I think we'd be foolish not to drop Piroe a bit deeper where he can get more involved, because he was largely a passenger today.

Having said all that, Coventry were a decent side, especially in the first half. Robins has done an excellent job there and no doubt envious eyes will be cast their way soon.

Agree with that. We are definitely a work in progress and I think Duff is still working out his best 11. Coventry are a decent side with a good manager. Take the point and move on
Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 18:28 - Aug 19 with 1224 viewsshingle

Now for a few facts Main site says Swans remain unbeaten at home but do not mention Swans remain winless at home, 2 points out of 9 and 1 point above the relegation zone and that`s all there is to it, now on to the next game.
Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 18:53 - Aug 19 with 1157 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 17:49 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

Agree about dropping Piroe deeper, as you say he needs to play as a 10, that's where he performs the best. He has been bang average this season in the league and wouldn't have been surprised if he had been pulled today. I'm not sure how much is down to his current uncertainty or just the way we play doesn't suit him, either way something needs to give. My choice would be Yates and Cullen up front with Piroe behind them, but that option is diminishing if we stick with 3 at the back and wingbacks, throw in the arrival of Patino and it limits our options upfield.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 18:55 - Aug 19 with 1141 viewscadleigh

Agree with most of that. IMO Fulton was more of an attacking threat than I can ever recall him being. Good to see him using his physical presence in a creative way. Was he able to do that because Patino is able to get back quickly to fill the gap?

And why does Darling get forward so often? Is he a natural FB maybe?

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 19:03 - Aug 19 with 1105 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 18:28 - Aug 19 by shingle

Now for a few facts Main site says Swans remain unbeaten at home but do not mention Swans remain winless at home, 2 points out of 9 and 1 point above the relegation zone and that`s all there is to it, now on to the next game.

compared to our start in our previous managers first season its better
In Martjns first season we were 20th 2 places lower then where we are today with 1 point from 9.....onwards and upwards

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 19:09 - Aug 19 with 1084 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 18:55 - Aug 19 by cadleigh

Agree with most of that. IMO Fulton was more of an attacking threat than I can ever recall him being. Good to see him using his physical presence in a creative way. Was he able to do that because Patino is able to get back quickly to fill the gap?

And why does Darling get forward so often? Is he a natural FB maybe?

Darling got forward a lot because that was his role. I don't think he was any good at it.

I've never thought that there was much more than a fag paper between Grimes and Fulton in terms of ability so I don't much care which one of them plays. Fulton perhaps more robust in the tackle and more offensive minded, Grimes with a bit more finesse. You pays your money and takes your choice. Allen is obviously better than both so I'd probably plump for him at a push.

One of those three with Patino as box to box and Piroe as the tip of the midfield spear and I don't think we'd go far wrong.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 19:11 - Aug 19 with 1073 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 18:53 - Aug 19 by Whiterockin

Agree about dropping Piroe deeper, as you say he needs to play as a 10, that's where he performs the best. He has been bang average this season in the league and wouldn't have been surprised if he had been pulled today. I'm not sure how much is down to his current uncertainty or just the way we play doesn't suit him, either way something needs to give. My choice would be Yates and Cullen up front with Piroe behind them, but that option is diminishing if we stick with 3 at the back and wingbacks, throw in the arrival of Patino and it limits our options upfield.

I've never been a fan of three at the back. It just seems like one of those things that managers do because it's the popular way to go at the moment.

With the players we've got, a 4-3-3 in attack / 4-5-1 in defence would suit us a lot better.

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 19:49 - Aug 19 with 975 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Coventry City : Match day thread UPDATED FRIDAY on 19:11 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

I've never been a fan of three at the back. It just seems like one of those things that managers do because it's the popular way to go at the moment.

With the players we've got, a 4-3-3 in attack / 4-5-1 in defence would suit us a lot better.

I agree re 4 at the back.

I didn't watch today but saw the brum game on the box and watched us live last week.

With having three at the back it puts pressure on the wing backs, they don't like to venture too far forward in case they get caught out, this means we don't have enough bodies in attacking positions which therefore means the opposition push us back.

If we played 4 4 2, we would be more attacking but more solid defensively, the same with 4 3 3 which as you say would revert to a 4 5 1 when we don't have the ball.

I am hoping that duff is just working things out atm and we get a little more slicker when we have the ball with the more games we play and I hope that ginelly gets a starting spot soon as he is the only player with out and out pace.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024