Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why did real swans fans who defend owners never go to a game? 22:33 - Dec 29 with 3913 viewsSwans9

I don't get the love in when we stayed up because of llorente, they did nothing season after. We need new owners not a yank thing. It's they don't care. Sell players every year business men. Still don't get the defence of them on this website baffling.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 22:37 - Dec 29 with 3015 viewsjohnlangy

What ? English please.
Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 23:04 - Dec 29 with 2946 viewsKeithHaynes

They’re a few who will always buck the trend, or just have a different opinion.
Let’s just hope that it doesn’t kill the club like it nearly did 1998-2001 ish.

People sometimes don’t see stupid or don’t want to hear stuff that hurts.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 23:19 - Dec 29 with 2914 viewspencoedjack

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 23:04 - Dec 29 by KeithHaynes

They’re a few who will always buck the trend, or just have a different opinion.
Let’s just hope that it doesn’t kill the club like it nearly did 1998-2001 ish.

People sometimes don’t see stupid or don’t want to hear stuff that hurts.

Got to admit I was embarrassed by the 20 odd fans singing anti yanks songs when we were still in the game tonight.

Luckily the other 1500 odd got us as draw.

Time & a place for being anti Swansea
Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 00:12 - Dec 30 with 2856 viewsModeratorD

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 22:37 - Dec 29 by johnlangy

What ? English please.

In fairness OP is passionate and attends many games home and away.
Reading between the lines and possibly a few lagers, etc, I think it is clear that he is implying that the last good thing that happened to this club was when Gylfi and Llorente kept us up.
That summer of course both left and the rest sadly is history.
The pattern of selling our best players and replacing with lesser players may be seen to have begun there ?
The current owners have done us real harm sadly.
Hope that clarifies it ?
Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 01:01 - Dec 30 with 2809 viewsRhonddaSwans

I get you butt,
Because these small minded idiots are happy to take part.

The winning does not matter the smell of their own farts and self worth means more than our club.

The odd few will defend these idiots no matter what!

Big jason could of just gone with their mrs and they would make him a cuppa and thank him!

The rot stops here!

Either show ambition or f off!

There will be alot of intrest in our club (hopfully off owners who are not crossed with a t rex! short arms .....)

I am sick of the people who put up with this shit!

Show some love for our club if they think they will retain some support we are going to be served up garbage, then be told jaime flipping oliver cooked it!

JAN TRANSFER WINDOW GO BIG OR GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!

MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS JASON NO MORE SNAKE OIL

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 01:06 - Dec 30 with 2804 viewsFireboy2

There was quite a few singing yanks out tonight, which was good to hear.

As I've mentioned in the match topic, I was baffled by the few who sang Watson out.l, our problems have nothing to do with him, it's the owners who are dragging us down.
Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 01:14 - Dec 30 with 2795 viewsRhonddaSwans

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 01:06 - Dec 30 by Fireboy2

There was quite a few singing yanks out tonight, which was good to hear.

As I've mentioned in the match topic, I was baffled by the few who sang Watson out.l, our problems have nothing to do with him, it's the owners who are dragging us down.

Watson is a yes man, If he was the guru Luton would of made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Like our set peice guru last year remember how lethal we were off ck?

We all know why the new manager isn't here ( our caretaker wins monday he is here till june)

That means min spend in January.

The ambition is crippling our club the players we have let go in the last few seasons 😡.

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 04:41 - Dec 30 with 2724 viewsKeithHaynes

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 23:19 - Dec 29 by pencoedjack

Got to admit I was embarrassed by the 20 odd fans singing anti yanks songs when we were still in the game tonight.

It’s not anti Swansea for me.
The fact they were there means they have the right to at least voice an opinion.

You can do that and support the team.

Login to get fewer ads

Why did real swans fans who defend owners never go to a game? on 04:55 - Dec 30 with 2715 viewsTreforys_Jack

So if you have a different opinion your automatically stupid.
Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 09:24 - Dec 30 with 2577 viewsbennytheblue

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 01:01 - Dec 30 by RhonddaSwans

I get you butt,
Because these small minded idiots are happy to take part.

The winning does not matter the smell of their own farts and self worth means more than our club.

The odd few will defend these idiots no matter what!

Big jason could of just gone with their mrs and they would make him a cuppa and thank him!

The rot stops here!

Either show ambition or f off!

There will be alot of intrest in our club (hopfully off owners who are not crossed with a t rex! short arms .....)

I am sick of the people who put up with this shit!

Show some love for our club if they think they will retain some support we are going to be served up garbage, then be told jaime flipping oliver cooked it!

JAN TRANSFER WINDOW GO BIG OR GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!

MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS JASON NO MORE SNAKE OIL

You think there will be a lot of interest to buy the club?? Hhmmmmmm
You get two choices, locals with half a heart who won’t fleece you completely or businessmen with no heart and soul at all like you have now.
Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 09:35 - Dec 30 with 2554 viewsKilkennyjack

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 00:12 - Dec 30 by ModeratorD

In fairness OP is passionate and attends many games home and away.
Reading between the lines and possibly a few lagers, etc, I think it is clear that he is implying that the last good thing that happened to this club was when Gylfi and Llorente kept us up.
That summer of course both left and the rest sadly is history.
The pattern of selling our best players and replacing with lesser players may be seen to have begun there ?
The current owners have done us real harm sadly.
Hope that clarifies it ?

I often reflect on that time.

I think after many years of buying players who fitted well and improved the team, the signings made then were not the right players.

It might have started the year previously with Borja £15.5m for 29 games on a 4 year contract.

Then Mesa £11m for 11 games on a 4 year contract.
And Clucas £16.5 m for 29 games on a 4 year contract.

That was quite big money at the time.
Clearly none helped the team at all.

Andy King was another signing that was no help to our team.

With better signings for the same money we would have stayed up.

Beware of the Risen People

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 10:32 - Dec 30 with 2490 viewsbuilthjack

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 23:19 - Dec 29 by pencoedjack

More like 500 singing anti yank songs
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 10:33]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 10:40 - Dec 30 with 2478 viewsKeithHaynes

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 10:32 - Dec 30 by builthjack

Ian Mitchelmore heard it from half the ground away.

Why did real swans fans who defend owners never go to a game? on 10:46 - Dec 30 with 2472 viewsvetchonian

its opinions though....I agree we have severely reduced the quality of our players since relegation...we though (it appears) are relatively debt free and the owners have put on monies to keep us afloat.
They have attempted to make us self sustained via the player trading model but this has been eroded with the lack of good "scouting" and recruitment with the chopping and changing of staff and everything being driven from data.
In reality in football you meed a combination of daya and gut feel....we as a club have lost that.
I have defended the owners mainly as they have mot emotional attachment to the club yet have put in substantial amounts of their own money to keep us going

I know many will argue against that but that us what has happened. I have said it before are there 15000 of us prepared to stump up £3000 each to make the Yanks an offer then find around £2000 each every season to sustain us where we are?
I don't to go away games anymore but I do attend home games.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Why did real swans fans who defend owners never go to a game? on 11:35 - Dec 30 with 2412 viewsLuther27

Why did real swans fans who defend owners never go to a game? on 10:46 - Dec 30 by vetchonian

its opinions though....I agree we have severely reduced the quality of our players since relegation...we though (it appears) are relatively debt free and the owners have put on monies to keep us afloat.
They have attempted to make us self sustained via the player trading model but this has been eroded with the lack of good "scouting" and recruitment with the chopping and changing of staff and everything being driven from data.
In reality in football you meed a combination of daya and gut feel....we as a club have lost that.
I have defended the owners mainly as they have mot emotional attachment to the club yet have put in substantial amounts of their own money to keep us going

I know many will argue against that but that us what has happened. I have said it before are there 15000 of us prepared to stump up £3000 each to make the Yanks an offer then find around £2000 each every season to sustain us where we are?
I don't to go away games anymore but I do attend home games.

Thing is the Kaplan and Levien in money terms have behaved totally unprofessionally. They have lost trust within the football society due to their management. We still have no permanent manager. I would imagine staff are looking over their shoulder at the possibility of redundancy. The fan base is not only disillusioned but the revenue due to lack of attendance means the owners have to stump up more cash to keep the club going. How long do you think they will do that for? There’s only so much bluff any investor will put up with before they withdraw their funds.
Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 12:30 - Dec 30 with 2358 viewspencoedjack

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 10:32 - Dec 30 by builthjack

Yeah no doubt you imagined anti Tory songs as well.

As I said all rather embarrassing when supporters need to get behind the players when 2 1 down.
Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 12:33 - Dec 30 with 2345 viewsWhiterockin

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 12:30 - Dec 30 by pencoedjack

Yeah no doubt you imagined anti Tory songs as well.

As I said all rather embarrassing when supporters need to get behind the players when 2 1 down.

To be fair I heard it loud and clear on my stream, I was watching the Coventry one though.
Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 12:59 - Dec 30 with 2306 viewsFireboy2

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 10:40 - Dec 30 by KeithHaynes

Ian Mitchelmore heard it from half the ground away.

It silenced the loud coventry fans for a bit, they were probably wondering wtf is going on, remember they have been shafted by owners as well
Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 13:55 - Dec 30 with 2269 viewsRhonddaSwans

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 09:24 - Dec 30 by bennytheblue

You think there will be a lot of interest to buy the club?? Hhmmmmmm
You get two choices, locals with half a heart who won’t fleece you completely or businessmen with no heart and soul at all like you have now.

There will be alot of intrest we are Wales biggest club it doesn't take that much work to turn traditional cardiff areas White.

I use to be the only one in a Swansea shirt up here, Now it is common.
We need a consortium of both.

We need an owner who can afford to take a few risks and afford to cover them.

The championship standard has been slipping for years.

The new tv deal and blanket bans on 3pm kick offs needs to end.

Why did real swans fans who defend owners never go to a game? on 15:29 - Dec 30 with 2192 viewsReslovenSwan1

Why did real swans fans who defend owners never go to a game? on 11:35 - Dec 30 by Luther27

Thing is the Kaplan and Levien in money terms have behaved totally unprofessionally. They have lost trust within the football society due to their management. We still have no permanent manager. I would imagine staff are looking over their shoulder at the possibility of redundancy. The fan base is not only disillusioned but the revenue due to lack of attendance means the owners have to stump up more cash to keep the club going. How long do you think they will do that for? There’s only so much bluff any investor will put up with before they withdraw their funds.

Are the Trust ready to sell up? The other owners are this season putting money in not looking to get out. They have sent their own people here to sort things out.

The only people running away are some older fans who have just seen the greatest two decades in the clubs history. Some are on here, the ones who wanted to take the other owners to court.

They ended up giving the ruling elite (lawyers and funders) £400,000. Is that what they were set up for? They surrendered and were proven weak and foolish. These old boys will not be missed.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 15:36 - Dec 30 with 2183 viewsbennytheblue

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 13:55 - Dec 30 by RhonddaSwans

There will be alot of intrest we are Wales biggest club it doesn't take that much work to turn traditional cardiff areas White.

I use to be the only one in a Swansea shirt up here, Now it is common.
We need a consortium of both.

We need an owner who can afford to take a few risks and afford to cover them.

The championship standard has been slipping for years.

The new tv deal and blanket bans on 3pm kick offs needs to end.

So big the offers from around the world will no doubt come flooding in…..
How much are you currently losing every season? Do you need to sell players for £5 million profit every season just to stay afloat? Average attendance? Real attendance? Academy? U18/U21’s, how they doing? Worth investing? This is what they will look at……🫣
Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 15:40 - Dec 30 with 2180 viewsKeithHaynes

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 15:36 - Dec 30 by bennytheblue

So big the offers from around the world will no doubt come flooding in…..
How much are you currently losing every season? Do you need to sell players for £5 million profit every season just to stay afloat? Average attendance? Real attendance? Academy? U18/U21’s, how they doing? Worth investing? This is what they will look at……🫣

Both Swansea and Cardiff have the very same issues.

Why did real swans fans who defend owners never go to a game? on 15:48 - Dec 30 with 2172 viewsLuther27

Why did real swans fans who defend owners never go to a game? on 15:29 - Dec 30 by ReslovenSwan1

Are the Trust ready to sell up? The other owners are this season putting money in not looking to get out. They have sent their own people here to sort things out.

The only people running away are some older fans who have just seen the greatest two decades in the clubs history. Some are on here, the ones who wanted to take the other owners to court.

They ended up giving the ruling elite (lawyers and funders) £400,000. Is that what they were set up for? They surrendered and were proven weak and foolish. These old boys will not be missed.

Thing is Res there are empty seats no matter who stays away. The point I’m trying to make is there will be pressure on Kaplan and Levien to deliver money in the form of dividends. The rate they replace CEO’s never mind managers calls into question their professional ability to make money from an investment. I include the Trust with regards to investors.
Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 16:16 - Dec 30 with 2134 viewsbennytheblue

Why did a real swans fans defend owners never go to a game? on 15:40 - Dec 30 by KeithHaynes

Both Swansea and Cardiff have the very same issues.

Completely Keith. Reckon our wage bills are similar, as is revenues from merch etc…
I guess one thing we have in our favour is the larger ground, 32-34000 average in the PL even when we did shocking might lure a new owner in? In saying that we have been for sale for ages but no one is going to pay Tans crazy asking price, and he knows it. Allegedly he’s all happy again since the insurance payout for Sala and is agreeing to fund another push, we will see about that, has he learned lessons in 10 yrs of mismanagement and loss? We will see eh?
Why did real swans fans who defend owners never go to a game? on 16:18 - Dec 30 with 2132 viewsReslovenSwan1

Why did real swans fans who defend owners never go to a game? on 15:48 - Dec 30 by Luther27

Thing is Res there are empty seats no matter who stays away. The point I’m trying to make is there will be pressure on Kaplan and Levien to deliver money in the form of dividends. The rate they replace CEO’s never mind managers calls into question their professional ability to make money from an investment. I include the Trust with regards to investors.

If you want dividend do what I have done and invest in National Grid and Glaxo SKB. No one goes into football for dividends.

Te SCST wanted dividends because they cannot be bothered to trade in their shares. Too much work involved perhaps for volunteers. The club has paid on dividend in 21 years

The US owners have employed Jenkins Birch and Winters and seen a gradual decline. I have identified too many loans and a failure to blood and develop home grown players as one of the reasons.

Mr Gude is supposed to be an expert in communications. He has to reverse the toxic narrative and the ingrained Welsh valleys distrust of US people developed on forums.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024