Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Farmers revolt 15:13 - Feb 9 with 2751 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh farmers protest that new Welsh government rules ordering them to set aside fertile arable land for tree planting and wildlife will be 'the death' of their livelihoods.

Absolutely crazy, but nothing surprises me with the bunch of clowns running Wales.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh Farmers revolt on 16:07 - Feb 19 with 978 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Drakeford urges our farmers to consult with the Senedd over the farm subsidy changes. Probably the same way he asked motorist to consult with the Senedd over the new 20mph laws.
He just ignored the motorist views.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh Farmers revolt on 16:10 - Feb 19 with 977 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Welsh Farmers revolt on 16:07 - Feb 19 by felixstowe_jack

Drakeford urges our farmers to consult with the Senedd over the farm subsidy changes. Probably the same way he asked motorist to consult with the Senedd over the new 20mph laws.
He just ignored the motorist views.

“After extensive consultation we heard the views of those being shafted by the stupid things we’ve done and decided to carry on with it anyway.”

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Welsh Farmers revolt on 19:29 - Feb 20 with 901 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I see Drakeford has now blamed the Welsh Voters for the farming crisis in Wale. Apparently it is their fault for voting for Brexit not his farming policies.

I guess he will blame the Welsh voters for the farming crisis in the EU as well, rather than the EU common agricultural policy.

Welsh Farmers revolt on 19:43 - Feb 20 with 890 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh Farmers revolt on 19:29 - Feb 20 by felixstowe_jack

I see Drakeford has now blamed the Welsh Voters for the farming crisis in Wale. Apparently it is their fault for voting for Brexit not his farming policies.

I guess he will blame the Welsh voters for the farming crisis in the EU as well, rather than the EU common agricultural policy.

He blames Westminster for most things, and if he can't blame them, it's brexit, and if not breixit, he falls back on climate change, the man is an absolute clown.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh Farmers revolt on 20:03 - Feb 20 with 871 viewsBoundy

Welsh Farmers revolt on 19:43 - Feb 20 by Flashberryjack

He blames Westminster for most things, and if he can't blame them, it's brexit, and if not breixit, he falls back on climate change, the man is an absolute clown.

I know not many shed a tear when Maggie past but this clown , I cant wait to hear the roar .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh Farmers revolt on 20:03 - Feb 20 with 869 viewsonehunglow

Farmers not hypocrites
Just stop oil are

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh Farmers revolt on 22:26 - Feb 20 with 843 viewsDJack

Welsh Farmers revolt on 19:29 - Feb 20 by felixstowe_jack

More bollux from the usual posters...

Mr Drakeford responded: "I think it's important that I remind the leader of the opposition why we are in the position that we are in.

"It's because farmers in Wales took his advice and voted to leave the European Union."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-68351268

You know, the things Builthy has also been telling you all for some time.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Welsh Farmers revolt on 23:20 - Feb 20 with 822 viewsmajorraglan

Welsh Farmers revolt on 22:26 - Feb 20 by DJack

More bollux from the usual posters...

Mr Drakeford responded: "I think it's important that I remind the leader of the opposition why we are in the position that we are in.

"It's because farmers in Wales took his advice and voted to leave the European Union."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-68351268

You know, the things Builthy has also been telling you all for some time.

It’s far from rosy in the garden across the border, Sunak had a difficult time when he attended the Farmers conference today.
Farmers are unhappy with the post Brexit support they are receiving, the post Brexit trade deals with Australia and New Zealand which could see meat imported at prices which would adversely impact on farmers, their also concerned about green policies and imports from Canada and Mexico.
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Farmers revolt on 08:11 - Feb 21 with 779 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Farmers revolt on 23:20 - Feb 20 by majorraglan

It’s far from rosy in the garden across the border, Sunak had a difficult time when he attended the Farmers conference today.
Farmers are unhappy with the post Brexit support they are receiving, the post Brexit trade deals with Australia and New Zealand which could see meat imported at prices which would adversely impact on farmers, their also concerned about green policies and imports from Canada and Mexico.

Things are even worse in the EU with farmers blocking roads in Germany, Belgium, France and Spain. There farmers did not vote for Brexit so why are things worse in THE EU than the UK?

Could it be because of the Common Agricultural Policy, Russian invasion of Ukraine, high energy prices rather than Brexit which of course has not had any effect on the EU.
[Post edited 21 Feb 8:11]

Welsh Farmers revolt on 13:11 - Feb 21 with 741 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh Farmers revolt on 08:11 - Feb 21 by felixstowe_jack

Things are even worse in the EU with farmers blocking roads in Germany, Belgium, France and Spain. There farmers did not vote for Brexit so why are things worse in THE EU than the UK?

Could it be because of the Common Agricultural Policy, Russian invasion of Ukraine, high energy prices rather than Brexit which of course has not had any effect on the EU.
[Post edited 21 Feb 8:11]

I’m in Poland right now. Polish farmers are doing similar, but not because of the reasons you stated

Western corps are buying up Ukranian land at the expense of small farmers. They are importing inferior products to Poland despite Poland having EU food standard- don’t know how they are getting around it though. The Poles are up in arms about it too. Many have phone apps that tell them the origin of the products, so they can avoid the ukranian sourced foods
Welsh Farmers revolt on 14:23 - Feb 21 with 723 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Farmers revolt on 13:11 - Feb 21 by controversial_jack

I’m in Poland right now. Polish farmers are doing similar, but not because of the reasons you stated

Western corps are buying up Ukranian land at the expense of small farmers. They are importing inferior products to Poland despite Poland having EU food standard- don’t know how they are getting around it though. The Poles are up in arms about it too. Many have phone apps that tell them the origin of the products, so they can avoid the ukranian sourced foods

Would not have happened if Russian had not stopped Ukraine exporting crops, via the black sea, to Africa etc .

Ukraine now has to export far more via land borders.

Another consequence of Russia's illegal invasion and war crimes in breach of the United Nations charter.

Welsh Farmers revolt on 15:34 - Feb 21 with 712 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh Farmers revolt on 14:23 - Feb 21 by felixstowe_jack

Would not have happened if Russian had not stopped Ukraine exporting crops, via the black sea, to Africa etc .

Another consequence of Russia's illegal invasion and war crimes in breach of the United Nations charter.

I am a "Remoaner" like Drakeford. UK farmers want the subsidies the EU gave but were in general in favour of UK 'taking back control'. We in Wales have taken back control and they do not like it much it seems.

Europeans farmers and fishermen have alway been militant particularly the French. Probably protesting about energy costs would think. This was caused by the idiot thief murderer Putin.

I argued for UK to stay in the EU and was called a "Remoaner". In fact I am a "toxic Remoaner". Port Talbot and Bridgend ignored "Remoaners" and now and wailing and crying for handouts and sympathy. Before Brexit I would have had empathy. Now I say "you voted for it believing Boris over Drakeford".

"Project Fear" has arrived.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Welsh Farmers revolt on 15:37 - Feb 21 with 710 viewsBoundy

Welsh Farmers revolt on 15:34 - Feb 21 by ReslovenSwan1

I am a "Remoaner" like Drakeford. UK farmers want the subsidies the EU gave but were in general in favour of UK 'taking back control'. We in Wales have taken back control and they do not like it much it seems.

Europeans farmers and fishermen have alway been militant particularly the French. Probably protesting about energy costs would think. This was caused by the idiot thief murderer Putin.

I argued for UK to stay in the EU and was called a "Remoaner". In fact I am a "toxic Remoaner". Port Talbot and Bridgend ignored "Remoaners" and now and wailing and crying for handouts and sympathy. Before Brexit I would have had empathy. Now I say "you voted for it believing Boris over Drakeford".

Like many other subjects you appear to have very little understanding of the topic , I suggest you educate yourself

Welsh Farmers revolt on 16:13 - Feb 21 with 706 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh Farmers revolt on 14:23 - Feb 21 by felixstowe_jack

The Ukraine and Poland have land borders, why would they have to go by sea.

Russia, did not blockade the ports, the Ukraine mined them and insurance companies would’t allow the ships to risk getting sunk.

The UN needs to look at itself after allowing the slaughter of thousands of women and children in Gaza
Welsh Farmers revolt on 16:46 - Feb 21 with 698 viewsBarrySwan

Like many you seem to be unaware that EU money is money contributed by member states.

So as a net contributor the EU money that you refer to was British tax payers money redistributed back to British farmers after a large chunk was taken out to hand over to farmers in other EU countries and other projects.

Simple mathematics would dictate that without the large redistribution chunk handed over to grateful recipients in other EU countries that even more could now be spent by the UK government on our own agricultural industry and infrastructure.

The fact that this may not be happening has nothing to do with Brexit but with the decision making of various national and regional government bodies around the UK.
Welsh Farmers revolt on 16:46 - Feb 21 with 697 viewsSullutaCreturned

Have you looked at why European farmers are protesting?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/france-seeks-to-placate-farmers-as-protests From which I took this,

Their grievances include burdensome environmental rules, the threat of cheap imports from outside the EU, and measures to address the low income many of them still suffer.

Fresh farmer protests also flared up in other European countries on Wednesday, with hundreds of tractors rolling into Madrid, and similar demonstrations taking place in Poland and Greece.
Welsh Farmers revolt on 09:11 - Feb 22 with 628 viewsBoundy

Avoid Morriston and town on Saturday from 1100 , there's a planned protest by farmers starting in Penllegaer, heading to Morriston and Swansea first, then ending back at Penllegaer. A chance to take your kids to show them the people who produce the food we eat .

https://www.facebook.com/gowerfarmers

Welsh Farmers revolt on 11:31 - Feb 23 with 482 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh Farmers revolt on 16:46 - Feb 21 by BarrySwan

Like many you seem to be unaware that EU money is money contributed by member states.

So as a net contributor the EU money that you refer to was British tax payers money redistributed back to British farmers after a large chunk was taken out to hand over to farmers in other EU countries and other projects.

Simple mathematics would dictate that without the large redistribution chunk handed over to grateful recipients in other EU countries that even more could now be spent by the UK government on our own agricultural industry and infrastructure.

The fact that this may not be happening has nothing to do with Brexit but with the decision making of various national and regional government bodies around the UK.

So, Brexiters voted for something that has made them worse off?
[Post edited 23 Feb 11:32]
Welsh Farmers revolt on 15:10 - Feb 23 with 415 viewsBoundy

Welsh Farmers revolt on 11:31 - Feb 23 by controversial_jack

You with your extremely obnoxious views have no right to take the moral high ground

Welsh Farmers revolt on 15:26 - Feb 23 with 412 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh Farmers revolt on 15:10 - Feb 23 by Boundy

You with your extremely obnoxious views have no right to take the moral high ground

Not views, facts. If you don't like them then it's your problem
Welsh Farmers revolt on 16:54 - Feb 23 with 387 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Farmers revolt on 15:26 - Feb 23 by controversial_jack

Not views, facts. If you don't like them then it's your problem

They're not facts if they are not true though, take your "opinion" about Ukrainian ports, the Ukraine only mined the entrances to stop the Russian ships that were blockading them from sending in an amphibious assault. If the Russian ships hadn't been there, they wouldn't have mined them.

The Ukraine has sunk a few Russian ships since too.
Welsh Farmers revolt on 17:08 - Feb 23 with 361 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Farmers revolt on 11:31 - Feb 23 by controversial_jack

A bit like tye Russians who keep voting for Putin which has made Russia and its people poorer as well as killing democracy in Russia.

I do wish you would stop going off topic on every thread this is about WELSH FARMERS not Russia oppression.

Welsh Farmers revolt on 17:17 - Feb 23 with 359 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The senedd petition, "scrap the Universal actions and payment reductions in the proposed sustainable farming scheme", has now reached 13,777 signatures .

This petition is now third after rescind the 20 mph law 469,000 signatures and stop the Senedd reform Bill 20,001 signatures.

Seems that Drakeford and the Senedd are total out of touch with the views of the Welsh Voters.

Welsh Farmers revolt on 17:48 - Feb 23 with 347 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Farmers revolt on 17:17 - Feb 23 by felixstowe_jack

The senedd petition, "scrap the Universal actions and payment reductions in the proposed sustainable farming scheme", has now reached 13,777 signatures .

This petition is now third after rescind the 20 mph law 469,000 signatures and stop the Senedd reform Bill 20,001 signatures.

Seems that Drakeford and the Senedd are total out of touch with the views of the Welsh Voters.

But unfortunately it's the Welsh electorate that matter, hopefully they will see sense.
Welsh Farmers revolt on 18:23 - Feb 23 with 322 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh Farmers revolt on 16:54 - Feb 23 by SullutaCreturned

They're not facts if they are not true though, take your "opinion" about Ukrainian ports, the Ukraine only mined the entrances to stop the Russian ships that were blockading them from sending in an amphibious assault. If the Russian ships hadn't been there, they wouldn't have mined them.

The Ukraine has sunk a few Russian ships since too.

There was no blockade after 2022

Russia has always had a naval presence in the black sea, they are the only warm water ports they have
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024