Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread 22:12 - Feb 14 with 10910 viewsModeratorC

The return of Al- Hamadi, a few Welsh internationals and Kiefer Sutherland who will want some more for sure.

Luke Williams : ‘We do not have time to sit and sulk or dwell on the game in midweek’ 16th Feb 2024 14:47
Luke Williams believes his side are merely making up the numbers in games against a better class of opposition. He also believes the ability of his players is woefully short in key areas. All that as he goes in search of his first home league win in six weeks since becoming Swans head coach. 0

Harry Darling 50/50 today v Ipswich Town plus latest news 17th Feb 2024 10:04
Harry Darling is undergoing fitness tests this morning as Luke Williams looks to bolster his defensive options before the arrival of Ipswich Town this afternoon at the Swansea.Com Stadium. (KO:3pm) Ipswich come to Swansea on the back of a 4-0 away win at Millwall on Tuesday night. 0

TEAM NEWS - Swansea City v Ipswich Town 17th Feb 2024 12:56
The usual story from the Swans with more injuries being monitored this morning at Fairwood. Bashir Humphreys and Harry Darling this time. 1

Swansea City : When you are down the luck just will not go for you! 17th Feb 2024 18:12
It was the same old story for the Swans today, a lack of luck for sure, but the overall quality was seriously lacking. The positives though are the side lived very well with a top six side. 1

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 16:05 - Feb 17 with 2094 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 16:03 - Feb 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

We have a player sitting on our bench that juventus and other big clubs are supposedly fighting over. If he’s good enough for juventus why is he sitting on our bench?

As it stands at HT. Four points from relegation.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 16:06 - Feb 17 with 2073 viewsonehunglow

No changes

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 16:08 - Feb 17 with 2058 viewsswan65split

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 16:05 - Feb 17 by KeithHaynes

As it stands at HT. Four points from relegation.

sad to see, but i have a feeling its a Dads army frazer for us.

just hope i am wrong.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 16:21 - Feb 17 with 1994 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 16:08 - Feb 17 by swan65split

sad to see, but i have a feeling its a Dads army frazer for us.

just hope i am wrong.

QPR and Sheff Wednesday both winning!!
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 16:52 - Feb 17 with 1817 viewsswan65split

its going to be another Neville week.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:05 - Feb 17 with 1691 viewsunion_jack

It was a spirited performance in parts but if LW isn’t worried, he should be.

Good subs, blowing my re-match prediction out of the water.

Probably deserved a point due to effort but if you don’t score, you don’t win.

I suppose it’s playing more sides in ‘our league’ from now on but I wouldn’t put Ipswich as a top 4 side. They’ll make the POs but the side out of the three that doesn’t go up automatically, will win the POs.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:11 - Feb 17 with 1645 viewsAnotherJohn

We lacked sharpness up front, and I thought Ronald again rather flattered to deceive because he failed to produce end product. Surprisingly, Naughton put in the best crosses for us. I won't judge the Ukrainian on the limited time he had.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:25 - Feb 17 with 1569 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:11 - Feb 17 by AnotherJohn

We lacked sharpness up front, and I thought Ronald again rather flattered to deceive because he failed to produce end product. Surprisingly, Naughton put in the best crosses for us. I won't judge the Ukrainian on the limited time he had.

Naughton was our best player in many ways. Tymon was also fantastic.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:36 - Feb 17 with 1515 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Effort and application was very much where we need it to be in the second half. Shame about the quality. Their keeper pulled off an absolute worldie of a save at the end from that deflection,

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:39 - Feb 17 with 1500 viewsDr_Winston

A better performance overall. Not enough chances created and we're still dithering far too much in the final third (the chances we had and spurned to get an early ball in or shot off were plentiful) but way better than in the week. Helped that we had two midfielders trying to do different jobs instead apeing one another.

Two weak goals conceded again though. Darling can't come back to full fitness quickly enough, and even then that might not cut it. A bigger deal really should have been made of Notts County's defensive record this season before Williams was appointed. Leaking goals for fun was a feature of the Martin years and so far it's been the same under his protege.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:43 - Feb 17 with 1454 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:39 - Feb 17 by Dr_Winston

A better performance overall. Not enough chances created and we're still dithering far too much in the final third (the chances we had and spurned to get an early ball in or shot off were plentiful) but way better than in the week. Helped that we had two midfielders trying to do different jobs instead apeing one another.

Two weak goals conceded again though. Darling can't come back to full fitness quickly enough, and even then that might not cut it. A bigger deal really should have been made of Notts County's defensive record this season before Williams was appointed. Leaking goals for fun was a feature of the Martin years and so far it's been the same under his protege.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, we don’t have first class defenders admittedly but we have a far worse defence. How much time have the opposition in the last few games had to score against us.

If we experienced such largesse from our opponents just once in a season I’d think it was Christmas!

We need to build this team on a strong, or at least stronger defensive unit. Cut out the generosity and build from there.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:44 - Feb 17 with 1436 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:39 - Feb 17 by Dr_Winston

Good assessment.
The starting selection was flawed and that which ended the game far better.
Surely now,the auks has to be given a good run. He looked a nuisance if nothing else .
Yates time should be spent on bench .
Naughton did indeed play well in the circumstances . It’s a shame the curse in our centre backs still remains . We do not need to commit harikari to get results and it is now all about results.
Any finer plans Williams gas can be shelved until we are safe which might not be for some time .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:48 - Feb 17 with 1420 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:43 - Feb 17 by union_jack

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, we don’t have first class defenders admittedly but we have a far worse defence. How much time have the opposition in the last few games had to score against us.

If we experienced such largesse from our opponents just once in a season I’d think it was Christmas!

We need to build this team on a strong, or at least stronger defensive unit. Cut out the generosity and build from there.

I've made this point before, but if Garry Monk can play an important role in a defence capable of getting promoted out of this division then there's no reason why any of our incumbents can't.

They're playing a high line which leaves us wide open at the back to the quick ball through or an error, both of which cost us today. We need to keep it simple there, not reinvent the wheel to prove how clever our coaches are.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:51 - Feb 17 with 1389 viewsdantheswansman

The improvement since Luke has come in is plain to see, another display that deserved at least a point, if the board go and sack Luke based on this i have no time for the club anymore.
He deserves to get the time to keep us up and backed in the summer, surely even SpecSavers best customers can see the squad is improving and we have had one hell of a run against the top teams
Its far from over and Sunderland will be three points barring a miracle from them
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:55 - Feb 17 with 1356 viewstheloneranger

Once again we've lost the match in the first half!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:56 - Feb 17 with 1351 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:51 - Feb 17 by dantheswansman

The improvement since Luke has come in is plain to see, another display that deserved at least a point, if the board go and sack Luke based on this i have no time for the club anymore.
He deserves to get the time to keep us up and backed in the summer, surely even SpecSavers best customers can see the squad is improving and we have had one hell of a run against the top teams
Its far from over and Sunderland will be three points barring a miracle from them

I’m not sure what your last line is saying?

They won’t sack him but he’ll know as well as anyone else that it’s a results business. He’s failing on that marker.

Injuries have played a part but tactically we are naive. We need to be more pragmatic in our approach in order to get the points needed.

Then, as you say, back him in the summer and see what happens then.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:59 - Feb 17 with 1341 viewsTreforys_Jack

Improved performance but nil points again. Too slow to get forward and players unwilling to take a shot on. I rarely critisise officials, but the ref and the linesman in front of the East stand were shockingly bad. Oh and Yates is bloody awful.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 18:00 - Feb 17 with 1330 viewsDr_Winston

Not sure why so many people are convinced that there's been much in the way of improvement yet either. Results have been poor and quite a lot of the performances even worse.

UJ is correct about pragmatism.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 18:13 - Feb 17 with 1253 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 18:00 - Feb 17 by Dr_Winston

Not sure why so many people are convinced that there's been much in the way of improvement yet either. Results have been poor and quite a lot of the performances even worse.

UJ is correct about pragmatism.

The simple answer to that is an element of our fan base is up there amongst the dumbest, meanwhile next seasons Swansea v Wrexham league one encounters become closer to reality.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 18:15 - Feb 17 with 1235 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:55 - Feb 17 by theloneranger

Once again we've lost the match in the first half!!

Na we lost it once the final whistle went.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 18:15 - Feb 17 with 1234 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : When you are down the luck just will not go for you! 17th Feb 2024 18:12
It was the same old story for the Swans today, a lack of luck for sure, but the overall quality was seriously lacking. The positives though are the side lived very well with a top six side. 1

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 18:16 - Feb 17 with 1226 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 18:13 - Feb 17 by shingle

The simple answer to that is an element of our fan base is up there amongst the dumbest, meanwhile next seasons Swansea v Wrexham league one encounters become closer to reality.

It is basic proof that managers or players can earn themselves a hell of a lot of leeway by spouting stuff that the supporters will lap up like cats, but dare to suggest that a Derby game is worth the same amount of points as any other and you're marked for life.

They've loved snake oil salesmen down here for decades. You only have to witness the man crushes some people still have on Martinez for confirmation of that.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 19:22 - Feb 17 with 1003 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 18:13 - Feb 17 by shingle

So , if my opinion is, that I think performances (if not results) are improving on the whole then I'm among the dumbest, cheers for that 👍
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 19:27 - Feb 17 with 970 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:51 - Feb 17 by dantheswansman

the fan base have to stop having a go at Luke then hopefully the owners won't have a knee jerk reaction
Luke has had 6 games with most of those against the tip3 sides.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 19:51 - Feb 17 with 884 viewsHoneyBadger

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 16:03 - Feb 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

We have a player sitting on our bench that juventus and other big clubs are supposedly fighting over. If he’s good enough for juventus why is he sitting on our bench?

Pleased it is not just me that can't fathom this. The three substitutions in the second half which included Patino resulted in a vast improvement. Quality of forward passing was in a different league. I wish Swansea would start with their best players. I also think Ronald would be much better used in a more central position. Playing him within 2 inches of the touch line is a waste of a great talent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024