Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jay Fulton 16:49 - Mar 30 with 1375 viewsliamW

Initially given a contract on Steve Cooper’s insistence then followed up by Martin.

He’s contracted until 2026.

I’m doing a piece on him shortly. Would welcome your views.
Jay Fulton on 16:53 - Mar 30 with 1367 viewsDr_Winston

Good at what he does and largely underrated by the masses as a whole. Overall he's been a fine player for us and will still be a decent asset until the end of his deal.

The problem comes when you play him and Grimes together. They bring the worst out of each other and provide as much "get up and go" as Monty Python's Norwegian Blue.

You can't play two deep midfielders in the same team. Both of them spend more time hanging around with our central defenders than they do pushing the game on. One midfielder has to push forward, but when together neither of them do. Separately they can and have in the past.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jay Fulton on 17:31 - Mar 30 with 1292 viewsswancity

Jay is a good pro. Joined Swansea as a 19/20 year old when they were a Premier League club but you sense that the Championship is more his level. He’s always done well. A hard working honest player who can be relied upon to always give his all. His best position is a holding/defensive midfielder where he can provide a good shield to the back 4/5. Doesn’t possess the superb range of passing that someone like Grimes does but he’s more physical and is particularly useful when he’s stopping opponents.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Jay Fulton on 17:35 - Mar 30 with 1283 viewsbuilthjack

Average bottom half Championship midfielder.
If we want top 6 he is not your man.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jay Fulton on 17:46 - Mar 30 with 1253 viewsKeithHaynes

I have to say I thought it was just the Cooper contract he is still living off.

Every time I think he’s duff he pops up with a goal.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jay Fulton on 18:09 - Mar 30 with 1219 viewsblackpooljack

Jay Fulton on 17:46 - Mar 30 by KeithHaynes

I have to say I thought it was just the Cooper contract he is still living off.

Every time I think he’s duff he pops up with a goal.

I think he's been duff more times than the 12 goals he's managed in 250 times he's pulled on the shirt thats only 4 more than Ben Cabango
Jay Fulton on 21:48 - Mar 30 with 1085 viewsReslovenSwan1

He is too slow of thought and action and too mechanical. Swansea cannot compete against top sides because they are way too sharp and fast for Swansea in general.

These teams cut through Swansea like a knife despite playing three centre back and two defensive midfielders. Player like Fulton and Grimes were chasing shadows against the better teams. Azeem should be allowed to play in midfield. He is sharper and more athletic.
[Post edited 30 Mar 22:17]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Jay Fulton on 10:00 - Mar 31 with 922 viewsTreforys_Jack

Jay Fulton on 16:53 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

Good at what he does and largely underrated by the masses as a whole. Overall he's been a fine player for us and will still be a decent asset until the end of his deal.

The problem comes when you play him and Grimes together. They bring the worst out of each other and provide as much "get up and go" as Monty Python's Norwegian Blue.

You can't play two deep midfielders in the same team. Both of them spend more time hanging around with our central defenders than they do pushing the game on. One midfielder has to push forward, but when together neither of them do. Separately they can and have in the past.

Exactly my view of him. Grimes regresses so much when paired with Jay.
Jay Fulton on 10:15 - Mar 31 with 907 viewsDr_Winston

Jay Fulton on 10:00 - Mar 31 by Treforys_Jack

Exactly my view of him. Grimes regresses so much when paired with Jay.

Don't get me wrong, I think Grimes has proven himself to be more than capable of killing the momentum of our team singlehandedly when he's in the mood, but we have seen occasional flashes over the past five years (not many, but some) that he may be capable of actually being the player that a lof of people would have us believe that he already is.

He's never going to be when he and Fulton are basically treading on each other in the middle. The best football he's played in his career was in 18/19 when he had Fer and Celina alongside him, yet for some reason Williams, Martin and Cooper before them couldn't wait to play him alongside another DM. The best football he's played since then came when he had Patino alongside him earlier in the season. I will at least give Duff credit for grasping that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Jay Fulton on 11:29 - Mar 31 with 831 viewsRichardO

Jay Fulton on 10:15 - Mar 31 by Dr_Winston

Don't get me wrong, I think Grimes has proven himself to be more than capable of killing the momentum of our team singlehandedly when he's in the mood, but we have seen occasional flashes over the past five years (not many, but some) that he may be capable of actually being the player that a lof of people would have us believe that he already is.

He's never going to be when he and Fulton are basically treading on each other in the middle. The best football he's played in his career was in 18/19 when he had Fer and Celina alongside him, yet for some reason Williams, Martin and Cooper before them couldn't wait to play him alongside another DM. The best football he's played since then came when he had Patino alongside him earlier in the season. I will at least give Duff credit for grasping that.

The last number of games with the exception of the Cardiff game Grimes has been found too often in our defensive third again rather than alternating with other midfielders.Teams have set up to sit and wait nullifying the wing play, the opposition commit players forward in a arc of three player so you need better movement in the middle, both Key and Tymon eventually ended driving forward in field seeing these gaps but because we are unaccustomed to seeing this, Fulton and Grimes seem unable to react to offer outlets.
It does seem as if the fear of conceding or losing possession really is affecting any cohesive forward play. At times we have gone behind we have then been force to push forward. It did seem as if on Friday we would go on to win the game but we just reverted to the holding pattern which invited them to press on for the win they needed more.
Jay Fulton on 13:15 - Mar 31 with 777 viewsTreforys_Jack

Leon was often found amongst our centre halves, but he'd recieve the ball, move it quickly and advance rapidly into midfield. Grimes shows glimpses now and again especially with Fulton on the bench, but nowhere near consistently enough.
Jay Fulton on 13:52 - Mar 31 with 758 viewsblackpooljack

None of us would miss him if he left and that says it all really.
Jay Fulton on 14:11 - Mar 31 with 729 viewsWhiterockin

Jay Fulton on 13:52 - Mar 31 by blackpooljack

None of us would miss him if he left and that says it all really.

He is a decent player and would be excellent cover for Grimes, the problem is Grimes never misses a game, and as others have said you can't play the two together.
Jay Fulton on 14:19 - Mar 31 with 701 viewsDr_Winston

Jay Fulton on 13:15 - Mar 31 by Treforys_Jack

Leon was often found amongst our centre halves, but he'd recieve the ball, move it quickly and advance rapidly into midfield. Grimes shows glimpses now and again especially with Fulton on the bench, but nowhere near consistently enough.

Absolutely.

One of the key differences between a player of undoubted top level class like Joe Allen (or Leon before him) and others like Grimes is that he's already thinking about what to do with the ball even before he's got it. The ability to take it on the turn should be a prerequisite for a player in that role, yet far more often than not Grimes either passes the ball straight back or takes too long to turn and decide what to do with it.

I firmly believe that it's one of the reasons why, despite how much some people hype him up, there has never been any serious interest from bigger clubs even at this level, never mind higher up.
[Post edited 31 Mar 14:35]

Jay Fulton on 15:42 - Mar 31 with 626 viewsunion_jack

Jay Fulton on 14:11 - Mar 31 by Whiterockin

He is a decent player and would be excellent cover for Grimes, the problem is Grimes never misses a game, and as others have said you can't play the two together.

What would Walsh give for Grimes’ fitness? What would we give??

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Jay Fulton on 16:48 - Mar 31 with 567 viewsmax936

Jay Fulton on 15:42 - Mar 31 by union_jack

What would Walsh give for Grimes’ fitness? What would we give??

This a consistently fit Walsh and Grimes partnership, would be a sight for sore eyes.
[Post edited 31 Mar 16:48]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jay Fulton on 20:41 - Mar 31 with 476 viewsvetchonian

Jay Fulton on 13:15 - Mar 31 by Treforys_Jack

that was Leon's role to take the ball of the centre backs and move it forwards
Under Martinez the likes of Monk and Ash were there to defend you never saw them bringing the ball out if defence.
Martinez wanted Leon to give his defenders an out ball with out hoofing.
It's amazing how now many of our fans expect more of the defenders at the end of the day they are there firstly to defend

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024