Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh NHS Quiz 12:55 - May 18 with 1022 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Sadly my elderly neighbour fell over last night and broke a hip. The question is, if you live in Swansea where does the paramedic come from to attend to you in such circumstances?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Welsh NHS Quiz on 12:59 - May 18 with 1012 viewsmajorraglan

The call will be triaged and graded and then it will be the nearest available crew. I’ll guess Carmarthen or Tumble.
Welsh NHS Quiz on 13:04 - May 18 with 1010 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Welsh NHS Quiz on 12:59 - May 18 by majorraglan

The call will be triaged and graded and then it will be the nearest available crew. I’ll guess Carmarthen or Tumble.

Nope.........east rather than west.

Welsh NHS Quiz on 13:52 - May 18 with 965 viewsBoundy

Welsh NHS Quiz on 13:04 - May 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

My mother fell in her garden a couple of years ago and we were advised that she shouldn't be moved , despite the rain and the amount of time it was to be until an an ambulance would arrive we complied, hours past and as if by luck one of the family members knew a paramedic who lived in the village who although not on shift came to assess my mother and was subsequently moved to Morriston by car.
Good luck to anyone who has need of their services.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh NHS Quiz on 14:44 - May 18 with 946 viewsWingstandwood

I have seen a paramedic ambulance arriving from Llandeilo for a O.A.P fall in Gower approx 23 miles away, I have also seen (used as additional cover by Welsh NHS) a St Johns Ambulance paramedic arrive from Bridgend for Gower call-outs also.

Contrary to natural assumed opinion NHS ambulances can arrive from another health board area.
https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3271823

Argus!

Welsh NHS Quiz on 15:06 - May 18 with 922 viewsmajorraglan

Welsh NHS Quiz on 14:44 - May 18 by Wingstandwood

I have seen a paramedic ambulance arriving from Llandeilo for a O.A.P fall in Gower approx 23 miles away, I have also seen (used as additional cover by Welsh NHS) a St Johns Ambulance paramedic arrive from Bridgend for Gower call-outs also.

Contrary to natural assumed opinion NHS ambulances can arrive from another health board area.
https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3271823

I’m aware of cases where ambulances from Pembroke have attended calls in Carmarthen and Tumble Station have attended calls in Swansea.

You are right about ambulances covering different health board areas. WAST (Welsh Ambulances Services Trust) is a standalone organisation and provides the ambulance response to incidents across all of Wales, the individual health boards aren’t responsible for the ambulance services.

Most of the issues across the NHS can be traced back to shortcomings in community care which causes bed blocking.
Welsh NHS Quiz on 15:19 - May 18 with 912 viewsunion_jack

Wherever they come from, it’s only the beginning of a very long, uncomfortable and frustrating process!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Welsh NHS Quiz on 15:21 - May 18 with 911 viewsGwyn737

Welsh NHS Quiz on 13:52 - May 18 by Boundy

My mother fell in her garden a couple of years ago and we were advised that she shouldn't be moved , despite the rain and the amount of time it was to be until an an ambulance would arrive we complied, hours past and as if by luck one of the family members knew a paramedic who lived in the village who although not on shift came to assess my mother and was subsequently moved to Morriston by car.

That sounds awful, mate.

Hope she was ok? 🙏
Welsh NHS Quiz on 15:37 - May 18 with 886 viewsKeithHaynes

Best in her recovery 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh NHS Quiz on 15:45 - May 18 with 868 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh NHS Quiz on 13:04 - May 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

First, I hope she's ok.

Second, I needed an ambulance in Killay once and it came from Camarthen.

Third, from the East......Newport?
Welsh NHS Quiz on 16:50 - May 18 with 833 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Welsh NHS Quiz on 15:45 - May 18 by SullutaCreturned

First, I hope she's ok.

Second, I needed an ambulance in Killay once and it came from Camarthen.

Third, from the East......Newport?

Thanks for the thought.

Correct - Newport!

Welsh NHS Quiz on 18:41 - May 18 with 789 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

You’re lucky for a paramedic to come at all these days.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Welsh NHS Quiz on 19:27 - May 18 with 768 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh NHS Quiz on 16:50 - May 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

Thanks for the thought.

Correct - Newport!

Sometimes it's a real git being right, Newport jeez. What has the NHS become. Our governments have a lot to answer for.
Welsh NHS Quiz on 22:12 - May 18 with 707 viewsBoundy

Welsh NHS Quiz on 15:21 - May 18 by Gwyn737

That sounds awful, mate.

Hope she was ok? 🙏

Cheers ,yes she's fine, this was a few years ago when we complained that waiting for ambulance more than 4 hours was a national disgrace,o little did we know.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh NHS Quiz on 12:17 - May 19 with 633 viewsBarrySwan

Welsh NHS Quiz on 13:52 - May 18 by Boundy

Same here

About 3 or 4 years ago my mother fell in the garden and broke her hip. Advised not to move her she spent 6 hours lying in the rain, covered with blankets and rain coats waiting for an ambulance to show up.

Not out in the sticks but in the middle of Penarth.

To compound matters when I visited her in Llandough hospital, the ward in my view was filthy, dirty dressings and other debris littered the floor whilst the (presumably university graduated nurses) chatted in the nurses station or stepped over the mess whilst foraying out onto the ward occasionally.

I picked up many of the dressings and other assorted debris as I was so disgusted and shocked at what I was witnessing.

Some might scoff at the suggestion that rod of iron matrons be brought back to oversee hospital wards but I'm all for it after that appalling experience of our wonderful NHS
Welsh NHS Quiz on 12:39 - May 19 with 624 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh NHS Quiz on 12:17 - May 19 by BarrySwan

Same here

About 3 or 4 years ago my mother fell in the garden and broke her hip. Advised not to move her she spent 6 hours lying in the rain, covered with blankets and rain coats waiting for an ambulance to show up.

Not out in the sticks but in the middle of Penarth.

To compound matters when I visited her in Llandough hospital, the ward in my view was filthy, dirty dressings and other debris littered the floor whilst the (presumably university graduated nurses) chatted in the nurses station or stepped over the mess whilst foraying out onto the ward occasionally.

I picked up many of the dressings and other assorted debris as I was so disgusted and shocked at what I was witnessing.

Some might scoff at the suggestion that rod of iron matrons be brought back to oversee hospital wards but I'm all for it after that appalling experience of our wonderful NHS

My sister was a nurse for 43 years and she was ashamed of the way some of her colleagues behaved. She quit the NHS 25 years back and went to work for cancer charities but when she was in the Heath she bemoaned the fact that nurses weren't capable of certain things because they weren't trained when those things were standard training when she qualified in 1980.
She saw healthcare assistants doing things nurses used to do, nurses doing things doctors used to do and she saw precious few doctors or nurses most of the time.

A few years earlier when she visited our elderly sick mother in Morriston hospital she found her on a trolley in the corridor with no blanket but kying on her side wearing one of those backless gowns so her arse was on show to the world. She went ballistic.

The NHS has been on a downward trajectory for 3 decades or more. Where we are now is really at the point of don't have a serious accident or a serious health concern because if you do, you're fecked.

Call an ambulance but wait until you die, go on a waiting list and wait until you die. Try and see your GP but be told they're only seeing emergencies today (yes that's my GP every Friday now) and go to a chemist and you may find they can't get your meds.

Blame it n whatever you want, Brexit probably for many but the reality is it's been coming for many years because of awful politicians who are too busy prancing and preening, enriching themselves and generally being dicks while the rest f us suffer. Unless we are rich and can afford the private sector.
Welsh NHS Quiz on 12:59 - May 19 with 621 viewsmax936

My Nephew who has Heart problems had a turn last night where blood and blood clots were just pouring from his nose, been down A&E all night, Mrs brother just went to fetch them home. he'd been triaged, but it would have been another few hours before he was seen by a Doctor, its ridiculous.

Yet we had dreadful wasting money by wanting to spent another 120 million on more MP's, priorities all wrong, totally clueless.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Welsh NHS Quiz on 09:58 - May 20 with 550 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Welsh NHS Quiz on 12:59 - May 19 by max936

My Nephew who has Heart problems had a turn last night where blood and blood clots were just pouring from his nose, been down A&E all night, Mrs brother just went to fetch them home. he'd been triaged, but it would have been another few hours before he was seen by a Doctor, its ridiculous.

Yet we had dreadful wasting money by wanting to spent another 120 million on more MP's, priorities all wrong, totally clueless.

You wonder just how bad it has to get before people put pressure on politicians to sort things out.

Welsh NHS Quiz on 13:17 - May 20 with 508 viewsmajorraglan

Unfortunately I’ve had quite a lot of experience dealing with hospitals over the last 6 weeks after a family member was diagnosed with terminal illness. Based on our experience, the treatment on the first ward was excellent, the place was clean and tidy and staff although busy were attentive and always had the patients well being at the forefront of everything.
The second ward was more of a mixed bag, most of the staff were superb but it generally didn't appear to be as good as the first ward and when our relative was released him on a palliative care package there were a few issues we needed to address.
Community nursing team staff and the health board employed health care assistants have been superb as have the other key players, such as hospital pharmacy, medical teams and our local pharmacy (not NHS) have also been superb. GP has been good too.
What I did notice when visiting the hospital, is the staff are generally run ragged and that there’s a huge amount of bed blocking, generally older people some of whom are just waiting to go home and others seeing their time out.

Someone mentioned matrons earlier in the thread - they still exist but a lot of trusts don’t use the title matrons these days and call them Lead Nurses as no doubt some of the post holders are men. A Lead Nurse is identifiable by their uniform which is dark blue with red piping on the collar and sleeves and they are responsible for places they are responsible for clusters of wards or areas.
Welsh NHS Quiz on 16:21 - May 20 with 465 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh NHS Quiz on 13:17 - May 20 by majorraglan

Unfortunately I’ve had quite a lot of experience dealing with hospitals over the last 6 weeks after a family member was diagnosed with terminal illness. Based on our experience, the treatment on the first ward was excellent, the place was clean and tidy and staff although busy were attentive and always had the patients well being at the forefront of everything.
The second ward was more of a mixed bag, most of the staff were superb but it generally didn't appear to be as good as the first ward and when our relative was released him on a palliative care package there were a few issues we needed to address.
Community nursing team staff and the health board employed health care assistants have been superb as have the other key players, such as hospital pharmacy, medical teams and our local pharmacy (not NHS) have also been superb. GP has been good too.
What I did notice when visiting the hospital, is the staff are generally run ragged and that there’s a huge amount of bed blocking, generally older people some of whom are just waiting to go home and others seeing their time out.

Someone mentioned matrons earlier in the thread - they still exist but a lot of trusts don’t use the title matrons these days and call them Lead Nurses as no doubt some of the post holders are men. A Lead Nurse is identifiable by their uniform which is dark blue with red piping on the collar and sleeves and they are responsible for places they are responsible for clusters of wards or areas.

Some people are in hospital for months blocking beds, usually because they need a care package in place before the hospital will send them home. I know there's one in Morriston now who's been there since before last Christmas.

Staff are run ragged and partly because agency staff do not do everything the other staff do despite the fact they are usually paid more and the agency is creaming something off the top too. It's criminal, we won't give nurses a pay rise and trusts are running up debts paying agency staff a lot more than full time staff for less work.
Welsh NHS Quiz on 18:19 - May 20 with 423 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Welsh NHS Quiz on 16:21 - May 20 by SullutaCreturned

Some people are in hospital for months blocking beds, usually because they need a care package in place before the hospital will send them home. I know there's one in Morriston now who's been there since before last Christmas.

Staff are run ragged and partly because agency staff do not do everything the other staff do despite the fact they are usually paid more and the agency is creaming something off the top too. It's criminal, we won't give nurses a pay rise and trusts are running up debts paying agency staff a lot more than full time staff for less work.

Yes, same situation in Social Care, there has to be some regulation of this stuff, not easy to get right but important to address.

Welsh NHS Quiz on 10:58 - May 23 with 284 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh NHS Quiz on 12:39 - May 19 by SullutaCreturned

My sister was a nurse for 43 years and she was ashamed of the way some of her colleagues behaved. She quit the NHS 25 years back and went to work for cancer charities but when she was in the Heath she bemoaned the fact that nurses weren't capable of certain things because they weren't trained when those things were standard training when she qualified in 1980.
She saw healthcare assistants doing things nurses used to do, nurses doing things doctors used to do and she saw precious few doctors or nurses most of the time.

A few years earlier when she visited our elderly sick mother in Morriston hospital she found her on a trolley in the corridor with no blanket but kying on her side wearing one of those backless gowns so her arse was on show to the world. She went ballistic.

The NHS has been on a downward trajectory for 3 decades or more. Where we are now is really at the point of don't have a serious accident or a serious health concern because if you do, you're fecked.

Call an ambulance but wait until you die, go on a waiting list and wait until you die. Try and see your GP but be told they're only seeing emergencies today (yes that's my GP every Friday now) and go to a chemist and you may find they can't get your meds.

Blame it n whatever you want, Brexit probably for many but the reality is it's been coming for many years because of awful politicians who are too busy prancing and preening, enriching themselves and generally being dicks while the rest f us suffer. Unless we are rich and can afford the private sector.

Nurses are not always the angels they are portrayed to be. Some are lazy just like in any workplace. It's the health support workers that do the patient care, all for just above minimum wage. Obviously some of those can be lazy too
Welsh NHS Quiz on 21:48 - May 23 with 219 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Record waiting lists again. Never mind someone will be here to say it's not the Senedd's fault.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3ggl4qqlq1o

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024