Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good news 11:08 - Apr 12 with 10688 viewsbennytheblue

Particularly for my old buddy ‘the pencoed Jack’, looks like I’ll be back here next season after all, a bit twitchy of late but I think we are almost there barring some kind of apocalyptic ending.
I think you need us, noticed the other day that you have the worst away support in the championship at about 890, I find that hard to believe to be honest, the Jack army? Shoely not?
Might aswell get going with a bang (in case we come straight back down eh )
0
Good news on 10:44 - Apr 20 with 1376 viewsunion_jack

Good news on 10:34 - Apr 20 by onehunglow

Think now Hull might choke
Still think Wrexham will just fall short


That means Derby make it into the POs which I can’t see. I agree that Hull are / will choke.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

0
Good news on 16:46 - Apr 20 with 1255 viewsbennytheblue

Good news on 08:17 - Apr 20 by vetchonian

The first time youhas beaten us in how many games?

Yet despite that victory you found yourselves in D1 un the third tier of football whilst we ahain slent amother seasom above you...in the Championship


We beat you 2-0 the season before too…..just saying….
0
Good news on 16:51 - Apr 20 with 1246 viewsbennytheblue

Good news on 06:02 - Apr 20 by Whiterockin

They will need to invest heavily if they want to stay in the Championship next season, I don't think Tan will they are hemorrhaging money and without the Sala money the pot is empty.


Did you spend £15 million last summer?
I’m not sure Tan will invest but he might well sell up?

We still have a core of players who have done ok at championship level, now mixed with a few very decent youngsters instead of overpaid journeyman. We also have a good young manager, I’m not sure when if ever in 35 years I’ve been able to say that.

Who knows
0
Good news on 16:57 - Apr 20 with 1226 viewsWhiterockin

Good news on 16:51 - Apr 20 by bennytheblue

Did you spend £15 million last summer?
I’m not sure Tan will invest but he might well sell up?

We still have a core of players who have done ok at championship level, now mixed with a few very decent youngsters instead of overpaid journeyman. We also have a good young manager, I’m not sure when if ever in 35 years I’ve been able to say that.

Who knows


I thought your core players took you down, they really are not good enough for the Championship. Only one player in the League One team of the season, doesn't shout out you have good players to me.
0
Good news on 18:32 - Apr 20 with 1168 viewsbennytheblue

Good news on 16:57 - Apr 20 by Whiterockin

I thought your core players took you down, they really are not good enough for the Championship. Only one player in the League One team of the season, doesn't shout out you have good players to me.


Possibly, in the main I think it was the two woeful managers that did the damage and even decent players just switched off in the end, it happens right, just like your ok players did when we beat you 3 nil on the way to going down.
Wintle has been outstanding, he was on loan last season, Robertson has been better, Joel Colwill is a decent prospect, more so than his brother he was also on loan last season. Then we have Lawlor who will go soon enough as I’m sure you know. Will fish formed a decent partnership with him too.
The weak manager’s continually playing el ghazi and kanga were killing us last season. I’m not even sure if Ramsey played at all…..
We still have a few like Turnbull and Perry ng, the latter has been outstanding of late. I think only 3 players played v reading who had any impact last season so mainly a new team.
Like I said, I don’t think we are safe to stay up, we will see though.
0
Good news on 19:04 - Apr 20 with 1151 viewsKeithHaynes

Good news on 18:32 - Apr 20 by bennytheblue

Possibly, in the main I think it was the two woeful managers that did the damage and even decent players just switched off in the end, it happens right, just like your ok players did when we beat you 3 nil on the way to going down.
Wintle has been outstanding, he was on loan last season, Robertson has been better, Joel Colwill is a decent prospect, more so than his brother he was also on loan last season. Then we have Lawlor who will go soon enough as I’m sure you know. Will fish formed a decent partnership with him too.
The weak manager’s continually playing el ghazi and kanga were killing us last season. I’m not even sure if Ramsey played at all…..
We still have a few like Turnbull and Perry ng, the latter has been outstanding of late. I think only 3 players played v reading who had any impact last season so mainly a new team.
Like I said, I don’t think we are safe to stay up, we will see though.


A dose of reality amongst your fanbase may assist mate.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Good news on 19:27 - Apr 20 with 1129 viewsWhiterockin

Good news on 18:32 - Apr 20 by bennytheblue

Possibly, in the main I think it was the two woeful managers that did the damage and even decent players just switched off in the end, it happens right, just like your ok players did when we beat you 3 nil on the way to going down.
Wintle has been outstanding, he was on loan last season, Robertson has been better, Joel Colwill is a decent prospect, more so than his brother he was also on loan last season. Then we have Lawlor who will go soon enough as I’m sure you know. Will fish formed a decent partnership with him too.
The weak manager’s continually playing el ghazi and kanga were killing us last season. I’m not even sure if Ramsey played at all…..
We still have a few like Turnbull and Perry ng, the latter has been outstanding of late. I think only 3 players played v reading who had any impact last season so mainly a new team.
Like I said, I don’t think we are safe to stay up, we will see though.


Aren't several of your players including NG out of contract in a couple of weeks.
0
Good news on 08:51 - Apr 21 with 1049 viewsbennytheblue

Good news on 19:04 - Apr 20 by KeithHaynes

A dose of reality amongst your fanbase may assist mate.


That’s unlikely to ever happen isn’t it?
0
Login to get fewer ads

Good news on 08:53 - Apr 21 with 1046 viewsbennytheblue

Good news on 19:27 - Apr 20 by Whiterockin

Aren't several of your players including NG out of contract in a couple of weeks.


Yes ng and Wintle, but I believe they both want to stay on now…..key players for us.
2nd youngest team in the EFL we are
0
Good news on 09:02 - Apr 21 with 1037 viewsonehunglow

Good news on 08:53 - Apr 21 by bennytheblue

Yes ng and Wintle, but I believe they both want to stay on now…..key players for us.
2nd youngest team in the EFL we are


Looking forward to it all again , Ben?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Good news on 12:41 - Apr 21 with 978 viewsDemitrius

Good news on 08:51 - Apr 21 by bennytheblue

That’s unlikely to ever happen isn’t it?


Was saddened to see that Dai Hunt had passed away Benny

Did you know him ?

The first time I encountered him was before the Finland or Brazil games in 2000 in The Goat Major ranting on about his beloved Cardiff City to complete strangers. Absolutely barking he was and on a level of delusion that was off the scale...

Myself and another Swans fan were creased up at the nonsense ...

Can't knock his dedication though football is losing those type of "characters" with time, we used to have a few of them ourselves....

“Cunnilingus and Psychiatry brought us to this …”

0
Good news on 13:41 - Apr 21 with 954 viewsbennytheblue

Good news on 12:41 - Apr 21 by Demitrius

Was saddened to see that Dai Hunt had passed away Benny

Did you know him ?

The first time I encountered him was before the Finland or Brazil games in 2000 in The Goat Major ranting on about his beloved Cardiff City to complete strangers. Absolutely barking he was and on a level of delusion that was off the scale...

Myself and another Swans fan were creased up at the nonsense ...

Can't knock his dedication though football is losing those type of "characters" with time, we used to have a few of them ourselves....


Didn’t know him personally, but knew of him and moreover where he sat in the ground.
in the late 80’s and early 90’s at Ninian park, as the crowds were so small you could hear him easily back then. Also with so many woeful players he had plenty to say….lol
He wasn’t so noticeable since we moved grounds but I’ve never sat where he does anyway by the half way line. Mad to think he passed the day we were promoted, be nice to think he knew we made it before he went. Apparently he had a huge knowledge of all the football clubs not just us, ask him a question about any and he knew the answer……a right character.
1
Good news on 13:46 - Apr 21 with 948 viewsbennytheblue

Good news on 09:02 - Apr 21 by onehunglow

Looking forward to it all again , Ben?


A difficult one…..kind of.
I hear today that Tan is going to “back him” whatever that means in Tan talk, something I have little time for. The less input he has the better. Ironic the useless tawats who run the club used and agency to find BBM, they just aren’t capable themselves. The remit, you have no money, we are offloading 17 players and promoting all the youth…you want the job?
Under no illusions it will be easy….cant see too many weak teams bar hopefully the two we come up with.
0
Good news on 13:53 - Apr 21 with 943 viewsbennytheblue

Good news on 13:41 - Apr 21 by bennytheblue

Didn’t know him personally, but knew of him and moreover where he sat in the ground.
in the late 80’s and early 90’s at Ninian park, as the crowds were so small you could hear him easily back then. Also with so many woeful players he had plenty to say….lol
He wasn’t so noticeable since we moved grounds but I’ve never sat where he does anyway by the half way line. Mad to think he passed the day we were promoted, be nice to think he knew we made it before he went. Apparently he had a huge knowledge of all the football clubs not just us, ask him a question about any and he knew the answer……a right character.


Also there is talk of a minute of shouting at one of the two home games we have left, a minute of silence just isn’t appropriate lol
2
Good news on 14:40 - Apr 21 with 911 viewsKeithHaynes

Good news on 08:51 - Apr 21 by bennytheblue

That’s unlikely to ever happen isn’t it?


😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026