Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your World Cup Verdict 09:19 - Jul 20 with 5591 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Your World Cup Verdict


Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls


Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: Your World Cup Verdict

0
Your World Cup Verdict on 09:05 - Jul 22 with 790 viewsWhiterockin

Your World Cup Verdict on 08:52 - Jul 22 by Gwyn737

It's sad that for those outside the US it's one of things most associated with the tournament and will be referred to for some time.


They are very lucky that the Argentina team behaved so badly after the final whistle to take the heat off the shambolic organisation of the World Cup final.
1
Your World Cup Verdict on 09:05 - Jul 22 with 786 viewsonehunglow

Your World Cup Verdict on 09:02 - Jul 22 by wwcigne

They Americanized the whole tournament, playing 1:4 ‘s ,albeit under the guise of hydration breaks , the halftime show in the final
Infantino sucking up to Trump was sickening ,there needs to be a new man in charge of FIFA , he’s lost all credibility and respect ,it’s embarrassing

,


Dead right

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Your World Cup Verdict on 11:40 - Jul 22 with 702 viewsncswan

Your World Cup Verdict on 08:51 - Jul 22 by Gwyn737

I think the president of the host country intervening is wrong.

It may well be a cultural difference (and the reason most over here aren't keen on VAR) that we like our sports warts and all as it provokes conversation - it's part of the game.

Having said that, in hindsight all that was really achieved was Norway having their pre-match team talk written for them and producing their best perfomanace of the tournament.

Do you think that occurance encouraged Bryson to ask what he asked?
[Post edited 22 Jul 11:47]


Just for the record, I think VAR has a lot of flaws, especially slowing down the game, and silly infractions such as the one where a goal was disallowed due to the ball sensing a player's hair had been touched thus invoking a ruling of offsides on the buildup to the goal.

I think 2-time US Open winner, Bryson DeChambeau, behaved like a spoiled child and should have accepted the R&A officials' ruling based on the video evidence. To answer your question, yes. At that point I think BDC, as a last feeble resort, was trying to impress the R&A that he had a personal relationship with President Trump. Obviously, it didn't work.

There are things I like about BDC, and what he offers to the game of golf. But, and I'm sure I'm not alone in my thinking, I'm sorely disappointed in his behavior in this instance.
0
Your World Cup Verdict on 11:46 - Jul 22 with 696 viewsGwyn737

Your World Cup Verdict on 11:40 - Jul 22 by ncswan

Just for the record, I think VAR has a lot of flaws, especially slowing down the game, and silly infractions such as the one where a goal was disallowed due to the ball sensing a player's hair had been touched thus invoking a ruling of offsides on the buildup to the goal.

I think 2-time US Open winner, Bryson DeChambeau, behaved like a spoiled child and should have accepted the R&A officials' ruling based on the video evidence. To answer your question, yes. At that point I think BDC, as a last feeble resort, was trying to impress the R&A that he had a personal relationship with President Trump. Obviously, it didn't work.

There are things I like about BDC, and what he offers to the game of golf. But, and I'm sure I'm not alone in my thinking, I'm sorely disappointed in his behavior in this instance.


I actually like Bryson too.

My point is he wouldn't have made that threat if there wasn't a precident. It doesn't matter what Trump said. It's political interference in the sport.

If the USMANT would have appealed - no issue (I'm aware they couldn't but that's the rules) . But in this case the presedent of the host country did. Bad form.

That situation is all the USMNT will be remembered for the tournament.
[Post edited 22 Jul 11:48]
0
Your World Cup Verdict on 18:44 - Jul 23 with 552 viewsWhiterockin

And so it rumbles on. The worldwide footballing public are really not happy the way this was handled, irrespective of what Americans feel.

Norway consider complaint over Balogun ban decision -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/fo
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026