Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michu 14:15 - Sep 3 with 19792 viewsJackSomething

I'm sure someone posted the other day that Michu is not a creative player behind a striker, that's he a goalscorer pure and simple.

Whoever that was may be interested in this:

'Michu made a remarkable seven key passes v the Baggies - more than the entire West Brom side put together.'

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Michu on 17:24 - Sep 4 with 2805 viewsDr_Winston

Michu on 17:17 - Sep 4 by Drizzy

Nice twist. Think someone offended de Guzman on another thread. Run along and do your job.

Nah. I'll stick around on this one and see what you come up with.

Think you should try to make out that Ash isn't much cop at interceptions next. Push yourself a bit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Michu on 17:27 - Sep 4 with 2795 viewsDarran

Michu on 17:24 - Sep 4 by Dr_Winston

Think you should try to make out that Ash isn't much cop at interceptions next. Push yourself a bit.

Don't start him on tennis.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Michu on 17:46 - Sep 4 with 2761 viewsDr_Winston

Michu on 17:27 - Sep 4 by Darran

Don't start him on tennis.

Think we got enough comedy mileage out of that last time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Michu on 18:09 - Sep 4 with 2739 viewsNeath_Jack

Tackle Jruss answer, he makes some very good points, without resorting to name calling too. Which is quite some achievement on here.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Michu on 18:21 - Sep 4 with 2717 viewsLT10__JS9__SS11

Anyone who starts criticizing our best player is an obvious troll/fan of an opposition club
Michu on 18:22 - Sep 4 with 2712 viewsW_Hunt

Michu on 12:46 - Sep 4 by Darran

Anyone that thinks Michu is currently a better player than Alan Curtis and Robbie James is either a kid or got a f*cking screw loose.

Great player though.

Arf. You must have been doing some serious drugs in those days, Dar.

As much as I love Curt and Robbie (played with and against him many times at schoolboy level), Michu is a class above.
Michu on 18:38 - Sep 4 with 2688 viewsDarran

Michu on 18:22 - Sep 4 by W_Hunt

Arf. You must have been doing some serious drugs in those days, Dar.

As much as I love Curt and Robbie (played with and against him many times at schoolboy level), Michu is a class above.

Not yet he isn't.

Michu on 18:45 - Sep 4 with 2663 viewsjruss1

Football fans in worship best player shock. What's wrong with people defending him ?

'Picking holes' in his game is exactly that. No need when he contributes so much.
Login to get fewer ads

Michu on 18:48 - Sep 4 with 2659 viewsDrizzy

Ha. Statistics speak for themselves. I'd wager he made more than 2 interceptions than last year, eh?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Michu on 18:49 - Sep 4 with 2654 viewsmonmouth

Michu on 09:32 - Sep 4 by jruss1

I don’t class Michu as a ‘creative midfielder’ I class him as a ‘goal scoring midfield player’ or a ‘second striker’, a massive difference. Because he plays ‘in the hole’ the natural assumption would be to assume he is our ‘play maker’ as this is the traditional position for players of that nature. But it doesn’t apply to Laudrup’s system and tactics.

Thinking back to when Laudrup signed Michu he said he needed to address the goals from midfield that Gylfi had and we were now missing, I’m not going to find the quotes but they will be there. He signed him to be a goal scoring midfielder, not a play maker.

In Laudrup’s 4-3-3 the creativity really falls to more deeper midfield player — Shelvey , JDG etc and the wingers who operate more as attacking midfielders when we have the ball. It’s been talked about a lot, even by ML himself that he likes his wide men to play narrow. This brings them into the areas that the more traditional creative midfielder would usually operate. By having them operate in these positions it allows Michu to look forward and make the runs beyond the striker and into the box — which is really his strength, alongside his excellent finishing. Laudrup is utilising both those strengths to the maximum while operating this way.

Therefore, he will never have a lot of assists, as he simply isn’t in the areas to do it. That’s not his game, that’s not what ML is instructing him to do. He isn’t saying ‘find the ball and look to play others in’. He’s telling him to find the advanced positions , make the forward runs and look to get on the end of through balls and crosses from other players. This makes him a very much a ‘second striker’ rather than an ‘attacking midfielder’ or a ‘creative midfielder’ despite his starting position usually being the one that operates in this way. With that in mind I understand why you feel he should be more of a creative influence, but if you study it closely it’s not what he’s there to do.

With such a big investment in a massive talent such as Bony, it may see Michu operate a little differently, but I doubt it. I get the impression ML always wants to play with a main forward and Michu behind, he’s talked about taking the pressure off Michu goal wise. I don’t think that means a change in approach in any way.

Comparing him to other players who play in different sides, with different systems and tactics and have different skill sets is completely and utterly pointless.

But the forgetting all that stuff, I think your seriously nit picking by finding holes in Michu’s game. No player is complete. As pointed out, he has to be one of the best players we’ve ever had. Apart from his high standard of play and unselfishness to play in a position he doesn’t like to suit the team for the last few months, his commitment is incredible. His attitude in Romania was fantastic and in the second half Sunday you could really see how much the win meant to him. He bloody loves it.

"I don’t class Michu as a ‘creative midfielder’ I class................ you could really see how much the win meant to him. He bloody loves it."

I likes this whole post by the jruss man.

Sh**e. I meant to avoid quoting the whole thing and did both! I'm a computer t**t aye.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2013 18:51]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Michu on 18:49 - Sep 4 with 2652 viewsW_Hunt

Michu on 18:38 - Sep 4 by Darran

Not yet he isn't.

Aye - wait until he scores 20 goals in a season, mainly from midfield in a league much stronger than the old Division One. Oh hang on...

Rose tinted glasses Dar. He's on a different level. Not sure what transfer fees they could have commanded in today's money but it sure as f*ck wouldn't have been anywhere near the £25-30m figure we'd want for Michu.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2013 18:52]
Michu on 18:53 - Sep 4 with 2642 viewsDarran

Michu on 18:49 - Sep 4 by W_Hunt

Aye - wait until he scores 20 goals in a season, mainly from midfield in a league much stronger than the old Division One. Oh hang on...

Rose tinted glasses Dar. He's on a different level. Not sure what transfer fees they could have commanded in today's money but it sure as f*ck wouldn't have been anywhere near the £25-30m figure we'd want for Michu.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2013 18:52]

He's a great player but you're wrong posh boy,come back next season and we'll talk.

Michu on 19:13 - Sep 4 with 2627 viewsW_Hunt

Michu on 18:53 - Sep 4 by Darran

He's a great player but you're wrong posh boy,come back next season and we'll talk.

Now now, just because you haven't got a Waitrose in Cimla...
Michu on 19:21 - Sep 4 with 2619 viewsmax936

Michu on 19:13 - Sep 4 by W_Hunt

Now now, just because you haven't got a Waitrose in Cimla...

They wouldn't let him in if we did, the scruffy herbet

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Michu on 11:06 - Sep 5 with 2541 viewsperchrockjack

Curt was nowhere near the consistency of MICHU,not remotely so,not at Leeds or Soton either.

Michu stands alone for me.

I didn't take drugs

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Michu on 13:30 - Sep 8 with 2446 viewsdameedna

I was at a wedding yesterday and the Spanish Commission was there.

One of the guests happens to be a drinking friend of Michu. Put it this way, I cannot see Michu ever playing for Cardiff.

The guy is a special and rare talent and we are lucky to have him. Not to be confused with idolisation, it is good to see recognition of his 100% contribution to our club.

His attitude rubs off on his team mates.
Michu on 13:34 - Sep 8 with 2438 viewsmax936

Michu on 13:30 - Sep 8 by dameedna

I was at a wedding yesterday and the Spanish Commission was there.

One of the guests happens to be a drinking friend of Michu. Put it this way, I cannot see Michu ever playing for Cardiff.

The guy is a special and rare talent and we are lucky to have him. Not to be confused with idolisation, it is good to see recognition of his 100% contribution to our club.

His attitude rubs off on his team mates.

When does he qualify to play for Wales

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Michu on 13:54 - Sep 8 with 2407 viewsPozuelosSideys

Michu's positional sense and work off the ball is fantastic. Consistently plays between the lines when in the hole and moves defenders around all over the place making space for others. Potentially a reason why our wingers could and probably should score more this season than last.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024