Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. 17:28 - Dec 28 with 8894 viewsSwanfan1

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 17:29 - Dec 28 with 5126 viewsJackfath

I think it may be mine.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 17:30 - Dec 28 with 5120 viewsOldjack

Bony

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 17:44 - Dec 28 with 5051 viewslovejuicejack

A bit of both
Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 17:50 - Dec 28 with 5027 viewssmellyjack

Need an option of not playing enough games. Never playing 90 mins.
He's the sort of player capable of scoring a 90th minute winner.
Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 18:01 - Dec 28 with 4967 viewsDavillin

The only reasonable choice is not there. Wanna redo the options and add one?

Bony is not scoring goals for two basic reasons.

1. For whatever reason - whether it's his preference, or coach's instructions - he plays almost constantly in the "D" with a defender on each shoulder, and facing the Swansea goal. He cannot turn because of the defenders, and therefore almost always passes the ball back to a midfielder. In other words, he gets some service, but is not in a position to turn it into something.

2. This is related. He needs to learn when and how to move into space when an attack is developing so that the service can reach him as he's getting into a scoring position [meaning both that he is weakly undefended and in a good place]. Today, as in previous games, I did see midfielders threading the ball into open space that Bony could have, and should have, made a timed move into.

On that matter, I noticed Laudrup giving instructions to Alvaro as the latter took the field, and with words and gesture was telling Alvaro to get forward.

I think Bony can still make valuable contributions, but not while he's playing the position as he is.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 18:29 - Dec 28 with 4893 viewsSwanfan1

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 18:01 - Dec 28 by Davillin

1. For whatever reason - whether it's his preference, or coach's instructions - he plays almost constantly in the "D" with a defender on each shoulder, and facing the Swansea goal. He cannot turn because of the defenders, and therefore almost always passes the ball back to a midfielder. In other words, he gets some service, but is not in a position to turn it into something.

2. This is related. He needs to learn when and how to move into space when an attack is developing so that the service can reach him as he's getting into a scoring position [meaning both that he is weakly undefended and in a good place]. Today, as in previous games, I did see midfielders threading the ball into open space that Bony could have, and should have, made a timed move into.

On that matter, I noticed Laudrup giving instructions to Alvaro as the latter took the field, and with words and gesture was telling Alvaro to get forward.

I think Bony can still make valuable contributions, but not while he's playing the position as he is.

Good answer, you got a point always got 2 defenders at his back
but thats always the problem with playing one up front
I think Michu would have helped, Shelvey as the supporting striker or attacking midfielder drifts back and out wide
rarely gets into the box.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 18:31 - Dec 28 with 4885 viewsGrandPrix

They should make the goals bigger, so we as fans never have to see a 0-0 draw
[Post edited 28 Dec 2013 18:33]

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 18:51 - Dec 28 with 4845 viewsLiam12345

coaching staff never thought of that option?

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Login to get fewer ads

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 19:01 - Dec 28 with 4811 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It is the managers fault for purchasing a player who clearly does not fit our style.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 20:24 - Dec 28 with 4711 viewsDavillin

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 19:01 - Dec 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is the managers fault for purchasing a player who clearly does not fit our style.

I hope you're not implying that I said or meant that.

I don't think Bony "clearly does not fit our style." I do think that the way he's playing does not make it easy for him to be successful. Again, whether that's his doing or manager's instructions I don't know.

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 20:41 - Dec 28 with 4670 viewsLiberty

As disappointed as I was to see vanish come on, for a moment I thought we had gone 4 4 2, which would be refreshing and positive.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 20:41 - Dec 28 with 4665 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

As we saw last season, when Danny Graham was dragging opposition defedners all over the place upfront, it created the space and opportunity for Michu, De Guzman and others to attack.

Bony does not run the opposition defenders anywhere. He remains stationary. That is why I believe he does not fit our style. We appear to be trying to adapt to him. And yes I realise we have scored more goals than all the teams below us, but no one can deny we are struggling to create chances this season.

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 20:46 - Dec 28 with 4655 viewstherealme

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 19:01 - Dec 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He doesn't suit us the way we're playing at the moment. A little bit of tinkering then maybe - wingers stay wide, take on their man, deliver ball into box

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 21:05 - Dec 28 with 4572 viewsLiberty

Lots of reasons, he doesn't get great service and he is not that quick. New striker desparately needed, but not easy to come by - especially to suit our style.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 21:15 - Dec 28 with 4557 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Maybe we should look for some bargains in the European leagues. After all, British players are too expensive and we can get such quality for much less from for example;

Eredivise - Wilfred Bony
La Liga - Vasquez
Bundesliga - Shechter

Why waste money on British players who have proven themself in this league, such as Steven Fletcher, when we can go abroad.

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 21:16 - Dec 28 with 4549 viewsDull1Thomas

I am surprised and disappointed that no one has yet blamed it on the boogie!

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 00:12 - Dec 29 with 4427 viewsGowerjack

Dav

Unlike some on here I believe you have a good understanding of the game,so my question is...

Do you not think he's a bit slow in mind and deed?

He just seems to lack both physical pace and mental agility.

Discuss.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 00:13 - Dec 29 with 4424 viewsmonkeymike

both, the service is shit we are lucky to get a corner past the first post

the most he has of all ball is when he comes back to get it then holds it up for a little bit, then he isnt in the attack anymore.

our whole team needs to start learning what moving into space is
Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 00:18 - Dec 29 with 4399 viewsaspas45

Lack of service - I can’t be disappointed with Bony he hardly gets a chance per game.

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 09:22 - Dec 29 with 4247 viewsperchrockjack

I d have thought if you spend 13m on a player you d already have a system in mind to play not getting him in and then trying to devise a system.
He seems to be permanently in the wrong place in the box and unable to get a decent shot on target.
He may be just an utter gash waste of huge for us money.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 09:36 - Dec 29 with 4229 viewsMan_Jolby

Stick to rounders fella.

Poll: Should use of E-cigs be permitted inside the Liberty on match days?

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 09:39 - Dec 29 with 4219 viewsperchrockjack

Basebal FFS.
You never heard of Babe Ruth

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 10:00 - Dec 29 with 4204 viewsbermudajack

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 09:22 - Dec 29 by perchrockjack

I d have thought if you spend 13m on a player you d already have a system in mind to play not getting him in and then trying to devise a system.
He seems to be permanently in the wrong place in the box and unable to get a decent shot on target.
He may be just an utter gash waste of huge for us money.

At £13mill our expectations were very high

I've defended him time & time again on here, stating he needs more time to settle etc.

He had plenty of service yesterday (and has had in plenty in previous games)

He has shown absolutely nothing in my view to justify this huge price tag

Talk about style, service, settling in, fitness, game time all you want

The only real positive he has is his strength, when did he last threaten to or even score a goal in the PL?

Let's stop kidding ourselves, he's slow, lazy, out of his depth and not worth even half the £ we paid for him on current performances.

Now we need to spend big for an average striker (as it's January) to compensate. Laudrups record of signing strikers at this level is questionable to say the least.

No wonder the relationship between Laudrup and Huw can appear strained on occasions, wasting £12 M of our limited transfer budget is a huge coq-up. And Vasquez is not adequate backup either...

We can't afford to wait for him to find his mojo at the expense of PL points anymore... And if he doesn't find his mojo? What impact does that have on ML's future transfer budgets?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 16:06 - Dec 29 with 4111 viewsDavillin

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 09:36 - Dec 29 by Man_Jolby

Stick to rounders fella.

Such a cultured, intelligent, and constructive reply! Dumb ass.

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 16:29 - Dec 29 with 4091 viewsDavillin

Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?. on 00:12 - Dec 29 by Gowerjack

Dav

Unlike some on here I believe you have a good understanding of the game,so my question is...

Do you not think he's a bit slow in mind and deed?

He just seems to lack both physical pace and mental agility.

Discuss.

Thanks, GowerJack.

It's hard to give a definitive answer, mostly because Bony doesn't often have the opportunity to show quickness of mind and feet, pace, or mental agility.

In the very rare moments when he gets out of the over-defended "D," he does show those characteristics, but the moments rarely last long enough to matter. I saw several times yesterday when he did well in that regard.

One of the reasons I think you might think that is because he is completely surrounded by Swansea players with those qualities in extreme excess.

A poster above pointed out, correctly I believe, that Danny Graham did put himself about, drawing defenders away so others [Michu for one] could exploit the spaces he left open.

When I was younger, I enjoyed hunting upland birds. It was considered a hunter's mortal sin to shoot a bird who was on the ground. I never hunted waterfowl, but I understand that shooting a bird on the water is also a mortal sin for hunters. "Sitting duck" is the resultant expression.

I think Bony is a sitting duck when he is locked in the "D."

I have not nearly given up on Bony. I think he has all of the skills needed to play in the Premier League and, hopefully for Swansea. As it is, he's in a footballing straitjacket.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024