Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. 13:03 - Jan 20 with 10576 viewsBloodyhills

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-liverpool-fc-de

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:08 - Jan 20 with 7119 viewsClinton

If we start taking notice of Hansen, then we are in trouble.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:14 - Jan 20 with 7084 viewsBloodyhills

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:08 - Jan 20 by Clinton

If we start taking notice of Hansen, then we are in trouble.

I don't think we are, he's just a cheeky, clueless idiot. There's nothing wrong with passing the ball around. Maybe he thinks it's best to just not bother passing and just hoof the ball up the pitch all the time.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:15 - Jan 20 with 7076 viewsshandyjack

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:14 - Jan 20 by Bloodyhills

I don't think we are, he's just a cheeky, clueless idiot. There's nothing wrong with passing the ball around. Maybe he thinks it's best to just not bother passing and just hoof the ball up the pitch all the time.

maybe we should hoof it like West Ham or Cardiff

Poll: Expectation for the season

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:25 - Jan 20 with 7031 viewsAnotherJohn

We shouldn't take too much notice of Hansen, but I would be in favour of mixing things up a bit. This would involve some variation from our usual style with a few more balls played into the box early and more bodies converging on the box at key moments. I get depressed when we have a free kick in the opponents' half and play it short backwards to our back four.
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:25 - Jan 20 with 7029 viewsmonmouth

Glassy eyed, swivel headed, irrelevant waste of an arsehole.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:26 - Jan 20 with 7025 viewsUxbridge

Well I'm convinced.

Out of interest did he suggest an alternative way we could utilise the rather heavily biased towards technical footballers squad we've acquired?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:27 - Jan 20 with 7009 viewsymaohyd

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:15 - Jan 20 by shandyjack

We need to show more intelligence from now on in.

Against Fulham, we need to play at a higher tempo from the start. Get the crowd into the game. Once we are in control of the game, then we can slow the tempo down, let them come at us and counter effectively.

Too many games this season we haven't been in control. Go a goal down, then we're f**ked! It's all about control.

Our possession football is brilliant for having a relatively healthy goal difference, the down side is, how often does a Swans team go a goal down and come back to win?

As I say, intelligence.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:28 - Jan 20 with 7009 viewsJokeren1943

The most crappy interview ever.
Login to get fewer ads

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:28 - Jan 20 with 7005 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:25 - Jan 20 by AnotherJohn

We shouldn't take too much notice of Hansen, but I would be in favour of mixing things up a bit. This would involve some variation from our usual style with a few more balls played into the box early and more bodies converging on the box at key moments. I get depressed when we have a free kick in the opponents' half and play it short backwards to our back four.

Dis ^

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:30 - Jan 20 with 6991 viewsAndy1300

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:25 - Jan 20 by AnotherJohn

This.

get the ball into the box, if we can't do it then bloody practice doing it

Number 1 team in Wales

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:52 - Jan 20 with 6905 viewsBloodyhills

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:15 - Jan 20 by shandyjack

Maybe not. It doesn't seem to be working for them. LoL

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:53 - Jan 20 with 6900 viewsBloodyhills

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:25 - Jan 20 by monmouth

I sometimes wonder how some of the 'experts' actually make a living out of punditry.

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:55 - Jan 20 with 6890 viewsBloodyhills

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:25 - Jan 20 by monmouth

You are speaking way too highly of him. :)

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 14:02 - Jan 20 with 6851 viewsBloodyhills

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 13:26 - Jan 20 by Uxbridge

Well I'm convinced.

Out of interest did he suggest an alternative way we could utilise the rather heavily biased towards technical footballers squad we've acquired?

I think he's wrong in attacking our passing game but we are a bit weak in the final third and could do with more incisive passing there. What Hansen suggests though is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 14:12 - Jan 20 with 6817 viewsBuddyGuy

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 14:02 - Jan 20 by Bloodyhills

I think he's wrong in attacking our passing game but we are a bit weak in the final third and could do with more incisive passing there. What Hansen suggests though is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

the 'attacking game' has been slowed down to bpm of a Miles Davis track t'all need to counter-attack at pace...if you don't agree holla at me
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 14:13 - Jan 20 with 6810 viewsAndy1300

he seemed to be saying that our passing game wasn't working as it used to be so perhaps we should have a plan b

Number 1 team in Wales

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 14:17 - Jan 20 with 6804 viewsSwanzay

We certainly do need to mix it up a bit, we have become to predictable at times, oponents just need to pack the midfield and play deep and we look short on options.
Dare I say it, no plan B.
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 14:22 - Jan 20 with 6784 viewsMattG

Won't bother discussing Hansen's comments as they don't warrant it.

However, one thing I would like to see us do is take more time over free kicks in the opposing half - almost every time we take them short and quick but to little effect. Now that we have Bony, the option of a ball into the box is a much better one than it was and something that, IMO, we need to look at more often.
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 14:31 - Jan 20 with 6738 viewsBuddyGuy

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 14:13 - Jan 20 by Andy1300

he seemed to be saying that our passing game wasn't working as it used to be so perhaps we should have a plan b

Tremmel should get rid of that ball like it's a hot of a lorry y'all, don't get caught in possession just move it forward when the opposition are not in position aka counter-attack.

Take my advice, my advice puts the thread on people's backs y'all
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 14:33 - Jan 20 with 6733 viewsSwanzay

Weve always been historically shite and corners and freekicks, the current issue I would say is the lack of height in midfiled and attack, when JJS went of Amat was the only player over 6ft from these areas.
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 14:33 - Jan 20 with 6731 viewscaerleon_jack

I dare say this won't be the only such article before the end of the season - we have to remember that for the past two seasons we've been showing up these so-called experts. Favourites to go down in our first year, favourites to go down in our second. Now we're going through a rough patch and the tables have turned. Most of what he says is nonsense and doesn't tie up with what actually happened in the game. He makes it sound like once they scored the rest of the game was spent playing in our own half with our players being driven backwards by a relentless onslaught. Granted we had patches where we played poorly, but his comments only match what I assume was the typical MoTD highlights package (ie show everything the opposition did and very little of what we did)

Insert something witty here

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 14:39 - Jan 20 with 6698 viewsperchrockjack

passing stats are only for geeks. They mean that a team passes ther ball more. We do it where it doesn't hurt.

We do it when we don't need to and give stupid goals away.

We pass often just for the sake of it and that is what Hansen is getting at.

No need to chuck the philosophy but just do it when we need to and not because its something that we do. To stay up we re going to have to mix it up as the likes of Pulis will have a plan ready as Sherwood had yesterday, ie to stop us passing it around in the middle and break us up then hit us on the break.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 15:15 - Jan 20 with 6625 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It must be killing Hansen that his beloved Liverpool are passing it so well under Rodgers then.

Not to mention doing it better than his best mate Kenny managed.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 17:12 - Jan 20 with 6442 viewssomersetsimon

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 14:13 - Jan 20 by Andy1300

Our passing game is one of our lines of defence. Can you imagine how many extra goals we'd concede if we only had 30-40% possession?
Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 17:23 - Jan 20 with 6404 viewsAndy1300

Alan Hansen attacks our passing philosophy. on 17:12 - Jan 20 by somersetsimon

Our passing game is one of our lines of defence. Can you imagine how many extra goals we'd concede if we only had 30-40% possession?

recently it's been a cause of conceded goals, we give the ball away under no pressure in our own half and often they score from it

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024