Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Currently 5th in the Premier League 22:49 - Sep 28 with 1874 viewsLiberty

Played 6, Won 3, Draw 1, Lost 2. Goal diff +2..

Anyone else happy with that start to this season?

I think its brilliant and a good chance for another 3 points this Saturday.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 22:50 - Sep 28 with 1462 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

People thought Sunderland and Southampton were good chances for another 3 points.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 22:59 - Sep 28 with 1441 viewsLiberty

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 22:50 - Sep 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

People thought Sunderland and Southampton were good chances for another 3 points.

Lets finish with 11 of our players on pitch and should have a good chance.

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:00 - Sep 28 with 1436 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 22:59 - Sep 28 by Liberty

Lets finish with 11 of our players on pitch and should have a good chance.

The lack of discipline is frightening.

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:03 - Sep 28 with 1428 viewsLiberty

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:00 - Sep 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Its a rare blip and Rangel should not have been sent off.

Anyway, its a great start to the season overall.

There are alot of clubs in league who would love to be where we are.

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:04 - Sep 28 with 1428 viewsNeathJack

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:00 - Sep 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:19 - Sep 28 with 1390 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:04 - Sep 28 by NeathJack

I was there, most United fans agreed it was a straight red.

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:20 - Sep 28 with 1387 viewsNeathJack

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:19 - Sep 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I was there, most United fans agreed it was a straight red.

That lack of discipline is frightening.
Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:22 - Sep 28 with 1379 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:20 - Sep 28 by NeathJack

That lack of discipline is frightening.

5 red cards in 622 games isn't that frightening.

Login to get fewer ads

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:25 - Sep 28 with 1371 viewsLiberty

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:22 - Sep 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Are you happy with Swans start to the season?

Yes or no

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:28 - Sep 28 with 1355 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:25 - Sep 28 by Liberty

Are you happy with Swans start to the season?

Yes or no

I'd use the word happy, yes.

It hasn't been brilliant but it certainly hasn't been poor.

Some of the tactics employed have been questionable though and judging by yesterdays matchday thread it seem that my early assessment of Gomis which nearly everybody disagreed with and many even attacked me over is now considered the popular opinion.

It seems to be a pattern, I post something that most believe is rubbish, it turns out to be correct and I get no apologies.

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:29 - Sep 28 with 1351 viewsSwansNZ

10 points from 6 games is very good, on target for 63 points - that will do for me.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:56 - Sep 28 with 1311 viewsLiberty

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:28 - Sep 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'd use the word happy, yes.

It hasn't been brilliant but it certainly hasn't been poor.

Some of the tactics employed have been questionable though and judging by yesterdays matchday thread it seem that my early assessment of Gomis which nearly everybody disagreed with and many even attacked me over is now considered the popular opinion.

It seems to be a pattern, I post something that most believe is rubbish, it turns out to be correct and I get no apologies.

Gomis needs game time, bit too early to write him off.

Snag is , with only 1 up front and Bony having done well for us.

Keep with Bony for now, for me.

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 00:00 - Sep 29 with 1303 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:56 - Sep 28 by Liberty

Gomis needs game time, bit too early to write him off.

Snag is , with only 1 up front and Bony having done well for us.

Keep with Bony for now, for me.

I agree.

I never wrote him off, I just simply stated he struggles to hold up the ball and repeatedly looks for the eye of the needle pass or the over the top high ball instead of finding space, holding it up and bringing the wingers and midfielders into play.

When he does go looking for space he reminds me of Bauza running around tirelessly but struggling to get a touch. That may have cut it in League 1 but Gomis is probably earning a month close to what Bauza got every 6.

He better step it up and he'd better do it quick. He wasn't brought in to be a poor mans Bony, he was brought in to improve on him.

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 00:29 - Sep 29 with 1273 viewsDaithejack

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 00:00 - Sep 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I agree.

I never wrote him off, I just simply stated he struggles to hold up the ball and repeatedly looks for the eye of the needle pass or the over the top high ball instead of finding space, holding it up and bringing the wingers and midfielders into play.

When he does go looking for space he reminds me of Bauza running around tirelessly but struggling to get a touch. That may have cut it in League 1 but Gomis is probably earning a month close to what Bauza got every 6.

He better step it up and he'd better do it quick. He wasn't brought in to be a poor mans Bony, he was brought in to improve on him.

And this time last year people were on here saying Bony was S#%t so lets give the boy a chance is it?

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 08:13 - Sep 29 with 1140 viewsPhil_S

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 22:50 - Sep 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

They were - you seem to be confusing 'good chance' with 'certainty'

Saturday is another good chance - doesn't mean we will win though
Currently 5th in the Premier League on 08:34 - Sep 29 with 1102 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 23:22 - Sep 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

How is anything prior to Van Gaal/this current MU squad relevant?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 08:50 - Sep 29 with 1070 viewsPegojack

I'm very pleased, but in my opinion we also have to look at who we've played.

My system, which I've bored you with before, is to split the Premier League up into three groups. There are the top five who compete for the Champions League spots (Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U), there are the next two who compete for the Europa league spots (Spurs, Everton), then there is our league with 12 rival clubs.

On average, I expect to get no points from the top 5, 1 point home and away from the next two, and four points from each of the 12 teams in our league (a win at home, a draw away).

If we can meet that target, we will end up with 52 points, which is a good mid table finish.

As it stands, we are spot on course, which is very good. Picked up three points on the first day of the season when we were expected to get none, but then lost at home to a team in 'our' league. All the other games went as required.

Next three games - we need minimum seven points from Newcastle and Leicester at home, and Stoke away.
Currently 5th in the Premier League on 08:54 - Sep 29 with 1054 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 08:50 - Sep 29 by Pegojack

I'm very pleased, but in my opinion we also have to look at who we've played.

My system, which I've bored you with before, is to split the Premier League up into three groups. There are the top five who compete for the Champions League spots (Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U), there are the next two who compete for the Europa league spots (Spurs, Everton), then there is our league with 12 rival clubs.

On average, I expect to get no points from the top 5, 1 point home and away from the next two, and four points from each of the 12 teams in our league (a win at home, a draw away).

If we can meet that target, we will end up with 52 points, which is a good mid table finish.

As it stands, we are spot on course, which is very good. Picked up three points on the first day of the season when we were expected to get none, but then lost at home to a team in 'our' league. All the other games went as required.

Next three games - we need minimum seven points from Newcastle and Leicester at home, and Stoke away.

4 points or less would be disappointing, 5 or 6 acceptable, 7 or 9 spectacular.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 09:33 - Sep 29 with 1001 viewstomdickharry

Good start towards our initial goal of 40pts.
Currently 5th in the Premier League on 09:38 - Sep 29 with 994 viewsicecoldjack

No complaints a good start to the season for me. Sunderland away wasn't an easy game,why people thought it would be I have no idea, they have only lost one game this season and were gonna come out all guns blazing to try and beat us as we are a team they would have targeted for 3 pts.

Monk has done well and the players are playing for him which for me is vital at this level.

It's going to be tough this season like it was previous seasons but we don't have anything to complain about with our first 5/6 games.

Losing to Southampton was a shame as we were all over them until the sending off, Chelsea away was a great game for 60 minutes and we will be one of the only teams to go there and stand toe to toe with a world class team, a team which we dominated for a long spell.

It's all good at the moment, 3 pts against Newcastle will make it an awesome first few weeks.
Currently 5th in the Premier League on 09:44 - Sep 29 with 978 viewsraynor94

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 09:38 - Sep 29 by icecoldjack

No complaints a good start to the season for me. Sunderland away wasn't an easy game,why people thought it would be I have no idea, they have only lost one game this season and were gonna come out all guns blazing to try and beat us as we are a team they would have targeted for 3 pts.

Monk has done well and the players are playing for him which for me is vital at this level.

It's going to be tough this season like it was previous seasons but we don't have anything to complain about with our first 5/6 games.

Losing to Southampton was a shame as we were all over them until the sending off, Chelsea away was a great game for 60 minutes and we will be one of the only teams to go there and stand toe to toe with a world class team, a team which we dominated for a long spell.

It's all good at the moment, 3 pts against Newcastle will make it an awesome first few weeks.

Excellent post, sums up my feelings perfectly

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 10:01 - Sep 29 with 950 viewsjack247

We weren't likely to get more than a point at Sunderland before the second booking. Gomis isn't Bony and we can't expect him to be. Seemed to me we were playing to Bonys strengths not Gomis' and he was having a tough time of it. The sending off just forced us to shut up shop and we coped reasonably comfortably.

Southampton was another matter, first half was fairly even but we were starting to get on top and it looked like a goal was coming before Bony went.
Currently 5th in the Premier League on 10:11 - Sep 29 with 935 viewskarnataka

To have 25% of your initial survival target points in the bag with only 15% of the games played is an excellent start.
Currently 5th in the Premier League on 10:24 - Sep 29 with 918 viewsSwansNZ

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 10:11 - Sep 29 by karnataka

To have 25% of your initial survival target points in the bag with only 15% of the games played is an excellent start.

100% agree

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Currently 5th in the Premier League on 10:33 - Sep 29 with 902 viewshammy

Yes, very pleased with the good start to the season. If we can get a couple of wins in the next 3 games, then we will be well placed to ride out the next few games against more difficult opponents. We are currently a mid table team punching above our weight, while the likes of Man Ure, Liverpool and Everton are not ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024