Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expensive jeans thread 15:25 - Nov 14 with 2231 viewsJackfath

There was a thread on here a while back with some posters claiming they paid upward of £100 for their denim jeans from some company who make them a special way. In the thread I claimed that they were being duped and there was no difference between the jeans they bought and off the peg ones in their local Asda, Tesco, and Sainsbury.

I do hope others remember it. Anyway, thought posters who contriuted to that thread may like to read this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3318112/What-stitch-Designer-jeans-costi

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Expensive jeans thread on 15:33 - Nov 14 with 2213 viewsraynor94

Certainly do remember it, some mugs boasting they were happy to pay in excess of £200 for jeans, glad to see you pointing out the error of their ways

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Expensive jeans thread on 15:40 - Nov 14 with 2193 viewsDarran

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/143339/hiut-jeans/#33

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Expensive jeans thread on 17:29 - Nov 14 with 2125 viewswaynekerr55

Mandm direct.

Designer jeans at significant discount ✌✌✌✌

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Expensive jeans thread on 17:31 - Nov 14 with 2118 viewsmonmouth

Expensive jeans thread on 17:29 - Nov 14 by waynekerr55

Mandm direct.

Designer jeans at significant discount ✌✌✌✌

Just used them for a pair of sketchers runners. 25 quid and perfect, plus two day delivery. Tidy.

Slight seconds for some of their stuff someone told me but not anything you can notice.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Expensive jeans thread on 20:40 - Nov 16 with 1971 viewsPacemaker

Good programme on Channel 4 about jeans and the manufacture/cost.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Expensive jeans thread on 20:43 - Nov 16 with 1965 viewsdickythorpe

Blue harbour from M &S
Expensive jeans thread on 20:52 - Nov 16 with 1952 viewsSenhin

I've never understood £100 on jeans. I'm not someone who goes looking for bargains and whatnot... If anything I usually over spend. I shop in Tesco and always buy the 'finest' even if it is the same thing etc

£100 for a coat? I've paid that, but the most I've ever spent on jeans is £40. Sure, some that are £20 are naff looking, but the same is true for the expensive ones. My most recent ones are some Vans ones I bought for £20 in TKmaxx and they are just as nice as the Diesel ones I got ages ago, again from TKmaxx, that claimed an RRP of £140.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Expensive jeans thread on 21:06 - Nov 16 with 1936 viewslifelong

Expensive jeans thread on 20:52 - Nov 16 by Senhin

I've never understood £100 on jeans. I'm not someone who goes looking for bargains and whatnot... If anything I usually over spend. I shop in Tesco and always buy the 'finest' even if it is the same thing etc

£100 for a coat? I've paid that, but the most I've ever spent on jeans is £40. Sure, some that are £20 are naff looking, but the same is true for the expensive ones. My most recent ones are some Vans ones I bought for £20 in TKmaxx and they are just as nice as the Diesel ones I got ages ago, again from TKmaxx, that claimed an RRP of £140.

All the holes you see in jeans these days, what's that all about?
Login to get fewer ads

Expensive jeans thread on 21:08 - Nov 16 with 1926 viewsDarran

Expensive jeans thread on 21:06 - Nov 16 by lifelong

All the holes you see in jeans these days, what's that all about?

Get ew legs through mun.

Expensive jeans thread on 22:32 - Nov 16 with 1864 viewspikeypaul

You can get great bargains for brand new designer jeans on eBay
Last pair I bought were Boss orange label RRP £110
had them for £20 that was over 2 years ago and they are still in great condition.
What's good also is you can get your exact measurements,nothing worse than
going in shop and finding your waist size but then only short, medium,and long
it's as if people's heights come in 3 inch increments and if you fall in between
your knackered,don't talk about having them taken up they never look the same.
Never paid more than £30 for a pair.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Expensive jeans thread on 22:44 - Nov 16 with 1857 viewsLord_Bony

I like to get me jeans from Aldis their own brand Geordie Jeans £9.99.

They're sexy as fook and the lasses love them...especially tight around the arse like...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Expensive jeans thread on 23:42 - Nov 16 with 1800 viewsSwanseajill

Expensive jeans thread on 22:32 - Nov 16 by pikeypaul

You can get great bargains for brand new designer jeans on eBay
Last pair I bought were Boss orange label RRP £110
had them for £20 that was over 2 years ago and they are still in great condition.
What's good also is you can get your exact measurements,nothing worse than
going in shop and finding your waist size but then only short, medium,and long
it's as if people's heights come in 3 inch increments and if you fall in between
your knackered,don't talk about having them taken up they never look the same.
Never paid more than £30 for a pair.

Too expensive for manufacturers to cater for every leg length. Which can range between 26 to 37 iniches ( the longest leg length that I have worked on)
But all the article, or the programme is pointing out is.......denim is just, well denim, and for designer jeans you are paying for the better cut and fit with the extra costings.
I'm retired now,But If you had brought your jeans to my workshop to be altered, they would have been altered and looked as they were purchased when finished.
Savile Row trained me.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2015 23:44]
Expensive jeans thread on 23:58 - Nov 16 with 1771 viewslondonlisa2001

Expensive jeans thread on 23:42 - Nov 16 by Swanseajill

Too expensive for manufacturers to cater for every leg length. Which can range between 26 to 37 iniches ( the longest leg length that I have worked on)
But all the article, or the programme is pointing out is.......denim is just, well denim, and for designer jeans you are paying for the better cut and fit with the extra costings.
I'm retired now,But If you had brought your jeans to my workshop to be altered, they would have been altered and looked as they were purchased when finished.
Savile Row trained me.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2015 23:44]

Oh thank God someone who knows!!
It's all in the cut and cheap knockoffs just don't sit the same.

Several years ago they had a Versace exhibition in the V&A and the famous Liz Hurley safety pin dress was in there. The craftsmanship was just beautiful to see - the way it draped and hung was astonishing. Comparing a £20 version from Primark would be like comparing a Cheeky Girls number to Mozart.

What a brilliant thing to be able to do swanseajill - I wish I could sew properly.
Expensive jeans thread on 00:02 - Nov 17 with 1765 viewsDarran

I'm into John Varvatos at the moment.

http://www.johnvarvatos.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-johnvarvatos-Site/default?

Expensive jeans thread on 00:15 - Nov 17 with 1738 viewslondonlisa2001

Expensive jeans thread on 00:02 - Nov 17 by Darran

I'm into John Varvatos at the moment.

http://www.johnvarvatos.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-johnvarvatos-Site/default?

I quite like 7 for all mankind and Citizens of Humanity jeans. Different pairs suit different people though. I laughed at the article when it said right at the bottom all you are paying for is the better cut - well yes, exactly. That's why they're expensive in comparison.
Expensive jeans thread on 00:16 - Nov 17 with 1736 viewsSwanseajill

Expensive jeans thread on 23:58 - Nov 16 by londonlisa2001

Oh thank God someone who knows!!
It's all in the cut and cheap knockoffs just don't sit the same.

Several years ago they had a Versace exhibition in the V&A and the famous Liz Hurley safety pin dress was in there. The craftsmanship was just beautiful to see - the way it draped and hung was astonishing. Comparing a £20 version from Primark would be like comparing a Cheeky Girls number to Mozart.

What a brilliant thing to be able to do swanseajill - I wish I could sew properly.

That's why Lisa, it's a very rare day when I purchase clothing on the Internet.

Always FEEL the quality, and ALWAYS mind the fit. y
Expensive jeans thread on 00:26 - Nov 17 with 1723 viewsBanosswan

I had a pair of diesel jeans from m&m about six years ago for about £35 and they're only now giving up. Would gladly pay £100 for a similar pair but they're at least twice that.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Expensive jeans thread on 00:30 - Nov 17 with 1721 viewslondonlisa2001

Expensive jeans thread on 00:16 - Nov 17 by Swanseajill

That's why Lisa, it's a very rare day when I purchase clothing on the Internet.

Always FEEL the quality, and ALWAYS mind the fit. y

Good clothes are a pleasure.

Always remember my cousin who has lived in Italy all of her adult life telling me when I was about 18 or so (and was lusting after her Max Mara coat) that they buy far fewer clothes than us and much better quality. Cost per wear is lower in the end and they're all classics. Good advice.
Expensive jeans thread on 00:37 - Nov 17 with 1714 viewslondonlisa2001

Expensive jeans thread on 00:26 - Nov 17 by Banosswan

I had a pair of diesel jeans from m&m about six years ago for about £35 and they're only now giving up. Would gladly pay £100 for a similar pair but they're at least twice that.

If you're ever in the area, there's a very good Diesel outlet store in Bicester Village.
They sell the previous season's collection overflow from Selfridges etc rather than seconds and I've seen very good deals in there loads of times.
As with any outlet you've less sizes etc but a they have a lot of stuff usually.
Best time to go is when the new collections have just hit the shops and they ship the old to places like Bicester.
Expensive jeans thread on 02:05 - Nov 17 with 1680 viewsBanosswan

Expensive jeans thread on 00:37 - Nov 17 by londonlisa2001

If you're ever in the area, there's a very good Diesel outlet store in Bicester Village.
They sell the previous season's collection overflow from Selfridges etc rather than seconds and I've seen very good deals in there loads of times.
As with any outlet you've less sizes etc but a they have a lot of stuff usually.
Best time to go is when the new collections have just hit the shops and they ship the old to places like Bicester.

They seem to have cottoned(pardon the pun) on to that and will still charge more. When I was in Florida and picking up levis, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren etc for under £30, diesel were still £150+. I shall be making a pilgrimage to Bicester for a look thanks Lisa.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Expensive jeans thread on 09:38 - Nov 17 with 1584 viewsElward

I bought 2 of the exact same jeans for £20 each from mccarthur glen in Bridgend 6 years ago. The store at the time was called petroleum which i believe is part of the officers club chain? Anyway, other then the few times we get warm weather in the summer and i wear shorts, i wear them every day and apart from then belt attached to them, still look brand new.
Expensive jeans thread on 17:55 - Nov 17 with 1479 viewslondonlisa2001

Expensive jeans thread on 02:05 - Nov 17 by Banosswan

They seem to have cottoned(pardon the pun) on to that and will still charge more. When I was in Florida and picking up levis, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren etc for under £30, diesel were still £150+. I shall be making a pilgrimage to Bicester for a look thanks Lisa.

Extortionate in the States I agree. It's because the only deals in outlets in the US are American brands (the others you mentioned for example). European brands (Diesel are Italian) are very very expensive.

I've bought jeans in Bicester from Diesel for about £80. I particularly recall one encounter in there - I asked for a pair of size 29 jeans (about a size 12) and the emaciated stick insect that was serving told me that they had sold out of all the 'large sizes' !

Bitch
Expensive jeans thread on 17:59 - Nov 17 with 1468 viewsDarran

Expensive jeans thread on 17:55 - Nov 17 by londonlisa2001

Extortionate in the States I agree. It's because the only deals in outlets in the US are American brands (the others you mentioned for example). European brands (Diesel are Italian) are very very expensive.

I've bought jeans in Bicester from Diesel for about £80. I particularly recall one encounter in there - I asked for a pair of size 29 jeans (about a size 12) and the emaciated stick insect that was serving told me that they had sold out of all the 'large sizes' !

Bitch

Nice.

Expensive jeans thread on 18:05 - Nov 17 with 1464 viewsSwanseajill

Expensive jeans thread on 17:55 - Nov 17 by londonlisa2001

Bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024